The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's nice to see this one again, Catherine wears it very well.

That tiara with that hairstyle is really terrific looking.

That’s great tiara hair. So lovely to see this tiara again. Dare I say, I actually prefer it to the Lovers Knot.

:previous: me too. :flowers:

Great to see the lotus again and I wish we would see her wedding tiara soon. Her hair style here reminds me certain look from Mary. And it goes well with the lotus.

Her hair looks great with the lotus tiara.

Nice to see her wear this one again.

I really like the way the tiara is positioned in her hair tonight. It has previously looked a little flat in a way I didn’t think was the best look, but the angle and wearing it more like a headband really works here.

The tiara is wonderful and a great size. Although she looks good I am not a great fan of hair down with tiaras in general. But if it needs to be down this is the way to do it.

Last edited:
:previous: EXACTLY! I am usually very firm on Team Updo for formal tiara events but this look is an exception.;)

The tiara was a copy of one owned by Queen Mary’s aunt so therefore a personal jewel and considering how previous generations of royals used to gift away jewels probably indicates for the most part the late Queen Elizabeth wasn’t going to gift her grandmother’s jewels to anyone. The tiara did not come from the Spencer collection nor was it bought for Diana. The tiara was commissioned by Queen Mary who got Garrards to make it. Plus I don’t think she would gift Queen Mary’s emerald choker either, she simply loaned it to Diana, just because these jewels were closely associated with her doesn’t mean she owned them outright as gifts. There were jewels that she owned personally such as gifts from foreign royals, gifts from Charles and QEQM but the lovers knot and emerald choker aren’t part of that at all.

Thanks for answering but I still don't see actual proof. Just you stating things as fact. I will let it go now, as I see no one here can show any actual statements issued from the palace on my question.

On another note, Catherine looks fantastic tonight, and yes, the look is very reminiscent of Crown Princess Mary at the time of her engagement.

Last edited:
:previous: EXACTLY! I am usually very firm on Team Updo for formal tiara events but this look is an exception.;)

Agree about the Updo for formal tiara events but delighted to see the Princess wearing a different tiara!

Wow, she looked gorgeous with the lotus flower tiara, even with her hair down. I'm so delighted so see her with some other tiara than Queen Mary's lover's knot tiara. Is this a sign that the tiara distribution policy of King Charles differs from his mother's approach?

Wow, she looked gorgeous with the lotus flower tiara, even with her hair down. I'm so delighted so see her with some other tiara than Queen Mary's lover's knot tiara. Is this a sign that the tiara distribution policy of King Charles differs from his mother's approach?
Catherine wore the Lotus Flower publicly at least two times before she debuted the Lovers Knot. I believe that she has had it available to wear, but opted wear this pne again for some variety.

I'm so glad she chose to wear the lotus instead of the Lover's Knot tiara!
She looked incredible!

I also like the way she wore her hair; it was a change from the same old same old updo usually worn with tiaras.

Catherine wore the Lotus Flower publicly at least two times before she debuted the Lovers Knot. I believe that she has had it available to wear, but opted wear this pne again for some variety.
It's impossible to prove whether Catherine had access to this tiara all the time or not. But I actually believe that Queen Elizabeth preferred her to stick to only one tiara. Anyways, I hope to see her vary her tiaras more often and I'd love to see her with the Cartier wedding tiara once again.

It's impossible to prove whether Catherine had access to this tiara all the time or not. But I actually believe that Queen Elizabeth preferred her to stick to only one tiara. Anyways, I hope to see her vary her tiaras more often and I'd love to see her with the Cartier wedding tiara once again.

And the Art Deco Brooch too made its second outing along with Queen Elizabeth#s Diamond Frame Earrings.

Yes, we don't know if jewels were loaned to Princess Diana or if the jewels were gifts from the Queen.
The usual long-term loan seems to make sense as it a) allows us to see and drool, and b) means they have a choice close at hand. The late Queen was always one to ensure that the royal jewellery was held close to the vault and I thought that perhaps Catherine had given up on the papyrus tiara, it is, after all, a difficult tiara to wear. However, it looked completely different on her this time out, so much so, that it is almost as if we had never seen it on her before. In short, Catherine has "grown into it".

Yes, I am disappointed that the wedding-day tiara has not been worn since. The wedding-day earrings have hardly been seen since as well.

Since the wedding tiara was on display with the dress for quite a while. I've thought that it probably didn't go back to her, but made its way back into the vault.

The usual long-term loan seems to make sense as it a) allows us to see and drool, and b) means they have a choice close at hand.

That makes sense.

.......and I thought that perhaps Catherine had given up on the papyrus tiara, it is, after all, a difficult tiara to wear.

Is the Papyrus / Lotus a difficult tiara to wear? Margaret seemed to have used it a reasonable amount over the years.

However, it looked completely different on her this time out, so much so, that it is almost as if we had never seen it on her before. In short, Catherine has "grown into it".

There is no doubt in my mind that Catherine seems much more comfortable in her role now, and has certainly grown into being the Princess of Wales she now is. Well done to her.

Was it not the third outing of the Art Deco brooch? Remembrance Sunday, SA State Banquet and then the Dip?

I must have missed it at the Remembrance Sunday Service.

I’m quite optimistic that we will continue to see a steady trickle of new, significant pieces of jewellery worn by Catherine. She has never been shy to wear quite substantial jewels (such as the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace) loaned by the late Queen, and we’ve already seen the emerald choker and three strand pearl bracelet since she became Princess of Wales. I get the impression there is quite a relaxed atmosphere between Catherine and the new Queen, which probably extends to a more open conversation about the royal jewels in a way that probably didn’t happen with the late Queen. Of course this is mere speculation!

She looks amazing in green, which is a favorite color in Boston because of the Irish immigrants to the city. The most famous one, also a royal legend, Princess Grace of Monaco.

Here's Princess Katherine in green

Typo!!!* :eek:
My mistake on thinking Princess Grace was a Bostonian, she was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. Sorry, I'm recalling all issues on that post :ermm:

Ps *thanks fellow RF colleage Winnie! :flowers:

Did anyone identify what earrings the Princess wore at the Abbey last night?

Did anyone identify what earrings the Princess wore at the Abbey last night?

I read on Twitter that they were from Accessorize and cost £7.

Much as I would have liked her to dig deep in the vaults for a ruby and diamond pair, I thought the pair looked good and was event appropriate.

Gosh and there was me thinking they were long lost gems from the Windsor Vault!

Gosh and there was me thinking they were long lost gems from the Windsor Vault!

I so wish the Princess would reuse her clothing ~ how many coat dresses?!? ~
and also reuse jewelry, preferably straight from the Royal Vault.
Costume jewelry is wasted on her.

Back
Top Bottom