The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Svensk Damtidning wrote that Sofia got a tiara as her 30th birthday present from Carl Philip. She could have got it but was enough wise not to wear it before she really is married with Carl Philip. Maybe she got the tiara and we will see it on her wedding day.

Se Sofias Nobeldebut! Åsas kungliga Europa
Stor kunglig uppslutning på årets Nobel Svensk Damtidning
Kungligheternas alla vackra juveler! Svensk Damtidning

Is it official then that she will wear a brand new tiara on her wedding ceremony ?

Is it official then that she will wear a brand new tiara on her wedding ceremony ?

No, it is not official. Svensk Damtidning which wrote about the tiara as a birthday present, is a gossip magazine, but it knows often things about Sofia. We will see. And even though she would have got a tiara, she can still wear some of the family tiaras...

Victoria and Madeleine both look gorgeous! Absolute perfection. Queen Silvia, ok, but not one of my favorite Nobel looks for her. But that dress of Sofia's!:eek:! WAAAY too much cleavage, way to tight and way to many sequins. The best thing I can say is that the designer added a sequined applique in the back strategically located to cover her tattoo. I read on another board that CP bought Sofia her very own tiara for her birthday. I am glad we will not be seeing the Royal tiara on her head at the wedding. Just my humble opinion, of course.

i love madeleine's dress, although the rest of the ladies looked rather disappointing. however, a bit of a mention to sofia: although i didn't like her dress, or the fact that her clevage shows too much (seems like the swedish royal family should give her a bit of guidance... anything seems to be okay!) i thought she looked rather put together. victoria's huge skirt is a bit much, and silvia's dress looked badly fitted IMO.

I find it very...ahem, interesting, that CP & Sofia walked in together and are next to each other, when Madeleine & Jonas were not in 2009.

Vickan's dress looks awfully big to sit in.

When Victoria does an updo, that girl does it right!

The royal ladies' and Sofia's hairdo
Stjärnfrisören – de hade snyggast frisyrer Mode Expressen

The menu of the Nobel banquet
Nobel Banquet Menu 2014

it appears that Sofia may be wearing the Pink Topaz Brooch in her hair:

DN direktrapporterar från Nobelfesten - DN.SE (photo #12)

The brooch on Sofia's hair
https://media.shootitlive.com/Oyq5Vk2qijR1qOH44WW4FSOtpNw/1200.jpg?project_id=scanpix/42

The expert just said on SVT that Pär Engsheden is the designer of Victoria's dress (he designed Victoria's wedding dress). And Ida Sjöstedt has designed Sofia's dress.

Also Expressen's fashion editor has given points to the royal outfits, also to men:
Victoria 5, Carl Philip 5, Madeleine 4, Daniel 4, king Carl Gustaf 4, queen Silvia 3, Chris 3, Sofia 2
https://www.expressen.se/mode/prinsessan-madeleine---nobels-stilvinnare/

Last edited by a moderator:
The editor-in-chief of Swedish Elle reports that all dresses of three younger Royal ladies are Swedish design.

Crown Princess - Pär Engsheden
Prrincess Madeleine - Fadi El Khoury
Sofia Hellkvist - Ida Sjöstedt

The expert just said on SVT that Pär Engsheden is the designer of Victoria's dress (he designed Victoria's wedding dress). And Ida Sjöstedt has designed Sofia's dress.

Also Expressen's fashion editor has given points to the royal outfits, also to men:
Victoria 5, Carl Philip 5, Madeleine 4, Daniel 4, king Carl Gustaf 4, queen Silvia 3, Chris 3, Sofia 2
Prinsessan Madeleine - Nobels stilvinnare? | Mode | Expressen

I wondered about Ida Sjöstedt for Sofia! I emailed them already so if I get a reply I will post it.

Just found this on Instagram. Instagram Looks confirmed to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there better pics of Madeleine's dress?

Prinsessan Madeleine - Nobels stilvinnare? | Mode | Expressen

I do share expressen´s opinion about tonight´s outfits. I was almost speechless when I first saw CPss Victoria! Never seen such a beautiful and royal dress for a long, long time!!! Only white long operagloves are missing, IMO.
Sofia never fails to disappoint me... The skirt is fine, but the top looks like one from a Moulin-Rouge-showgirl, simply cheap.

Love Victoria's look tonight although I wish she would wear the hair style she had for her pre-wedding concert. My 'Sil looked a bit under the weather tonight although she always shines with those jewels!

Loved, loved, loved Madeleine's dress and amethyst jewels. As for Sofia ... oh well ... her hair looked nice and let's hope she wears that style for her wedding.

I love all the royal ladies gowns! Every one. How does one get invited over to play dress up?

It's an attractive hairstyle on all three.

I don't want to go on that site because of its past hacking issues. Can somebody please post pics of the 4 royal ladies+ the gold lady? Perhaps Royal order of sartorial splendor? Thanks!

All royal ladies and man looks magnificent.

Love the jewelry especially Queen Silvia's

Will Victoria ever do anything with her hair other than just scrape it back really tightly? It looks painful.

If even Bunte is not happy with Sofia's dress, that must mean it was really awful. The top looks indeed like an ice skaters suit. It seems that the dress was much cheaper than those of her in-laws, the materials used were not too great. Her hair looked good though and I liked that she tried to play with some jewels. Although it is nice to seat the lovebirds together for the press, I am not sure if it is a nice thing for the people sitting next to them. I am always in favor of splitting couple's up at dinner parties.

Victoria: you expect her to lose a glass slipper on the stair case and her carriage to turn into a pumpkin at any minute. Very Disney princess, the dress looks like something Silvia could have worn in 1995. IMHO the styling & jewels save the look. Nice to see the Baden fringe again and nice to see her for the first time with the diamond cross. The tiara may have looked nicer on a softer hairdo.

Silvia: love the sapphires. She should never wear anything else. In real life the parure must be amazing to see. The dress: let's hope she will never recycle it.

Madeleine: best dressed for me. The fabric seems rich and the dress feels young and 'now'. The cut is not so flattering, but who knows what the reason is for that. Love the amethysts!

Pss Christina: always a joy to see her. She is the only one who can pull of the Button tiaras.

Last edited:
Although it is nice to seat the lovebirds together for the press, I am not sure if it is a nice thing for the people sitting next to them. I am always in favor of splitting couple's up at dinner parties.

According to Swedish etiquette you seat unmarried couples together at dinner parties so I'm sure it wasn't just done for the press.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

According to Swedish etiquette you seat unmarried couples together at dinner parties so I'm sure it wasn't just done for the press.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

But like we have previously talked, engaged couple Madeleine and Jonas were separated in 2009. Where was the etiquette then? Madeleine sat in the middle of the table and Jonas in the end with Bettina Bernadotte.

Victoria von Schweden So schön sah sie noch nie aus! BUNTE.de
Royals Schweden Zwei noble Debüts GALA.DE GALA.DE

La familia real sueca llena de glamour los premios Nobel

It was a false information at Svensk Damtidning's article comments about that Carl Philip would have given Sofia a tiara. Svensk Damtidning doesn't mention that. I don't know if the writer made a joke or has heard another rumour.

Last edited:
Although it is nice to seat the lovebirds together for the press, I am not sure if it is a nice thing for the people sitting next to them. I am always in favor of splitting couple's up at dinner parties.
Why? I don't see why that is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom