The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 7th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Clarence House

The Prince of Wales held a Meeting at Clarence House with the Sustainable Markets’ Council.

The Prince of Wales this evening held a Dinner at Clarence House for the Sustainable Markets’ Council.

Court Circular 3rd December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning received the Hon. Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama (Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji).

His Royal Highness received the Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau MP (Prime Minister of Canada).

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this afternoon and presented The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering.

His Royal Highness afterwards received Mrs. Erna Solberg (Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Norway).

The Prince of Wales received Mr. Giuseppe Conte (Prime Minister of the Italian Republic).

Court Circular 4th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince's Council at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.

His Royal Highness this afternoon received Admiral Anthony Radakin (First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff).

The Prince of Wales received the Very Reverend Dr. David Hoyle (Dean of Westminster).

Court Circular 5th December:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Court Circular 5th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales received Air Chief Marshal Michael Wigston (Chief of the Air Staff).

The Prince of Wales received Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown and Prince Radu of Romania.

His Royal Highness this evening held a pre-Chanukah Reception at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 11th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon received the Very Reverend Dr. John Hall (formerly Dean of Westminster).

His Royal Highness subsequently attended the presentation of the interfaith Bridge Award in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 12th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning received the Right Reverend and Rt. Hon. Dame Sarah Mullally (Dean of Her Majesty's Chapels Royal and Bishop of London).

His Royal Highness later attended an Accounting for Sustainability Summit at St. James's Palace.

The Prince of Wales afterwards opened the "Apertures of a Revolution. Photographs from December 1989" exhibition at the Romanian Cultural Institute, Belgrave Square, London SW1.

Court Circular 16th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall this morning held a Meeting for the Duchy of Cornwall.

Court Circular 17th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning received Major General Sir Benjamin Bathurst (General Officer Commanding London District and Major General Commanding Household Division).

His Royal Highness later held a Meeting for Waitrose Duchy Organic.

Court Circular 18th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning attended an Advent Service at the Emmanuel Tamil Fellowship, Manor Park, London E12, and was received by Mr. John Barber (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

His Royal Highness this evening received Mrs. Rebecca Speight (Chief Executive, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds).

Court Circular 19th December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited CCm Technologies Limited, IO Centre, Hobley Drive, Swindon, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Wiltshire (Mrs Peter Troughton).

Court Circular 23rd December:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited Fishlake, an area affected by recent flooding, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of South Yorkshire (Mr Andrew Coombe).

His Royal Highness, Patron, The Prince’s Countryside Fund, this afternoon visited a farm in Matlock to meet local people and farmers affected by flooding and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Derbyshire (Mr William Tucker).

This is only the second meeting of the Duchy of Cornwall Charles has attended this year. The rest have been attended by William.

Today, December 18, the Prince of Wales attended an advent service in London to remember those affected by the Easter Attacks in Sri Lanka:

** gettyimages gallery **

Is he at Dumfries House? The royal blue furniture in some of the pictures look like some of the Chippendale pieces.

He’s in Birkhall...I read that yesterday

Today's meetings must have taken place in Dumfries House because that's where those photos were taken. In answer to your question & my answer about Charles being in Scotland at this time of year `(both of which have been deleted, presumably they were in the wrong place) he spent most of last January in Scotland too.

Last edited:
Today's meetings must have taken place in Dumfries House because that's where those photos were taken. In answer to your question & my answer about Charles being in Scotland at this time of year `(both of which have been deleted, presumably they were in the wrong place) he spent most of last January in Scotland too.

Thank you ! Sorry about the wrong info!

Court Circular 11th January:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this evening departed Dyce International Airport, Aberdeen, for Oman.
Mr Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mrs Jilly Hurley and Dr Richard Leach are in attendance.

Court Circular 12th January:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning arrived at Muscat International Airport and was received by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman (His Excellency Mr Hamish Cowell).

His Royal Highness, on behalf of The Queen, this afternoon paid his Condolences at the Al Alam Palace, Muscat, following the death of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said.

The Prince of Wales this evening arrived in the United Kingdom from Oman.
Mr Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mrs Jilly Hurley and Dr Richard Leach were in attendance.

Court Circular 13th January:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this evening received representatives from the World Economic Forum.

Court Circular 14th January:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this morning received Dr Michael Cantlay (Chairman, Scottish Natural Heritage) and Ms Francesca Osowska (Chief Executive).

Court Circular 19th January:
Clarence House

The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria this afternoon called upon The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire.

His Royal Highness this evening held a Recital and Dinner for Opera Australia at Dumfries House.

Court Circular 20th January:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay today undertook engagements at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire.

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this afternoon held a Reception for Members of the Scottish Parliament.

His Royal Highness later held a Meeting with representatives of the Crown Estate Scotland.

Court Circular 21st January:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay today undertook engagements at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire.

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay later received the Ambassador from the Republic of Indonesia to the Court of St. James's (His Excellency Dr. Rizal Sukma).

Court Circular 22nd January:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Prestwick International Airport for Switzerland.

His Royal Highness today attended the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos.

Mr. Clive Alderton, Mrs. Jennifer Jordan-Saifi and Mr. Julian Payne were in attendance.

The Prince of Wales later departed for Israel and was received this evening upon arrival at Tel Aviv Ben Gurion International Airport by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the State of Israel (His Excellency Mr. Neil Wigan).

He and Camilla go up for New Years and spend most of January up there every year. He had events at Dumfries this week the past few years.

I'm so proud to see Prince Charles speaking up for the environment, biodiversity and our future. He is tall and well respected among World leaders at Davos. If only our political leaders would aquaint themselves with scientific facts and work passionately for long term goals of sustainability.
Charles and Greta looked good together... both extremely different but on the same team.

I'm so proud to see Prince Charles speaking up for the environment, biodiversity and our future. He is tall and well respected among World leaders at Davos. If only our political leaders would aquaint themselves with scientific facts and work passionately for long term goals of sustainability.
Charles and Greta looked good together... both extremely different but on the same team.
I am in total agreement! https://www.weforum.org/events/worl.../special-address-by-h-r-h-the-prince-of-wales

Dan Wootton has moved on from Harry and Meghan to blast Charles, lol.

The last thing the country needs is another two-bit political wannabe trying to gain popularity on the back of Greta.

What we desperately need is a future king who can bring us together beyond politics and beyond the embarrassing PR mess engulfing his family.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10807556/prince-charles-save-monarchy-passion-projects/

I was so disgusted that I tweeted him:

Charles is a two-bit political wannabe because he cares about saving the planet? Save the monarchy? Exactly what do you want him to do? But hey, if he stops trying to save the planet, he won't need to save the monarchy because there won't be one - or a planet.

Dan Wootton has moved on from Harry and Meghan to blast Charles, lol.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10807556/prince-charles-save-monarchy-passion-projects/
I was so disgusted that I tweeted him:

Charles is a two-bit political wannabe because he cares about saving the planet? Save the monarchy? Exactly what do you want him to do? But hey, if he stops trying to save the planet, he won't need to save the monarchy because there won't be one - or a planet.
You go, Betsypaige! Bravo!

It might seem as Charles isn't the most popular heir to the throne ever and he's had a lifetime of being scrutinized and criticized for things like talking to plants and his fondness for squirrels and was thought to be an awkward and insecure person growing up. Wearing 40+ year old shoes and collecting toilet seats didn't help him much either.

Over the years being here on TRF, my opinion of Charles, the man has grown by leaps and bounds and I'd actually go as far as to say that next to HM, The Queen, Charles is the British royal that I admire the most. One thing sticks out for me and that is posting here at first, I got things mixed up. I kept referring to Charles as being the Defender of Faith when he becomes King. (I know its Defender of the Faith now). In many ways, I think perhaps both terms are rignt. Charles is the most understanding and supportive of different faiths and their practices of any royal I've ever known.

He's also an accomplished author and painter. He's worked tirelessly to nurture and grow his Duchy of Cornwall much like he nurtures and grows his land around him to ensure they're sustainable and prosperous into future generations. He works tirelessly for the people that need it and has now reached a point in his life where, while still waiting to take on his biggest role of King, he's a happy, secure man in both this public and his private life with his darling "Gladys".

Yeps. You go Betsypaige!! As my generation used to say back in ancient times, "Sock It To Him!" :lol:

Thanks, guys! I just couldn’t let that go without a response - THIS is the kind of media coverage that everyone hates. I’m happy to say that the media seems rather fond of Charles as a whole - and seem to look upon him favorably (at least the media types and pundits I tend to read). As a result, it was a bit of a shock to read someone actually trashing him, lol.

Osipi, I just read today - when Googling - that Harry used time tease him for not knowing or caring about computers until he was in his 60’s, lol. It seems he was stuck in the past...yet somehow forward thinking with his interest in the environment, etc..

I’ve always been interested in the Royals, but even as a girl I was never into princesses. I always preferred Charles to Diana, and have always has a soft spot for him. It’s wonderful to see him emerge from almost like an awkward caterpillar stage into a butterfly, because you’re right, he’s something of a Renaissance man.
He does so many good things and has made much of what could be an awkward situation. He doesn’t want his mother to die, so how can he be useful just waiting? It’s wonderful to see how happy he is; Penny Junor is right - he’s so much more relaxed now, and frankly rather humorous. A big credit absolutely goes to Camilla ...”Gladys”, lol. His relationship with his parents is good....there’s very much right in his world now even with Harry in Canada.

I have followed Charles for most of his life. From the times before girls swooned and he blushed.

Being the POW is no picnic, there's no handbook for being the heir let alone the Duke of Cornwall with a Duchy to run. The last POW cleaned out the coffers and it only just broke even with it's farming which was where the bulk of the income came from.

Charles applied himself and learnt. He went head to head with the old brigade who had been running it since his uncle absconded having turned everything he legally could into cash.

Charles strived to improve the living conditions of his tenant farmer and encouraged innovation. When he purchased Highgrove it was an ugly Manor stuck in the middle of bare paddocks exposed to the elements an awful sort of a blot on the landscape. Now it is a microcosm of everything that Charles believes and, more importantly, achieved.

From organics to a self sufficiency that enabled him to improve the lives of the people of the Duchy. An event centre enables art and music, even a harpist (appointed for set periods of time) keeps the tradition of music alive. His green lifestyle is carbon offset as he flys with the requisite security the Met and the Foriegn service think he needs . . . . hell, he even takes RR's with him. Are the grateful? It seems not.

So there we are with a RR concerned only with column inches and his byline wittering about things he knows nothing about. Charles is there at the behest of the Government . . . a job that perhaps his father would have been tasked with decades ago. Charles doesn't even have to swot up for it. He knoes about Cimate Change and he knows about Economics, what's Wooton's excuse for being an uninformed and wilfully ignorant pillock?

Marg, thanks for that brilliant post! I wish I could say that Wootton is the exception, but now all of a sudden Charles is getting grief (albeit from minor mediots) about flying on private planes to Davos, etc... It’s almost as if people are looking to find something to pick on.

I think it’s remarkable what Charles has done as PoW - he’s been able to make a significant, meaningful impact out of his position, which, when you get right down to it, is all about waiting for your mother (or father) to die....which is brutal and which no one wants to do.

I’m happy to say that the media seems rather fond of Charles as a whole - and seem to look upon him favorably (at least the media types and pundits I tend to read). As a result, it was a bit of a shock to read someone actually trashing him, lol.

Charles has often had a hard time in the media and not just from tabloids. Serious journalists have been critical of his 'black spider memos' to government ministers and officials. Historians and social commentators have criticised him for being 'weak' or 'scheming' (depending on how they see it) for offering marriage to an innocent 19yr old caught up in a romantic infatuation while knowing he didn't love her and was in fact deeply in love with another woman. He's also been slammed for his 'interference' with building projects and his unwelcome influence on pushing homeopathy within the NHS. I have been very critical of him myself for all of the above, especially the last one (don't start me as this isn't the place for it).

However, he has many good points and I've always been rather fond of him as I know from some Duchy farmers that he is respected and I've always admired & agreed with his stance on the environment. I won't repeat Marg's post, I'll just say I agree with it.

The sniping from the sides about his environmental speeches is just pathetic noise, which might find an audience amongst some sections of society but it's a dwindling viewpoint and history will show Charles favourably as leader in this area.

Last edited:
I still think that when the time comes and Charles is king, he should be known as Charles the Green. That's bringing back a bit of the old tradition of defining a king/queen regnant. We have Alfred the Great, Edward the Confessor, William the Conqueror so why not Charles the Green? OK. I'm being fanciful here. ?

In regards to taking a private flight between Davos and Israel, it most likely was a necessity so Charles could be in both places and heard in both places. As far as the carbon footprints go, I kind of equate Charles taking a stance on climate change and the environment and sustainability reflected in the old saying "you have to spend money to make money". He got his message across in both places and without the air travel for him and his entourage, it may not have been possible to do both. In this case, I'd say the good done far outweighs any "bad" carbon footprints.

Charles has done a lot of things over the years that have drawn legitimate scrutiny from journalists, as Lilyflo has noted. There is no doubt in some cases he would have been wiser to have not done some of those things (Black Spider memos, etc.) but he has been consistently dedicated to working very, very hard for the nation and the Commonwealth, and he has been willing to be lampooned for a long time over his concerns for the environment because he felt it was an urgent problem that was not being taken seriously.

Weighed against that, his flying by private jet, considering his position and safety, is very small potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom