Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh. Small world. (Okay, one factually-ascertainable thing he's said.) Maybe now he can work on winning the rest of the Norwegians over?

:previous: Considering the Sham has a propensity for embellishing until we see actual genealogical records I question much of anything he says about his family's background. If ML were an Italian princess I can't help but think he would be saying he is part Italian. However...

Early on in the lovebirds' relationship Marlene Eilers Koenig addressed Sham's background on her Royal Musings blogpost. Royal Musings: Princess Martha Louise announces she is in love again

His mother is listed as Shiela Farmer living in New Mexico at the time of her marriage to David Verrett in Las Vegas in 1972. Given this from the history of names: "The name Farmer came to England with the ancestors of the Farmer family in the Norman Conquest in 1066." So, looking into the way wayback machine Sham descended from Vikings.:lol:

https://www.houseofnames.com/farmer-family-crest

Last edited:
:previous: Considering the Sham has a propensity for embellishing until we see actual genealogical records I question much of anything he says about his family's background. If ML were an Italian princess I can't help but think he would be saying he is part Italian. However...

Early on in the lovebirds relationship Marlene Eilers Koenig addressed Sham's background on her Royal Musings blogpost. Royal Musings: Princess Martha Louise announces she is in love again

His mother is listed as Shiela Farmer living in New Mexico at the time of her marriage to David Verrett in Las Vegas in 1972. Given this from the history of names: "The name Farmer came to England with the ancestors of the Farmer family in the Norman Conquest in 1066." So, looking into the way wayback machine Sham decended from Vikings.:lol:

https://www.houseofnames.com/farmer-family-crest
I guess that's enough for him to refer to himself as partly Norwegian...

Hope to soon wake up from this nightmare. Happy that she isn't the Crown Princess. She is the oldest one... But then he would never have been accepted as her partner.

Well, maybe had she been the crown princess, she wouldn't need all her angel-psychedelic-esoteric-stuff and be a hard working royal.

That thread is quite cringe- and fear- inducing. Please, ML, wake up before it's too late...

For what it's worth, this website takes issue with many of the claims Durek Verrett has made about his family, including his alleged Norwegian ancestry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/newsbotbot/comments/hm4vb1/nytimes_durek_verrett_friend_of_gwyneth_paltrow/

Excellent collection of shamster Durek Verrett's family background. Again, if he has any Norwegian ancestry its 8th and 9th century and only loosely based on his mother's maiden last name of Farmer.

For anyone reading Gawin's treasure trove of reddit info, the acclaimed Julliard educated opera singer Shirley Verrett is his father's sister, the sham's aunt. Her memoir is a wealth of family background. Shirley's book tells us that carrying on Catholic tradition, Shirley’s mother (Durek’s grandmother) “strongly disapproved of anyone who practiced voodoo,” which she described as “negative arts.” She recalls her mother went from being a strict Catholic to an even stricter Seventh Day Adventist.

Therefore, Durek’s claims of “voodoo culture” in his father’s family’s tradition via Mamal are totally false. His claim that his father was Mamal’s “apprentice at the age of 11” is also false, since Mamal died when his father was barely 8. And according to Shirley’s book, the claims that Durek’s father witnessed Mamal’s shaman activities are also false.

After reading through the documents from the reddit downloads, I think there is enough validation via legitimate sources ie Ancestry.com (which I have had membership in) and other historical detail as court records and newspapers that the egregious lies and layers of fabrication are worse than I even imagined. I am very concerned for Princess Martha Louise. As a brother, Crown Prince and future King of Norway, Haakon would do well to hire a reputable investigative agency so as to understand just who it is that has invaded and taken over ML's life.

Last edited:
Martha Louise reply to Durek post:

" I am so grateful for having opened up to receive this love. I feel so lucky to have a man who expresses his feelings for me in this way and to have found this profound, deep love. Sometimes I have to pinch myself. In @shamandurek ‘s own words:
Being with the love of my life, a powerful wise woman who accepts all sides of me, makes it possible for me to be me with unconditional love and support. She sees me as I see her with pure acceptance in a relationship that is transparent and full of laughter, spiritual growth and deep soulful love. This transparent relationship allows me to show up, be present and hold space for her to shine without being insecure or afraid of being a powerful man who loves all manner of life on Earth. I love being here in Norway, since I'm part Norwegian, and love the people and nature here. I love family; Maud, Leah, Emma, our dog Xavanna and all our close friends here and especially my newly acquired family. Life is beautiful when you’re with the ones you love. I feel the best I have felt in a very long time. Thank you God."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGaC3RRgVVR/

More than a private investigator, why haven't the Norwegian intelligence services told him to take a hike yet? Can they surely know everything about him, more than ML does, and not consider him a security risk? Or do they not concern themselves with ML because she's not part of the Royal House? :/

More than a private investigator, why haven't the Norwegian intelligence services told him to take a hike yet? Can they surely know everything about him, more than ML does, and not consider him a security risk? Or do they not concern themselves with ML because she's not part of the Royal House? :/

Which actions of his have risked the country's national security?

As I said - don't they have to worry about ML's personal security, or do they not because she's not part of the Royal House? He's together with the child of a reigning monarch and the sister of a future one. He could be any kind of a risk, including none, and I still imagine they would have to go over every single thing they know about him to his face.

Maybe it partly explains why he's been on good behavior, thus far.

As I said - don't they have to worry about ML's personal security, or do they not because she's not part of the Royal House? He's together with the child of a reigning monarch and the sister of a future one. He could be any kind of a risk, including none, and I still imagine they would have to go over every single thing they know about him to his face.

Maybe it partly explains why he's been on good behavior, thus far.

Thank you for the clarification. :flowers: I am not sure if the national security service routinely conducts background checks on partners or friends of the royals. (That might have prevented the Crown Princess's meetings with Jeffrey Epstein.) I haven't heard of similar policies in the other European monarchies. Even in the Netherlands, the sole European monarchy where there is a constitutional mandate for royal marriages to obtain the consent of Parliament, I believe the background checks are only conducted when a marriage is planned.

As much as I think that he’s nothing more than a snake-oil salesman and not a good person, and that this relationship is not a particularly healthy one, I don’t think the Norwegian intelligence service or the royal family could do anything about him. ML is a consenting adult, and as far as we can tell he’s not a national security risk, isn’t advising her to come in the way of the throne in any way, and other than having some really weird spiritual beliefs isn’t involved in anything illegal. Despite it all she seems happy with him. It will be interesting to see what happens if they do get married though- if he’ll be welcome at official events and things like that, because I could see him being a real attention-stealer at them, or using his status a member of the Norwegian Royal Family to hawk his strange beliefs. I’m also hopeful that ML’s daughters are old enough not to be caught up under his influence.

Then how exactly do the security services make sure people around the monarch are not in relationships with embezzelers or spies? I feel like there must be more done in the background that isn't contingent on marriage.

Good point, Tatiana Maria. ML's boyfriend appears to be an exceptionally clever con artist with a very concerning past history. If a vulnerable member of my family were being brainwashed and exploited we would certainly try to intervene however possible. Considering Martha Louise is a member of the royal family I would hope close attention is being given to every move this man makes while he is a guest in Norway. The guy is bad news!

Everything I've heard about the relationship between ML and the Shaman has come across to me that their relationship is built on a lot of cotton candy, unicorns and rainbows saturated with an overabundance of gooey sweet syrup. To me, that's not signs of a true relationship and partnership that could withstand much when the proverbial crap hits the fan and things go bump in the night and there's those "I love you but I really, really do not like you much these days".

A true loving relationship brings out the best in each other and allows them to be individuals with their own worth. ML and the Shaman seem to me to hinge everything on their being together "as one". Usually that kind of relationship has a dominant figure with the other being a follower. I think they're trying too hard to emphasize just how "close" they are rather than what they plan to do together and, just as important, what they plan to do apart from each other.

I don't see it lasting. Cotton candy melts under heat and unicorns are extinct and most important, in order to see a rainbow, you gotta stand a little rain here and there. :D

Snake oil Salesman comes to mind. He makes me feel uncomfortable, really don't know why.

Good point, Tatiana Maria. ML's boyfriend appears to be an exceptionally clever con artist with a very concerning past history. If a vulnerable member of my family were being brainwashed and exploited we would certainly try to intervene however possible. Considering Martha Louise is a member of the royal family I would hope close attention is being given to every move this man makes while he is a guest in Norway. The guy is bad news!

I rather think that the rest of the royal family doesn't approve of this relationship. However, their opportunities for intervention are limited in my opinion. If they told her that he is a conman and their relationship unhealthy, she is growing dependent on him etc. Would she believe them and stay away from the shaman?
No, of course not, but rather the opposite, I believe. She would probably feel misunderstood, and distance herself from her family. So there isn't really much they can do about the relationship.

It's always like that with relationships like these, in my experience. The person who fell for the conperson and has become dependent on them, won't believe anyone that tells them so. They have to, hopefully, come to that conclusion themselves one day.

They have probably tried to make her see sense in more subtle ways but obviously she hasn't. The shaman has filled her head with his ideas and has, perhaps most dangerously, given her the impression that his presence cures her depression :ohmy::ohmy:

Interesting, I wonder if Durek's Norwegian heritage was one of the reasons why he clicked with ML. It's a small world indeed!

Interesting, I wonder if Durek's Norwegian heritage was one of the reasons why he clicked with ML. It's a small world indeed!

Ahhh... George Harrison made the mistake once stating that jelly beans were his favorite treat. I love jelly beans but damn... that never connected me at all with George.

They share a mutual heritage from the past but I don't believe that "drew" them together any more than me eating jelly beans would draw me closer to George. :D

Is this a step-by-step to an Engagement announcement at a suitable moment?

Ahhh... George Harrison made the mistake once stating that jelly beans were his favorite treat. I love jelly beans but damn... that never connected me at all with George.

They share a mutual heritage from the past but I don't believe that "drew" them together any more than me eating jelly beans would draw me closer to George. :D

It would, however, certainly ease the conversation and subject matters on the first date.

I share the same birthday (different year) as George Harrison, that's a closer connection than jelly beans.?

As far as the sham's Norwegian roots, saying it, doesn't make it so. He needs to take a DNA ethnicity test.
Something tells me he didn't start this "look, I'm Norwegian, too" business until after staking eyes on the Princess. Oh my:ohmy::sad:

I am a history buff but I don’t get the whole DNA ethnicity crap. Sorry but I watch those commercials where people suddenly learn they are a different culture and it’s a change. If your ethnic culture is so far back you don’t know it without a test it doesn’t impact who you are. I am British, Irish and German. I know that as my family in living memory came from there. That’s where our traditions and such come from.

He is not Norwegian. Just another desperate claim as his link to Martha and her name. Any more then if I found out my Scottish ancestors had some Viking blood. Next thing he will be claiming he is descended from ancient Norway kings. Or some great explorer.

^^^Exactly that.
And of course he will find more ways to be connected to her. Because, you know, their's is a meaningful connection.

Back
Top Bottom