Vatican City State: Pope Benedict XVI, January 2006 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had been under surgery this morning, and the operation has gone well.

Thanks for the information,dear mafan.I hope he will recover soon.He is a great person and a great Pope too:flowers:

He had the accident whilst on holiday in the Valle d'Aosta.

Pope Benedict XVI. arrived to the Czech Republic...

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI will arrive to Edinburgh on September 16th 2010 at the start of a four-day visit to Britain.
Pope will say Mass before an all-ticket crowd of 150,000 at Bellahouston Park in Glasgow.
HeraldScotland

Pope is "too busy" to meet the Price of Wales on his historic four-day visit to Britain later this year.
The Pontiff is due to meet the Queen and Prince Philip at Hollyrood House in Edinburgh, but Pope Benedict XVI turned down a request to meet Prince Charles at a separate venue the same day, according to a Sunday newspaper.

Full article - Belfast Telegraph

Nonsense.HH did not say such thing ever.It's the Sun rag.It's the PoW who is unavaileble having other duties to attend to.

Last edited by a moderator:
:vaticanflag:
HH Pope Benedict XVI lamented the deaths of 19 youngsters yesterday at the German city of Duisburg during the Love Parade music festival attended by 1,4 million,a mass not imagined by the organisation of the festival that used to take place in Berlin for years.

The youngsters were killed in a panic stampede,over 342 were wounded,many severely.

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Pope laments deaths at Love Parade

courtesy hja

Pope's gift to the Queen on display at Holyroodhouse - BBC

Cat becomes star after Papal blessing

Pushkin, the cat in residence at the Birmingham Oratory, has become a celebrity since Pope Benedict XVI blessed him on his trip to England. - Telegraph
ICN article

:vaticanflag::ausflag2:
His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI Canonised Mary MacKillop,a Australian nun,during Holy Mass at St.Peters Basilica this morning.
She was one of five to be canonised among them a Canadian.It was the first time an Australian was Canonised and hundreds
of Australians made the trip to attend the canonisation.

BBC News - Pope canonises first Australian saint, Mary MacKillop

The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI is no longer an organ donor because his body, along with his soul, belongs to the church. - UPI

The Catholic News Agency, CNA, Sunday said the confirmation came from Archbishop Zygmunt Zimowski, who is considered the Vatican's health minister, who told Italy's La Repubblica the pope's body must remain intact because it "belongs to and for the church."
CNA said a Feb. 5 letter from Benedict's secretary to a German doctor explained that while the pontiff had indeed held an organ donor card since the 1970s, his donor status expired when he became pope.

HH the Pope Benedict XVI has granted Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev and first lady Svetlana Medvedeva a private audience at the Vatican February 17, 2011.
Medvedev is on a two-day visit to Italy.
Reuters gallery via daylife

Happy Birthday to His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI!:vaticanflag::rose2:

Happy Birthday to The Holy Father.

Pope John Paul II blessed in Rome on 01 May 2011

In our newspaper I read to-day that the King and the Queen of the Belgians will to to Rome for Pope John Paul Ii and Philippe and Mathilde to London for the wedding.
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding was on friday 8 April and was reported the day after because of Pope John Paul II 's funerals in Rome .
I suppose that the Catholic Monarchs such as The King and the Queen of Spain,
Grand Duke Henri and his wife , Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee and the Princes of Liechtenstein will do the same

In our newspaper I read to-day that the King and the Queen of the Belgians will to to Rome for Pope John Paul Ii and Philippe and Mathilde to London for the wedding.
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding was on friday 8 April and was reported the day after because of Pope John Paul II 's funerals in Rome .
I suppose that the Catholic Monarchs such as The King and the Queen of Spain,
Grand Duke Henri and his wife , Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee and the Princes of Liechtenstein will do the same

The Prince & Princess of Asturias will represent Spain at the beatification of the late Pope John Paul II .

Prince and Princess of Asturias will attend the beatification of John Paul II

I'm a little bit late, but Happy birthday to the Holy Father. May God bless him.

:vaticanflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom