Will Charles Ever Reign?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon, the English monarch simply cannot "represent" all faiths. This is not possible. I am quite happy with the way things are now. If I am a Roman Catholic, I can still be a loyal subject of the Queen (or Charles later) even though Pope Benedict is the head of my church, not the Queen.

The bottom line is that the Queen is not a religious leader.

Because the monarch professes a particular faith doesn't mean that she necessarily has to say that she believes in all others, attends their ceremonies etc. Again, impossible. But that doesn't say other faiths are dismissed as if they don't count. They are respectfully acknowledged and attempts are made to build bridges so that those of all faiths can live harmoniously together and accept the different belief systems we have. This is happening now, though it is a new and gradual process.

The Queen is Defender of the Faith at the moment because we have an Established Church. Seems to me that as long as we continue to have an Established Church, that makes the monarch Defender of the Faith regardless of how many faiths he might have sympathy with. If there's no Established Church, he has no business calling himself Defender of anything to do with religious faith.

Hmm, well I agree with most of you (who've replied recently) somehow or the other I have a feeling, though, that Charles probably wants that title because he doesn't want to be perceived by the public as someone who only represents the interests of a particular group of the nation. The reality probably is that there are probably some who feel this way & maybe Charles knows about that and even if people don't feel that way now, there's always the possibility of that happening in the future - maybe he just wants to "get with the times" a bit more.

To the person who said "The bottom line is that the Queen is not a religious leader." the last time I checked, the Queen was the head of the Church of England, which, for all intents and purposes, could be taken to mean she is the religious leader whom all branches/members of that church answer to (theoretically speaking of course).

That does complicate things I guess because the title "defender of the faith" refers to the head of the Church of England and to change it, is ... well ... lets just say that the Head of the Church of England can't suddenly become the head of all religious faiths ... that's why I say Charles probably just wants people to know he represents them regardless of what religion they belong to.

Kat said:
the last time I checked, the Queen was the head of the Church of England, which, for all intents and purposes, could be taken to mean she is the religious leader whom all branches/members of that church answer to (theoretically speaking of course).

Supreme Governor, actually, not head. And certainly not religious leader, more a secular position. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the religious head, he is:
"Primate of All England
The Archbishop has this title in recognition of his lead ecclesiastical role in England. ... He is regarded as the nation’s senior Christian and spiritual voice." Archbishop of Canterbury | Roles of the archbishop

I dont know if we´ll see a crown on his head. I feel pity for him. he will have a short time as king, compared to his mother, and he will be the one between a great queen and the son of people´s princess. And if he doesnt become king he will be the Prince that all is life waited.

I think William will want to carve out his own image as a young man and as King one day rather than be a reflection of his parents. Elizabeth II was a devoted daughter to George VI and Queen Elizabeth but I doubt if at 80 she wants to be known as Bertie's and Elizabeth's little girl.

avrilo said:
I dont know if we´ll see a crown on his head. I feel pity for him. he will have a short time as king, compared to his mother, and he will be the one between a great queen and the son of people´s princess. And if he doesnt become king he will be the Prince that all is life waited.
As we all know the peoples princess title was invented by Alistair Campbell for Tony Blair and whilst it may have stuck in some peoples minds, I would hope that most people have realised William was not the result of an immaculate conception!
It is worth remembering that even if Charles is only King for a short time, the impact he has already made as the Prince of Wales, added to that, will be appreciated by some and not by others.
IMO, even if he only reigns for 10 years, it will be a memorable reign!

Skydragon said:
As we all know the peoples princess title was invented by Alistair Campbell for Tony Blair and whilst it may have stuck in some peoples minds, I would hope that most people have realised William was not the result of an immaculate conception!
It is worth remembering that even if Charles is only King for a short time, the impact he has already made as the Prince of Wales, added to that, will be appreciated by some and not by others.
IMO, even if he only reigns for 10 years, it will be a memorable reign!

Well yes that is a possibility but also HM might out live her son. And William could become King after the Queen. I think willam's reign along with his grandmother's will be more memorable.:)

sirhon11234 said:
Well yes that is a possibility but also HM might out live her son. And William could become King after the Queen. I think willam's reign along with his grandmother's will be more memorable.:)

It may be YOUR dream sirhon, but i´m sure that this will not happen.
The next King will be Charles, and he will be a great one!

sirhon11234 said:
She might even outlive William, he could be kidnapped etc. :rolleyes: No matter how much you dream of Charles missing out, as it stands Charles will be the next King, with his rightful wife Camilla, by his side! :lol:

I do hope Charles will reign and Camilla become a Queen Consort. not a princess consort!

Last edited by a moderator:
milla Ca said:
It may be YOUR dream sirhon, but i´m sure that this will not happen.
The next King will be Charles, and he will be a great one!

Well that is Your opinion we can't tell the future. And it's not my dream to see Charles predecease his mother Milla Ca, I was only stating a possibility.

Will Charles ever reign? Only time will tell for sure, but IMO I am pretty sure he will. He is in good health and would make a great king one day.

ZandraRae said:
Will Charles ever reign? Only time will tell for sure, but IMO I am pretty sure he will. He is in good health and would make a great king one day.

I think so, too. There's a lot of people that don't care for him and others won't let him move on after Diana because they won't let Diana rest. She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other. There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway. Let him reign and let his life have relevance next to his love of his life. That's my say on it.:neutral:

HRH Kimetha said:
She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other.

Diana has become a bore to you? perculiar comment considering she has been deceased for 10 years.

Perhaps it's more the attempts to project a saintly (or whatever) image of this lady, rather than Diana herself which has you somewhat miffed? That I can understand.

Yes, Charles and Camilla are wonderful for one another. It's really great to see! There's no doubt Charles shall reign and rightly so. The 'alternative' is ludicrous and without foundation imo.

There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway

I can assure you that the British monarch is so much more than just a 'symbol'. That is largely an incorrect observation (with all due respect).

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
I think so, too. There's a lot of people that don't care for him and others won't let him move on after Diana because they won't let Diana rest. She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other. There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway. Let him reign and let his life have relevance next to his love of his life. That's my say on it.:neutral:

I second your view concerning Diana. IMHO she really believed that fate has given her the position as The Princess of Wales because it was her mission to change things. Thus she behaved accordingly instead of seeing herself as a supporter of the monarchy. She did believe in my opinion that she was much more important than Charles, that fate had chosen him to elevate her to her position as ambassador for whatever she felt was important, no matter what the other Royals thought. A firm belief in one's fate can turn out to be a kind of hubris - and then you simply don't put on your seatbelt when it's inconvenient because you are so sure that you survive as long as your mission is not accomplished. Fate showed her in my opinion that she was wrong.

But - her followers who still believe in her mission of course cannot accept that the greatest heredict of all - the man who divorced her and took away her Royal title, becomes king after all. Her followers cannot accept that their guru died because of a forgotten seatbelt. They have to believe in sinsiter plots to end this life whose mission wasn't yet accomplished. So - there you are.

While in the real world Britain's monarchy seems to be pretty stable and thus tradition will be followed when the current souverain dies: The queen is dead, long live the King! Of course not in any case the parents die before their children - but whoever saw the terrible grief of parents who lost their child won't wish for Charles' death before his mother, only to make Diana's idea of a king William without a king Charles before him to come true.

I've deleted a couple of posts 'predicting' when the Queen will die because I think it tasteless and tacky.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Warren said:
I've deleted a couple of posts 'predicting' when the Queen will die because I think it tasteless and tacky.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Ah Warren, you restore my faith in the Forums.:flowers: We can all be as irreverent, inflamatory, blinkered, and bolshy as we like. :angel:

But when it comes to tastless and tacky, well..... one has to draw the line somewhere. :hammer:

You never *****foot around. Your reasons are ever clear, concise and, in your face! Long may you continue! :whistling:

ps: wherever did the ***** come from?

Skydragon said:
You can't put such a rude word as pus*y. :ROFLMAO:
Felinefooting is not considered rude in the colonies, but I will take your word for it, oh wise one! :lol:

Last edited:
The vBulletin software has inbuilt programming designed to protect the innocent, the faint-hearted, and certain felines.

Warren said:
The vBulletin software has inbuilt programming designed to protect the innocent, the faint-hearted, and certain felines.
I am envisioning hoards of slothful, pampered *****cats, spending their lives on soft pillows of down, stretching and curling and rolling up into contented balls of fluffiness, never knowing whey they were being censored:)
< ed >

Jo of Palatine said:
I second your view concerning Diana. IMHO she really believed that fate has given her the position as The Princess of Wales because it was her mission to change things. Thus she behaved accordingly instead of seeing herself as a supporter of the monarchy. She did believe in my opinion that she was much more important than Charles, that fate had chosen him to elevate her to her position as ambassador for whatever she felt was important, no matter what the other Royals thought. A firm belief in one's fate can turn out to be a kind of hubris - and then you simply don't put on your seatbelt when it's inconvenient because you are so sure that you survive as long as your mission is not accomplished. Fate showed her in my opinion that she was wrong.

But - her followers who still believe in her mission of course cannot accept that the greatest heredict of all - the man who divorced her and took away her Royal title, becomes king after all. Her followers cannot accept that their guru died because of a forgotten seatbelt. They have to believe in sinsiter plots to end this life whose mission wasn't yet accomplished. So - there you are.

While in the real world Britain's monarchy seems to be pretty stable and thus tradition will be followed when the current souverain dies: The queen is dead, long live the King! Of course not in any case the parents die before their children - but whoever saw the terrible grief of parents who lost their child won't wish for Charles' death before his mother, only to make Diana's idea of a king William without a king Charles before him to come true.

There is no need to sound harsh Jo. This a thread about Charles becoming King and not Diana's opinon of him becoming King.

Madame Royale said:
I can assure you that the British monarch is so much more than just a 'symbol'. That is largely an incorrect observation (with all due respect).

It was late or early when I commented, so I didn't mean it as it sounded. I meant that there wasn't any state or political meetings or catastrophes the King needed to attend because he had to do so to make political decisions. I realize the amount of work and charitable organizations that the monarch attends to. For that, Charles need not to be overshot by his son because of his personal life with Diana.

And, yes. I have become quite bored with Diana because of the same ole dredged up stories, personal attributions and flaws this woman had. I loved this lady and when she died, I also couldn't stand Charles and didn't want him to have the kids, etc etc. However, as a single parent stepping into the shoes of one, he has done well. His boys love their father and have become his world. Yes, the nannies and boarding school did help him raise the boys, but Diana was there to help them early and Charles later in their early and mid-teen years. So, if I offended Diana worshippers, didn't mean to.:flowers:

HRH Kimetha said:
personal attributions and flaws this woman had.

That's rather unfortunate but each to their own.

I loved this lady and when she died

So what exactly has she done in the mean time? How you can like someone in life and come not to like them in death is beyond me.

Perhaps you are someone who is primarily taken by the indaviduals celebrity rather than the person themselves.

And as I'm no Diana "worshipper", no offence was taken :flowers:

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
So what exactly has she done in the mean time? How you can like someone in life and come not to like them in death is beyond me.

Well because you find out more about the person after they died and what you find out changes your opinion of them. Or a characteristic of that person that you once thought was so great doesn't seem so great any more.

ysbel said:
Well because you find out more about the person after they died and what you find out changes your opinion of them. Or a characteristic of that person that you once thought was so great doesn't seem so great any more.

Oh I see...

Madame Royale said:
Perhaps you are someone who is primarily taken by the indaviduals celebrity rather than the person themselves.

Actually, far from the truth. If you knew who I was and what I've done in life, you wouldn't think that way of me. But, not wanting to let the worms out of the can, suffice it to say, some of the "celebrities" I know are rather overrated and if people knew them on a personal level they wouldn't really care for them. On the other hand, others I know are good people both professionally and personally. :flowers:

HRH Kimetha said:
Actually, far from the truth. If you knew who I was and what I've done in life, you wouldn't think that way of me.

Of course I don't know you and I don't claim to. I did not intend to state that that is they way you infact think though given your statement, I thought it a possibility. You have since made it clear that is not the case, and so I have no reason to doubt you. I appreciate your reply :flowers:

But, not wanting to let the worms out of the can

But..this is 'the' Forums :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom