Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 3: Sept 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her siblings also have American citizenship as their father was physically present in the United States for more than five years.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...isition-US-Citizenship-Child-Born-Abroad.html

About the titles nothing has become official.

Carl, Oscar, Sigvard, Carl Johan and Lennart either renounced or were denied the use of their former ducal titles after they were removed from the line of succession and ceased to be HRHs. If precedence has any weight on this matter, the same rule should apply to Madeleine's children then.

It is also worth mentioning that titles like Prince Bernadotte or Count of Wisborg, which former princes of Sweden assumed after being excluded from the line of succession, were not Swedish titles, but rather titles of nobility granted in other jursidictions like Belgium or Luxembourg.

Leonor, Nicolas and nr 3 might have to be excluded from the line of succession at some point but i really don't think they will be striped of their titles. They have been made Duke and Duchess of swedish landscapes and although it has no practical meaning, it is a huge prestige for the landscapes to have a Royal Duke/Duchess. That's why i'm almost sure that they will never loose their titles.

In the past the princes did loose their titles, so the argument that it is a huge honour to have a royal duke didn't carry that much wait at that time. Nonetheless, they might deviate from that tradition and not revoke their titles.

And on the flip side, the king's sisters who married commoners retained their honorific title of Princess. This is the most modern example.

The princes mentioned lost their titles because they married commoners. We know those rules have changed decades ago. So how they were treated, title wise, when they lost their place in succession is not clear evidence of what would happen with Madeleine's kids.

The king granted them their ducal titles knowing it highly likely they wouldn't be raised in Sweden. If he was intending to strip them of their titles if they lost their place in succession, I doubt he would have granted them in the first place. They could have simply been Prince/princess without a ducal title. The titles, their giving out and their taking away, falls with the king.

There is a lot of photoshop going on on the cover. :whistling:?

A few years and and a few pounds off and a handsome man! ;) Though I think Chris is a handsome man all the time. I like him. I think Madeleine lucked out so soon after her misfortunes, meeting a man who is genuinely in love with her.

Me too Lady N....awful if she had married Jonas (I think that was his name) and then he'd cheated or kept cheating.

LaRae

Chris himself grew up in a torn family, so it's not strange he cares so much about his own family.

Expressen writes about the summer house in Florida.
Although one of Florida's most prestigious brokers has been hired to sell Chris O'Neill's summer house, it hasn't been sold yet. Margareta Thorgren said that the court has no comments on this.

Why would they comment? :huh: I think this would be in the realm of private business.

In magazine Mama: We offer a big report about Princess Madeleine: about the life with three children, pregnancies, relationship with Chris - pictures from everyday life mixed with life as a princess, both before and after kids.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhN2QrCgUv-/?taken-by=tidningenmama

Disappointing, Mama magazine has made an article with a lot of old photos and some quotes of what Madeleine and Chris have said in their interviews previously.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Svensk Damtidning tells that Madeleine was the main organizer of Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb's hen party some weeks ago. Together with Caroline Leksell, Tin-Tin af Buren, Stephanie Bergström and Bathina Philipson they "kidnapped" Lussan to a flight to Nice. They went in different flights so that they world not get so much attention. They met in Saint-Tropez and spent the hen party there.
https://www.svenskdam.se/2018/06/vi-avslojar-madeleines-hemliga-mohippa-for-basta-vanninan/

Last edited:
Madeleine and Chris are this evening at Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and Gustav Thott's "rehearsal dinner".
Madeleine and Chris arrived together with Lussan and Gustav to Trosa harbour and went to a boat, which soon left. Lussan and Gustav had organized this to people closest to them. Family Gottlieb's summer house is in Trosa.
Här startar prinsessan Madeleines fest med _Lussan_
ROYAL: Madeleine feiert die Hochzeit ihrer besten Freundin "Lussan" - Feierliche Bootstour am Vortag in Trosa

Today is also Lussan's 36th birthday.

Last edited:
Madeleine celebrates today her 36th birthday. Photo by Erika Gerdemark. People can congratulate her at court Facebook or with the form at the court website.
Prinsessan Madeleine fyller 36 år - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photo
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...deleine_Foto_Erika_GerdemarkKungahuset.se.jpg

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset....1528614240./1821987457860158/?type=3&theater
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1cNrpnEa2/?taken-by=kungahuset

Margareta Thorgren said that Madeleine celebrates privately with family and friends in Stockholm.
Födelsedagsbilden på Madeleine – 36 år

Last edited:
Madeleine told in February 2017 to the media, that she is writing a children's book. And that the book would be published in a year.

Since no book was launched last winter, Svensk Damtidning asked about the book from Margareta Thorgen.
How is it going with Madeleine's book project?
- The princess has had one more child and much focus has been made on family life. But during this time, she has been continuously working on the project and it is well advanced. We will soon be able to tell you more details, Thorgren said.
She does not want to reveal of what kind of a book it is, but says that it is a children's book and that it is a publishing house which will publish the book.
Will the book be in Swedish or English?
- We are thinking about both, but we start with the Swedish version.
Så går det för Madeleines barnbok - därför är den försenad _ Svensk Damtidning

It looks like Madeleine wasn't happy with the nanny/friend (could it be godparent Coralie Charriol Paul?) or with Leonore.

Last edited:
It looks like Madeleine wasn't happy with the nanny/friend (could it be godparent Coralie Charriol Paul?) or with Leonore.

I'm quite sure that the woman is Katarina von Horn, Madeleine's friend and godmother of Nicolas.

Posts about Princess Madeleine and Family moving to Florida have been moved to a separate thread, which you can find here.

Just curious, what, I know it's a baseball hat, but what type of hat does Madeleine have on?

I thought they moved to palm beach, not Miami. The baby is so cute

:previous: Chris had a house in Palm Beach, and when the story first came out about the move to Florida, the educated guesses were that they were moving to that house.

It later came out that the O'Neills were actually moving to Miami and renting a house there. IIRC the Palm Beach house has been sold.

:previous: Sweet photos, it seems that they're fitting into their new lifestyle in Miami well.
Nicholas looks like he is going to be very tall, which is a gene he seems to share with his cousin Estelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom