The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that this descition that Daniel will be home seems a little strange, all swedes could see him on tv just a little time ago at the concert for UN child convention, makes it a bit strange that that would be ok and the Nobel not. Maybe they want Daniel to make his Nobel debute next year when he´s had a little more experience, but then they should have saved Jonas another year too... Well we will see on Thursday - I can´t wait it´s one of my favorite days of the year :flowers:

Is there a link where we can watch this ceremony online??

According to Svensk Damtidning, Daniel Westling will be at Victoria´s side at the Kings Dinner for the Laureates on Friday.
Jonas Bergström kommer på Nobelfesten – men inte Daniel | Svensk Damtidning

The informationchef of the court, Nina Eldh, says that Daniel is very well, but at the flu times it is better to be careful. Compared to the UN concert a couple of weeks ago - there was only a concert, Nobel festivities are much longer, they last for several hours and there are a lot more people than at the concert. Daniel´s kidney transplant does not make him more receptive to such as swine flu. But the consequences may be far more serious for people with kidney transplant than for "normal" people, says Antonio Barragan, Chief of the Infectious Diseases Institute.
Westling stoppas från Nobelfesten | Victoria gifter sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Lady Finn, thank you for the clarification regarding Daniel- I am glad he will be there at the Kings dinner to support Victoria. Additionally, I feel he cannot be too careful with this immune system, the risk, in this case, outweighs the benifit of having him there for the extended program, IMO.

well thet are making thing really clear , i feel sorry for victoria after waiting all this time to be engaged she still have some obstacles to be with her fiance

If the spouses of the winners attend, it will be interesting to see Mrs. Obama in this setting.

If the spouses of the winners attend, it will be interesting to see Mrs. Obama in this setting.
This will be interesting to see - but at the Nobel Peace Prize Awards in Oslo/Norway in the morning of the 10th, definitely not at the Nobel Award Ceremony in Stockholm/Sweden in the early evening of the 10th. ;)
In Stockholm, the spouses and sometimes the whole families of the laureates do attend the ceremony and following banquet.

Last night crown princess Victoria was present at the Nobel Prize Concert, which Nobel Media AB organised in partnership with the Stockholm Concert Hall. The soloist was Martha Argerich, piano. The Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra was led by Yuri Temirkanov, Music Director and Principal Conductor of the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra. The programme comprised Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Major and Prokofiev's Suite from Romeo and Juliet. All the Nobel Laureates were present.
Victoria leaving after the concert:
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

You can watch the concert here:
SVT Play/Nobelkonserten

Jenny Alexandersson writes in her "Hovbloggen" in Aftonbladet, that Jonas Bergström will sat beside countess Bettina Bernadotte at the Nobel banquet.
Jonas Bergström och den tatuerade grevinnan - Hovbloggen - Aftonbladet

And here is the Table of Honor of the Nobel Banquet:
Table of Honor - The Nobel Banquet in Stockholm 2009

Last edited:
Interesting to see the table seating arrangement. Thanks for posting this.

:previous:

Daniel Westling is not attending, as was mentioned at the bottom of the previous page, confirmed by the royal court.

:previous:

Daniel Westling is not attending, as was mentioned at the bottom of the previous page, confirmed by the royal court.

Ahhh I think I must have read the words wrong. Thank you JessRulz.
I hope we see him next year then. :flowers:

They probably move somewhat closer, esp. Daniel, but they will still stay spreaded between the guests, as is the custom. Please note that the husband of princess Christina is also seated far away from te center of the table, as is Countess Marianne Bernadotte (and even princess Christina herself).

I loved the seating chart for the table of honor at the nobel peace prize dinner, thanks for posting it. To me, this is very interesting. Cant wait to see all the photos in the next day.....

Princess Madeleine has a new tiara.

Yes the four button tiara
Victoria: six button tiara, anmethyst necklace
Siliva: nine pronge tiara, diamond necklace
Christine: cut steel tiara

Ladies look great! It seems that Victoria and Madeleine have new dresses! Victoria has a purple one and Madeleine a green one.
Victoria's dress looks really beautiful! I haven't seen quite well Madeleine's one!

Jonas is sitting front row, not with the royal family but with the king's sister.

Today I was thinking "CP will wear purple dress" and volia :) She looks great.
Does Madeleine wear a Carl Gustaw's tiara as a necklace??

Ladies look great! It seems that Victoria and Madeleine have new dresses! Victoria has a purple one and Madeleine a green one.
Victoria's dress looks really beautiful! I haven't seen quite well Madeleine's one!

Jonas is sitting front row, not with the royal family but with the king's sister.

Madeleines dress reminds on Queen Silvias black and white 1993 ....
and she put the 4 rosettes kind of IN her hair in a v nice way...

And I wonder if the fact that the princesses are wearing the rosettes tonight, means we will not see them at the weddings???

Victoria looks Amazing in that dress Wonder what the back of the dress looks like

Photo galleries
BelgaPicture
Daylife

Jonas Bergström
IBL Bildbyrå

"Victoria stole the show"
Victoria stal showen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Startskottet har gått – nu njuter vi av Nobelfesten | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam

Hola! Brillante gala de los Premios Nobel en Estocolmo

Arriving to the banquet:
DN
DN

Photos from the banquet:
Getty Images

Crown princess Victoria is clearly the Queen of this evening. Madeleine is ok, but nothing special. But the big dissappoinment is Queen Silvia, her dress doesn´t suit the Nobel festivities at all.
It has been great to watch live these two great events tonight. I especially enjoyed the great music at the Award Ceremony.

Photos from the banquet
Gallery from IBL Bildbyrå

Victoria och Madeleine strålade ikapp… | Svensk Damtidning

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom