The Prince of Wales Current Events 9: April-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Wales visits the Police Rehabilitation Centre Flint House Goring-on-Thames Oxfordshire, 2008-07-14.
MediumPhoto

Pics 15.+16.7.2008

The Prince of Wales during a visit to Bethnal Green Technology
College in Bethnal Green London - 15 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Prince of Wales speaks to the Corporate Leaders Group at
a climate change meeting in St James's Palace in London - 16 Jul

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Unfortunately they are a little stuck in the mud. Their suits are superb quality, but the cut is the same as 40-50 years ago and they can be reluctant to use modern fabrics. It would be a great pity if they all closed down though.

Savile Row no longer suits Prince of Wales
From the article:

"
Mystery surrounded the tailor concerned.
A Clarence House spokesman declined to comment and Fayed, whose brother Ali owns Turnbull & Asser, the provider of shirts for the Prince, would say only:
"If Prince Charles wishes to emulate my elegance then he's most welcome.
After all, I have heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery."

As if employing the same tailor is a kind of imitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If Prince Charles wishes to emulate my elegance then he's most welcome.
After all, I have heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery."
I saw that and had to chuckle. Fayed, to put it nicely, is rather plump and quite simply does not have the bearing, so I don't think Chales is imitating Fayed. :whistling:

With Prince Charles now using same tailor as Ali Fayed, [is this Tailor actually employed by Ali in one of his shops?], and Prince William being a friend of Camilla Fayed [and, who also attended Diana's memorial service], it seems they still maintain a cordial connection with the Fayeds, regardless of the morbid obsessions of Mohammed al Fayed.

Prince Charles has been buying his shirts and ties from Turnbull & Asser for decades - long before the Fayeds ever took it over. In fact I wouldn't put it past them to have deliberately targeted Turnbull & Asser for a take over just so they could try to claim some sort of association. After all Prince Charles took his custom away from Fayed-owned Harrods years ago.

They have certainly made the last 10yrs a nightmare for the royals. Hope Prince Charles does a rethink over his suits :ermm:

They certainly need help, with more and more closing down. I do however feel there is a genuine need for the bigger out of town shops. :flowers:

It is a great pleasure for me that so many of you have been able to give up your very precious time to come down to these woods today to have a look at the horse logging side of life. As some of you may realise, I have become Patron of the British Horse Logging Association, of which I’m enormously proud.

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales as Patron of the British Horse Logging Association

Last edited:
Thank you for this article milla Ca. :flowers: It is wonderful that Charles and Camilla honour our troops in this way and I am pretty sure that the 'boys' appreciate it! ;)

You´re welcome Skydragon!:flowers:

PRINCE Charles is to receive the Freedom of Caithness in Wick early next month, it has been confirmed. He will be granted the honour by the Highland Council at a ceremony in the Assembly Rooms on Monday, August 4, at the start of what will be a busy day for him.

Date confirmed for prince's freedom honour - John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier

:previous: And I am sure that he will be Royally welcomed. :D :clap:
:royalscotland::clap:

Prince Charles has been buying his shirts and ties from Turnbull & Asser for decades - long before the Fayeds ever took it over. In fact I wouldn't put it past them to have deliberately targeted Turnbull & Asser for a take over just so they could try to claim some sort of association. After all Prince Charles took his custom away from Fayed-owned Harrods years ago.
The Al-Fayeds seem to have developed a bit of a record in buying up trophy British "insitutions" and running them to the ground. eg The Punch M<angazine - since shut down; Fulham Football Club - struggling; Harrods - struggling, compared with Selfridges and Harvey Nicks (incidentially both of which are owned by foreigners!)..... Moral of the story: if the Al- Fayeds are buiyig something, it will surely be struggling in a few years!!!

About 170 soldiers who served in Iraq have received medals from the Prince of Wales in honour of their contribution.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7525631.stm
:clap:
----------------------
Prince Charles has told people to grow their own vegetables to cope with rising fuel costs.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/109502/...r-own-vegetables-to-cope-with-high-fuel-costs

The Queen and Prince Charles have joined the government’s controversial eco-town scheme, after three developers withdrew their bids.

http://www.contractjournal.com/Arti...een-and-prince-charles-join-eco-town-bid.html

Last edited:
Prince Charles at the Cartier International 2008, Guards Polo Club, Winsdor
July 27

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected :)cool::lol:)
Bit of a worry where the "i" in Getty Images is placed . . . . it looks like Charles has a ciggy in his mouth. :whistling:

milla Ca said:
Here's one in the eye for all those uptight not-so-very Civil Servant's who would have our next King so uptight and stuffy that he reeks of mothballs! :ROFLMAO:

Love his class, love his style, and you have definitely got to love that car!:in_love:

HRH looked SMASHING!! I was hoping Dita Von Teese would have a little more 40's look to her. Bit disappointed with that. :ermm:

Hmmm..., she started her career in the BDSM-scene as a Bondage model, as I learned when she was invited to teach the candidates on the TV-show Germany's Next Topmodel about how to pose sexy. Talk about times that are A-changing....

She's not raunchy, Her stage act is a LOT better than some Madonna concerts!! And she dresses better as well! But no, that's NOT appropriate for HRH birthday. :eek:

I like Dita von Teese. She's very classy. A lot of people would take the routine that she does and make it completely lewd and crass, but she injects a lot of that old-school glamour and sex-appeal into it. And I love how she dresses. She's said she doesn't even own a pair of jeans. It takes a lot to dress like it's 1947 every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom