Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit didn't have to apologise to the country or anyone else to be accepted by Parliament. Once her name was submitted by Harald, it is was rubber-stamped. It was just a formality. Moreover, Mette-Marit only apologised to the people the night before her wedding so the people wouldn't have sufficient time to react to her confession before the wedding. Then, she shed enough tears during the wedding ceremony/events to convince most people to forgive her. None the less, her popularity remained low for years and she has the lowest rating amongst the four royal members.

How about now? How does she rate in Norway??

In a poll from VG done in December last year, the popularity of the royal family was measured as follows:

"Who do you think is the best representative for the royal house?"
King Harald 46.5%
Crown Prince Haakon 28%
Queen Sonja 9.5%
Crown Princess Mette-Marit 4.2%
Princess Märtha Louise 2.9%
Ari Behn 1.5%
No particular view 7.5%
Total: 100%
Kong Harald er kongehusets mest populære - VG Nett

Of course, why they're including Märtha and, especially, Ari in the poll and not Princess Astrid who's been at it for all her life, and has received a honorary pension for her work, is anybody's guess... :whistling:

They have beautiful children, though. Popularity or not.
I hope they are happy and content.

When that poll was published I remember reading, or hearing that the results were as exspected and as they should be. The King at the top because he is the Regent, and the Queen following him since they make out the main Royal couple.
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess naturally come as number three and four in the poll because they are not yet the main focus. That the Crown Princess do not have as much representing as the Crown Prince is because she wants to be more with the children when they are young. This will naturally change over time as well. I don't however think that while Marius is at school, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Magnus at day-care that the Crown Princess does nothing. It is more that official representing that makes out a royal role.

I don't understand why many people keep dragging up her past. Yes, she has had one, and hers may not have been the best starting point as a future Queen, but in my opinion she has proved herself able and capable to handle a royal role. I think she does a good job, and she has managed to put light and the public eye on some important issues like HIV/AIDS. I think the majority of the Norwegian public like and respect her. I see her as a strong person and admire her for the choses she has made.

Marius's father Morten Borg, do have a drug conviction for pot, and the reason that became such a big deal was because the trial came up when the press was busy digging up everything they could on the Crown Princess. At the time of the trial, it had been some years I beleive since Morten was caugh with the pot. For me it doesn't matter. He is Marius's father and he share custody over him. He now lives in Oslo together with his wife Celine, her son from a previous relationship, their son, and Marius when he is staying with them. In a recent interview with the weekend edition of Dagbladet Celine says that she concider herself to be Marius's other mother and that she has three children. That is the same way the Crown Prince speaks of his family.

We have watched Mette-Marit grow into her role as wife, mother, and a working Crown Princess ... she takes all her roles very seriously

Okay, what's really important?

It's nice if the Princess is beautiful as she is part of the collective face of the nation, but more importantly, look at what she'd doing for people with AIDS and for children! I think that she is really representing what Norwegian culture is all about, namely using the country's resources to help people around the worldwho have fewer resources. I also admire her strong relationship with her children - impressive considering all of her duties and stress.

Do you know if they are only showing it today? I have checked my tv schedule, and I can't seem to find it. I wonder which channel it will be on. I would definitely like to see it.

The only English I picked up on in the article is "Sharp Entertainment" does that meant anything to you???
Maybe you could run a google search, and combine that with Mette marit

The only English I picked up on in the article is "Sharp Entertainment" does that meant anything to you???
Maybe you could run a google search, and combine that with Mette marit

I've never heard of Sharp Entertainment before. I did a google search, and found their website. Apparently, they produce shows for several cable networks. Their website is most unhelpful. There is no search feature, and no mention of what is new. I will continue my search....I would love to see this documentary.:rolleyes:

I've never heard of Sharp Entertainment before. I did a google search, and found their website. Apparently, they produce shows for several cable networks. Their website is most unhelpful. There is no search feature, and no mention of what is new. I will continue my search....I would love to see this documentary.:rolleyes:

Oh, sorry it wasnt more help. Good luck! :flowers:

I get Cable, here in the USA.

I have never heard of The Sharp Entertainment Network, sorry.

I am somewhat shocked that an American Channel would be airing a show about a Norwegian Princess. This usually does not happen. Our TV stations, usually don't air programmes about any Royals other than the British ones.

Crownprincess Mette-Marit bitten in her lip by their family dog.

Well the current events of the Crownprince cpuple and children is that they are on vacation of course.

But it is now reported that their dog, the labradoodle Milly Kakao, has bitten the Crownprincess in her lip last Monday. Actually on CPrince Haakons 36th birthday. She went to the ER to have vaccinations. It was a minor bite, and the vaccination is a common procedure when being bitten in example of a dog.

The injury in her lower lip were minor.

Link/source:

Mette-Marit bitt av barnas hund - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

That's not good in a house with young children. I hope it's a problem that can be fixed for the dog's sake.

How awful! I hope that they are able to train Milly, without having to get rid of her (or even worse, have her euthanized). I am glad to hear that it was a minor injury.

Sad news! I hope Milly Cacao will not be put down :ermm:
Sometimes it happens so it is really important to train the dog not to hurm the children.

Sad news! I hope Milly Cacao will not be put down :ermm:
I cannot imagine.
And I think the story sounds more dramatic then it is.

Young dogs are blustery and playfull. It's normal that they are biting while playing. My uncle's puppy also bit me several times while playing.

I think MM was just unlucky that the puppy bit her lip.

Also it says she has "minor" injury on her lip. So, I think it's not a bis story, actually.
Hope she won't have a scar.

Last edited:
:previous:
Oh how awful, I hope Mette-Marit will be alright. :)

I cannot imagine.
And I think the story sounds more dramatic then it is.

Young dogs are blustery and playfull. It's normal that they are biting while playing. My uncle's puppy also bit me several times while playing.

I think MM was just unlucky that the puppy bit her lip.

Also it says she has "minor" injury on her lip. So, I think it's not a bis story, actually.
Hope she won't have a scar.

I agree with you.
When our dog is in playful mood, he has the unfortunate habit of biting as well. Sometimes, it’s their way of showing affection (or annoyance, depending on how they feel at the moment).

I do hope Mette-Marit is all right and the bite will not leave any scarring: Milly Cacao chose a very unfortunate place to bite.

The problem is the dog lives with the future queen not the ordinary girl. The public opinion is quite strong and may cause the putting down Cacao :ohmy:
I hope it will not happen, I just know from my friend that it is kind of serious issue in the country.

I hope that the dog Milly Kakao won't be put down.

(And it is Milly Kakao with "k" and not "c"!! Please use the correct name, and don't translate a Norwegian name of the dog into English. That is not neccessary. ;) And quite frankly, I find it insulting that it seems like the Norwegian name isn't good enough for some on this board, so they have to translate and switch the letters to make the name more English. A Norwegian name and spelling of it is good enough as it is. Even though we are talking about a dog. ;)

(Not a big deal, really, no sweat, but still.... :flowers: )

why would the dog be put down? it seems quite a drastic choice for just a minor puppy incident. i couldn't imagine the public opinion should they euthanize him.

MM seems such an unfortunate person with these type of things. she usually has trouble with awkward illnesses and accidents.

I hope that the dog Milly Kakao won't be put down.

(And it is Milly Kakao with "k" and not "c"!! Please use the correct name, and don't translate a Norwegian name of the dog into English. That is not neccessary. ;) And quite frankly, I find it insulting that it seems like the Norwegian name isn't good enough for some on this board, so they have to translate and switch the letters to make the name more English. A Norwegian name and spelling of it is good enough as it is. Even though we are talking about a dog. ;)

(Not a big deal, really, no sweat, but still.... :flowers: )

I am very sorry to hurt your feelings, Laurentienne but it was just a spelling mistake nothing more :flowers:
I do respect and like Norwegian language and sure that any name is great on local language :)

I hope she will be ok and can trust the dog again. I would be afraid with small children around. My mom had a dog that bit my nephew, never felt comfortable around him again. Hopefully it was just a puppy accident.

As the proud owner of 3 dogs, I can say that puppies can be very lively BUT, the family needs to really pay close attention to the puppy's play habits and correct anything unwanted right away. This is not always an easy task, especially with small children that can sometimes irritate a pet. Good luck to them, puppy training is never easy but can be extremely rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom