Royalty of Malaysia current events part 3: April 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sultan Ibrahimof Johor was installed as the country's 17th King today, January 31, taking the oath of office in a ceremony at the National Palace in Kuala Lumpur:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

The previous sultan served exactly 5 years. In installing sultan Ibrahim Iskandar of Johor, they are following the established pattern that Johor follows after Pahang. In 2029 the current deputy (a position he has held since 2016 - so, it seems he is well respected among the sultans), Sultan Nazrin Shah of Perak, is expected to ascend the throne.

I'll miss the Pahang royal couple. I thought they were the best regal couple Malaysia had that I can recall.

It is interesting how the fact that he has a Dutch son-in-law does not raise any interest in him in the Netherlands. I didn't read anywhere in the Dutch news that Malaysia has a new king (I don't think there is another country that changes king that often) nor that the new king is the father-in-law of the fellow Dutchman Dennis Verbaas.

Several years ago when they married and later had their first child, it did reach the Dutch news, including the notion that the sultan was slated to be king in a few years.

Little Johan with his grandmother.
Sofie Louise has been speaking at "Health and social issues in Children’s literature" event.

Last edited:
Sofie Louise congratulated her husband on their 5th wedding anniversary two days ago.

She has also posted lovely photos of their family

Sultanah Nur Diana of Kelantan is one of the Malaysian Queens who perform the most official engagements. She has done many since the beginning of the year.
I will mention the most important ones so far:

On March 8th, she participated in a 3-kilometer walk called the "2024 Srikandi Fun Walk" in Kota Bharu, starting at the Jubli Hall Perak. Citizens also participated with her.

Sources/photos: Istana Kelantan (official Instagram account of Kelantan Royal Family), Kelantan Royal Family official Facebook profile

-----

On March 25th, Sultanah Nur Diana attended the SSPN Savings Account Handover Ceremony for Kelantan State ASNAF Students at Perdana Hotel, in Kota Bharu. She handed over savings accounts to 50 students.

Sources/photos: Istana Kelantan (official Instagram account of Kelantan Royal Family), Kelantan Royal Family official Facebook profile

-----

On March 29th, The Sultanah and Dowager Queen (Raja Perempuan) Anis visited the tomb of the late Sultan Ismail Petra in Raja Langgar, Kota Bharu, to pray and to attend the Tahlil Ceremony.

Sources/Photos: Istana Kelantan (official Instagram account of the Kelantan Royal Family), Kelantan Royal Family official Facebook profile

-----

On April 1st and 2nd, she attended the 2024 Endowment Ceremony: on the 1st, she was in Jeli District, Kelantan, where she delivered a personal contribution to 20 ASNAF people at the official residence of the Colonel of Jeli; on April 2nd, she was in Kuala Krai District, where she also made donations to the selected ASNAF people of the district.

Sources/photos: Kelantan Royal Family official Facebook profile, Istana Kelantan 1, Istana Kelantan 2

Last edited:
On April 24th, Tengku Permaisuri Norashikin of Selangor, accompanied by Che Puan Sofie Louise of Kelantan, attended the Sunway Raya Cheer 2024 Ceremony, organized by the "Sunway Group" and the "Selangor Youth" in Bandar Sunway, Selangor.

Sources/photos: Che Puan Sofie Louise official Instagram account, Selangor Royal Family official Facebook account, Selangor Royal Official (Instagram)

-----

On April 3rd, Sultanah Nur Diana of Kelantan was in Tanah Merah, Kelantan, to attend the Personal Contribution Donation Ceremony to 20 ASNAF people of Tanah Merah. The Sultanah was greeted by state officials and other public officials in the area.

Sources/photos: Kelantan Royal Family media (Facebook), Istana Kelantan (Instagram)

-----

On April 22nd, The Sultanah of Kelantan visited K.B. Permay, a Kelantan silvercraft factory in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. The Sultanah received explanations about the manufacture of silver in Kelantan.

Source: Kelantan Royal Family media (Facebook)

Last edited:
On April 23rd, Sultanah Nur Diana of Kelantan visited "Cik Minah Songket", in Kota Bharu. The Sultanah visited the facility and the exhibition hall to see weaving products. She was accompanied by a number of local civil servants.

Sources/photos: Kelantan Royal Family media (Facebook), Istana Kelantan (Instagram), Sultanah Nur Diana official account (Instagram)

-----

On April 24th, Sultanah Nur Diana attended the Hi-Tea Ceremony at Perdana Hotel, in Kota Bharu. The Sultanah was accompanied by Tengku Mohamad Rizam, The Tengku Temenggong of Kelantan, and his wife Tunku Noor Hayati, The Tengku Puan Temenggong of Kelantan, also members of the Kelantan Royal Family.

Sources/photos: Kelantan Royal Family media (Facebook), Sultanah Nur Diana official account (Instagram)

-----

In December 2020, the Malaysian magazine "Nona" published an article with an interview part given by Che Puan Sofie Louise of Kelantan. In the interview, she talked about her past in Sweden:

Tidak Kekok bertemu Masyarakat, Aktif Aktiviti Kebajikan CHE PUAN SOFIE Tambat Hati Rakyat - NONA:
"In Sweden we adhere to a tradition known as 'Jäntelagen' or Jante's law, which means you can't believe you're better or different from others.
I keep these words to this day as a talisman for myself."

[...]

The magazine also published some stunning photos of the Princess. Among these, one particularly caught my attention for its beauty:

290925-20_15_030961.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom