Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: And I doubt this will be the last of such stories. The "journalists" concerned are just warming up.

Last edited:
This might be a new low but it will get a lot lower over the next 60 or so years of this woman's life so she had better get used to it.

This might be a new low but it will get a lot lower over the next 60 or so years of this woman's life so she had better get used to it.

Absolutely. This unfortunately, is what tabloids do to fill column inches.

We have to remember as well that tabloids, like any products, sell only if people want them. As long as there's a market for this stuff, it will be printed. It's up to the readers.

We have to remember as well that tabloids, like any products, sell only if people want them. As long as there's a market for this stuff, it will be printed. It's up to the readers.

Of course, and we have seen over the last 30 years or so that the negative side of royalty sells better than the positive - a story about the couple having a arguement is going to sell better than a story about them enjoying watching a movie together.

Of course, and we have seen over the last 30 years or so that the negative side of royalty sells better than the positive - a story about the couple having a arguement is going to sell better than a story about them enjoying watching a movie together.

Prince William will keep them out of the lime light. He does like his privacy. I think he is following in his grandparents footprints to begin his married life away from the press.

The teeth stuff came out right after they graduated. I wondered when it would be brought up.:sad:

The story about Kate's dental work is just annoying. It is perfectly reasonable to have dental work of that type, and it is not newsworthy. :bang:

And who doesn't get dental work?

Indeed. That story is just stupid. Let's assume it's true & like many people in this world she's had dental work done, had she not had it done then the media would just complain about how "bad" her teeth were & that she should get them sorted out, lol! Can't win. It's just a stupid story for the sake of a story trying to conjur up something vaguely controversial just to stir up their readers one way or another.

Indeed. That story is just stupid. Let's assume it's true & like many people in this world she's had dental work done, had she not had it done then the media would just complain about how "bad" her teeth were & that she should get them sorted out, lol! Can't win. It's just a stupid story for the sake of a story trying to conjur up something vaguely controversial just to stir up their readers one way or another.

The problem is that the royals sell and if they aren't doing anything newsworthy then the press is free to ferret out stories and even to create them from nothing almost - so long as they quote a 'palace source' or 'sources close to the couple'prince/princess/family' then they can run with it. They know that the palace won't do anything.

I think this is terrific. I hope she continues to do it. Her disregard for fashion is one thing I have always liked about Princess Anne. I have always thought far too much attention is given to what royal women are wearing. There is no need to wear very expensive high fashion designer clothes. I'm not saying she should shop at Target, just that she should not always wear the most expensive designer stuff.

I too think her style is great- fresh, unique and independent. Just like Diana- Wills is brilliant for snatching such a great girl!

I think that she has her finger on Britain's pulse. A lot of people aren't able to afford new clothes with the recession.:flowers:

I too think her style is great- fresh, unique and independent. Just like Diana- Wills is brilliant for snatching such a great girl!

Hen night??
I'm guessing that's a bachelorette party?

Lumutqueen said:
It is indeed.
Hen night for the bride and Stag night for the groom. :)

Thanx LQ:)
That's much more fun than saying "bachelorette party".

It's easier to say Hen night when you've had a few. ;)

I think this is terrific. I hope she continues to do it. Her disregard for fashion is one thing I have always liked about Princess Anne. I have always thought far too much attention is given to what royal women are wearing. There is no need to wear very expensive high fashion designer clothes. I'm not saying she should shop at Target, just that she should not always wear the most expensive designer stuff.

The Princess Royal's clothing is very expensive, although not high fashion. It's also very classic, so it lasts forever and she wears it forever. I'm proud to have that in common with HRH.

I think that she has her finger on Britain's pulse. A lot of people aren't able to afford new clothes with the recession.:flowers:

It is known how Catherine hates it when paparazzi make money with her. I think the same thing applies to fashion. I wouldn't wonder if she chose the engagement outfits by purpose in the knowledge that they are classical enough to be considered highly fashionable but from former collections so it's difficult to actually make money from her wearing those.

It will be different I think when she starts as a Royal to support British fashion designers. So far as a private individual she can buy and wear clothes from last year's collections at reduced prices and wear them whenever she feels like it.

Her mom's trying to loose weight, Catherine is trying to gain weight... Carole eats shrimps and cottage cheese, Catherine cereals and porridge.... how come people are payed to write such non-informational nonsense?

Probably because it takes more creativity to make stuff up than to report facts.;)

I agree total nonsense in Mail article,her mother is ok and Kate is not actually the skinniest woman of Britain,lol

Her mom's trying to loose weight, Catherine is trying to gain weight... Carole eats shrimps and cottage cheese, Catherine cereals and porridge.... how come people are payed to write such non-informational nonsense?

They are paid to write it because people pay to buy it.

I think this article might have been spurred on by the constant attention to her weight and the fact that she might be too small. Even here on the forums, it's been discussed, and it will be discussed for years to come....so really this "non-informational nonsense" is brought on by the fact that it's what people talk about. Sad, isn't it?

I think this article might have been spurred on by the constant attention to her weight and the fact that she might be too small. Even here on the forums, it's been discussed, and it will be discussed for years to come....so really this "non-informational nonsense" is brought on by the fact that it's what people talk about. Sad, isn't it?

And it is what some people like to talk about the most. Even more sad, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom