"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margaret should feel lucky that Grand Duchess Vladimir didn't rise from the grave to get her for dissing her granddaughter ��

She said all whilst polishing off a bottle of Scotch and was meant to be pregnant :D

And there's more ?

Queen: "Goodness. The dining table in the same room as the kitchen?"

Margaret: "It's modern. It's egalitarian."

Queen: "You're the least egalitarian person that I know."

"The whole nasty, jealous circus, cooped up in this ridiculous compound, furious because we got the largest apartment."

Last edited:
I know who I’d like to see as an older Philip- Bill Nighy.

The Crown is fiction, but with characters who are/were real persons. I think, if thestory is based on real persons, there will always be families, people who get hurt by the portrait. For me personally, it doesn't need to get 100% accurate. If i am interested enough in the person, to watch a film/series about, which is usual thing for me (although in seldom cases, i only watch it, because of the actress/actor who has a part in it), i will do quite some reading afterwards, to get an accurater picture.

That time of the year...and one of the most powerful scenes on the show.

Last edited:
Absolutely love Hugh Laurie...can totally see him as Prince Phillip...he is great using a hard cutting reply/remark.

LaRae

I'd never have guessed Hugh Laurie but he is none the less a good choice for Prince Philip.

So Tobias Menzies is replacing Hugh Laurie,wonder what happened?

I actually suggested Tobias! Glad to know I have some casting affinity within me lol.

Tobias is an excellent actor. He brought so much emotion, depth and layers to both his character on Outlander.

Hugh Laurie was never confirmed by anyone other than the DM. Shows creator wanted him to play middle-aged Philip, he could possible be the one after Tobias as I see very little between Matt and Tobias (even though there's 9 years in age).

Tobias played Edmure Tully in GOT, didn't really show his acting off but I think that's the only thing I've ever seen him in. It will be interesting to see his portrayal.

I just know i'm going to miss Claire and Matt!

Great news about Helena Bonham Carter.

Good pick, I hope they recast the Queen Mum as well, I never did see any resemblance between Victoria Hamilton and QEQM, not in the least.

I agree that Helena Bonham Carter seems to be a good choice for an older Princess Margaret. She played the Queen Mother in the King's Speech so will have an experience of playing a British royal role. I'm interested into seeing what season three will be like - I've gotten so used to Claire Foy and Matt Smith as HM and Philip that it'll take some time in adjusting to the new actors!

I agree that Helena Bonham Carter seems to be a good choice for an older Princess Margaret. She played the Queen Mother in the King's Speech so will have an experience of playing a British royal role. I'm interested into seeing what season three will be like - I've gotten so used to Claire Foy and Matt Smith as HM and Philip that it'll take some time in adjusting to the new actors!

I have wondered why the producers could not just use makeup to "age" Claire Foy and Matt Smith and let them continue on playing the roles.

Yes exactly what I was hoping they would do.

with the released picture it's easier now for me to see colman getting the Queen "right"

Olivia Colman is a superb actress, possibly the best British actress working today IMO. If she was skinnier and prettier, and particularly interested in it, I believe she would be a Hollywood megastar. I have no doubt that she will make a great success of this role.

with the released picture it's easier now for me to see colman getting the Queen "right"

Yes, I agree. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Good pick, I hope they recast the Queen Mum as well, I never did see any resemblance between Victoria Hamilton and QEQM, not in the least.

I really hope she has more of a role in this upcoming third season than she did in the second season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not convinced about Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret,Vanessa Kirby did a fantastic job.

The Crown, Fiction and Fact

Hello everyone. Many of you have seen or heard about Netflix’s show The Crown[/B which is based on the life of Queen Elizabeth II. Being both royal and history enthusiast I watched the series and there were many episodes and scene which made me frown. I knew it's a TV series and directors often take artistic liberties [/I but many people who watch these series to know about history, believes everything shown in movies and TV shows. Here are some fictional mommets from show and fact behind them

Prince Philip arguing with his wife that he won't kneel before her during coronation
Fact
Prince Philip himself was from a royal famil. Thus, he knew the importance of royal protocol and etiquette

The series also showed that King George VI found out about his cancer immediately after his daughter's wedding and during his operation, his whole family was present

Fact
King George VI find out about his cancer at least four years later after Elizabeth’s wedding. While he was getting operated in Buckingham Palace, only his wife was present.

There are many other points from the show but I decide to keep this short. So, what you guys think?, have you sen the program?, what you think of it?

Back
Top Bottom