The Late Princess Grace

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Grace and Julia!

Welcome to the forum Grace!

I had no idea that Caroline was close to any of her American cousins. I knew that she and Albert had both spent time in the states when they were younger, but I had no idea that Caroline was close to any member of her mother's family. I guess that we really do learn something new everyday (or at least every week :D ). Does any one have any pictures of Caroline, Stephanie, or Albert with their cousins?

I'm sorry, I don't have any picture of the Grimaldi with their cousins and I was very surprised too when I read Lizanne's words about her daughter and Caroline, but remember Grace, Rainier and their children used to spend almost any summer in the States during the 60s...thanks again for the reply...what about the pic of Caro's wedding with Junot? I'm so curious... :p ...
Kisses

I am going to try and scan the article written by Curtis Bill Pepper on Princess Grace in the December 1971 Christmas gala issue of Vogue. Here is the Princesse de Monaco "gracing" the cover.... ;)

Cover is described as follows: "H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco: the cool, impeccable blond-ness, the remarkably blue eyes - now, as in her Grace Kelly days, a standard by which classic American good looks are measured. (More about Princess Grace, her family, and her life in Monaco, starting on page 108)...The magnificent blaze of diamonds, from Van Cleef & Arpels."

Grace's famous profile as captured by Snowdon....

The living area of the palace that Grace redecorated....

wonderful photo of Albert as a young boy....

Caroline's profile captured by Snowdon...she is 14 in this photo...

Ok, my attempts to scan the Vogue article have been fruitless... :lol: I will have to type it up later!

Attachments

• GraceVogue.jpg
    GraceVogue.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 898
  • GraceVogue2.2.jpg
    GraceVogue2.2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • GraceVogue3.jpg
    GraceVogue3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 797
  • GraceVogue4.jpg
    GraceVogue4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 640
  • GraceVogue5.jpg
    GraceVogue5.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 762
I'm kinda new here...so hello everyone (I didn't say that in my first post, sorry).

Anyways, I just wanted to say how gorgeous Grace looks in those pictures. And to think that magazine was only a dollar. Wow, times surely have changed.

Caroline looks so pretty too. Wow, thanks for these wonderful scans. I wish my scanner was that good!

Hello MihoshiMarie! Welcome!

It is amazing that Vogue cost only a dollar back then, isn't it?? Looking back at issues like the one Grace was featured in makes me think that the magazine has gone down-hill. I am not as impressed with it now as I look back at what was published then! :(

Your most welcome for the scans...the photos by Snowdon are gorgeous!

Caroline looks just like Charlotte in that picture!

Isn't it amazing, Sylvia? In that photo it could be Charlotte or it could be Caroline! Truly amazing!

wow...such wonderful pics! Caroline and Charlotte are so alike!

Thanks. I wonder if Caroline and Charlotte go shopping together or something like that, or help eachother dress for official events. I can't do that w/my mom cos we don't look alike.

They are both so pretty. I think Vogue has way too much ads nowadays. I bought an issue in March of 2002 and roughly half of the magazine was all advertisements.

As Princess Grace grew older she highlighted her hair less and less (at least in her 40s) and then began highlighting again in her late 40's early 50s.

w/ even darker hair....(the Bain du Mer Tiara could be taken apart and used as brooches. Grace wear one part of the tiara as one here)

NOTE: *photos were scanned from magazines and books*

with slightly darker hair and wearing glasses...

Portrait

Grace and Rainier

Lord Snowdon's famous portrait of Grace

www.rexfeatures.com

From Danjel's site....

Hey galisteo!

I also thought that Grace must have gone through a brunette phase because of fashionability of many famous brunettes. Maybe they did have something to do with her allowing her hair to get darker but Grace was naturally a light brunette. She was blond when she was little but her hair got to be much darker. So, the color you see her sporting is her natural color. :)

Pss Grace as a dark blond or light brunette.

Attachments

• GraceWdarkHair.jpg
    GraceWdarkHair.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,856
  • GraceinGlasses.jpg
    GraceinGlasses.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 580
  • GracePortrait.jpg
    GracePortrait.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 908
  • GraceWhiteGloves3.jpg
    GraceWhiteGloves3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 831
  • GraceDarkHair.jpg
    GraceDarkHair.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 348
  • GraceMonaco.jpg
    GraceMonaco.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 832
  • GracePersepolis.jpg
    GracePersepolis.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 836
  • GraceDarkHair.jpg
    GraceDarkHair.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,585
  • GraceTiara.jpg
    GraceTiara.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,425
Grace photographed by Jean Howard for Vogue

in her signature white gloves....

Attachments

• grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 569
  • GraceWhiteGloves2.jpg
    GraceWhiteGloves2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 961
Wow! I never saw this post before, so hopefully others will benefit from the beautiful pictures found by Julia, too. I espescially like the first picture. I'm adding a few more, but alas, not as stunning or exquisite as the ones previously posted.

www.ibl.sehttp://www.ibl.se

Attachments

• MO_grace_500.jpg
    MO_grace_500.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • MO_grace_501.jpg
    MO_grace_501.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,344
  • MO_grace_502.jpg
    MO_grace_502.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,309
Alexandria, the photo of Grace in the beige halter dress is wonderful! Thank you for posting it and btw, the first photo (one of my very favorites of Grace), is now an avatar thanks to Mr. Bear....hint, hint. ;)

Grace and Cary Grant on the set of "To Catch a Thief"

photo from www.rexfeatures.com

Grace photographed by Philippe Halsman...

Interesting photo of Princess Grace on the set of "The Swan"

Grace at a gala...

Princess Grace and King Juan Carlos at a gala

Grace a day or two before her wedding to Rainier

Grace as a young model

Attachments

• GraceCary.jpg
    GraceCary.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 599
  • GraceHalsman.2.jpg
    GraceHalsman.2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,406
  • GraceProfile5.jpg
    GraceProfile5.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 614
  • RoyalBrides.jpg
    RoyalBrides.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,561
  • GraceJuanCarlos.jpg
    GraceJuanCarlos.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • GraceBio.jpg
    GraceBio.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,534
  • graceModel.jpg
    graceModel.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,304
The picture of Princess Grace in the brilliant red dress dated Nov. 21, 1:54 is gorgeous! So absolutely glamourous of Grace.

www.ibl.se - MOGAMBO, Clark Gable, Grace Kelly, 1953 © Everett Collection / IBL

(I don't know if these are quite "favourite" but they are nice pictures of Grace, pre-Princess of Monaco days.)

www.ibl.se - MOGAMBO, Ava Gardner, Clark Gable, Grace Kelly, 1953 © Everett Collection / IBL

Attachments

• grace_1.jpg
    grace_1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,304
  • grace_2.jpg
    grace_2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,291
Great photos from Mogambo, Alexandria! Thank you for posting them!

www.ibl.se - Grace Kelly, 1954 © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - Grace Kelly, 1956 © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - GRACE KELLY taking a break during TO CATCH A THIEF, 1955 © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - GRACE KELLY © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - Grace Kelly, 1968 © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - HIGH SOCIETY, Grace Kelly, 1956 © Everett Collection / IBL

www.ibl.se - TO CATCH A THIEF, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, 1955. © Everett Collection / IBL

Attachments

• MO_grace_500.jpg
    MO_grace_500.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • MO_grace_501.jpg
    MO_grace_501.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • MO_grace_502.jpg
    MO_grace_502.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,429
  • MO_grace_503.jpg
    MO_grace_503.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • MO_grace_505.jpg
    MO_grace_505.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,387
  • MO_grace_506.jpg
    MO_grace_506.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,307
  • MO_grace_502a.jpg
    MO_grace_502a.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,169
I've been wondering are the royal family still keep in touch with Princess Grace's relatives in the USA? It seems no pictures of the two families together.

Hi Christie,

I have heard in interviews about Grace that Caroline keeps in touch w/ her aunt Lizanne LeVine (Grace's sister) and is very good friends w/ her cousin Grace LeVine (don't know her married name). I also gathered that Albert is fairly close to his American cousins but of course I don't know for sure.

Several of the "Kelly Cousins" live in Monaco. The Starz and Barz (I'm not sure I spelled it correctly) or Jimmy's in Monte Carlo (I forget which) is owned and operated by some of the Kelly relations. Caroline, Stephanie and Albert are all close to their American cousins. Albert and one of his male cousins (LizAnne's son) spent most of their free time together during college when Albert was at Amherst.

I actually read more about them and their relatives from Grace's side than of any relations from Rainier's side. I think they were much more close to the children of Grace's sisters than the children of Princess Antionette. You must remember that the Grimaldi relatives were unbelievably cruel to Grace during her marriage to Rainier.

Brandissma you say that the, "Grimaldi relatives were unbelievably cruel to Grace during her marriage to Rainier." :huh: I didn't know that? Why was that? Do you know?

Thanks,
Nicole

I read in one of the posts that Princess Grace was given a difficult time by Prince Rainier's family when she married him.... I haven't heard of that story yet, can someone narrate it? Thanks!!

;)

Grace with Albert & Caroline

Attachments

• Grace_Kelly_parte_com_os_filhos_Carolina_e_Alberto.JPG
    Grace_Kelly_parte_com_os_filhos_Carolina_e_Alberto.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,149
Tina, I believe that's Albert & Stephanie. It's a delightful photo--thanks!

Margaret Kelly , Jack Kelly , Grace Kelly

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,145
I managed to catch bits and pieces of the show (I taped it, so I'll be able to watch it in its entirety later). It was really touching at some points, especially the footage of Albert and Caroline crying at Princess Grace's funeral.

On a side note: I do have to say that I was very happy, because, *drumroll please*, I finally got to hear Albert speak!!!!!! :clap: That's not at all how I thought he'd sound though. His voice is so, quiet, so little (maybe because of the topic: his mother) but so so SO cute. LUV HIM :heart: :heart:

Hi Lyonnaise, :)

I also caught bits and pieces of the show and was also touched by the images from Pss Grace's funeral. I was also interested by the fact that everyone on the panel, especially Rita Gam, denied that Grace ever wanted to marry Oleg Cassini! They also denied that she was ever terribly unhappy as a princess. :blink: I know a great deal in many of the books written on her was not always accurate but I cannot believe that every author was incorrect in saying that she wasn't a very happy woman or that she wasn't terribly eager to marry Cassini.

Overall it was a good program but not quite what I had expected. I was hoping for a little more information.

Did you hear her sister saying Grace hated to drive and was a horrible driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom