Royals at the 2004 Athens Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
OLIMPIC GAMES 2004

does anybody know which royals will go to the olimpic games of greece this year?
it was said that juan carlos of spain and felipe and letizia will go, but for a short time because of security reasons.

King Constantine and his family are expected there in full force. Perhaps minus Marie Chantal because of her pregnancy, although she will still be okay to travel if she wants to at the time, not so late in her pregnancy that it would be unsafe. Although wouldn't it be something else if Marie Chantal delivered her fourth child in Greece?! King Constantine, like Willem of the Netherlands are both members of the IOC, so no surprise to see them each there.

Inaki of Spain, husband of Infanta Cristina, is also now affiliated with the Olympic organization in Spain. But even if he wasn't, he'd probably go anyway to cheer on his former medalist team mates.

Albert of Monaco, a former Olympic athlete himself, will no doubt be there.

From Sweden, the King and Queen usually go. Perhaps Carl Phillip too this year because he carried the torch.

Hopefully Haakon of Norway will go too.

Members of the IOC are almost always there so royals like Prince Willem-Alexander, HRH The Princess Royal, Prince Albert of Monaco, and Princess Nora of Liechtenstein are just about guaranteed.

So far we've heard..

-Prince Willem-Alexander (himself a member of the IOC)will be in Athens for the first week without Maxima.

-Crown Prince Haakon Athens for the first 4 days without Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

-Prince Joachim of Denmark will attend for the first few days without Princess Alexandra.

-Princess Benedikte of Denmark for the a few days

-Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, and Crown Princess Mary will attend for the final week.

what about Princess Anne?

if i think British Royal Family would watch the Olympics with King and Queen of Greece what you think?

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 27th, 2004 - 7:15 pm
Members of the IOC are almost always there so royals like Prince Willem-Alexander, HRH The Princess Royal, Prince Albert of Monaco, and Princess Nora of Liechtenstein are just about guaranteed.

So far we've heard..

-Prince Willem-Alexander (himself a member of the IOC)will be in Athens for the first week without Maxima.

-Crown Prince Haakon Athens for the first 4 days without Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

-Prince Joachim of Denmark will attend for the first few days without Princess Alexandra.

-Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, and Crown Princess Mary will attend for the final week.
why do willem, haakon and joachim go without her wives? don't they like olimpic games? :huh:

good for mary that she is going!

Originally posted by carlota+Jul 28th, 2004 - 6:34 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ Jul 28th, 2004 - 6:34 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alisa@Jul 27th, 2004 - 7:15 pm

So far we've heard..

why do willem, haakon and joachim go without her wives? don't they like olimpic games? :huh:

good for mary that she is going! [/b][/quote]
I think that the wifes of the princes wan´t to be home to take care of ther children.
I can understand why because 2 of them are under the age of 1 and prince Nikolai and prince Felix has just been seperatede from ther mum becaus she had to take the trip to HongKong with the femal singers from Denmarks Radio couier.

Originally posted by carlota+Jul 28th, 2004 - 1:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ Jul 28th, 2004 - 1:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alisa@Jul 27th, 2004 - 7:15 pm

So far we've heard..

good for mary that she is going! [/b][/quote]
Princess Alexandra has told in a couple of interviews, that her and Joachim always makes arrangements, so that they aren't away from home at the same time.

I wonder how, Queen Margrethe, CP Frederik and P Joachim will "split" the trip between them. One of them always has to stay in Denmark to be the regent. An alternative is, if Princess Benedikte goes to Denmark. She is also able to serve as regent.

I have read an article and it told that Princess Royal and Prince Edward will attend The Olympics Games in Athens.If Edward attends,will Sophie attends?I hope i can see Sophie at Athens 2004 :flower:

I can understand why because 2 of them are under the age of 1 and prince Nikolai and prince Felix has just been seperatede from ther mum becaus she had to take the trip to HongKong with the femal singers from Denmarks Radio couier.

I think Princess Alexandra may not be a fan of such sporting activities. I am sure if she and Prince Joachim really want to be there, they could arrange to bring their nannies with them. :flower:

An alternative is, if Princess Benedikte goes to Denmark. She is also able to serve as regent.
I believe this is the case. She is going on the days when there will be a regent, either the Queen,CP Frederik or Prince Joachim. :flower:

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 28th, 2004 - 5:01 pm
I think Princess Alexandra may not be a fan of such sporting activities. I am sure if she and Prince Joachim really want to be there, they could arrange to bring their nannies with them. :flower:
No, I'm sure she is a fan of sporting events. She went to OL in Atlanta in 1996 accompanying both CP Frederik and P Joachim. At the "famous" OL in Sydney in 2000 CP Frederik and P Joachim went alone. By that time, P Nicolai was just a year old.

Friends of the Princess has told, that she is a big fan of football (soccer). For instance she went to Portugal during the European championship.

:)

I forgot about that..Thankss :flower:

Sarah Ferguson will be in Greece with her 2 daughters, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice...

Sarah also owns a horse which will be competing in the olympics B)

I've read that King Albert and Queen Paola will attend the Olympic Games for the opening ceremony, and that Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde will attend the Olympic Games on the 25th.

im so sure i wanted know who will attend of Royals Family to watch Olympics? what about Prince William?

Sara Boyce

The games start on

August 13 and end on August 29

why is it that this year there isn't so much publicity about the olimpic games like in syndey or atlanta?

Last edited:
According to Norwegian newspaper VG, Märtha Louise will attend the paraolympics (for disabled) for 4 days, I think she does that almost every time, atleast she went to the last two winter paraolympics.

olympic games

Hi,
finally, the olympic are coming up!!!!!!
Will any royal families come to the games and/or the opening celebration?
Beside that, let´s hope for peaceful games and wonderful moments!!
Kathi

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI!

GO THE GREEN AND GOLD!!!

and yes lets hope it's be a safe and fun game! of course it won't be better than the best olympics games in Sydney though...hahaha

Prince William and Prince Harry will attend its Prince William's first offical engagement as Future King of England without dad Prince of Wales.And Prince William will leaves his girlfriend Kate Middleton or he would go with her wait and see.

Olympics

I notice that of all the countries who are monarchies that were represented at the opening of the games, the tv coverage (at least the one shown in the UK), the UK were the only royal family to be eclipsed by their Prime Minister. Poor old Princess Anne was hidden behind Tony Blair :(

i read my member that Prince William and Prince Harry would attend to Olympics in Athens,Greece and Duke of Edinburgh also and more of British Royals wait and see what more!

Sara Boyce

i cant wait see more ROYALS!!!!!!!!!! include Prince William and Prince Harry and more!

Sara Boyce

Which royals did you see in the Opening Ceremony?
I spotted Prince Frederick and Princess Mary of Denmark, Queen Sophia of Spain, Princess Irene of Greece, Prince Albert of Monaco, Prince Willem Alexander of Holland, Prince Haakon of Norway. Also these for sure. Then I thought have seen Prince Jan Friso of Holland but that could be just my imagination.

Oh yes, of course Princess Anne of England was there, too.

Last edited:
I hoped to see the Greek Royals, they are my favourites, but saw only princess Irene with her sister Queen Sophia.

Which royals did you see in the Opening Ceremony?
I spotted Prince Frederick and Princess Mary of Denmark, Queen Sophia of Spain, Princess Irene of Greece, Prince Albert of Monaco, Prince Willem Alexander of Holland, Prince Haakon of Norway. Also these for sure. Then I thought have seen Prince Jan Friso of Holland but that could be just my imagination.

Oh yes, of course Princess Anne of England was there, too.

Back
Top Bottom