The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/1245816547

Kate wore a pair of gold beaded earrings for the Christmas Day service. Interesting design but not what I expect for winter and Christmas. It gives me India/southeast Asia vibe, I think they'll look good with her old Jenny Packham royal blue gown which she wore in the India visit.

Last edited:
I love the earrings.

I agree with you. I also enjoy the fact that Catherine wears exactly what she wants and is comfortable in for the occasion. She knows she will be critiqued from head to toe as soon as she is seen but doesn't seem to bother her. Reminds me a lot of Maxima in that regard. Plus, both of these ladies seem extremely happy in their own immediate families. Great to witness. JMO

I love the earrings, they really are quite special but they looked odd with the winter camo gear she was wearing. The wrong style of clothes made them look sort of like she forgot to bring anything suitable.

I agree with you. I also enjoy the fact that Catherine wears exactly what she wants and is comfortable in for the occasion. She knows she will be critiqued from head to toe as soon as she is seen but doesn't seem to bother her. Reminds me a lot of Maxima in that regard. Plus, both of these ladies seem extremely happy in their own immediate families. Great to witness. JMO

I think Catherine now has a certain comfort and confidence in her public role and her family life, which is reflected in the way she dresses. She rarely gets it wrong, this outing just another one where she got it spot on.

Whilst you are unlikely to see Catherine in such earrings on a regular day time engagement, it was Christmas, and a little bit of fun was called for.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/1245816547

Kate wore a pair of gold beaded earrings for the Christmas Day service. Interesting design but not what I expect for winter and Christmas. It gives me India/southeast Asia vibe, I think they'll look good with her old Jenny Packham royal blue gown which she wore in the India visit.

I really like the earrings worn on Christmas Day ,perhaps they were a Christmas present?

Those look new or else I've not seen them before?

Apparently they are by Chalk and Kate wore them to the unveiling of the National Windrush Monument in June 2022. They are inspired by the auditorium ceiling at the Royal Opera House.

Apparently they are by Chalk and Kate wore them to the unveiling of the National Windrush Monument in June 2022. They are inspired by the auditorium ceiling at the Royal Opera House.

They're a very interesting design :previous:

Well this is a first for me - a post about jewels that weren’t worn! How sad that for her latest red carpet appearance, the Princess decided to shun the many beautiful jewels that reside in the vaults, not forgetting her own, sizeable collection, in favour of a flamboyant Zara chandelier pair of earrings. I know there are people who feel this was a very modern, daring thing to do and that it is making a statement, but I think she’s already done this both for evening and daytime engagements,and so it’s not particularly groundbreaking . I also think the earrings, although quite nice, don’t work with the dress.
I thought it might be fun to suggest here what you might have chosen if you could have helped her select a pair from the collection.
I came across a picture of Queen Victoria’s Fringe earrings, which I don’t think the late Queen Elizabeth wore, but form part of the royal collection ,and thought they were suitably stunning.

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com/2015/03/queen-victorias-emerald-fringe-earrings.html

The floral earrings worn last night by the Princess of Wales didn't work for me,maybe it was the hairstyle but sadly nothing worked well with last nights appearance.

I really liked the whole ensemble and I love the choice of those earrings, which shows me that Catherine as Princess of Wales isn't going to be predictably, traditionally dressed at all occasions. I hope she continues to embrace her artistic qualities and despite the requirements of her position, she'll also be bold and quirky sometimes too.

Lovely as the earrings are, IMO, their time has come and gone. Would quite like to see the Princess of Wales in real diamonds and pearls now!

I totally agree ~ also in pure silk/wool/cotton/linen instead of synthetics please!

The brooch looked somewhat lost in the pattern on the dress and I only noticed it close up.

I could not disagree with you, but at this stage of the game, seeing the Princess use a brooch is a treat enough. Add on that it is a brooch with very special provenance, and you can see why minor details like the dress can easily be ignored.

I was delighted to see the brooch and the Princess has really been upping her use of jewelry which is a delight.

People aways say this but at that time the queen used to gift jewels. The easiest explanation and the one I always say, is that she gave Diana the choker, as well as the Lover's Knot tiara and other jewels.

I would be happy to be corrected with actual real proof such as a statement from the Palace that Diana was NOT given these jewels.
My theory is that she possibly gifted some jewels to Diana but of course no one predicted a divorce so as part of the divorce settlement, Diana returned jewels that the Queen “gifted” her.

Back
Top Bottom