Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is a boy, who is called Gustaf Fredrik Oscar Olle.

My guess for a girls name is:
Lovisa Margareta Ewa Silvia

These names are possible to me:
Girls:
Desiree
Josephine/Josefina
Sophia/Sofia (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Louise/Lovisa (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugenie (possible middle name)
Marie
Victoria (possible middle name)
Margreta
Birgitta (possible middle name)
Ingeborg (possible middle name)
Alice (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Sibylla (possible middle name)
Christina/Kristina (possible middle name)
Ulrika (possible middle name)
Ewa (possible middle name)
Anna (possible middle name)
Siliva (possible middle name)

A boy could be named:
Oscar (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Carl
Johan
Ludvig (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Eugen
Vilhelm/Wilhelm
Frederik/Fredrik
Gustaf/Gustav (fashionable, very possible for first name )
August
Erik (fashionable, very possible for first name )
Olaf
Sigvard
Bertil
Folke
Hubertus
Olle
Gunnar

For sure ther won't be an Adolf/ph. That would be cruel to the kid and would put the royal family in a bad and strange light.

I believe, a child will not be named: (because these are names of godchildren or nephews)
Amalia
Eleonore
Ingrid (at least for first name)
Christian
Constantin
Alexios/Alexandra
Leopold
Diana
Ian
Madeleine
Vivien
Guilia
Isabella
Hedvig
Vera

Last edited:
My guess is a boy, who is called Gustaf Fredrik Oscar Olle.

vyer much Liest of names but i agree with most of the names you put ;) for girls & boys :flowers: but what I guess that ; Princess Victoria & Daniel wil have baby & name it not anything from what we all write ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe she will choose one of her cousins crown prince Fredrick and crown princess Mary of Denmark or crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette marit of Norway or maybe even prince willem Alexander and princess maxima of the Netherlands since she is very good friends with all of them .

I suppose there will be lots of godparents and among them there will be some siblings on Victoria and Daniel sides !

I don't know if you can says it's been a tradition in the SRF, but at least the king, princess Victoria and prince Carl Philip have as one of their names the name of one of their godparents. For the king it's Folke (after Folke Bernadotte), for Victoria it's Désirée (after her aunt princess Désirée) and for Carl Philip it's Bertil (after prince Bertil). It will be interesting to see if Victoria and Daniel will follow this "tradition".

vyer much Liest of names but i agree with most of the names you put ;) for girls & boys :flowers: but what I guess that ; Princess Victoria & Daniel wil have baby & name it not anything from what we all write ;)
i want them to surprise us with a name that we never guessed, but as the baby will be their first born and future King/Queen of Sweden, i guess they will go for traditional, if it was second child maybe more like their taste.
the other crown princes gave their first-born a name with tradition and lots of meaning. Christian is named after the Tradition of naming King's Christian (or Frederik), Ingrid has such a royal Queen name, Leonor's name has a big history behind on Spain and Portugal and fits perfectly on a future Queen, Amalia also has great meaning and tradition, etc...

im sure they will not name the baby with a ramdom name!

Where would they get Alexander from? That's a very Scotch-Irish name, and I haven't seen it used within the Swedish Royal Family at all.

I agree, Alexander doesn't seem too Scandinavian for me. If it was a family name, I guess I could see using it.

I think Carl Oscar for a boy is cute, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Carl ______ or at least a 'double name' if it's a boy. Johan is a cute name too.
I'm more troubled with girl names, I'm thinking maybe Louise/Lovisa, Christina or Désirée.

Daniela if it's a girl and Daniel if it's a boy. I like both names. My guess is that the baby will be a girl.

A name that's pretty, sounds classical and isn't overused would be good names.

If it's a boy, I'm hoping for a name that a King hasn't had in centuries, especially Erik. But Bjorn or Jacob or something might be nice too.

Last edited:
I don't care if the baby is a boy or girl, as long as it's healthy :) plus I am always wrong when it comes to guessing the sex of babies :D

Regarding the name, for a boy I'm not too fond of Carl, Gustav, Oskar, Johan or the like. I have just been looking through the list of kings in Sweden and they haven't been very creative with their kings' names :ermm: I would like Erik, Frederik, Olof or Victor though.

As for a girl, I'm less picky, I only wouldn't like Ulrike/a. But there are so many beautiful female names in the SRF, I'm sure they will find something nice :) I would love a little Lovisa, Christina or even Ewa.

as its a first born, i dont care if its a boy or girl as long as the baby is healthy. but if i had to choose i would choose for it to be a girl, but sincerely, i suspect they will have a boy.

i only want the baby to have a name that no other royal (currently alive) have. Desiree is a nice name, i also like Christina, but we have the Infanta of Spain already. i hate confusion when comes to people sharing the same names.
Johan and Erik for a boy are my favourites^^

as its a first born, i dont care if its a boy or girl as long as the baby is healthy. but if i had to choose i would choose for it to be a girl, but sincerely, i suspect they will have a boy.

i only want the baby to have a name that no other royal (currently alive) have. Desiree is a nice name, i also like Christina, but we have the Infanta of Spain already. i hate confusion when comes to people sharing the same names.
Johan and Erik for a boy are my favourites^^
CP Victoria is very traditional and protective of the royal heritage so I believe we will see a traditional swedish royal name. At least I hope so.

Same here. :flowers:

As for the name, I'm still rooting for Lovisa for a girl and Oscar for a boy. But honestly if they choose anything from Victoria's family tree, they can't go wrong. If we left out Adolf of course, and little Carl Gustaf would be a bit too much for my taste too, but the rest is okay.

i also like Christina, but we have the Infanta of Spain already. i hate confusion when comes to people sharing the same names.

There will be a great age difference between the little Prince/Princess and the Infanta though. I think it would bother me more if Victoria and Daniel gave their baby a name which has been given to other little Princes/Princesses lately.

I'd say Gustav was a fairly safe bet but then again, they might choose to change the way Swedish royal babies are named. If it's a girl, I'm going to stick my neck out and say "Lilian".

Lilian, is a good guess. They love their Aunt, very much.

HRH Princess Lilian, future Queen of Sweden.
it sounds nice, i forgot about that name, how lovely it would be to have a little cute princess named Lilian^^

about polls, does anyone know what the swedes perfer? Male or Female? im sure someone already made a survey

Last edited:
There are already two princess Désirée in Sweden, Victoria's aunt princess Désirée, baroness Silfverschiöld and Victoria's cousin princess Désirée of Hohenzollern.

I think it will be a boy... and normally, his name will be Carl I guess...
If it's a girl, Silvia :)

Do twins run in either side of the family ?

Danielle would be lovely for a girl....although I also like Dagmar, Jacqueline & Margo

But more important a very halthy & happy baby/babies

HRH Princess Lilian, future Queen of Sweden.
it sounds nice, i forgot about that name, how lovely it would be to have a little cute princess named Lilian^^

about polls, does anyone know what the swedes perfer? Male or Female? im sure someone already made a survey

Lilian is a pretty name. Classic and elegant, and when the little girl is young she can be known as 'Lily'. I like it.

^ Lily, how cute!!! im in love with it right now

My paternal grandmother's name is Liliana, and she was called 'Lilia' when a little girl. It sounds very pretty. I think either variation of the name would be gorgeous on a little girl.

Watching Victoria give out the Astrid Lingren award made me think it might be nice for a daughter of hers to have a name from the most famous Swedish children's books! What do you all think about Princess Annika?

The name Astrid is also a nod to the Belgian queen, consort of Leopold III of Belgium who was born a Swedish princess. Still, I'll be pretty shocked if it's a girl and they don't name her Kristina, or Carl Olof if it's a boy.

The name Astrid is also a nod to the Belgian queen, consort of Leopold III of Belgium who was born a Swedish princess. Still, I'll be pretty shocked if it's a girl and they don't name her Kristina, or Carl Olof if it's a boy.

I really love the name Astrid, it's one of my favorite names. I'd be happy to see them use that one. Why do you think it'll be Kristina?

Watching Victoria give out the Astrid Lingren award made me think it might be nice for a daughter of hers to have a name from the most famous Swedish children's books! What do you all think about Princess Annika?
Both Astrid & Annika are very pretty names. I think Astrid has a very minor chance, but Annika is way too unroyal (can't think of better word) to be used for possible future Queen. I'd be very surprised if they use something else then Kristina, Désirée or Lovisa.

I would be happy if she gets a girl. but a boy wouldn´t bad,too.
If it´s a girl the name maybe is something with victoria or maybe silvia.
If it´s a boy anything with gustaf or carl - maybe oscar.

Or maybe they choose modern names like Zara or Rebecca (or) Frederik or Haakon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom