The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I'm so sorry for him, I liked him very much.
May this great Prince and Father rest in peace next to God, is all I ask.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Courtier

My profound sympathy and condolence to the Royal Family of Monaco and to all the people who have loved Prince Rainier throughout his life here on Earth. He would surely be remembered not just as a great monarch but also a loving and patient husband and father to his children and to MOnaco.

May he rest in peace.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Courtier

My condolences to the royal family and to the people of Monaco. This is terrible month, so far...
Old 04-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Nobility

My deepest condolences to the whole family and the whole principality.:(

May he rest in peace!:(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20030508_fuerst_rainier_bal.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	121344   Click image for larger version

Name:	62725-high.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	121345   Click image for larger version

Name:	1375407.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	121346   Click image for larger version

Name:	dopprain.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	121347  

Old 04-06-2005, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

It has really made me sad when i heard it. My condoleances to the royal family.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

What a very sad week it's been, with the Pope's death followed so closely by the Prince's.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Courtier

here are news clips on the death of Prince Rainier of Monaco:

Obituary: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/628714.stm
Hellomagazine: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princerainier/
CNN : http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ory/index.html
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/inte...r=MOREOVERNEWS
Guardian Unlimited: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/s...916799,00.html
Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=8098094
CBS News: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in684524.shtml
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 04-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Gentry

Unhappy

:( Great man.......
Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Royal Highness

Just heard on radio... I can't beleive it!:(

My deepest condolences to the family and people of Monaco.:(
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Adieu 'Papa Rainier'

Tu sera toujours dans mon coeur....

Repose - toi bien.....

My deepest love is with the family
Old 04-06-2005, 04:59 AM
Majesty

has people gone to place flowers at the palace in the morning or something like that
Old 04-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

My deepest condolences for the royal family and a special thought for Stephanie: she must be REALLY REALLY SAD. Rainier was the only man of her life.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Nobility

my condolences to the prince. how sad it must be to the whole family. but at least he can now be with princess grace in heaven. hope it would not be too hard for caroline and stephanie, and the grand childrens. may he rest in peace.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

This is so sad :( My thoughts are with Rainier´s family and Monaco´s ppl, who have lost a leader, who has done so much for them.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Courtier

That is so sad...:(

All my condolences to HSH' family.

My consolation could reside in the fact he is now reunited with the most beautiful princess of all times- Princess Grace , so well named.

God bless his soul and his family. May he rest in peace.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 AM
Nobility

Louis Henri Maxena Bertrand Rainier III. (31st May 1923- 6 April 2005)
Sovereign of Monaco 1949 - 2005

Photogallery of CBS NEWS in remembrance of this great prince who brought the lttle principality of Monaco in the spotlight of the world!

1)Prince Rainier III and actress Princess Grace Kelly wave from the palace terrace at Monaco on April 18, 1956. The couple is hosting a garden party for the people of Monaco on the palace grounds after being married in a civil ceremony at the palace a few hours earlier.

2)Princess Grace Kelly waves to cheering crowds lining the road as she rides in an open car with Prince Rainier III following their marriage in a religious wedding ceremony in the Monaco Cathedral April 19, 1956.

3)Newlyweds Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly leave for the Royal Palace in an open car following their marriage in the solemn rites of the Roman Catholic Church in Monaco Cathedral April 19, 1956.

4)Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III of Monaco are seen during their visit at the Atlantic City (N.J.) racetrack on Sept. 16, 1956.

5) Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco walk in the loge of Vatican Palace on their way to the Vatican apartments for an audience with Pope Pius XII in the Throne Hall, April 30, 1957. They are accompanied by papal chamberlain Msgr. Federico Callori di Vignale, left, and a Swiss Guard, right background

6)Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco walk in St. Peter's Square as they leave the Vatican Palace after a private audience with Pope Pius XII in Vatican City, June 18, 1959. They are accompanied by Msgr. Federico Callori di Vignale, left, head of the pontiff's personal staff, and Msgr. Mario Nasalli Rocca di Cornegliano, papal chamberlain.

7)Pictured at the Frank Sinatra Gala at the Sporting Club in Monaco June 9, 1962 ,are, left to right, Prince Rainier III of Monaco; Sinatra; Princess Grace, an old film friend of the singer; and newlywed Princess Sophia of Greece and Don Juan Carlos of Spain. In background are Prince Rainier's sister, Princess Antoinette, and her husband, Jean Charles Rey.

8)Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Princess Grace, holding Princess Stephanie, pose with their children on the palace steps in Monaco in April 1966. At left, foreground is Prince Albert, the second oldest, and at center is Princess Caroline. The Prince and Princess of Monaco will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on April 18.

9)After receiving the winner's cup of the 34th Grand Prix from Princess Grace and Prince Rainier, Austrian driver Niki Lauda puts it on the floor to listen to the national anthem, May 30, 1976.

10)Prince Ranier weeps as he follows the casket of Princes Grace in a funeral procession to Monaco's cathedral before the princess' burial Sept. 18, 1982. Flanking Rainer are daughter Caroline and son Albert. Behind them are Princess Grace's sister Peggy Conlan. Behind Caroline, is Princess Grace's brother John Kelly Jr.

Text and pictures from CBS news: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in684524.shtml
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	121371   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	121372   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	121373   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	121374  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	121375   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	121376   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	121377   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	121378  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	121379   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	121380  
Old 04-06-2005, 05:17 AM
Commoner

I don’t know much about the principality but I’ve always admired Prince Rainier he always came across as a regal but approachable…I guess attention will now be focused on Albert and whether or not he can carry his fathers legacy!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:17 AM
Nobility

I just have to say this (I nearly went to bed but I have to post this): Prince Raineir was not a great world player, that's true. He wasn't a great conquerer or a great lawgiver or a semi-divine emperor or anything like that, but he changed Monaco and he left his people changed for the better. He gave them prosperity and vibrancy and a revitalized Monaco that the whole world could admire. To me, that's the mark of a great monarch. Aside from these accomplishments, he was a great man. His children, his wife, his grandchildren, it was evident he loved them all deeply and they him. I can only hope that he's at peace now, and I had to express my admiration for him before I could fall asleep or do anything else. Yes, I know, it's totally not me, but I had to do it nonetheless. God bless Prince Rainier.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Nobility

Louis Henri Maxena Bertrand Rainier III. (31st May 1923- 6 April 2005)
Sovereign of Monaco 1949 - 2005

Photogallery of CBS NEWS in remembrance of this great prince who brought the lttle principality of Monaco in the spotlight of the world!

11)Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, right, speaks with Cuban President Fidel Castro, center, as Monaco's Prince Rainier looks on at left, as they attend the funeral Mass for former President Francois Mitterrand at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Thursday Jan. 11, 1996. Kings, princes and presidents descended on Paris for a somber, stately farewell to Mitterrand, the man who led France longer than anyone else this century.

12)Prince Rainier III of Monaco smiles to his daughters Princesses Stephanie, center, and Caroline, right, as he arrives at the Monte Carlo sporting club to attend the traditional Red Cross charity ball Friday Aug. 8, 1997, as Monaco principality celebrates the 7OOth anniversary of the Grimaldi family's reign.

13)From left, Princess Stephanie, Prince Rainier's sister Princess Antoinette, Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and his wife Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Prince Rainier attend a mass Sunday, May 9, 1999, in the Monaco Cathedral, during festivites marking Prince Rainier's Jubilee anniversary of his reign.

14)Prince Albert of Monaco, second from left, chats with his father Prince Rainier, right, while his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover and her husband Prince Ernst August of Hanover, left, look on during Monaco National day ceremonies at the Monaco palace, Sunday, Nov. 19, 2000.

15)Prince Rainier of Monaco, center, with his daughters Princess Stephanie of Monaco, left, and Princess Caroline of Hanover, arrive at the "Bal de la Rose", Saturday, March 22, 2003, in Monaco.

16)Prince Rainier of Monaco waves to the crowd during the Monaco National Day parade at the Monaco Palace, Nov.19, 2003.

17)Prince Rainier of Monaco, center, is applauded by Princess Stephanie of Monaco, right, and Prince Albert of Monaco, left, at the opening ceremony of the 29th Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival in Monaco, Jan. 20, 2005.

Text and pictures from:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in684524.shtml
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	121391   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	121392   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg