HSH Prince Rainier has died!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has people gone to place flowers at the palace in the morning or something like that

My deepest condolences for the royal family and a special thought for Stephanie: she must be REALLY REALLY SAD. Rainier was the only man of her life.

my condolences to the prince. how sad it must be to the whole family. but at least he can now be with princess grace in heaven. hope it would not be too hard for caroline and stephanie, and the grand childrens. may he rest in peace.

This is so sad :( My thoughts are with Rainier´s family and Monaco´s ppl, who have lost a leader, who has done so much for them.

That is so sad...:(

All my condolences to HSH' family.

My consolation could reside in the fact he is now reunited with the most beautiful princess of all times- Princess Grace , so well named.

God bless his soul and his family. May he rest in peace.

Louis Henri Maxena Bertrand Rainier III. (31st May 1923- 6 April 2005)
Sovereign of Monaco 1949 - 2005

Photogallery of CBS NEWS in remembrance of this great prince who brought the lttle principality of Monaco in the spotlight of the world!

1)Prince Rainier III and actress Princess Grace Kelly wave from the palace terrace at Monaco on April 18, 1956. The couple is hosting a garden party for the people of Monaco on the palace grounds after being married in a civil ceremony at the palace a few hours earlier.

2)Princess Grace Kelly waves to cheering crowds lining the road as she rides in an open car with Prince Rainier III following their marriage in a religious wedding ceremony in the Monaco Cathedral April 19, 1956.

3)Newlyweds Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly leave for the Royal Palace in an open car following their marriage in the solemn rites of the Roman Catholic Church in Monaco Cathedral April 19, 1956.

4)Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III of Monaco are seen during their visit at the Atlantic City (N.J.) racetrack on Sept. 16, 1956.

5) Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco walk in the loge of Vatican Palace on their way to the Vatican apartments for an audience with Pope Pius XII in the Throne Hall, April 30, 1957. They are accompanied by papal chamberlain Msgr. Federico Callori di Vignale, left, and a Swiss Guard, right background

6)Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco walk in St. Peter's Square as they leave the Vatican Palace after a private audience with Pope Pius XII in Vatican City, June 18, 1959. They are accompanied by Msgr. Federico Callori di Vignale, left, head of the pontiff's personal staff, and Msgr. Mario Nasalli Rocca di Cornegliano, papal chamberlain.

7)Pictured at the Frank Sinatra Gala at the Sporting Club in Monaco June 9, 1962 ,are, left to right, Prince Rainier III of Monaco; Sinatra; Princess Grace, an old film friend of the singer; and newlywed Princess Sophia of Greece and Don Juan Carlos of Spain. In background are Prince Rainier's sister, Princess Antoinette, and her husband, Jean Charles Rey.

8)Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Princess Grace, holding Princess Stephanie, pose with their children on the palace steps in Monaco in April 1966. At left, foreground is Prince Albert, the second oldest, and at center is Princess Caroline. The Prince and Princess of Monaco will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on April 18.

9)After receiving the winner's cup of the 34th Grand Prix from Princess Grace and Prince Rainier, Austrian driver Niki Lauda puts it on the floor to listen to the national anthem, May 30, 1976.

10)Prince Ranier weeps as he follows the casket of Princes Grace in a funeral procession to Monaco's cathedral before the princess' burial Sept. 18, 1982. Flanking Rainer are daughter Caroline and son Albert. Behind them are Princess Grace's sister Peggy Conlan. Behind Caroline, is Princess Grace's brother John Kelly Jr.

Text and pictures from CBS news: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/01/world/main684524.shtml

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 363
I don’t know much about the principality but I’ve always admired Prince Rainier he always came across as a regal but approachable…I guess attention will now be focused on Albert and whether or not he can carry his fathers legacy!

I just have to say this (I nearly went to bed but I have to post this): Prince Raineir was not a great world player, that's true. He wasn't a great conquerer or a great lawgiver or a semi-divine emperor or anything like that, but he changed Monaco and he left his people changed for the better. He gave them prosperity and vibrancy and a revitalized Monaco that the whole world could admire. To me, that's the mark of a great monarch. Aside from these accomplishments, he was a great man. His children, his wife, his grandchildren, it was evident he loved them all deeply and they him. I can only hope that he's at peace now, and I had to express my admiration for him before I could fall asleep or do anything else. Yes, I know, it's totally not me, but I had to do it nonetheless. God bless Prince Rainier.

Louis Henri Maxena Bertrand Rainier III. (31st May 1923- 6 April 2005)
Sovereign of Monaco 1949 - 2005

Photogallery of CBS NEWS in remembrance of this great prince who brought the lttle principality of Monaco in the spotlight of the world!

11)Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, right, speaks with Cuban President Fidel Castro, center, as Monaco's Prince Rainier looks on at left, as they attend the funeral Mass for former President Francois Mitterrand at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Thursday Jan. 11, 1996. Kings, princes and presidents descended on Paris for a somber, stately farewell to Mitterrand, the man who led France longer than anyone else this century.

12)Prince Rainier III of Monaco smiles to his daughters Princesses Stephanie, center, and Caroline, right, as he arrives at the Monte Carlo sporting club to attend the traditional Red Cross charity ball Friday Aug. 8, 1997, as Monaco principality celebrates the 7OOth anniversary of the Grimaldi family's reign.

13)From left, Princess Stephanie, Prince Rainier's sister Princess Antoinette, Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and his wife Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Prince Rainier attend a mass Sunday, May 9, 1999, in the Monaco Cathedral, during festivites marking Prince Rainier's Jubilee anniversary of his reign.

14)Prince Albert of Monaco, second from left, chats with his father Prince Rainier, right, while his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover and her husband Prince Ernst August of Hanover, left, look on during Monaco National day ceremonies at the Monaco palace, Sunday, Nov. 19, 2000.

15)Prince Rainier of Monaco, center, with his daughters Princess Stephanie of Monaco, left, and Princess Caroline of Hanover, arrive at the "Bal de la Rose", Saturday, March 22, 2003, in Monaco.

16)Prince Rainier of Monaco waves to the crowd during the Monaco National Day parade at the Monaco Palace, Nov.19, 2003.

17)Prince Rainier of Monaco, center, is applauded by Princess Stephanie of Monaco, right, and Prince Albert of Monaco, left, at the opening ceremony of the 29th Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival in Monaco, Jan. 20, 2005.

Text and pictures from:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/01/world/main684524.shtml

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 435
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 417
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 349
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 383
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 332
Monseigneur, que Dieu Vous accueille dans la lumière de Sa demeure.

I'm really upset by Prince Rainier's death . What a sad month ... All my thoughts are for his family,especially for Princess Stéphanie, she had a so strong relationship with her father ... Very, very sad .

My deepest sympathy to his children and also grandchildren.This poor family have had a lot of sad times, at least he is now with his beloved Grace. May he rest in peace.

What a sad news, although we were expecting it ! Deepest simpathy to the whole family ! Ihope that the siblings will remain particularly close as their father would have loved, especially Caroline and Stéphanie !

What a sad moment for the grimaldi's family ! I present to them all my condolences and all my prayers accompany the grimaldi for they find serenity after this horrible moment.

I think to Princess Stephanie which the sadness was unbearable !

While I am greatly saddened by the news of Prince Rainier's death, I would like to find solace in the thought that he has been reunited with Princess Grace, whom he has longed to be with. I feel relief knowing that He is no longer suffering in pain.

My condolences to Prince Albert, Princess Caroline, and Princess Stephanie and their families, and to the people of Monaco.

What a sad week it has been. My deepest sympathies to the Prince's family and the people of Monaco.

I just woke up and saw it on the news. My thoughts go out to his family and country.

Goodbye Rainier!

It's so sad...

We all knew that chances were fading the last days,
but now as the day has come, we all feel deep sorrow
for Rainier and his family. May this wonderful man rest
in peace and may our prayers help the family, we adore
so much, to find new strength and optimism in these dark
hours.
We’ll never forget Rainier and it’s good to have
a forum to keep memories alive!

Attachments

• candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 201
  • candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 196
  • rainier.jpg
    rainier.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 400
My heart goes out to the late Prince and his family. May God grant Albert mercy, kindness, wisdom, and knowledge to rule Monaco successfully.

that´s is really sad,sad,sad:( :( :(
God bless him and all his family, my condelences are with them, as another mermers said specially for Steph.
May he rest in peace.

Sad news. Condolences to his family and all the people of Monaco. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the people of Monaco. Long may live Prince Albert.

I just read that the funeral will be the 15th of April.

I'm very devastated and saddened by the news. I was having breakfast this morning when I heard on TV and couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I would like to express my condolences to the Princely family. May God Bless Prince Rainier and his family. He, like Grace leaves a huge gap in Monaco and in our hearts.

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
I hope Ranier is happily reunited with his beloved Grace. My condolences to the family.

Sad news indeed. My sincere condolences to the Monegasque people and the Princely family who have lost a leader and a father.

Even though I knew he was very sick for a long time. I'm still very sadden to hear that Rainier has past away. I'm glad that he is at peace and is not suffering anymore. I also hope that he has been reunited with Grace in the after life. My condolences are with his family members left behind. I also hope Albert, Caroline, Stephanie and their offspring will be able to keep the Monaco legacy alive. I'm not a real fan of royalty, but I have a fondness for the Grimaldi clan and just wish them the best during this sad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom