The Queen's Dogs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Willow will be her last corgi, I believe she has said she wont take in any more at her age.

But she isn't alone, she still has her dorgis. Vulcan and Candy are still with her. They can be seen in the photo of the queen with her dogs in the birthday photos she did last year out on the steps.

She also has Whisper, a corgi that belonged to her late Sandringham gameskeeper who she recently adopted.

That is so sad but does she have any dorgies left? Somehow I cannot see HM without any dogs walking with her at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral.

:previous:I agree...I simply cannot imagine HM walking without ANY of her beloved pets beside her. They are such a great comfort to her, and she would be very lonely without them in her life.

So sad about Whisper.:sad:

Oh no! Poor Whisper. The Queen must be very upset. The death of a much-loved pet is always awful.

Whisper's passing has got to have left a huge empty spot not only in the Queen's castles but also in her heart. The loss of a beloved pet is very similar to losing a close family member and is felt very deeply.

I, too, cannot picture the Queen without her faithful companions. They've been such a huge part of her very long life.

That is so sad but does she have any dorgies left? Somehow I cannot see HM without any dogs walking with her at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral.

Her dorgis Vulcan and Candy are still alive IIRC.

Vulcan, a dachshund-corgi mix (Dorgi), has passed away during lockdown, weeks before Christmas. Vulcan is one of her last two remaining dogs :sad: :cry:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
The Queen is mourning the loss of one of her last two remaining dogs just weeks before Christmas.
Loyal companion Vulcan, a dachshund-corgi cross, died a few weeks ago at Windsor.
It has left the 94-year-old monarch with just one remaining animal, Candy, also a Dorgi.
9:00 AM · Dec 4, 2020·Twitter for iPad​

Queen Elizabeth Is Reportedly Mourning the Loss of Her Dog, Vulcan
The news of Vulcan's death comes just days after the Cambridges said goodbye to their pup, Lupo.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a34865862/queen-elizabeth-dog-death-vulcan/

Vulcan is on the bottom middle in this picture (from Vanity Fair 2016)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWhDZtH7TD/

May Vulcan Rest in Peace

Vulcan, a dachshund-corgi mix (Dorgi), has passed away during lockdown, weeks before Christmas. Vulcan is one of her last two remaining dogs :sad: :cry:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
The Queen is mourning the loss of one of her last two remaining dogs just weeks before Christmas.
Loyal companion Vulcan, a dachshund-corgi cross, died a few weeks ago at Windsor.
It has left the 94-year-old monarch with just one remaining animal, Candy, also a Dorgi.
9:00 AM · Dec 4, 2020·Twitter for iPad​

Queen Elizabeth Is Reportedly Mourning the Loss of Her Dog, Vulcan
The news of Vulcan's death comes just days after the Cambridges said goodbye to their pup, Lupo.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a34865862/queen-elizabeth-dog-death-vulcan/

Vulcan is on the bottom middle in this picture (from Vanity Fair 2016)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWhDZtH7TD/

May Vulcan Rest in Peace

This makes me sad. My dachshund died this past Monday morning. He was 15 1/2 years old so I know how she is feeling.

:previous: Sorry to hear of your loss Duchess Rachel.

Yes, pets are so much part of our and our families' lives that their going leaves a terrible gap. If only they could live thirty years longer!

As far as the Queen is concerned, once Candy dies, that's the end of a long corgi/dorgi dynasty that has been around since the 1930s.

Painful loss for the queen. Her dogs have been such a huge part of her life, and her family's. It has to be hard to have only one left now.

Not a good Christmas season dog wise for the royal family.

:previous: Yayyy! So happy to hear that HMQ has added to her doggie family:flowers:

Nothing warms the heart better than puppy breath and feathery kisses and tails that wag 1000 times a minute. Dogs are the perfect example of unconditional love there can be. :D

I am delighted ! A ray of sunshine in all that mud.

That's so nice, especially for such a lifelong dog-lover. They will undoubtedly do much cheering up.

I am surprised. I thought she said she wasn't getting new dogs any more at her age. But its happy news.

Glad she will have some new fluffy companions. Dogs are such a joy to her :flowers:

And of course the DM spins a happy story about new puppies into drama :ermm:

^^^^^ She did state she wouldn't get any more but I think she failed to realise how lonely and depressed Candy would be having spent her life with 'family' and how shut in she and Philip have been this last year and now, with Philip in hospital she only had a a depressed dorgie to talk to.

No loves and cuddles from her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Not even meeting them . Something had to be done . . . .and another dog was called for and, what's better than a puppy than two puppies for she and Candy to shake their heads together over the outrageous antics of the puppies.

I wonder who convinced her to accept the gift? (We have a mystery Queen whisperer) and how wonderful is that. As for the rags, the only thing they got really right was 'the Queen without Corgies is like the Tower of London without Ravens.
Happy woofs, wags and puppy mayhem your Majesty. May you enjoy every wet nose and doggie kiss.

According to some exclusives from Daily Mail and The Sun, The Queen has got two new corgi puppies. This comes after the death of Vulcan, her dorgi (Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Dachshund crossbreed), last year. Candy (dorgi) will now have two new dog companions! ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14238743/queen-given-corgis-to-get-through-crisis/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...orgi-puppies-comfort-crisis-Harry-Meghan.html

And the new puppies named Fergus and Muick after family member and beauty spot

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/queens-new-corgi-pups-named-5208572

^^^^^ She did state she wouldn't get any more but I think she failed to realise how lonely and depressed Candy would be having spent her life with 'family' and how shut in she and Philip have been this last year and now, with Philip in hospital she only had a a depressed dorgie to talk to.

No loves and cuddles from her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Not even meeting them . Something had to be done . . . .and another dog was called for and, what's better than a puppy than two puppies for she and Candy to shake their heads together over the outrageous antics of the puppies.

I wonder who convinced her to accept the gift? (We have a mystery Queen whisperer) and how wonderful is that. As for the rags, the only thing they got really right was 'the Queen without Corgies is like the Tower of London without Ravens.
Happy woofs, wags and puppy mayhem your Majesty. May you enjoy every wet nose and doggie kiss.
I don't know if I should admit this, but this made me lol.

If the picture of HM and now Prince Philip and the last doggie being driven madly insane by the relatively mannerless Fergus and Muick who, unaware of their elevated royal status, doesn't make you laugh I don't know what will.

It's been a lonely and depressing0 2020 and 2021 looks to be much the same. Think of the millions of people around the world seeing HM taking and getting so much puppy love and joy spending time within their own Covid-19 bubble.

Puppies epitomise the endorphins that which lighten our hearts and , after all, laughter is the very best mood enhancer and it's nice to know our BRF are showing that just like any other multi-generational family, it seems their seniors are showing how to get get a kick out of life rather than letting life kick them in the a**.

This isn't about dogs but cats and I thought it was quite sweet.

The Dean of Canterbury briefly spoke this morning of when the Queen visited Canterbury cathedral five years ago to unveil statues. They were having lunch and she suddenly spotted one of his cats scratching the floor and was told that he normally sat on a chair when meals were served but was put out today because he wasn't allowed whilst she was there. She apparently then insisted Monkey be given his usual place and a chair was brought for him to join in the lunch next to her.

Comment starts about 21.20.

Last edited:
:previous: I love this...three cheers for Monkey and HMQ!!?

Back
Top Bottom