Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
It's pretty obvious even to us outsiders that any staff member who decides to take on Angela Kelly in a power-play will come off second best.

quote from the article:
Miss Kelly’s rise from a lowly Palace maid to the Queen’s first ever personal assistant with the rather grand title of Curator to Her Majesty the Queen (Jewellery, Insignia and Wardrobe) is the stuff of fairy tales. Brought up on a Liverpool council estate, she is today known in Buckingham Palace as the Queen’s ‘gatekeeper’ after 15 years of loyal service. It is an elevation that has made her unpopular with some Palace insiders, who refer to Miss Kelly’s all-female team as ‘the coven’.

Proximity and access to the Monarch was the desired goal centuries ago; it seems the same remains true today.
As a general rule, those who have it by personal favour are resented by those who don't.

Proximity and access to the Monarch was the desired goal centuries ago; it seems the same remains true today.
As a general rule, those who have it by personal favour are resented by those who don't.

I wonder if the younger designer tried to find a position with Camilla, for I have to say that since she started at BP, HM has been dressed very nice in the "in-house" couture dresses. Smart colours, smart fabrics and very favorable cuts. I would hate to see someone with such an eye for enhancing fashion should leave the Royal service completely. Isn't there the next queen who might like another good designer?

Curator to Her Majesty the Queen (Jewellery, Insignia and Wardrobe)
The jangling sounds you hear are the keys to those fabled vaults hanging from the formidable Miss Kelly's belt. No wonder some staff are envious and resentful! :D

The jangling sounds you hear are the keys to those fabled vaults hanging from the formidable Miss Kelly's belt. No wonder some staff are envious and resentful! :D

I didn't realise that! Now even I am envious and resentful!

I didn't realise that! Now even I am envious and resentful!

Well, I'm right there with you in that queue!
I just hope the loss of her designer is not detrimental to HM's amazing style of the last few years. I'd hate to see her go all frumpy & old-lady on us!

Pics 11.1.2009

Queen Elizabeth II attends the Sunday Morning Church
Service at Sandringham with the Duke of Edinburgh, Norfolk,
Britain - 11 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

In that first pic shes the mirror image of her Grandmother Queen Mary! Prince Philip looks well which is nice!

:previous:
It's pretty obvious even to us outsiders that any staff member who decides to take on Angela Kelly in a power-play will come off second best. ...
While Ms. Kelly should be lauded for her career advancement, I hope that Miss Kelly remembers of changes in the life of Mr. William Tullon after the death of his employer and prepares for rainy days.

Is that the same outfit she wore in either Slovakia or Slovenia? And I agree that it makes her look very much like Queen Mary. I think she should wear more of that style of hat.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip brave the cold weather, as
the temperature drops to -5 degrees on a pheasant shoot,
Sandringham estate, Norfolk, Britain - 10 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think the unidentified peron with Her Majesty is Lady Helen Taylor. I can see the blonde hair peeping out from her hat, and in other shots it certainly looks like her.

Link to a report that she was at Sandringham at the time.

EDP24 - Queen attends Sandringham church

While Ms. Kelly should be lauded for her career advancement, I hope that Miss Kelly remembers of changes in the life of Mr. William Tullon after the death of his employer and prepares for rainy days.
IIRC it was later proven that reports about Queen Mum's page and his descent into proverty had been wrong - The Prince of Wales had taken very good care of Tallon and I have no doubt that he will do the same for Ms. Kelly once the day has come.

Right now Ms. Kelly enjoys hard-earned perquisites of her position as Curator to Her Majesty the Queen (Jewellery, Insignia and Wardrobe). As aptly noted by Warren, the others envy her cordial relationship with Her Majesty. Everything ends sooner or later. Thus, I hope that she has got something (i.e., her own money and her own flat) to fall back. Additionally, she should remember that the British Royal family is known for accusing their servants/employees of stealing so-called treasured mementos, thereby tarnishing their reputations and undermining credibility. I hope that she is more far-sighted than Mr.Burrel or Mr. Tullon in this respect.
If Ms. Alison Pordum manages to find employment with the Clarence House, I am sure she will remind Ms.Kelly about "I design and Alison makes the clothes."

Is that the same outfit she wore in either Slovakia or Slovenia? And I agree that it makes her look very much like Queen Mary. I think she should wear more of that style of hat.

That is correct.

No doubt Prince Harry will be relieved that he is not the only person to have upset the Queen on her winter break at Sandringham this year.

For the case of the toppling Christmas tree has been exercising royal minds just as much as Harry's unfortunate video nasty.

Whoops! Royal tree is toppled | Mail Online

The member of staff mentioned here sounds like a character from a British comedy. I thought of "Mr. Bean" before he was mentioned in the article.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wnder how kindly the DoE might react to the analogy? Could it go something along the following lines: "That bloody woman can't open her mouth without putting her foot in it, can she, Cabbage?"

Could have been.... Who?????:ROFLMAO:

:lol:really fanny :ROFLMAO: DOE is the first lady !!!
i think he should joing the 'first ladys's association ':ROFLMAO:
this women always give some 'gaga' comments :whistling:

Pics 18.1.2009

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend a service at
Castle Rising Church, Sandringham, Norfolk - 18 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The queen looks lovely, as always.

Pics 17.1.2009

Prince Philip on a Pheasant Shoot, Sandringham Estate,
Norfolk, Britain - 17 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

In June, I am invited by the Belgian ambassador in London to the Opening Day of Royal Ascot in the Royal Enclosure. Is anyone familiar with the business there. Do you think it is possible to see or speak to The Queen and other members of the Royal Family.

Fabulous, Good Luck, have a wonderful time - but NO you will not get to speak to the Royals, but of course you have a very good chance of seeing them at quite close quarters. If you were to approach any of them I think you'd soon find the way blocked by the bodyguard, and your feet may not touch the ground on the way our of the royal enclosure....!

Congratulations, weather permitting I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. You will have every opportunity to see members of the Royal Family and most do have a walk around the enclosure, but it is unlikely (although, not impossible), you will have the chance to speak to them and only then if they speak to you first or you are introduced by your ambassador. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom