The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah III - Post-Interview, March 9th 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the UK knew he wasnt going to be a Prince on birth. The title he would have used was Lord or Earl of Dumbarton. It was there decision not to use this and that was reported.

I am not buying it. It's an excuse. If that was the case, the title issue would have come up by Megan and Harry. They have explained why THEY did not want it for their son. Meghan said that they did not have the right to make that decision for Archie or take that from him.

I am not debating it further. As I said, it's just an excuse for not doing the right thing.

Last edited:
Just spitballing here, but is it possible she had a specific place in mind? Something that might have seemed to the folks in charge, inappropriate, like a private spa-like clinic in Switzerland or something? It does indeed beggar belief that she would be told she couldn't have ANY help.

I do tend to think she wanted to go to a spa out of the country and that was the sticking point. I just can't believe she was told she couldn't get any help and I can't believe that as a mid-30 year old woman with access to her own private doctor and OBGYN and a husband who was the patron of mental health organizations she couldn't find any help that way either. The whole mental health story sounds off.

that's not the point. Other men risked htier lives, they dont get police protection. he got police protection because he was a working royal.. by his own choice, he stopped being a working royal....

In the times I talked about he was not a working Royal but a working soldier and still had protection because he was endangered in this role. My point was that this time influenced Harry's view on the risks he and his wife and son face, no matter if they are working Royals or not. I think the clash came as they moved away from the UK because of the media and living overseas, neither the British police (payed by the taxpayer) nor the guest states' police wanted to step in and Charles did not want to pick up the tab for security in a foreign country when they could have lived securely in Frogmore.

I guess Charles did not understand just how important the fight against the hostile media and the need for security would be for both Meghan and Harry in their depression-anxiety bubble. IIRC Harry actually saw soldiers being killed right beside him and that could have led to PTSD and when he saw what happened to his wife, the way that old-fashioned institution reacted to her new ideas and her way to like to live, they both got into the fangs off anxiety. Maybe Harry wants back and though this would be a way to make it happen? By forcing his father to change his stance on thinking about the importance of both his sons? I don't know but I don't think they would have said these things if they weren't really hurt and angry about what had happened to them.

Mind, they are not the victims here, but I don't think Harry realised what he was doing at all and even being able to finance their life in the US is not all he wants. Yep, he is pampered and thought he could keep his cake and feast on it at the same time, he wasn't aware just how bad the prize would be he has to pay and just wanted to give his wife whatever she wanted but I think they are paying a prize and this was their stupid try to get the Royal family to finally understand why they acted as they did.. And maybe find some peace with them. They still have the heart of the queen and that's something. That poor lady! That strange British concept of how the RF lives with the unpolite and lying media is so not understandible for me.

They need new rules for what the media is allowed to write, so that the lot of "invented" stories with their harsh focuses against people stop. Oh, if there are scandals etc. they have to be written about but stories like these avocado-stories, only written to mow people down have to stop. IMHO, of course.

Great statement by BP. It is generous enough people can’t really complain about it- acknowledge and move on in private- perfect. The line about “accounts vary” is royal speak for liars but H&M can hardly shout out about it given how polite and mild it is versus everything they said. Love as well how they didn’t release anything immediately, perfect way to handle it!

The Royals are probably reeling but the statement is very well written and gives no ammunition to M&H. Charles started doing engagements, life goes on and it happened very quickly. Meghan might be very angry that after less than 2 glory days they're running out of steam. People have a short attention span.
Btw, they fell in love but both were destructive and basically they both were depressed during their time together and still can't stop talking about the firm and find happiness with Archie, lovely home and themselves. It's sad. Also really it seems they have no idea what projects to do and what image to choose.

''Some accounts may vary'' is saying you don't care and you don't believe what they're saying...

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo that was a classy comment:
acknowledging their pain
sympathizing
leaving the door open for reconciliation

but at the same time not
being defensive
lashing back at H&M

I agree with your summary of their statement. As expected, there was the statement acknowledging that the family will always love them.:flowers:

Just spitballing here, but is it possible she had a specific place in mind? Something that might have seemed to the folks in charge, inappropriate, like a private spa-like clinic in Switzerland or something? It does indeed beggar belief that she would be told she couldn't have ANY help.

I think you might be right. Especially that she stated in the interview she "needed to go somewhere" to get help. Strange wording if you mean therapy sessions.

I am not buying it. It's an excuse. If that was the case, the title issue would have come up by Megan and Harry. They have explained why THEY did not want it for their son. Meghan said that they did not have the right to make that decision for Archie or take that from him.

I am not debating it further. As I said, it's just an excuse for not doing the right thing.

This is a good explanation of the issue. It's from the BBC which is one of the world's premier broadcasters:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56325...he 1917 letter, George,of the Prince of Wales.

They need new rules for what the media is allowed to write, so that the lot of "invented" stories with their harsh focuses against people stop. Oh, if there are scandals etc. they have to be written about but stories like these avocado-stories, only written to mow people down have to stop. IMHO, of course.

Well this is one of those perennial topics. And a matter for Parliament. One person's reform is another person's censorship.

At least we don't have those partisan tv news networks that some places do.

Great statement by BP. It is generous enough people can’t really complain about it- acknowledge and move on in private- perfect. The line about “accounts vary” is royal speak for liars but H&M can hardly shout out about it given how polite and mild it is versus everything they said. Love as well how they didn’t release anything immediately, perfect way to handle it!

Yes I agree. It's interesting that there was no use of any titles in the statement.

Just amazing.
Simple, empathic enough but throwing major shade at the same time. Love it !
A nice, gloved middle finger, with a cup of tea ...

I wish I'd come up with that! I have quote envy.:D

I've read the communiqué, too. Buckingham Palace was very smart to manage the situation, which will be resolved in private, which is the best way to manage such a problem.

Well this is one of those perennial topics. And a matter for Parliament. One person's reform is another person's censorship.

At least we don't have those partisan tv new networks that some places do.

I agree. It is censorship. If they had new rules for what the media could write, Charles should first start with Camilla coz nobody else has had to face that kind of vilification.

I agree. It is censorship. If they had new rules for what the media could write, Charles should first start with Camilla coz nobody else has had to face that kind of vilification.

Well not just her either, I seem to remember seeing papers call the Duchess of York pretty nasty nasty names. (when she was still married to Prince Andrew) Alot to do with her weight.

Alot of the women in the family has had crap thrown at them.

But yes the newspapers should be kinder but I am not sure if we will see that since alot of people buy up the tabloid stuff.

What right thing? Tearing up the rule book?

Well not just her either, I seem to remember seeing papers call the Duchess of York pretty nasty nasty names. (when she was still married to Prince Andrew) Alot to do with her weight.

Alot of the women in the family has had crap thrown at them.

But yes the newspapers should be kinder but I am not sure if we will see that since alot of people buy up the tabloid stuff.

Yeah, people on here and everywhere are acting like this is an apocalypse, and everything needs to be changed coz somebody said something. Talk about an overly overreaction.

''Some accounts may vary'' is saying you don't care and you don't believe what they're saying...

That's not what the press release says anyway. it says "recollections may vary"

And I don't think that means they don't care. I do think it means that they think some of what Meghan and Harry are saying isn't the truth.

Last edited:
What right thing? Tearing up the rule book?
I believe that the right thing for the Sussexes would have been to just exercise some patience knowing that their children would one day be "HRH Prince/Princess of Sussex" when Charles' reign began. If it was important for the couple that their son have a title, we all know that there was one that they could have used immediately after his birth. Likewise there is one that can be used for his sister.

As we know titles do not equal full time RPOs for all members of the family and that includes those who have seen their RPOs removed over time when their personal threat level was reassessed.

Seems to some Meghan and Harry are so super special rules that apply to every other Royal don’t apply to them and indeed their child is much more important than all the other Royal Great grandkids so he must! Have special security and a title right! now! The Royals begged to differ so they are big bullies and meanies now.

Though I thought they would not issue a statement but provide media lines, I was correct in my guess that the statement would mention these elements:

Race issue to be taken seriously

Matters to be dealt with privately

That line about Harry Meghan being much loved members of the family.

However, the “recollections may vary” line is genius. Props to their comms team for that succinct but loaded line.

How do you misremember multiple conversations in which a RF member voiced concern regarding the child’s color. That line is appalling and shows that they don’t get it.

I believe that the right thing for the Sussexes would have been to just exercise some patience knowing that their children would one day be "HRH Prince/Princess of Sussex" when Charles' reign began. If it was important for the couple that their son have a title, we all know that there was one that they could have used immediately after his birth. Likewise there is one that can be used for his sister.

As we know titles do not equal full time RPOs for all members of the family and that includes those who have seen their RPOs removed over time when their personal threat level was reassessed.

Exactly.
But people want the RF to meet each and every whim of theirs. IDK why some people even here think that they're so special. They're no different to Margaret, Andrew or any other spare you can think of.

That's not what the press release says anyway. it says "recollections may vary"

And I don't think that means they don't care. I do think it means that they think some of what Meghan and Harry are saying isn't the truth.

I don't think it's either. I think both sides may remember differently. Studies have been done on memory. People's memories aren't precise snapshots and it doesn't mean either this person or Harry (whom it was said to) and Meghan (who was told what was said second hand) are lying. I think they are saying just what the palace statement said that both sides remember differently.

We don't know how many times it was said Harry (and Meghan). Was it only before they were married or did it include after Meghan was pregnant? The interview doesn't tell us clearly how many times this comment/type of comment was said as both as in the interview Harry and Meghan named different times.

This article is about the unreliability of human memory (without deliberate intent to lie):

https://www.healthline.com/health-n... notoriously unreliable,a bug; it's a feature.

"Human memory is notoriously unreliable, especially when it comes to details. Scientists have found that prompting an eyewitness to remember more can generate details that are outright false but that feel just as correct to the witness as actual memories.

In day-to-day life, this isn’t a bug; it’s a feature. We can’t possibly remember every tiny detail we see, but our memories would feel incomplete if there were big swaths of gray running through them. So the brain fills in the details as best it can, borrowing from other memories and the imagination in order to build what feels like a complete picture.

“A key rule about memory change over time is what we call fade-to-gist,” explained Dr. Charles Brainerd, a professor of human development at Cornell University, in an interview with Healthline. “That is, we lose the details of experience rapidly but retain our understanding of its gist much longer."

Last edited:
How do you misremember multiple conversations in which a RF member voiced concern regarding the child’s color. That line is appalling and shows that they don’t get it.

How can neither H nor M get the timing of such conversations right in the same interview!? That's even more appalling.

Last edited:
You ever heard of the Telephone game? That’s how. By the 20 person hearing a story it maybe completely different and embellished beyond recognition.

Um....there's even discrepancies between Meghan and Harry's version of this.
Where Meghan makes it seem like multiple times and Harry as a 1 time thing that he repeated to Meghan. So she didn't even witness this first hand.

So, yeah.....I don't find it appalling. I find it as a diplomatic way in not saying those two may be "misremembering".

The Queen in fact does have the right to decide what Archie's title might be. Just as she gave the titles Duke and Duchess of Sussex as a wedding present. Which she might not have done had they disclosed that they were thinking of leaving before they even got married (as hinted in the interview with "2 years" statement).

I would have been fine with it if she had issued LPs but she didn't and at the time *everything* surrounding Archie's birth was top secret and all about how they wanted him to have a normal childhood. And then a few months after they left so everyone was right that he didn't need a title.

As the rules now stand he will get an HRH when/if his grandfather becomes King.

What they said was "recollections may vary" frankly it's a polite way of saying we don't agree with the story you're telling. And you know what, the rest of the Royal Family don't have to if that's not what they in fact recall happening.

You ever heard of the Telephone game? That’s how. By the 20 person hearing a story it maybe completely different and embellished beyond recognition.

If you are telling a story as a couple at an interview how difficult is it, ot make sure you both say the same thing?

you could ask Harry and Meghan how they could misremember the conversation or conversations - they are the ones who gave different accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom