The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course i mean Chris. The nobels take my mind!! Thank you for this informations.

^ I wish Sofia would try an updo with a little fringe, hair not parted in the middle and with large curls piled on the top of her head. IMO, her little tiara would look much better that way.

A cool grey can look very elegant. However, I think that Madeleine's collar ruined her look. I didn't mind Sofia's gown at all and preferred it to yesterday's. It's a pity she's restricted at the moment to her wedding tiara.

The King's Dinner of the Nobels:

Victoria - recycled a favorite, complete with the Baden
Madeleine - no fan of this gown tonight. She looks like a saloon girl. Return of the Modern
Sofia - This dress is a near knock off of Madeleine's from the night before. The emeralds do not work with this dress; green stones do not go with everything. Why didn't the king and queen gift Sofia with a tiara made of diamonds and/or pearls - stones that go with practically everything?

Victoria looked lovely, tonight, Madeleine's gown was odd, but she always looks beautiful. Sofia gown yesterday was much more attractive, and her tiara is just plain ugly. Looks like a birthday tiara you buy as a joke for someone.

I don't know about anyone else, but the entire Nobel ceremony, banquets, etc. seem totally lacklustre. It can't be that every woman wore boringly flat gowns and jewels so I am blaming the latest photographic advancements.

True, their photo's may seem crisper and their long shots quite exceptional but the sparkling of threads, crystals and pearl beadwork and glowing of embroidery on truly amazing gowns and the glittering of beautiful jewels, both old and new, are missing. Everything seems almost one dimensional.

Take an early photo of Queen Silvia wearing the Connaught tiara.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/vickyandfritz/jewels/22.jpg

Versus Victoria this year.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...e35/12277507_729261560537093_1115613794_n.jpg

New kind of photos from last night, they are great
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Royals-Nobel-3_7.jpg
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Royals-Nobel-3_5.jpg
Madeleine Kogevinas yesterday evening
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Guests-NobelD_13.jpg

The whole gallery
Alla bilder från Kungamiddagen _ Svensk Damtidning

ROYAL: Style von Victoria, Madeleine, Sofia
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals bei Dinner des Königs für die Nobelpreisträger
ROYAL: Silvia und Carl Gustaf - stolze Gastgeber des Dinners im Schloss

The big part of the magic of the Nobel festivities for me is the music. The royal family arriving with the drums, the King's song starting and the family leaving the Nobel Ceremony with that great music, it is one of the highlights of the year for me.
And the procession to the Nobel Banquet with that great music is always so ceremonial, festive and grand.

What disappointed me this year, was the quality and selection of the photos from the Prize Ceremony and the Banquet.
What is also unbelievable, is how much the guests (not at the Table of Honour) used their mobile phones during the Banquet.

Video and gallery from Thursday from PurePeople
Victoria de Suède enceinte _ Radieuse avec la famille royale pour un grand dîner

According to the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper, the biggest scandal was a minor faux-pas which meant the king was last at his table to be served the sauce for the main course. “Embarrassing,” one of the waiters was said to have commented on the incident.
Glitz and glamour at Sweden's Nobel banquet - The Local

Gallery from Friday from PurePeople
Sofia et Victoria de Suède, enceintes et lumineuses, au dîner pour les Nobel

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a problem with Sofia's tiara or its placement, she looked very beautiful both days. I especially like the Friday's dress, it fits perfectly and has beautiful, fitting sleeves unlike Madeleine's dress on Thursday (which is my second favourite dress of the bunch). Hopefully she'll experiment more with her hair-dos in the future, for example, I would like to see how her lovely tiara looks leaning on a bun!

Victoria looked fine, although I don't personally like her shiny blue dress, nor queen Silvia's. But clearly they are comfortable wearing them, that's what matters. The Connaught tiara is stunningly beautiful, I'm glad Victoria decided to use it. Madeleine looks lovely in everything, though her second dress would have been better without the choking thing around her neck. Overall, I'm a little underwhelmed this year, beautiful dresses but nothing spectacular. No 5 points for anyone, 4 points for Madeleine and Sofia, 3 for Victoria and 2 for queen Silvia.

I was having theffeling that something went wrong behind the scenes as the kitchen didn'tappear organized:first the dishes for Victoria and Sofia, then this.... I mean, how could they don't know that Victoria was intollerant to lactose and that Sofia was a vegetarian?

Where's Sofia's Seraphim badge at the King's Dinner? Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have theirs on.

Is there any big HQ photo of Carl Philip from the banquet?! Something like this one with Daniel: http://media.shootitlive.com/FGbuaAH...expressen/2105

Something like this? http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Nobel+Prize+Banquet+2015+Stockholm+Klk1HyIuN7Px.jpg

Where's Sofia's Seraphim badge at the King's Dinner? Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have theirs on.

What about on her left side? Near her shoulder. Where the other women also have theirs.

do not worry, she also left side, like other

Exactly.

Do you mean the Grand Star, which is normally on women placed on the waist?
The photos take of Sofia were taken from the angle that the Grand Star wasn't seen. But on this photo you can see that she has both the Grand Star and the badge.
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Royals-Nobel-3_7.jpg

The Badge
The Badge consists of a white Maltese cross set in gold, in the centre of which is a blue medallion bearing the monogram of Christ "IHS" (Jesus Hominum Salvator - Jesus the Saviour of Mankind). The Badge is surmounted by a golden Royal crown, by which it is fastened to the collar or to a light blue moiré ribbon.
The Order of the Seraphim - Sveriges Kungahus

More info about the Grand Star and Badge of the Order of the Seraphim
www.ordersandmedals.net

Photos
Ebbas blogg _ Ebba Kleberg von Sydow » Victorias glittrande återanvändning
Kunglig glamour med kronprinsessan _ Åsas kungliga Europa
Prinsessan Christina – i en klass för sig _ Åsas kungliga Europa
Famille royale de Suède en photos - Victoria resplendissante future maman

Last edited:
Once these medals/orders are granted is it a requirement to wear them at official functions or is it a personal choice?

Once these medals/orders are granted is it a requirement to wear them at official functions or is it a personal choice?

It isn't a personal choice, it goes with the etiquette and sometimes the king decides how the Orders are worn. For example, at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel the king wore Orders with chains, at the weddings of Madeleine and Carl Philip not. The Order of the Seraphim is the most outstanding distinction in Sweden. All the members of the royal family wear the Order of the Seraphim, if the King wears it.
The members of the royal family wear the Order of the Seraphim plus the royal women wear the King's miniature portrait at the Nobel festivities, at the state visit banquets, at the official dinners hosted by the king, at the formal gatherings of the Royal Academies, at royal weddings etc. Some of these events are events where the tiaras are not worn, but the Order of the Seraphim is.
At the Nobel festivities king Carl Gustaf, Carl Philip and Daniel had also the Order of the Polar Star cross, on a black band around their neck. And various decorations in miniature.

Victoria's and Daniel's wedding has been the most festive event during the last years, then the king had:
The King is wearing the Order of the Seraphim and Order of Vasa on chains.
Around his neck The King wears the Order of the Sword, the Swedish military order.
The King is wearing two grand stars; the Swedish Order of the Seraphim's grand star at the top and the grand star of the Order of Vasa underneath.
On the chest (from inside outwards) The King will be wearing decorations in miniature: The Order of the Seraphim, Gustav V's Jubilee Order, Gustav VI Adolf's Commemorative Medal, the Order of the Sword, the Order of the Polar Star and the Order of Vasa.
The Royal Family's Attire - Sveriges Kungahus

Video of the guests arriving to the King's dinner
Se filmen från kungens middag för Nobelpristagarna _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and crown princess Victoria met today in Princess Sibylla's apartment representatives from the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, Laureates of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize.
Photo from court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/_T_zx_P8iT/?taken-by=kungahuset

Kungen och Kronprinsessan i möte med Tunisiska nationella kvartetten för dialog - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Kronprinsessan välkomnade fredspristagarna på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

Galleries
IBL Bildbyrå
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Carl Gustaf und Victoria empfangen die Nobelfriedenspreis Gewinner

The National Dialogue Quartet, winners of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize, were received, Tuesday, by King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Crown Princess Victoria, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
King Carl XVI Gustaf congratulated members of the National Dialogue Quartet, praising their role in the success of the democratic transition in Tunisia, “an experience that has inspired admiration the world over,” the Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA) said in a statement.
National Dialogue Quartet received by King of Sweden

Some of the Nobel Diplomas
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize...7205881&size=2048,1568&fbid=10153262419714103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize...6DEB28A&size=2048,1568&fbid=10153265599354103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize...6D65924&size=2048,1568&fbid=10153263908774103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize...6E4F185&size=2048,1568&fbid=10153262502684103

Last edited:
Column of Olivia Svenson in Aftonbladet

Dress of 82 000 - someone has lost the concept
What would you do if you suddenly got SEK 82,000?
I know what Princess Sofia would do. The midnight blue dress with an "embroidered neckline of crystal sequins" that she wore at the Nobel banquet cost namely exactly SEK 82,161, according to designer Oscar de la Renta's website. The dress got five pluses from Aftonbladet's fashion expert, and certainly was good looking. Stylish, and quite absurd super expensive.
And now I sit here and feel a bit provoked and need to breathe into a paper bag. Although:
1. The royals are known to have a black belt in luxury consumption, which means that diamond watches, sports cars and haute couture creations are crowded together at the palace.
2. Nobel banquet is the event of the year that might require the finest finery.
3. Sofia is something of a charity queen, she is for example the co-founder of Project Playground.
4. She might want to be able to do what she wants with her money without anyone to mess and write indignant columns on the subject.
Never mind that the 82 000 SEK is what a grown man is expected to pay for food during a two year period - French sewing art and emerald tiaras is fun. The royals must be able to glitter, if they are like us the whole point is lost. More glitter to Sofia!
Or I state the following: Someone has lost the concept and the only reasonable solution would be that all the princes and princesses would be in second-hand clothes at the next Nobel. Not that it is necessarily more beautiful. But because it would be a little more modern.
Klänning för 82 000 – någon har tappat konceptet _ Olivia Svenson _ Kolumnister _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

:previous: Ph, poor "queen's charity" for such a criticism that she doesn't deserve... Shame on that...:whistling:

Very nice to see the group photo. Last year, Victoria & Daniel did a family pic with Estelle on the 2nd Nobel day. I wouldn't mind if they turned this into a regular thing and have new family pics each year.

Very nice to see the group photo. Last year, Victoria & Daniel did a family pic with Estelle on the 2nd Nobel day. I wouldn't mind if they turned this into a regular thing and have new family pics each year.

Yes, it would be great if the court would publish a formal family photo taken at the Nobel banquet every year.
In 2011 the photo agencies published photos of Victoria and Daniel posing at the same place at the City Hall:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The Nobel Prize 2016

It's quite a while until the Nobel Day, 10th December, but this week some of the Nobel laureates have been presented.

To date:
Nobel Prize in Physics
Awarded to David J. Thouless (1/2 share of the prize), United Kingdom, F. Duncan M. Haldane (1/4 share), United Kingdom and J. Michael Kosterlitz (1/4 share), United Kingdom

"for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter".

Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, France, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart, USA and to Bernard L. Feringa, the Netherlands (all 1/3 share of the prize)

"for the design and synthesis of molecular machines".

Nobel Prize in Medicine or Physiology
Awarded to Yoshinori Ohsumi, Japan

"for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy"

Nobel Peace Prize
Awarded to Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia

"for his resolute efforts to bring the country's more than 50-year-long civil war to an end".

Nobel Prize in Literature
To be announced: Thursday 13 October, 1 pm CET (at the earliest)

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in memory of Alfred Nobel
To be announced: Monday 10 October, 11:45 am CET (at the earliest)

Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, France, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart, USA and to Bernard L. Feringa, the Netherlands (all 1/3 share of the prize)

"for the design and synthesis of molecular machines".

I wonder if a Dutch laureate means that we'll see Dutch Royals in Stockholm on 10th December?

... [snipped]Nobel Prize in Medicine or Physiology
Awarded to Yoshinori Ohsumi, Japan

"for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy" ... [snipped]
Congratulations to Mr Ohsumi!

Back
Top Bottom