Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm found of her. She's one of my favourite princess. She's got her own style, of course she has a lot of money so it can help for a lot of things but according to me, I'm totally ok with you Carminha Stalker. She seems to be a "good person".

I like her too. She seems smart, hard working when she doesn't have to, and looks to me loves her husband very much.

To my (limited) knowledge CP Marie-Chantal has always behaved like a "lady" at all times, no negative media coverage (which is something of a rarity with a lot of the Royals), seems to have a good marriage, 4 well behavied children, her own business, and gets along with other Royal Families. Hats off to her, now she is having #5 baby.

I so agree!:flowers:

I like her too. She seems smart, hard working when she doesn't have to, and looks to me loves her husband very much.

I agree with you, Denice. Despite some of the negative press reports about her family (esp. her mother), Marie-Chantal always seems like a smart woman and devoted mother and wife. There is something about her that makes her seem like a good person.

It always makes me wonder about the responses about her. MC loves publicity she always relishes her role as a royal and is willing to sit with reporters talk about her life, the way she sees it, open her houses ,discuss her decoration, shopping and of course always look impeccable and very well groomed. According to her she is smart (If Disney World did not exist she would have created it) she is hard working (She opened her clothing stores and after they were a success she approached her father), she is a perfect mother (Does anyone rememebr the picture with MO sitting next to the stove, stirring that pot?). Based on what I have seen so far she is a rich woman who married well and has an obedient husband and 5 children to prove she is a success.
The rest is speculation by those who believe she is the "perfect princess"

It seems to me that many on this thread don´t think she is the perfect princess, she may not be but she certainly looks as though she is. To paraphrase from "Fiddler on the Roof" it is not shameful to be poor but it is no honour, well it is certainly not shameful to be very rich and to be able to afford the luxuries of life, when she married Prince Pavlos she brought with her a very large dowry. They look blissfully happy together, they have 5 children, all beautiful. She is one of the few VIPs who can afford to wear couture and she wears it beautifully. She didn´t learn Greek, she has sent her children to learn it. The Greek people have said quite clearly they don´t want a King and so it is a remote possibility that she will ever have to speak Greek to a public gathering. She is such an intelligent young woman that if the need does arise I have no doubt she will learn Greek and well. YES I do like her, as much as anyone can like someone one doesn´t know personally. May she and Prince Pavlos and their lovely children continue to be as happy as they appear to be now.

It always makes me wonder about the responses about her.
Daddy has been paying his daughters' way since they were born. I'm not saying it's wrong to take $$$ you've inherited or been given and turn around and create a successful business. I actually commend MC for doing just that. But to act as though she somehow came up with the large amount of necessary funds to open her shops (in very high-end locales, no less) w/out any help from Daddy is wrong. Does anyone really think if she were Jane Average going it on her own that she'd have the shops she has in the places they are? Come on . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
It always makes me wonder about the responses about her.
She is a Princess not only of Greece but of denmark right?!!

Also,what makes you think she isnt a smart lady?!! She cant help it if her dad made something for her & her family,no one can say that she is a perfect princess,i am sure she is a human who have their faults in them just like any of us!!!

For starters she is not a princess of Greece or of Danemark She has been fashioned HRH Princess Pavlos of Greece and will remain so as long as she is married to him.
I never said or thought that she is not smart. I believe she is full of herself, arrogant, bossy and I base all these assumptions on interviews she so freely gives to any periodical who will sit down with her. Daddy made money for everyone and it is admirable since he is a self made man and in the span of 45 years he went from penniless to billionaire. It takes brains to do that, no doubt. Perfect princess? I think not. Like you said (NAD25) she is human. She has been a socialite along with her sisters, married well and dresses in the latest fashions. Her personal accomplishments are at best average.

I guess everyone sees things differently i think that she looks like more down to earth than what your saying,to me she doesnt seem like what your describing her but like i said thats your opinion!;):rolleyes:

Pre-Pavlos, MC was a real clubber and this may have continued a little bit pre-baby #1 after the wedding in New York City where they lived.
I have always thought that the GRF was glad to get both Pavlos and MC out of New York City and over to London to get them away from a very Euro-trashy sort of crowd they liked to hang out with. MC and her shopping sprees and fashion shows with her sisters and socialite friends just didn't present a very "princessy" picture to the world.
In London, MC leads a much more sedate life.

Who can ever forget her photo dancing on the table top with the fish net stockings? She came a long way since then. Pavlos accompanies her to the fashion shows although they have been keeping an extremely low key existence in the last few months.

"Fish net stockings"??Oh,my God,where have I been?

That is soooo enlightening!!I never knew all those details,but I could see how different the 2 families are.So,it was a marriage of convenience.I remember Pavlos stating that he fell in love with her the moment he saw her.But,maybe that's what everyone told him to say...really sad!

Aleko Papamarkou arranged for them to meet at the New Orleans birthday party of Niarchos. They both knew it was a set up. According to her she borrowed a Chanel suit from her mother and looked like "a million bucks"???
Pavlos knew ahead of time of who she was and what the arrangement was. He says he fell in love as soon as he set eyes on her. She said he introduced himself as "Pavlos of Greece" and since then she never danced with another boy.......:whistling:...It is possible that they both very convenietly had a coup de foudre.......

"Proxenio",then...:D
And they all lived happily ever after...

Sure!!!!!!!! I was reading on another post the Daily Telegaph article about fashion by the school yard and kept thinking I have to say something positive and nice...LOL
A pair of blue jeans an oversized sweater a $7,500 handbag and a pair of flats......never looked so chic......

Oh,come on...try harder...:ROFLMAO:
If it wasn't for her style,we would never say anything positive about her...think about it,fili mou!:lol:

Oh,come on...try harder...:ROFLMAO:
If it wasn't for her style,we would never say anything positive about her...think about it,fili mou!:lol:

Truth be told, I do not like anything about her. BUT her sense of style is something no one can take away from her.
She is heads and shoulders above all the rest. If one wants to see what the rest will wear in 2 seasons all they have to do is look at MC today.
She was the first to wear the dress with the frills/layers, the first to wear the bouffant short sleeves, the snug blazer, the tiger skin looking shoes, pashminas etc. No doubt about it. The lady has a sense of style and access to haute couture that sets her apart from all the rest.
I believe brooding Rosario of Bulgaria could come second, way ahead of the CP's in line to a throne.:ohmy:

Absolutely!I can't wait to see what she is going to wear in Aris' christening.And by the way,does anyone know where it's going to take place?Will it be Greece this time?:ermm:

No clue. Actually I do not believe there were even any photos of the baby published. As you know most baptisms are being held in the spring/ summer months so they may wait till next year.

That's what I thought from the beginning,Odette!We might have to wait until June/July for the baptism.There is no need to rush,anyway.
I would suggest a greek island,like Patmos or Tinos,or Saint George in Constantinople...how is that?:angel:

I knew she was fond of the NY club scene in the 1990s, but I have never seen the photo of her dancing on the table in fish-net stockings. Does anyone have a link to this photo? I'm sure it is amusing.:flowers:

I knew she was fond of the NY club scene in the 1990s, but I have never seen the photo of her dancing on the table in fish-net stockings. Does anyone have a link to this photo? I'm sure it is amusing.:flowers:

Oh if you can go and check on old W mag photos pre Pavlos of course....It was, I think a birthday party for one of the three sisters.

What do I think of MC?Nothing special,she just happens to be so chic...and elegant...and rich...and LUCKY!I have nothing else to add.

I very much doubt that photo would have remained on any of their official websites. It was in a W magazine. The photo was taken before the engagement, during some birthday bash for one of the sisters. Usually they had more than one party to celebrate.

I have seen the photo, but it was a long time ago. As I recall, the theme of the party was the 1960's with the women wearing mini-skirts, etc.
Marie Chantal had long PERMED hair - it was not attractive.

Oh thank you. I feel so much better now. I am glad you saw it. She used to be a brunette too......:whistling:

Both Alexandra and MC are natural brunettes. Pia was fairer in her youth but her hair darkened - like most people's do - as she got older. Both parents are brunette so it only makes sense, tho I believe Robt. Miller was fairer haired when he was younger too. Alexandra is the copy of her mother - the S. American blood is very prounounced in her.

It is interesting that MC is a natural brunette. Her sons are all very blonde. Was she born blonde, and then darkened, or was Pavlos blonde as a child?

Back
Top Bottom