Princess Máxima, Current Events 4 (April - September 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
A lot.

It is beautiful spring weather, the nation has a week off for Easter, the media are fighting to have the scoop and there is rumour about will it be a Prince or not (not to be compared with former times, since the gender does not play a role anymore since 1983).

That is great news. I'm glad there is so much anticipation! It must be really cool being there. I have a little dream to one day be in one of these European countries when a new little royal is born and to just feel and witness the excitement would be awesome. Maybe I'll make it to Sweden when Victoria has her first!:ROFLMAO:

p.s. I'm kind of afraid to log off I don't want miss anything.

Last edited:
easter?

The nation does not have a week of for Easter. If only!LOL! We only have the day off on monday (today)

prinsesbeagle said:
The nation does not have a week of for Easter. If only!LOL! We only have the day off on monday (today)
Really? Only Monday :sad: !!

Gosh, it's getting so exciting now that the time of the birth gets closer. I just hope everything will be alright and a beautiful baby arrive. But if it will be better if it's finally a boy. A little boy who WA will play football with ;)

Amber26 said:
Most of the pictures are from De Keukenhof; that's not Amsterdam, the same for most of the other pictures, not Amsterdam. It seems to me that the American people think Holland has only one place en that's Amsterdam. Believe me, there is far more than Amsterdam, even better. I life in the east of Holland; if you will see green than you have to go to the east, it's beatiful here, it's called the backyard of Holland. So if you are comming, stap by :flowers:

Yes; Amber26. You are right. I visited your country sometime ago, and I knew the East going to germany. It's like you depicted it: very green, plenty of treer. Really beatiful! Hope I may visit there again!

Vanesa.:)

cristine said:
Gosh, it's getting so exciting now that the time of the birth gets closer. I just hope everything will be alright and a beautiful baby arrive. But if it will be better if it's finally a boy. A little boy who WA will play football with ;)

Since I like extended families, with mixed children (I mean boys and girls)...I hope that Princess Maxima would give birth to a boy...I have already two boys as nephews, and I'm waiting for a little girl, now. I hate monotonous things...Howevers, when one wants so hard something, destiny always decides otherwise, so...:lol: We must accept what God's wants.

Vanesa.

I was thinking maybe the hakes mean that she is scheduled to go to the hospital on a certain date to be induced? Or maybe they just put the hakes there when her due date comes around. I've heard she's due the last half of April, but I never knew if a certain date was given. My doctor gave me a date and it was pretty acurate with my 2 girls. Sorry guys, don't mean to ramble on:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

prinsesbeagle said:

Indeed not 'the nation' but all schools are closed, hundreds and thousands of Dutch have left the country and the same hundreds of thousands of foreigners are invading the Netherlands this week.

:flowers:

You can see it on the roads: much calmer and almost no traffic congestions this week.

Home delivery?

VANN said:
I was thinking maybe the hakes mean that she is scheduled to go to the hospital on a certain date to be induced? Or maybe they just put the hakes there when her due date comes around. I've heard she's due the last half of April, but I never knew if a certain date was given. My doctor gave me a date and it was pretty acurate with my 2 girls. Sorry guys, don't mean to ramble on:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think the fences are just a precaution by the municipality of The Hague.

We even do not know if the Princess will go to hospital again, or will give birth at home, as is the tradition in the Netherlands (I believe the Netherlands have the highest rate of home-deliveries in the developed world).

The two previous pregnancies of Princess Máxima ended with natural births and without sedation, both at the Bronovo Hospital.

Princess Beatrix gave birth to three sons, three caesareans, also all three of them in hospital.
She was the first with that: all Princes and Princesses before were born in a palace.

Last edited:
I hope to know xsomething soon!!!!
I am so excited to see what happen...a boy will be great but a little princess also !!! :D

I can't wait either! I am afraid to log off, just in case something happens while I'm logged off. I am hoping for a healthy baby, but twins would be great! lol

Well, the previous two times it buzzed in no time around that the Princess was taken into hospital. Both times early in the morning and both times she succesfully delivered in the late afternoon/early evening.

So when you hear the Princess is in hospital, we can wait some 8 to 12 hours later for the new baby.

I am so excited! I do not care what she has! A little boy would be nice but little girls are precious! I have three sisters and I myself want to have a girl someday!

It is amazing how with the three princes there is only one boy (and six girls!) for Queen Beatrix to have as grandkids!

Does anyone have an idea on how long will it be till we'll see Maxima again? I know she just had a baby, so not for at least another 2 weeks or maybe more.. Im not talking about a photosession but as an event

I read somewhere that her agenda was closed all the way to the month of May. So we won't see her "oficially" until June or July I am guessing.

dazzling said:
Does anyone have an idea on how long will it be till we'll see Maxima again? I know she just had a baby, so not for at least another 2 weeks or maybe more.. Im not talking about a photosession but as an event

Women in The Netherlands have the right to take 16 weeks maternity leave (6 weeks before and 10 weeks after the expected due date). Because the princess worked till 2 April, she has actually maternity leave till 23 July. But perhaps we will see her before this date.

The Watcher said:
Women in The Netherlands have the right to take 16 weeks maternity leave (6 weeks before and 10 weeks after the expected due date). Because the princess worked till 2 April, she has actually maternity leave till 23 July. But perhaps we will see her before this date.

Thanks.Totally not expecting that answer. But its good to know how each country has there on way for maternity leave. I do hope we see her before that:flowers:

Well, I do expect that she will attend remembrence day on May 4, the court didn' t make an announcement that she wouldn't (like they did with Queensday).

It's not until another 14 days, if she gets back enough strong to take part in the event.

Máxima is most popular royal
Friday 20 April 2007

Princess Máxima is the most popular member of the Dutch royal family, with 26% of the population voting for her, a full 10 percentage points in front of queen Beatrix. Read full article here

Somehow, I'm not surprised that she's the frontrunner.

dazzling said:
Máxima is most popular royal
Friday 20 April 2007

Princess Máxima is the most popular member of the Dutch royal family, with 26% of the population voting for her, a full 10 percentage points in front of queen Beatrix. Read full article here

I thought that during the celebrations of Queen Beatrix's 25 year jubilee she was ahead or at least equal to her daughter-in-law in popularity.

oh well. I am not at all surprised really.

The Watcher said:

The Princess does not fall under a 'CAO' (collective labour agreement) nor is she in the service of any employer. Under the Act Financial Statute Royal House 1972 the spouses to the present, the former and the future Sovereign receive an own dotation.

There is no any job description, there are no working hours, there is no holiday regulation or something like maternity- or sick leave. It is totally up to the persons themselves. Look at Prince Claus, Princess Juliana and Prince Bernhard who hardly appeared in public the last years but nevertheless year in and year out received the same royal dotation as if they had 50 engagements any day.

My prediction for the first appearances of the Princess:
- April 27th (birthday of HRH The Prince of Orange)
- May 4th (Remembrance and wreathlaying ceremony at Dam Square) picture

Children bringing a drawing at the birthday boy's private mansion in The Hague

A guard has fainted in front of the Prince's mansion

Aw... that does not look good

Ah... the lad is doing fine again....

The Prince only uses this mansion as a pied à terre and to accomodate guests

But in 2001 he waved from this house to the crowds, after the announcement of his engagement. His fiancée is overwhelmed of happiness.

Last edited:
Poor guard! Did this happen recently?

pollyemma said:
I thought that during the celebrations of Queen Beatrix's 25 year jubilee she was ahead or at least equal to her daughter-in-law in popularity.

oh well. I am not at all surprised really.

The problem with the poll is: 'who is the most popular?'

And you have only one choice. Having Queen Beatrix on 2 and the Prince of Orange on 3 does not mean they are not liked. They are very popular as well.

The result only means that the Princess is even more popular than the popular Queen or the popular Prince of Orange.

Kelly said:
Poor guard! Did this happen recently?

It must have been a few years ago. Since 2003 the Prince and Princess live at Villa Eikenhorst (The Eyrie between the Oaks), see picture, at the private royal domain De Horsten (The Eyries). See the picture of the paradise-like green surroundings of their villa.

From March 30st 2001 (engagement) to February 2nd 2002 (wedding) Máxima lived in an annex on the domain of Huis ten Bosch Palace, the Queen's private residence in The Hague. See picture. You see a few annexes on the domain, for an example near the swimming pool. Máxima lived in one of these during her engagement. On this picture you see her leaving via a side-wing to the main building.

After her marriage she lived for a while at Noordeinde 66, the Prince's private mansion in the centre of The Hague, which is at the backside connected with a wing of Noordeinde Palace. Somewhere in 2003 the couple moved to their present villa.

Before her engagement with the Prince, Máxima lived in the appartments of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien (in Brussels, Belgium). See picture. Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien have their salons and appartments on the 3rd (with the long balcony) and the 4th floor. They live there with Countess Eloise, Count Claus-Casimir, Countess Leonore and of course also their staff and security.

Wasn't it already known in 2002 that they would live in the Villa? Why did they wait until 2003? Sorry I do not remember...

Verde Esmeralda said:
Wasn't it already known in 2002 that they would live in the Villa? Why did they wait until 2003? Sorry I do not remember...

The villa was fully renovated and refurbished to the wishes of the new Princess and this took a long time.

Also security measures (a new double fence, a building for the guards, a new camera system, a new swimmingpool, etc.) were build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom