The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the pics! I've never seen them before!
I believe that's Grace Levine too, Ianna :flowers:
Anyone knows why Princess Caroline wasn't there?

The entire Kelly family with Douglas Fairbanks.:flowers:
The photo was taken in the home on Henry Avenue in the East Falls, Pennsylvania.
The people in the photo are: Margaret Kelly, Grace's brother - John, Douglas Fairbanks, Jack Kelly and little Peggy::)

http://i53.tinypic.com/i5u629.jpg

wonderful find!! i love it, Grace and Lizzie were babies...

The Kelly´s beachfront house located in Ocean City in the southern of New Jersey in two diferents dates: in last 30s and in 2010

This is an fascinating and informative topic. I've always been curious about what the Kelly-Grimaldi relationship was post-Grace's death, so this helps to fill in the details.

I am interesting too, thank you for your interest. Hugs, xx

Hello all, I actually know the lady (Marjorie Bamont) who has lived in the Kelly house in Philadelphia since 1974. If anyone wants pictures or anything let me know.

I just wanted to share some cool stuff she has come across such as: a door upstairs with all the kelly's growths charted since they were children, and John Kelly's ores used in the Olympics as well as his gold medals that he won, and she still has the wallpaper that was there since the kelly's lived there! It is pretty interesting. I thought someone on here might find it interesting.

I found a picture of a woman on fb that resembles Grace Kelly a lot. She may not be a relative of hers, although they have the same last name, but still she has something of the Kellys. Gina Marie Levine | Facebook
Chris Levine, Princess Grace's nephew, his mother was Lizzanne Levine, has a daughter named Virginia Levine who they call Gina. It could be her.

We saw often Chris Levine at Monaco, he was at the last national fest, coming out of the appartements just behind Charlene Wittstock 'Getty images I think) and sitting behind Prince Albert at the Grimaldi forum during the national fest evening. I don't know his age, but I find he is a beautiful man

Chris Levine, Princess Grace's nephew, his mother was Lizzanne Levine, has a daughter named Virginia Levine who they call Gina. It could be her.

No, she isn´t Kelly´s relative. SHe live in Venice Beach and she hasn´t got any relashionship with Philadelphia and others.

I see the old Kelly shore house every summer. It was beachfront back in the '30's, but not anymore!

Really?
And you know who´re the owner of the house now? Is still propiety of Kellys?

Grimaldi and Kellys: Olympics pics and history

I looked and didn't spot a topic for this. Something that fascinates me is just how many people connected to Grace Kelly have been in the Olympics: Jack Kelly, John Kelly Jr., Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock. (Even young Pauline--although she already has her Olympic thread.)

Anyway, if you have pics of them at the Olympics with their medals or training, please post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I have a question.

Is the Kelly family still featured in the Philadephia society pages? And, if so, what do they do?

I'm just curious because the biographies on Grace seem strangely quiet on that fact.

Okay, so I have a question.

Is the Kelly family still featured in the Philadephia society pages? And, if so, what do they do?

I'm just curious because the biographies on Grace seem strangely quiet on that fact.

The public face of the Kelly family in Philadelphia is pretty much Chris LeVine via his wife, Vicky -- an heir to the McNeil Pharmaceutical (read: Tylenol) fortune. They attend most major arts and cultural events -- will probably attend the annual Academy Ball this coming weekend. It's the event attended by the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall a few years ago. Let's hope his cousin Prince What's-His-Name and his fiancee, stay away this year and in years to come. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea Grace's sisters were so beautiful! Loved the pictures in the beginning of the thread :)

Also Jack's cousin, Paul Costello. For 2 generations the Kelly clan were major over achievers. Also a Pulitzer Prize winner, Academy Award winner (PG), a 3 time US billards champion and a US Secretary of the Navy. A case of true life being more unbelieveable than fiction. Pauline and maybe someday Charlotte will be the 4th straight generation of Olympians. I wonder if any other family has done that. I almost forgot. John Kelly Jr's first wife was also an Olympic swimmer for the US.

There is a book about Jack Sr and Jr on Amazon called: Kelly: a father, a son, an american quest by Daniel Boyne. Haven't read it but it looks interesting.

The above photo was taken
At Drimurla on the shores of Leg O' Mutton Lake near Newport town (approximately 8 miles from Castlebar) lies the lonely ruins of a small thatched cottage.
Images of Mayo Albert is suppose to visit it during his visit next week. I found reference to Rainier going forward with plans to build a house on the land after Grace's death.

Edited to add: I searched more and found this.
The ruins are nothing to see or photograph now, but there is still a certain mystique about that pile of rocks and the surrounding area. We wondered whether the Rainier family still owns the land and ruins? It seems that a local development association asked permission to erect a memorial to Princess Grace on the land at Drimurla and Princess Caroline, her daughter, said the family would donate the cottage for restoration as well as surrounding lands if they received an acceptable proposal. That was more than 15 years ago.
Boston Irish Reporter

Last edited:
Two of the Kelly's were in photos and videos with Prince Albert during the official visit to Ireland.

there were photos on the Kelly on iso pix site, there were the cousin who was often seen in Monaco whith her wife and two other cousins I didn'know, there was an article on a visit on Princess Grace's Museum, it was said that they visited the Museum with Charlene , Prince Albert was not with them because he visited an universitat at Dublin. It was nice that Prince Albert thought to invit his cousins during this official visite

Hi guys, new guy here (yes, I'm a male)

Just wanted to say, I read through the thread and it was a great read!

I just wanted to say I am/was cousins with Princess Grace. However I never got to met her, because I was not born when she was here. I was related by her father's side, I have Costellos in my family. There isn't much left, it is quite sad. I do live however, outside of Philadelphia, in fact about 14 miles from the city, but on the NJ side.

Grace seemed like such an amazing person, when I see a picture/video of her, I just know when Grace would enter the room everyone knew she was there. I am in the middle of a family tree project and it is not easy at all.

Also, I saw an add somewhere for the Kelly's house for rent, I'm not sure how old it was. But they were asking 900 a month for it. It deeply sadden me. I just talked to one of my Costello family members who was born in Philadelphia and told her about it. It's such a shame about the city, and the area they lived.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I would love to jump into any discussions! Also, I am hoping for and praying for seeing that side of my family this summer.

PS - sorry for bumping this thread with new posts. I love seeing the Kellys. Nothing but a great family. Also!! If I have any family members here, Hi, I may be your long lost cousin haha.

The new guy on the street,
Dave

Wow, I found your post so fascinating that I did a little research of my own, lol. :D

Anyhow, I found out that the Costello side you must be talking about is Mary Anne Costello, Grace's grandmother on her father's side: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Kelly,_Sr.

And the area of Philadelphia where the Kelly Family Home was built by Grace's father in the 1920's still looks wonderful. From your post I gathered that the area and home might have been rundown like so many once affluent areas of the United States have been turned into ghettos because of the influx of immigration, government programs, et al, and as a result many Americans have been fleeing to better areas. But that doesn't look like the case here, the area still looks very nice, as well as the house. Which can be seen in the following Google Map, as well as the first few seconds of the youtube tape:

Google Maps (btw if it doesn't come up right away, you need to type in 3901 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA)

YouTube - Grace Kelly's wedding part 1

Would love to hear more from you about your family, Dave, WELCOME! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom