The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will cheer along with all those who did so for the princesses youthful and fresh look:wub:. I wonder how QSilvia feels about being outshone by her daughters:nonono:

I think I remember Silvia saying in an interview a few years ago that it was a strange feeling when her daughters started to "take over" Swedish magazine covers. Of course she is proud of her daughters, but I'm sure it makes her feel old.

On Monday evening the royal couple and crown princess attend the Nobelconcert.

SVT send live. svt.se - Play landningssida
Unfortunately we saw pictures of this event. On last minutes (1.10.36 and 1.11.07min) of the concert the camera stopped by the royal guests.

Who can made screen shots of this moments and give us the links. Many thanks for help!

Victoria was stunning!!!!!!!!!._
An exceptional appearance, one of her best if not THE best.

However, I did not like Madeleine. Has she taken up kilos?...?

Here's another nice gallery from bunte.de

The caption says: "The most beautiful guest came from Hollywood"
meaning Scarlett Johansson who attended the dinner in Oslo.

-----> Picture Link

Thanks for the photos of Queen Silvia during the luncheon. I have thought that she has looked absolutely beautiful throughout all of the Nobel events. I disagree with the Bunte caption about the most beautiful dinner guest. I think that the women of the Swedish royal family were as beautiful as Scarlett Johansson.

I think the royal of women of Sweden looked great - except for Madeleine's dress at the actual ceremony. I agree with everyone who said the bolero did not look good.

I loved the way Victoria looked at the dinner at the Palace. She looks great with her hair down! She should do it more often.

I am in love ith Victoria's second gown. It suited her amazingly, and she looked radiant.

Victoria looked perfect,liked to see her in that edition much more often!!

I agree with everyone who said that Victoria looks wonderful. Her dress reminds me Mathilde and Mary's dresses. It was much better than her pink dress. More like this one please. Maybe I would change her hair - little higher...
Madeleine's hair look fabulous with rose. Her dress reminds me dresses which she's ore prevoius (similar cut).
Silvia lady with tiara hich first dress I like more than the second.

Victoria was stunning!!!!!!!!!._
An exceptional appearance, one of her best if not THE best.

completely agree. victoria looked spectacular. this has got to be my favourite ever of her gala dresses. the hair, the jewels and her lovely dress make an amazing outfit. she looks absolutely gorgeous, regal, feminine and elegant.

queen silvia and princess victoria looked so beautiful during the nobel peace prize ceremony and the gala:flowers:,princess madeleine looked as beautiful as ever during the gala but with a less flattering dress during the peace prize ceremony....the whole family looked wonderful and elegant..they take my applause, as always..with an extra special applause to princess victoria who looked extra extra elegant from top to bottom.:flowers:

Peace is a great prize

Innovative solutions will help here too.

Peace,

E-T

The Nobel Prize 2009

The Nobel Prizes of 2009

The winners of the five Nobel Prizes awarded in Sweden will be announced over the course of this week.​

Physiology/Medicine: Monday October 5th at 09:30GMT
Physics: Tuesday October 6th at 09:45GMT
Chemistry: Wednesday October 7th at 09:45GMT
Literature: Thursday October 8th at 11:00GMT
Prize in Economic Sciences: Monday October 12th at 11:00GMT​

The awards ceremony will take place, as it does each year, on December 10th in Stockholm, with the prizes being presented by HM King Carl XVI Gustaf.

Please remember the TRF Rules and FAQ when posting.

Last edited:
:previous:

Elizabeth Blackburn was actually born in Australia (down in Tasmania), making her the first Australian female to win a Nobel :) Also, Jack Szostak was born in England.

Congratulations to all three though :flowers: Such a remarkable honour for their work.

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2009

3 share 2009 Nobel physics prize

STOCKHOLM – The 2009 Nobel Prize in physics has been awarded to Charles K. Kao, Willard S. Boyle and George E. Smith for breakthroughs involving the transmission of light in fiber optics and inventing an imaging semiconductor circuit.

3 share 2009 Nobel physics prize - Yahoo! News

Physics 2009

Last edited:
I love the awards ceremony in December, and cant wait to see photos of this years event. Only a couple of months away, I cant believe it. Thanks for keeping us updated on the puplished winners this week.

And today at 13.00 its time for Peter Englund to show up behind the grey door in Börshuset and tell us about the prize in litterature...

Peter Englund is the new permanent secretary of Svenska Akademien and he is a brilliant autor! ( Peter Englund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I think its a bad thing he now is one of the 18 in Svenska Akademien, bacause that means HE is not going to get the prize...:whistling:
When Englund became the new permanent secretary (and public face) of the SA he unfortantly closed his wonderful blog down... you can still read it (if you understand Swedish :D or have good translator stuff....)here: Peter Englunds blogg

And the winner is: Herta Müller

And today at 13.00 its time for Peter Englund to show up behind the grey door in Börshuset and tell us about the prize in litterature...

Peter Englund is the new permanent secretary of Svenska Akademien and he is a brilliant autor! ( Peter Englund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
I think its a bad thing he now is one of the 18 in Svenska Akademien, bacause that means HE is not going to get the prize...:whistling:
When Englund became the new permanent secretary (and public face) of the SA he unfortantly closed his wonderful blog down... you can still read it (if you understand Swedish :D or have good translator stuff....)here: Peter Englunds blogg

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2009

The Nobel Prize in Literature:
Literature 2009

Germany's Müller wins 2009 Nobel literature prize
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) – German writer Herta Mueller won the 2009 Nobel prize for literature, the award committee said on Thursday.
Article

_____

Tomorrow the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize will be announced.
You can find out more in a seperate thread in the Norwegian Forums:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/nobel-peace-prize-2009-a-25021.html

Last edited:
Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences

The winners are Elinor Ostrom (USA) "for her analysis of economic governance, especially the commons", and Oliver E. Williamson (USA) "for his analysis of economic governance, especially the boundaries of the firm".

Economics 2009

I would love to be there when Nobels will be given. It's wonderful thing win that prizes more than sth else. And meet Swedish royal family... Dream.

Now that CP Victoria and P Madeleine are engaged does that mean we will see Daniel & Jonas at the banquet? Or do they have to be married? What is the Custom?

It is one of the most important events for the Swedish Royal family so I think it's a small chance that you'll see them at the dinner. But if they are I don't think they'll be sitting next to the princesses at the head table instead sit with other important people, like the government at a side table.

At an article in Aftonbladet president of the Nobel Foundation, Michael Sohlman, tells that Jonas Bergström will participate at the Nobel festivities, but Daniel Westling is still recovering from his kidney transplant operation and his doctors have advised him not to participate because of the risks of infection.
Årets Nobelfest blir sagolik | Inrikes | TT | Senaste nytt | Aftonbladet

This is actually a rather weird decision.
Daniel Westling has been on a skiining holiday in Austria with his fiancée last week, he attended the UN jubilee concert, and he went several times to see sports matches in stadiums packed with people.
Either he did suffer a relapse in some form, or the reason for his non-attendance is a completely different one.
It would have been very wise of the Bernadotte press department to issue a statement on their own saying that following tradition, the fiancés (both) do not attend the Nobel festivities until after the wedding(s).
This would have prevented any speculation.
I just hope that Jonas Bergström will not be seated on stage with the other family members during the ceremony; such an image of a 'lonely', unaccompanied CP Victoria is the last thing the Bernadottes need right now. All the European gossip rags have been provided with their Nobel story now anyway, about 'sick Daniel and sad Victoria'.
Not the best way to handle things, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom