The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definately not. Christian de Massy (no De Massey) is the son of Princess Antoinette and Alexandre-Athenase Noghès. Christine-Alix was his younger sister. Wrong side of the family-Christian has no Kelly blood in him whatsoever.[/QUOTE

He is related to Rainier, I know he is not a Kelly. Guess I interpreted it wrong, I assumed you meant some connection to Grace and Christian de Massey was connected to Grace through Rainier.

Sebastian is the son of Charles Wayne Knecht, the grandson of Richard Wayne Knecht and Evelyn Elaine Cruice, and the great-grandson of Joseph John Cruice and Mary A. Kelly. Mary was John Brendan Kelly's older sister. Charles Wayne Knecht is 66 years old and lives in Bryn Mawr with his wife, Naomi. Elaine was apparently married twice and divorced twice as there was no mention of either of her husbands in her obituary. Her first husband, Richard W. Knecht, died on 25 September 2005 in Fort Washington, PA at the age of 92. He was survived by his wife, Suzanne, his son, Wayne Knecht, and his daughter, Paula Brill. Elaine E. Beyer died on 17 May 2007at her home in Stuart, FL at the age of 86. She was preceded in death by her parents, Joseph Cruice and Mary Kelly Cruice. She was survived by a daughter, Paula Jones, of Havertown, PA and a son, Wayne Knecht, of Bryn Mawr, PA.

Just to add more info:

Evelyn Elaine Cruice was the sister of Grace Constance Cruice Lehman,the mother of former US Secretary of the Navy,John Lehman.So, Sebastian's father and John Lehman are first cousins.

Source: Command of the Seas,John Lehman's auto-biography.

Command of the Seas - John F. Lehman - Google Books

Last edited:
agogo; [B said:
Lizanne Kelly Levine [/B](sister to PG)
Born 1933( she is presently living in a nursing home)
Donald Levine (husband) (deceased)
Grace Levine Packer, (daughter) died October 1999 of cancer. She was divorced from Mr. Packer. After the divorce, Mr. Packer married Grace Levine’s cousin, Meg Davis Roe (the daughter of Peggy Kelly, Grace Kellys' sister.) Meg Davis divorced her husband, Richard Roe, to marry Mr. Packer. Grace Levine Packer never had any children
Christopher Levine, (Son) married to Mary Victoria McNeil. They have a daughter, Kelly Levine

Couple things to add-Chris has two other children, Virginia (known as Ginna) and Chris. Ginna and Kelly both attended The Agnes Irwin School in Bryn Mawr, PA and Carniegie Mellon in NY. Kelly lives in NYC, and studied costume design at CMU, Parsons School of Design and NYU. Kelly graduated from AIS in 2005, and from CMU in 2010. Chris Jr. attended/attends Franklin & Marshall College. Chris and Vicki own what used to be Grace Levine Packer's Bed & Breakfast Inn, Sweetwater Farms in Glen Mills, PA since her death in 1999.

Last edited:
Lizanne Kelly Levine died in November of 2009.

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am a relation of Grace Kelly. (3rd Cousin)!

My Great,Great Grand-Mother (Catherine) was a sister of Brian Kelly who I believe was Grace's Great Grand-Dad ?

Does any one know any more about the Brian Kelly family line ?
Thanks.
I am 23 and I am collecting research so I can put together a family tree one day. It has taken me on an interesting journey as I found on the other side of my family that I am a 4th cousin of the ex-presidant JFK. It really is a small world.

JFH, you've got some really interesting roots.. :p

JFH, you've got some really interesting roots.. :p

Thanks very much :)

I'd love to put it all together and link everyone up. I am finding out new stuff every day through old church records, Irish Cencus records and quizing who is left of the elder's of my family line.
Its like a BIG jigsaw but one day hopefully I will get it all together.

Unfortunately, i cannot help you but i can ensure you that you have visited the right place for what you're looking for.
I was thinking of searching my family tree, too. It's really nice to know from where you're coming and what your old relatives did in the past.

So Good Luck =)

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am a relation of Grace Kelly. (3rd Cousin)!

My Great,Great Grand-Mother (Catherine) was a sister of Brian Kelly who I believe was Grace's Great Grand-Dad ?

Does any one know any more about the Brian Kelly family line ?
Thanks.
I am 23 and I am collecting research so I can put together a family tree one day. It has taken me on an interesting journey as I found on the other side of my family that I am a 4th cousin of the ex-presidant JFK. It really is a small world.

Brian Kelly, was not Grace's great Grandfather. Her great Grandfather was John Henry Kelly.(source) However, her Great-GREAT Grandfather was named Brian Kelly. Wether or not it's the SAME Brian Kelly you are related to is a different story. The Brian Kelly Grace is related to was married to Honora Margaret McLaughlin and was the father of John Henry Kelly.(Source)

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Brian Kelly you are related to and the one Grace is related to probably aren't the same-Brian and Kelly are both popular names in Ireland. You might want to check the reference to JFK too, 'cause the likely hood of that is slim as well...

Last edited:
Brian Kelly, was not Grace's great Grandfather. Her great Grandfather was John Henry Kelly.(source) However, her Great-GREAT Grandfather was named Brian Kelly. Wether or not it's the SAME Brian Kelly you are related to is a different story. The Brian Kelly Grace is related to was married to Honora Margaret McLaughlin and was the father of John Henry Kelly.(Source)

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Brian Kelly you are related to and the one Grace is related to probably aren't the same-Brian and Kelly are both popular names in Ireland. You might want to check the reference to JFK too, 'cause the likely hood of that is slim as well...

No, Brian Kelly was her great grandfather for sure.
It was Grace,
Then her dad John B,
Then her grand dad John Henry,
Then her great grand dad Brian Kelly and his sister catherine became my Great,Great Grand-Mother . I know the connection is real as I and my family where invited to meet Prince albert on his recent Irish visit a few months ago during his quick Irish tour where he stopped by Newport in Mayo.

Id like to find out more about Brians other brother and sisters as my own mother cant remember any of the names she would have heard as a child hence Im trying to put a family tree together.

In line with the JFK remark, My great,great,grand father was an uncle of Mary Josephine Hannon. I have confirmed my findings which I first heard as a child growing up during family talks etc but only in the past couple months I have gone out and looked up the old cencus, birth and death certs etc to confirm the things my family often mentioned in passing to me.

Im here because I am at the point of the family tree and stuck at Brian Kelly. I know he had other brothers and sisters, one which was Catherine (my connection) and id just love to see if I could get the names of the others. I plan on visiting a church in newport soon to see if I can find the records there.
Thanks again for feedback. This is a great website

As a genealogy nut, Please make sure you document everything. Start with yourself and work backwards, getting copies of birth/baptism records and marriages. This way you can make sure your not jumping to an incorrect line. I have found the Mormon Library to be very helpful. They have filmed all the church records and when you find a needed record you can take pictures with a digital camera. It is time consuming but possible.

3901 Henry( the Kelly House)

What is it that does go on in the old Kelly house?

I have driven by a few times( I live out in the burbs) and have seen the old woman who was mentioned earlier in the thread and a young "tough" looking African-American man leaving the house in a jeep together a few times. The rest of the time the house is completely dark. Does anyone else ever wonder what exactly is going on there? Something seems pretty off. I wonder who the man is...

I think the home was donated to the U of Pennsylvania many years ago. It may be empty.

No it was not

It is a private residence, per threads further back- and I happen to know this for myself- as I know some of the neighbors in the area( as well as having a police officer from East Falls as a neighbor). Believe me that house is very well full and based on rumors from the police; very well busy and not in a good way. Not to take the conversation off topic, but it is shameful to see/hear what maybe going on there and the disarray the physical property is in. To previous poster: It wouldn't be University of Pennsylvania either, you are thinking about Philadelphia University I believe- you might be thinking of the large house on the further corner down which used to be their President's house and is now an admissions building. That property is white. The Kelly House is brick. All i can say is I rang the door bell once to try and say hi and ask to see the house perhaps, I've always wanted to have a tour and had a pretty frightening experience. Has anyone ever thought of purchasing this house hold one day. I think if it was all fixed up it would be a spectacular place to live...

What is it that does go on in the old Kelly house?

I have driven by a few times( I live out in the burbs) and have seen the old woman who was mentioned earlier in the thread and a young "tough" looking African-American man leaving the house in a jeep together a few times. The rest of the time the house is completely dark. Does anyone else ever wonder what exactly is going on there? Something seems pretty off. I wonder who the man is...

I saw an add online sometime ago they were renting the house out:ermm:

I also live not too far from the old Kelly house, but have never seen it in person.

Cute photo of the Kelly family. http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/agogo61/kellygang-2.jpg

According to John B Kelly, his sister Maura died in the lead up to Prince Albert's wedding. Does anyone know anything about her?
The Sun Herald Interview with Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco | The Royal Correspondent

No I don't know anything about her. She was only 53 years old and the second of John B. Kelly II's daughters to pass away so young.

KELLY-CASEY, MAURA G., Oct. 21, 2010. Beloved wife of Kevin M. Casey, dear daughter of Mary Freeman Spitzer (Alan) and the late John B. Kelly, Jr., loving sister of Ann Ogle, Susan Von Medicus (Richard), John B. Kelly, III (Karen) and Margaret "Buttons" Kelly; also survived by several nieces and nephews.

Maura was preceded in death by her sister Elizabeth B. Kelly.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested in the Kelly's but not paying attention to the Olympics Chris Levine is sitting next to Charlene during the swimming competition.

Last edited:
The Genealogy of John Brendan Kelly Sr.

Name: John Brendan Kelly Sr.
Alias: Jack
Born: 4 Oct 1889 Philadelphia; Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Died: 20 Jun 1960 Drexel Hill, Delaware, Pennsylvania
Spouse: Margaret Katherine Majer
Parents: John Henry Kelly
Mary Ann Costello
Athlete: Olympics’ Rower
Cause of Death: Cancer
Religion: Catholic
Military:
Politics: Democrat
Interment: Holy Sepulchre Cemetery Cheltenham Montgomery County Pennsylvania

Name: Margaret Katherine Majer
Alisa: “Ma”
Born: 13 Dec 1898 Schloss Helmsdorf, Württemberg, Germany
Died: 6 Jan 1990 Linwood Atlantic County New Jersey
Spouse: John Brendan Kelly Sr.
Parents: Carl Majer; Margaretha Berg
Cause of Death: Pneumonia
Time of Death: 8:45 AM
Issue State: Pennsylvania; Issue Date: 1963
Age at Death: YRS: 91 MOS: Ǿ DYS: 24
Converted: Catholic

Married: January 30, 1924 St. Bridget’s Catholic Church Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1. Margaret Katherine "Peggy" Kelly
Alias: Peggy
Born: 13 Jun 1925 Philadelphia: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Died: 23 Nov 1991 Philadelphia: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Spouse: George Liddell Davis Jr. 1st
Eugene Calvin Conlan 2nd
Parents: John Brendan Kelly Sr.
Margaret Katherine Majer

Note I forgot to Add Margaret's marriage Dates

1. Margaret Katherine "Peggy" Kelly
Alias: Peggy
Born: 13 Jun 1925 Philadelphia: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Died: 23 Nov 1991 Philadelphia: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Spouse: George Liddell Davis Jr. 1st
Eugene Calvin Conlan 2nd
Parents: John Brendan Kelly Sr.
Margaret Katherine Majer
Cause of Death: Alcoholism dying of alcoholism
Age at Death: 66 years, 5 months, 13 days
Religion: Catholic
Politics: Democrat
Issue State: Pennsylvania; Issue Date: Before 1951.
Age at Death: 66 years, 5 months, 13 days

1st Husband: George Liddell Davis Jr.
Married: 24 Aug 1944 Northfield, Atlantic, New Jersey, USA
EOM: 1959 Divorced

Issues: Twin Daughters
I. Margaret Ann [Megan]Davis 1st Husband: Richard E. Rowe 2nd Husband: William Polo Packer

II. Mary Lee Davis 1st Husband: John Paul Jones Jr. 2nd Husband: Hugh M Kentworthy

2nd Husband: Eugene Calvin Conlan
Married:
EOM: Divorced

No Issues:

And by the way here is an odd story her second Husband died the Same day her brother did. They were both joggers. the died a in the same city. Both of Heart attacks.

I have newspaper clippings of all of the Kelly Children's marriages.

However, I couldn't find one on the Conlan Marriage.

The reason why she divorced him was he was terrible disfigured in a accident. She couldn't handle it. Margaret was John Sr. favorite daughter. However, she was truly jealous of her sister.

Jeannette K. Rook

One other thing Margaret Katherine "Peggy" Kelly her daughters were Twin's

TWIN DAUGHTERS
I. Margaret Ann [Megan]Davis 1st Husband: Richard E. Rowe 2nd Husband: William Polo Packer
II. Mary Lee Davis 1st Husband: John Paul Jones Jr. 2nd Husband: Hugh M Kentworthy

At seventy-seven, I'm writing memories (which no one will read) of growing up in Philadelphia. Stumbled on to this cite researching Jack Sr. a legend in Phila. for his Olympic wins and the story of the Henley Regatta. By a strange coincidence (Georgetown Univ., the Philadelphia Country Club and Don Levine, Lizann's husband) I have memories of brief acquaintanceships with Jack Sr., Jack Jr, Mary Freeman (Jack Jr.'s first wife) and Lizann. Life guarded with Don Levine at the Phila. Country Club (1953)and swam with Mike Freeman (Mary Freeman's brother) at Georgetown 1954-1958. They were golden days. Anybody want to hear about? Joe White jwhite459@ec.rr.com

Please note that the SSN's of several Kelly family members have been deleted as well as the subsequent related posts.

Any additional questions should be directed to members of the TRF moderation team via Private Message.

Thanks!

Zonk

Richard Von Medicus

His daughter Susan Kelly married Richard Von Medicus and they have three son's and she still lives in Pennsylvania:flowers:

Does anyone know if the Kelly summer home on the beach in Ocean City, New Jersey was damaged by hurricane Sandy? Ocean City felt the first effects of Hurricane Sandy. The storm created record high tides 7 to 8 feet high. Ocean city is on a peninsula and very vunerable to the storm.

http://oceancity.patch.com/articles/record-storm-leaves-residents-stranded-and-island-devastated

Here is my blog, On the Kelly Family. It's all sourced and not edited.

Jeannette's take on life: JOHN BRENDAN KELLY SR. FATHER OF GRACE KELLY

Sincerely
Jeannette K. Rook

Thank you for such detailed genealogy Kelly family information.

Grace Kelly's home gets historical marker

Driving straight from 3901 Henry Ave. in East Falls down to the Schuylkill, particularly at dusk, when the river settles like glass, with three single scullers rowing right out of an Eakins, it's not hard to see why John B. Kelly built his family home there. »Read story

Grace Kelly's home gets historical marker

Driving straight from 3901 Henry Ave. in East Falls down to the Schuylkill, particularly at dusk, when the river settles like glass, with three single scullers rowing right out of an Eakins, it's not hard to see why John B. Kelly built his family home there. »Read story

Apparently the Kellys were not very careful when it came to cleaning out the house when they sold it. I wonder why she sent the medals and oars to Albert instead of giving them to JB Kelly who is afterall a Kelly, a rower and lives in Philly. Surely the local rowing club could have put her in touch with him if he was not listed in the phone book.

Maybe Albert asked for them.

Back
Top Bottom