The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Close to Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh1969
Also as a spokeperson, she has to be very careful what/which group she chooses to, since Monaco wants to be seen as neutral country. Any cause that could have any if distant connection to politics, war, siding with one area; even religion it's a no no.
Yes, In general, I think a Bubbly,talkative,"show-off" person might not think before they speak. For example, If a journalist shouted a question at her --the 'Shoot from the Hip" response might be embarrasing. During an interview, she might answer questions about herself and the reply might be to the detriment of the children and adults represented.
It really takes a reflective,intelligent person to be an effective representative.
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
<deleted reference to deleted post - Elspeth>

If Albert is happy then it's fine by us -- we're not saying that she tortures puppies in her spare time or whatever. In our opinion, she's not conducting herself in a manner that fits a potential royal consort as you see others her age and younger are. In what has been posted in the wife thread, we would all like to see Albert with someone who will help him maintain the dignity and respect for the Monegasque monarchy that his parents took a lifetime to build.

Prior to Rainier's life's work, Monaco was "a sunny place for shady people" and as some of the residents/leaders have pointed out in recent articles (even though retracted/softened in later editions), there is too much focus on the culture of the celebutante there now and less on building on Rainier's & Grace's work. If Albert sees Charlene as someone who won't disturb the status quo -- allowing Caroline to maintain the lead position in organizations like AMADE while she shows off for the press -- again that's fine but it relegates CW to the role of court jester rather than elevating her to the role of reigning princess.

But think about it...we're focused more on CW's articles in tabloids (no matter how respectable, that's what they are) then about PA's trip to the North Pole or any of the reforms (however slowly or tiny they may be) he's making in his own country.
__________________

__________________
  #63  
Old 04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
And you don't know anything about what Charlene may be able to do for and to give to Monaco. She's not mature enough for you ? How can you judge? By what? By the media reports ... by this image....? No chance .... !
You think she's not conucting herself the way a 'future-princess' should ? What do you (we) know about it ? Does anyone of you know what it is like.
People did all this with Albert's sister before ... you're doing the same with Charlene. .. just say that she's not good enough....People also thought that Grace would never be good enough....she was so much beyond it...Stephanie is so much beyond it....plus : these are just people..they will prove themselves when it comes to the point....
... honestly ... Albert could take Sharon Stone or Victoria of Sweden or 'I don't know who' ...you'd always find things to attack them for...just for the sake of giving your two cents I guess....
...I respect your opinions..you don't have to love her....you don't have to love anyone...but wouldn't it be nice to give people a chance?
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #64  
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Unless Andrea marries soon either to Tatiana:)or someone else before PA does, I don't think there will be much interest in the next princess of MC except on a tabloid basis. He's not going to pull a rabbit out of his hat i.e. the smart and educated woman who surprises everyone that folks are waiting for. It's not going to happen. Charlene is his type whether it's acceptable or not. That's what he likes. There's nothing wrong with her but she's the kind of star-struck girl with no education or point of view that he likes. When Prince William marries I think his bride will trump everybody else anyway especially if it's Kate.
__________________
  #65  
Old 04-12-2006, 04:45 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
...He's not going to pull a rabbit out of his hat i.e. the smart and educated woman who surprises everyone that folks are waiting for. It's not going to happen. Charlene is his type whether it's acceptable or not. That's what he likes. There's nothing wrong with her but she's the kind of star-struck girl with no education or point of view that he likes...
I am not ready to concede to this fact yet, although reality is slowly starting to seek in. It's hard to overlook the married waitress, the married flight attendant, and the tacky has been swimmer with no real job prospect. But, I am still hoping for the rabbit out of the hat. I want this man's 48-year wait to be worth it!
__________________
  #66  
Old 04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Close to Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 225
Yes, Prince William has been dating Kate for years ---and you never see her head in his lap or her face in his chest..... Kate is even younger (early 20s) than Charlene...

When Prince William marries(especially if it's Kate) it will be broadcast worldwide...

When Prince Albert marries,it will be broadcast in Europe and S. Africa(Charlene is from S. Africa).....

Monaco and Charlene will be status quo--B&C list celebrities will attend functions...(Grace had AAA list celebrities and artists coming to Monaco)
Tourism will continue to be down if PA marries Charlene....

I hate to say this , but if PA marries a ditch digger(nothing against them) from USA it would be broadcast worlwide and help Monaco tourism more than Charlene would.......
PA and Monaco married returns Monaco to to before 1954.....

"I want this man 48 year wait to be worth it. " Well stated MyADIA!
__________________
  #67  
Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
lynda's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: RANDALLSTOWN, United States
Posts: 235
Ladies, Ladies, what is going on? Why do you have yourselves all in a tizzy about Prince Albert? All of this gossip is only speculation. How can anyone have strong conviction of someone when all you have is speculation and accusation? To be over involved in Albert’s personal business you need facts with merit. Stop getting all caught up in the hype.

A lot of women who post regarding Albert, have schoolgirl crushes and this is the reason for most of the controversy concerning PA’s dating habits. It seems as soon as PA shows affection to a new companion, here comes the drama. Why is this? To fuss and insult each other over pure speculation is foolish. PA is a Prince and probably no one will ever know what it is like to be a part of his world.

We are fans of Royal families and we come on this site to share information with each other, to meet interesting people all over the globe and maybe meet new friends. It is foolish to think otherwise because this site is about the Royal families and your favorite royal family member. Most of this is like a fairytale. It is not sensible for anyone to come on this site to bash, insult and be rude.

We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date. I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life.

I am surprised that so many people who post are influenced by the tabloids. Do you realize most of what is printed has no merit at all? It is all fabricated to boost sales. This is why they get sued so much. As far as the posted pictures, they are not accurate either. They are altered to support the bogus article written. Stop believing everything you read, hear and see in these tabloids. Do not depend on the rags to give you any type of accurate information. The writers of these stupid rags are just as baffled as some people who post here. They have no clue what is going on in PA’s life.

If PA decides to marry Charlene it is his personal business. If he does not, it is also his personal business.
__________________
  #68  
Old 04-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
You think she's not conucting herself the way a 'future-princess' should ? What do you (we) know about it ? Does anyone of you know what it is like.
People did all this with Albert's sister before ... you're doing the same with Charlene. .. just say that she's not good enough....People also thought that Grace would never be good enough....she was so much beyond it...Stephanie is so much beyond it....plus : these are just people..they will prove themselves when it comes to the point....
Couldn't agree more! The time will show how their relationship will turn out. There was always possibility of not having "another Grace Kelly" as PA's wife!
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
  #69  
Old 04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
Ladies, Ladies, what is going on? Why do you have yourselves all in a tizzy about Prince Albert? All of this gossip is only speculation. How can anyone have strong conviction of someone when all you have is speculation and accusation? To be over involved in Albert’s personal business you need facts with merit. Stop getting all caught up in the hype.

A lot of women who post regarding Albert, have schoolgirl crushes and this is the reason for most of the controversy concerning PA’s dating habits. It seems as soon as PA shows affection to a new companion, here comes the drama. Why is this? To fuss and insult each other over pure speculation is foolish. PA is a Prince and probably no one will ever know what it is like to be a part of his world.

We are fans of Royal families and we come on this site to share information with each other, to meet interesting people all over the globe and maybe meet new friends. It is foolish to think otherwise because this site is about the Royal families and your favorite royal family member. Most of this is like a fairytale. It is not sensible for anyone to come on this site to bash, insult and be rude.

We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date. I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life.

I am surprised that so many people who post are influenced by the tabloids. Do you realize most of what is printed has no merit at all? It is all fabricated to boost sales. This is why they get sued so much. As far as the posted pictures, they are not accurate either. They are altered to support the bogus article written. Stop believing everything you read, hear and see in these tabloids. Do not depend on the rags to give you any type of accurate information. The writers of these stupid rags are just as baffled as some people who post here. They have no clue what is going on in PA’s life.

If PA decides to marry Charlene it is his personal business. If he does not, it is also his personal business.
I think most of us ladies couldn't care less about PA's personal life really. But it's not a crime for those who care about the memory of PG and PR to express their opinion since Albert and his family live off that legacy. The fact is he likes the women he likes. A lot of people apparently including his own father thought his girlfriends were unsuitable and we've seen the tackiness of some of his women and the mother of his child. Everyone is perfectly within their right to express their opinion on that also. But I agree that it's his life so whatever. He is the one who has to face the consequences of his personal behavior. Among his peers he's actually the exception not the rule.
__________________
  #70  
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda

We are fans of Royal families and we come on this site to share information with each other, to meet interesting people all over the globe and maybe meet new friends. It is foolish to think otherwise because this site is about the Royal families and your favorite royal family member. Most of this is like a fairytale. It is not sensible for anyone to come on this site to bash, insult and be rude.
I am new to this royal forum thing, so please help me to understand. Are you saying if one does not like a particular behavior of a person they are not allowed to post it? Only supportive things of agreed upon person should be posted? Is this the standard? I find the behavior exhibited by Charlene Wittstock tacky. So, according to your standands, I am not allowed to say this. Please tell me, what are we allowed to post about Charlene Wittstock?


Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
We do not have the right to trash PA and his companion. It is not up to anyone to critique who he wishes to date.


Again, is this the standard - no one is allowed to critique Prince Albert and his companion? Did everyone agree to this standard for Nicole or perhaps Tamara. Why have a thread on Charlene, or Nicole, or Jazmin, or Albert's wife if you are not allowed to make critiques, whether positive, neutral, or negative. This forum will be really boring...and then it would not be a forum - a place of open ideas. Please tell me, what are we allowed to say about these individuals on this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
I can not understand why all of this craziness has emerged and why so much obsession with PA’s personal life....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
If PA decides to marry Charlene it is his personal business. If he does not, it is also his personal business.
What craziness? What obsession? Isn't everything single post in every single thread in every single forum in The Royal Forums about some royal person's personal life? Why come here if you are not interested in some person's personal life? Isn't everyone here for the same reason?

Why does this type of backlash only come up for Charlene? There are some of all type of people in these forums. Please do not be quick to judge our characters; you have no idea who people are. There are some of us who do place a high value on an education. And, there are some of us who do place a value on public decorum. If you do not, that's ok.
__________________
  #71  
Old 04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
WindsorIII's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 406
I am new to these forums and let me just say that members of my family who visit from all over the world, UK, Australia and even France/Monaco love to catch up on the posts of the RF. Monaco especially is like an episode of Dynasty or Dallas (smile)
__________________
  #72  
Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nowhere, United States
Posts: 173
Welcome to the forums Windsor III. We do have fun.
__________________
  #73  
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Quote:
I am new to this royal forum thing, so please help me to understand. Are you saying if one does not like a particular behavior of a person they are not allowed to post it? Only supportive things of agreed upon person should be posted? Is this the standard?



No. Criticism is fine. Insults and trashing are not. We assume (at least, we hope) that our posters are mature enough to know the difference.
__________________
  #74  
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
I am still hoping for the rabbit out of the hat. I want this man's 48-year wait to be worth it!
moi aussi, i wouldnt criticalize the women if she act with some common sense.

Quote:
from USA it would be broadcast worlwide and help Monaco tourism more than Charlene would.......
PA and Monaco married returns Monaco to to before 1954.....
ditto, or his wife would have to be someone very important in american culture before it would be broadcast worldwide, or at least here in america.
and she dosent have that princess diana look and imo she acts immature. that is going by her behavior in front of the camera.
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #75  
Old 04-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
I don't know if the image of Charlene really matters. Albert has shown no interest in getting married. It's doubtful she will be Pss of MC. He likes his life the way it is, without strings attached. I don't think it matters who he marries or if he gets married at all. PR and PG are gone and so many have moved on.
__________________
  #76  
Old 04-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Technically the only thing Charlene would be required to do as Pss of MC is provide a couple of male heirs. She doesn't need to be smart, classy or whatever. I admit the fact that everytime she has contact with Albert she runs to the press but Albert knows this and is still involved with her. Having said that I don't think he really will or wants to get married and I think the longer he waits the more people will be expecting superwoman: unnaturally beautiful, i.e., Charlize Theron, smart, a Harvard graduate, able to speak several languages, etc., and who is still in her child bearing years. Charlene is not that person and he's unlikely to find a woman like that and they're not his type anyway. I'm not making a judgement but because he has waited so long, those are the public expectations.
__________________
  #77  
Old 04-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
unnaturally beautiful, i.e., Charlize Theron, smart, a Harvard graduate, able to speak several languages, etc., and who is still in her child bearing years. Charlene is not that person and he's unlikely to find a woman like that and they're not his type anyway
i think that those type of women might not be his type,imho, but they do exist. but it would be nice if he had that type of women. just think she would be world famous and would set clothing styles and all that sort of stuff. (yes i am looking at this with rose color glasses)
maybe she could keep him home unstead of him running all over the world.
so who knows if he will marry charlene or not, he is the one that has to live with her and vice versa
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #78  
Old 04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i think that those type of women might not be his type,imho, but they do exist. but it would be nice if he had that type of women. just think she would be world famous and would set clothing styles and all that sort of stuff. (yes i am looking at this with rose color glasses)
maybe she could keep him home unstead of him running all over the world.
so who knows if he will marry charlene or not, he is the one that has to live with her and vice versa
I found this in an old L'express article online (it's from 2002) and this is allegedly what PA is looking for. I don't know if it describes Charlene or not but I don't think you have rose colored glasses on. :) I'll translate below for those who don't speak French. (For native speakers, I apologize if I made a mess of your beautiful language.)

Le prince Albert lui-même a une conception assez idéaliste, un rien puérile, de la future princesse souveraine. Il l'imagine belle, intelligente, avec une forte personnalité et un grand sens de l'humour. Ajoutons célèbre, et l'on a le portrait de sa mère. «C'est justement parce que, inévitablement et bêtement, la comparaison sera faite qu'elle aura à faire preuve de beaucoup d'humour afin de ne pas en prendre ombrage», a-t-il dit. Comme ce fut le cas pour Grace et Rainier, il souhaite former avec son épouse une véritable «équipe», ce qui implique que chacun aura un rôle différent et complémentaire.

"Prince Albert himself has a rather idealistic, but not childish, image of the future sovereign princess. He pictures her beautiful, intelligent, with a strong personality and a great sense of humor. Add famous and it's the image of his mother. 'Inevitably and stupidly, a comparison will be made and she will have to have a good sense of humor not to take offense,' he said. As was the case for Grace and Rainier, he hopes to be a true "team" with his wife, which implies that each will have a different and complimentary role."

Like Albert, I want what my parents had...they were a team too...and even though my father has been gone for over 20 years, my mother is completely lost without him. I don't have the pressure to live up to someone like Grace but I will admit, my mother has taken a strong dislike to anyone I've dated, no matter what he does, he's not good enough. And believe me, they know it and walk. It wreaks havoc on you whether or not you want to admit it or and you end up doing one of two things: (1) not bothering to look at all (which is what I've done); or (2) pick people who really are not up to a certain standard and live with the consequences so that later on, you feel somewhat robbed of what you could have had/deserved (what my sister did). Now that I'm through playing pop psychologist... JMO.


__________________
  #79  
Old 04-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nowhere, United States
Posts: 173
It seems that every web site says that Albert is going to South Africia and visit Charlene after his return from the North Pole. But is it written anywhere officially? Does Albert have a published agenda out there or is this just a rumor?

Also, does anyone have a rough guess as to how long Albert stays with a girl? I understand with NC it was about 5 years, but he was seeing others at the same time. Didn't he propose to Alicia (the other swimmer) during this same time frame? Over Christmas wasn't he also seeing Miss Germany? I think I saw a photo of them out and about.

I have to admit I'm still trying to catch up with his comings and goings. This has been one busy little boy.
__________________
  #80  
Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: parkforest, United States
Posts: 93
None of this women came at the right time,Charlene happen to be. I truely now believe that He will marry her It in her eyes as if she knows something. on the boat she walk with great confident with PA walking right behind her.I don"t like her but what do I know. is up to the people of monaca.I am sure He been dating her long before Turino.Just no one knows about it, just us he date NC and it was a surprise for royal watchers.I don't believe her Grand ma will make up something like that on her.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Liliane of Belgium (2nd wife of King Leopold III) Bianca Belgian Royal History 128 02-27-2013 05:20 AM
Princess Stephanie Current Events 2 : Nov.2003 - Feb.2005 monaco70s Current Events Archive 106 02-11-2005 12:29 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 1: November 2002-June 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 300 06-12-2004 08:13 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]