Queen Rania for Arab Open University

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
March 29, 2006 - Concept of higher education needs to be redefined — Queen

MMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Wednesday said the concept of higher education needs to be redefined to include academic, developmental and social aspects.

The Queen, who is Associate President of the Arab Open University's (AOU) Board of Trustees, made the remarks at the board's fifth annual meeting in Cairo, chaired by Saudi Prince Talal Ben Abdul Aziz, president of the Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organisations (AGFUND). Concept of higher education needs to be redefined — Queen

PICTURES FROM PETRA:

Queen Rania with Prince Talal today in Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that last event took place in Cairo

Queen reiterates importance of enhancing concept of higher open learning

Cairo, March 29 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Wednesday emphasized that the open higher learning concept needs a definition plan linked with social, developmental, and academic dimension,.
Queen Rania's remarks made during a meting for the Arab Open University (AOU) board of trustees held on today in Cairo. The meeting was chaired by Prince Talal Bin Abdul Aziz Chairman of the Boar of Trustees.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/29/560122400.htm

November 14, 2006 - Queen attends sixth AOU board of trustees meeting

(Jordan Times - Amman) Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Tuesday received Saudi Prince Talal Ben Abdul Aziz, president of the Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organisation (AGFUND) and co-chair of the Arab Open University (AOU) board of trustees, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported.
. . . The Queen, a co-chair of the board, attended the sixth meeting of AOU’s board of trustees yesterday, which was presided over by Prince Talal. Queen attends sixth AOU board of trustees meeting | Queen Rania

King and Queen receive Prince Talal bin Abdul Aziz
LINK

Queen Rania at Arab Open University Meeting:
LINK
LINK

I am studay in Arab open universety and until now I am not sure what is the role Queen Rania play in my universety .

houri said:
I am studay in Arab open universety and until now I am not sure what is the role Queen Rania play in my universety .

Dont think she has a role at the university. Think she just wanted to attend the meeting/confrence

dazzling said:
Dont think she has a role at the university. Think she just wanted to attend the meeting/confrence

some times I think she is there because of prince Talal , I don't think the student in arab universiety know what is her role but in another hand we all know what is the role of prince Talal because he is the founder of the universtity , he appeared several times on the TV to talk about the gols of arab open unviersity etc .... , some articles describe Queen Rania as one of the curators but what is curators I am not sure .

houri said:
some times I think she is there because of prince Talal , I don't think the student in arab universiety know what is her role but in another hand we all know what is the role of prince Talal because he is the founder of the universtity , he appeared several times on the TV to talk about the gols of arab open unviersity etc .... , some articles describe Queen Rania as one of the curators but what is curators I am not sure .

It was a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Arab Open University and
she is obviously the Co-Chairperson of the Board of Trustees:

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/14/216000.htm

Veram98 said:
It was a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Arab Open University and
she is obviously the Co-Chairperson of the Board of Trustees:

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/14/216000.htm

yes I realize that she one of the Trustees of the arab open unviersity ( what ever that mean ) , but what is the role of ( trustee ) ?

in my opinion the name of Queen Rania as (Trustee ) give a good face to Arab Open Unviersity ( personally I don't mind ) :) , I hope she will be active as trustee :cool:

In these photos about arab open univercity QR seems extremely beautiful, how can a woman be beautiful every day with so many travels she does?
Unbelievable woman. Also she seems to be very calm and satisfied, to have real peace in mind, that's what I admire about QR. I think that characteristic of her personality make her so famous. It may be because she has many children and because she makes sports (jogging).:)

Quee Rania for Arab Open University

Queen Rania, Prince Talal lay cornerstone for Arab Open University

From Petra News Agency :

"...Amman, June 26 (Petra)-- Two steadfast advocates for promoting educational opportunities, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah and His Royal Highness Prince Talal Ben Abdul Aziz, joined forces, Tuesday, to lay the cornerstone for the Arab Open University's campus in Jordan.

The real wealth of this university is its 'openness' to new technology, to new learning methodologies, and most importantly, to those seeking knowledge – the young man in a rural area too far from a university town, to a working mother who still wants to learn after she puts her children to bed at night, to a retiree who hasn’t quenched his thirst for learning and still has a lot to offer society," said the Queen...."

Pictures from Petra:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1464/3888i.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5078/3887i.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7040/3886i.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8517/3885i.jpg

The working relationship between Queen Rania and Prince Talal goes back several years.
They’ve worked together on micro-credit intiatives, including the launch of the National Microfinance Bank (see article below) in Amman last year, the first institution of its kind in the Arab world. In November of last year, Prince Talal, along with Queen Rania, took part in a meeting of the board of trustees of the Arab Open University. This is his follow-up visit, to lay a cornerstone for the university's campus in Jordan.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2007/Jun/26/17000.htm

Last edited:
May 5, 2009 - Queen attends 11th Arab Open University board meeting

AMMAN (JT) - Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday attended the 11th meeting of the Arab Open University (AOU) board of trustees, where members discussed the institution’s latest developments, including plans to build campuses in existing branches across the region. Co-chairing the meeting, Her Majesty was briefed by HRH Prince Talal Ben Abdul Aziz on the AOU’s 2009-2011 strategy. Queen attends 11th Arab Open University board meeting | Jordan Times

PETRA
ImageShack

Quite the turnout at the event, aside from Saudi Princes Talal bin Abdul Aziz and Alwaleed bin Talal, Prince Ra'ad and Jordanian Prime Minister Samir Rifai were also in attendance.

Some more pictures from ANP
Image gallery

Queen Rania inaugurates Arab Open University facility

Queen Rania, co-chair of AOU’s board of trustees, along with its chairman Prince Talal, unveiled a plaque next to the new building, which has been equipped with the latest technology to boost services, according to a statement from Her Majesty’s office.
During the ceremony, which was also attended by HRH Prince Raad and Prime Minister Samir Rifai, a short documentary on the university was shown, followed by a performance of the AOU anthem by Jordanian singer Omar Abdallat. Queen Rania inaugurates Arab Open University facility | Jordan Times

Last edited:
Photo by Rex Features ( 1128658b ) Queen of Jordan and Saudi Prince Talal Bin Abdel Aziz. Arab Open University launch in Amman, Jordan - 24 Feb 2010
ImageShack Album - 3 images

Back
Top Bottom