State Visit from Russia to Spain: February 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/02/09/letizia-gala/?auth=yes

TM the King and Queen, accompanied by the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes by Palma, offered yesterday a gala dinner at the RoyalPalace, to honour the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, and his wife, Liudmila. It was a dinner in which the ladies’ elegance was the dominant note.

After her maternity leave, Doña Letizia reappeared again as an authentic princess, with gown and tiara. For the occasion she chose a baroque body embroidered with gems in green, yellow, brown and pink tones and a diocechesca skirt in green emerald colour, signed by Lorenzo Caprile. As accessories, the Princess of Asturias shone a spectacular diamond tiara and a set of earrings and necklace of diamonds and emeralds.

HM the Queen was also dazzling, in a dress with gems embroiders in silver colour, a tiara and a diamond necklace. Infanta Cristina was the most minimalist of the three, wearing a tosted-coloured dress combined with a green jacket bullfighter-style.

Like the scenery, also the message was especially cared. During his speech, Don Juan Carlos praised the evolution of Russia and emphasized the contribution of the Russian people "in the transcendental process of construction of an effective system of democratic guarantees and establishment of the State of Right", but also the importance of a good management of the Russian power, since "the political and economic stability of the region and of the European continent depends largely on it".

Don Juan Carlos also alluded to the Declaration against the Terrorism that the Governments of Madrid and Moscow will subscribe today.

Attachments

• let-4a.jpg
    let-4a.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
From Casa Real

Last edited by a moderator:
From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 226
captures from Telecinco

Last edited:
Wow!! CP Letizia looked stuning :cool: I loved the embroidered top and the jewellery!!

What a comeback to gala scenes :D

Day 1 from Corbis, the arrival at El Pardo

Last edited:
Day 1 from Corbis, the photo session before luncheon at Zarzuela Palace

more captures from telecinco

Last edited:
Wow! Letizia looked beautiful, I just love that embroidered top/jacket. It's a shame she opted for such a voluminous skirt it really doesn't flatter her. Other than that a thumbs up from me!

From reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 206
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 228
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 198
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 207
Although I think I'm in the minority -- I thought Letizia's dress was stunning. The top had rich tones which for me are reminiscent of the jewel tones I somehow associate with Russia so I thought it was appropriate in that regard, but also, I just loved the whole outfit. The top had beautiful details on it and the skirt was rich and full and a lovely departure from the more tight fitting ensembles she usually wears. I wish she'd had her hair up entirely but with the same fullness in the back because I think it would have matched the formality of the gown better, but I really think she looked terrific.

Princess Letizia's dress looks a little matronly...a little old for someone her age and with her body. A big change from the ball gowns she wore during her engagenment and shortly after her marriage.

The Queen looks chic as always. Princess Christina's dress is the same one she wore to the Danish Royal Wedding in 2004.

I totally respect these royal ladies for wearing their ball gowns more than once and know Queen Margrethe is a big fan of doing this, it helps keep costs down.

I believe Letizia will mature into a fabulous grand dame. She has a very individualistic aura and carries herself with a wonderful combination of class and humbleness yet leaving no doubt she is a hardworking and intelligent women. A young Q. Silvia comes to mind. With wonderful features and a great figure she will just look better and better.

The Kings officially dismiss President Putin and wife

from terra

Attachments

• 720772451a5a2g.jpg
    720772451a5a2g.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 263
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 253
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
From polfoto

Attachments

• AP598588_guest.jpg
    AP598588_guest.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 263
That tiara is so regal that only suits her:)

I love Letizia's outfit! The color was fantastic on her but the skirt was a little poofy. Maybe if it was more A-line, it would be better, it wouldn't look so big on her small frame. But I love seeing Felipe and Letizia holding hands, so so sweet.

I personally love the gown, it looked fabolous on her - plus she looks great in those new jade necklace and earrings. But! I don't like the top part of the gown. It's just too much. Maybe if she get rid of those beaded top and just wear something plain green it would be sooo much better on her.

I also think Letizia's dress was stunning! Fit for the occassion and showed te best traditions of Spain, I really loved it.
Queen Sofia is really getting more beautiful every year! I wish I could look like that when I am of her age!

I was checking the new pictures posted (by the way, thanks! great pictures! :) ) and I don't know why Cristina is wearing a green jacket with a red dress?!?! It's too mismatch, or a missed match :p

I still don't like the way the skirt falls on Letizia's outfit, too ballony, but the emerald color looks great on her. Who designed it?

Queen Sofia always the epitome of Regal and glamorous, she is majestic from crowned head to toe. I noticed that Mrs. Puttin has a thing (a preference) for V neck clevage cuts in her dresses. Also, anyone knows what language Queen Sofia used with Puttin on that photo? I don't know if she also speaks Russian but she speaks several languages and I've seen President Putin on CNN news only with english language interpreters.

Little_star said:
I was just looking at the photos and noticed Felipe has his arm around Letizia. How sweet, they are a very cute couple, mashallah.
http://img30.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c434e_42_16375559.jpg

He is always holding her hand, her arm, touching her. It's very romantic, as if he wants to make sure she is real and not a dream and next to him at all the times. The bring to my mind the Luxembourg Grand Dukes, that also look like a couple very much attached to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom