Princess Märtha Louise relinquishes her official duties - November 8, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Martha Louise's Announcement
I post this video on this platform because it deals with the separation between me as a princess of Norway and my commercial work

1. In consultation with His Majesty the King and the rest of the immediate family, I have decided that, at the present time, I will not continue my official duties as patron of various organizations. Someone else in the family will take over my role. I wish the organizations the best of luck with the important work they are doing.
2. It has been a nice process with a high ceiling where we have all embraced each other's views in a loving and respectful way
3. Durek Verrett and I will only use Märtha Louise in social media, in media productions or in connection with other commercial activities.
4. I am concerned with health and research and myself have an education in the field of health as a physiotherapist and respect school medicine. I see alternative medicine as an important supplement to school medicine
5. Hope this brings greater peace both for the Royal House in their important work and for my fiance, Durek Verrett and me
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CksiTPJDXZH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here are some detailed press releases made by the Palace:

** Prinsesse Märtha Louise frasier seg sine offisielle oppgaver ** translation **

** kongehuset: Prinsesse Märtha Louises og Durek Verretts roller og veien videre **

Princess Märtha Louise's and Durek Verrett's roles and the way forward

Detailed information about the Princess ending her official duties for the Royal Household.

The Princess renounces her patronage, which today sets the framework for the Princess's official duties for the Royal Household, and will not represent the Royal Household at the present time. The patronage organizations will be offered royal patronage from other members of the Royal Family.

The King and Queen wish to thank Princess Märtha Louise for the important efforts the Princess has made through her official work for decades. She has carried out her work with care, warmth and great commitment.

In accordance with the King's wish, the Princess will retain her title. The princess will continue as chairman of the board of Princess Märtha Louise's Fund.

In the same way as Erling Lorentzen, Johan Martin Ferner and Ari Behn, Durek Verrett will become part of the Royal Family when they marry, but in line with tradition he will not have any title or represent the Royal House.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett will be present at important markings in the family, for example at birthday celebrations — or at certain major sporting events where it is a tradition for the Royal Family to participate together.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett will make a clearer distinction between their own activities and their connection to the Royal House.

The princess decided in consultation with her family in 2019 that she will not use the princess title in connection with her business activities. This principle now also applies to her fiancé Durek Verrett.

This means that they must not make visible their connection to the Royal Household in their own social media channels (with the exception of @PrincessMarthaLouise on Instagram), in media productions or in connection with other commercial activity. In practice, this means that the Princess and Durek Verrett must refrain from mentioning this association through, for example, @tagging, use of the princess title, or use of images or mention of other members of the Royal Household in channels where commercial activity also takes place. This includes interviews whose main purpose is to draw attention to commercial activity.

This arrangement is intended to clarify a clearer distinction between commercial activity and the Royal Household. The purpose is to create calm around the Royal Palace and at the same time give greater freedom for the Princess and Durek Verrett in their business activities, life and work.

As an extension of this clarification, we at the Royal Palace wish to communicate the following:

We think it is very nice that the Princess has become engaged, and want Durek Verrett to feel welcome in our family.

The situation we as a family have been in recently has, however, highlighted issues that are complex and have many different aspects to them that we seek to take into account.

For us, it is important to safeguard the relationship of trust with the Norwegian people, while at the same time safeguarding the family in the best possible way. The limits of what one can say and do, while representing the Royal House, have been questioned and have been challenged. That is why we see a need to clarify roles and the use of the princess title.

We are also concerned with being able to live well together, despite our differences. We strongly distance ourselves from the racist attitudes Durek Verrett has been exposed to, especially on social media. It is a strength that the Royal Palace reflects the ethnic diversity found in Norway.

It can be difficult to understand how direct or indirect, conscious or unconscious racism can be experienced, for those of us who have not experienced it ourselves. Unfortunately, there are many people in Norway today who experience discrimination and racism.

We must work together to put an end to this.

Over generations, we in Norway have painstakingly created a society built on knowledge and research, on freedom of expression - and on a constant expansion of the Norwegian "we" as our society has become more diverse. We want to continue working for a society with great tolerance where we do not make hasty conclusions about others, but sincerely try to meet each other.

We want a society where there is room for everyone in a generous community, and where we meet each other with respect. This applies both in our close relationships and in the larger society we create together.
About health and science

The members of the Royal House have great confidence in the Norwegian healthcare system and Norwegian health authorities. A knowledge- and research-based approach, carried out by skilled healthcare personnel within the entire breadth of the healthcare system, has given Norway one of the world's best healthcare services for the entire population.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have also emphasized on several occasions that they both trust and use school medicine and the Norwegian healthcare system.

When asked about her views on alternative medicine and evidence-based school medicine, Princess Märtha Louise expressed the following:

"Throughout my life I have been concerned with health and research. I am passionate about us arriving at new knowledge about how our health works. Through my own education as a physiotherapist, I have gained thorough knowledge of how important research-based knowledge is for the development of subjects, and not least how important it is for every vulnerable person.

I am grateful that we in Norway have a good healthcare system. I am impressed by all the knowledgeable people in hospitals, doctors' offices and educational institutions across the country. I myself have been helped by them many times - as have most people in the country.

At the same time, I believe that a good life and healthy physical and mental health are also about things that may not be so easy to conclude in a research report. Many preventive measures are of course documented - such as a healthy diet, proper exercise and a good balance between work and leisure. In other areas of life — such as spirituality, closeness to people and animals, yoga and meditation — the medicinal effect may not be as well known or documented. In recent years, for example, there have been research results that conclude that meditation contributes to stress reduction.

I believe that alternative methods can be an important supplement to school medicine for many. A warm hand, a needle, a crystal, naturopathy, yoga, meditation or a listening conversation, I think can help make life better for many people. Not instead of, but in addition to the treatment provided by the healthcare system. As a natural consequence, some people have this as a business activity.

We see successful collaborations between school medicine and the alternative - for example, by acupuncture being used in maternity wards in Norwegian hospitals, or horses being used as a supplement to psychiatric and drug treatment at Gaustad Hospital. It is in this field of cooperation and bridge-building that I want to continue. I go to the doctor at the same time as using acupuncture and working with energies. I go to yoga and I meditate - as I find many people do.

All of these have been constants in my life. I try to be true to myself, and live a life between objective dimensions and self-perceived experience.

I understand that many people are concerned with what I do and say. My title imposes a responsibility on me. Therefore, it is important to me, also in my business activities, that I distinguish between me as a private person and me as a member of the royal family. Sometimes I stumble, and am happy for supportive advice along the way.

For me, it is important to be honest with myself and with the people around me about these questions. I know where I stand, and hope that my positions are allowed to be mine, without others having to stand in for them. So I also don't want to be taken as an income for other people's opinions."

And the website has been updated with English versions of the announcement:

** royalcourt: Princess Märtha Louise to relinquish her official duties **

** royalcourt: The roles of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett moving forward **

King Harald Queen Sonja gave a press conference on the decison concerning Princess Märtha Louise in the afternoon:

** Pic ** gallery **

Märtha Louise and Durek shared a statement via video:

** instagram video **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom