Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 4: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess of Asturias tomorrow reinitiates in Barcelona her official activity three months after the birth of Leonor

from europapress

MADRID, 30 Ene. (EUROPE PRESS) -

Princess de Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, will tomorrow reinitiate in Barcelona her official activity agreeing with the day in that three months of the birth of their daughter are marked, Infanta Leonor.

Its first institutional act accompanying Prince Felipe will be the commemorative supper that is celebrated in the Palace of Congresses of Catalonia, in the occasion of the centenary of the daily 'Mundo Deportivó'.

While, the first official trip of both will take place the 10 of February to the Bulgarian capital, Sofía, where they will inaugurate a Cervantes Institute, like they did in the past with the centers of Stockholm, Belgrade or Budapest. For this year 2006 they also have predicted to attend the opening of the Institutes Cervantes de Beijing and Naples.

From the birth of Infant Leonor at dawn of the 31 of October, Doña Letizia as soon as she has themselves separated of his daughter and she had his first public appearance in the reception that offered King Juan Carlos in the Royal Palace at the end of November with occasion of its 30 years of reign.

The following act witnessed by notary public of Princess de Asturias was the baptism of Infant Leonor the past 14 of January in the Palace of the Zarzuela. In recent days it increased his exits, last the past Tuesday at night when it went with Queen Sofía, Infanta Elena and Princess Irene to the Albéniz Theater of Madrid.

Last edited:
I believe that tomorrow or Wednesday we will have enough images, the journalists and the photographers are needed images.:p

So is the trip to Bulgaria crashing witht he Statevisit of President Putin, I have read two different dates for the Zervantes trip? I would love for them to attend the gala dinner, it has been along time since last time.

Larzen said:
So is the trip to Bulgaria crashing witht he Statevisit of President Putin, I have read two different dates for the Zervantes trip? I would love for them to attend the gala dinner, it has been along time since last time.

The Inauguration of the Cervantes Institute is day 10. The trip of Putin days 8 and 9, so it is possible that day 8 is dinner of gala. ;)

I don't strictly follow Letizia but do keep up with the major events. She is a lovely woman/princess/mother with an adorable daughter. I'm just wondering when she will be able to some solo official duties. She's only done one so far that I know of and that was by default as Felipe was supposed to be there. I know different countries do solo official duties differently but Letizia seems like such a capable person; I would love to see her do some duties on her own. When is it customary for Spanish royals to take on solo offical duties (royal by marriage strictly speaking)?

An agenda of trips delays
Letizia retakes its work of princess

According to Barcelonian means, in the agenda of the princess of Asturias appears a trip to Chile next to her husband for the 11 of March, to the investiture of the elect president, Michelle Bachelet.
In addition to the protocolic acts of the crossing of powers in Chile, the princes of Asturias have an invitation to visit the day-care center Princess Letizia.
That center of welcome of minors, located near Santiago, and its maintenance, was the gift that the Chilean Government made the princes when they married.

http://deportes.eluniversal.com/2006/02/05/til_art_05392B.shtml

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/02/08/letizia-agenda2/

What is Letizia going to do for the next months?

The year of Princess Letizia’s maternity may probably also be the one of her great fly as Princess. The agenda of her first week of official activity, after the maternity leave, already gives a slight idea of a greater protagonism that Doña Letizia will assume throughout the this year.

In fact, the Princess of Asturias faces these days a marathon of activities, that started last Monday with a swift visit to Tatoi (Greece), along with her husband, Prince Felipe, Queen Sofia and the Infantas Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, in order to pay tribute to Queen Federica (mother of the Spanish sovereign), at the 25th anniversary of her death. At her return, the Princess travelled to Valencia, in order to inaugurate, along with the Prince, the 24th International Fair of Ceramics, Kitchen and Bath Equipments (CEVISAMA 2006), where more than 1400 companies from the five continents are exhibiting their collections. Today, Wednesday, the commitments of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia are located at home. The Princes joined the Kings and the Infantas in the lunch offered to the Russian President, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, and his wife, Liudmila, which took place at the Palace of La Zarzuela. Tonight, Doña Letizia will dress a gown and tiara for the first time since the birth, so to attend the gala dinner offered by Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, at the Royal Palace. Finally, this tight week of activities end with the Princes of Asturias travelling to Sofia, Bulgaria, for the inauguration of the new headquarters of the Cervantes Institute.

Besides, the following months will also full of acts, in case it’s confirmed that the Princess will accompany Don Felipe to a the investitures of the new heads of state; 9 in all: Bolivia, Honduras, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, Portugal, Peru and Venezuela.

New wardrobe
For the next months, the Princess is already managing new clothes for the acts she has ahead of her. Doña Letizia has returned once again to trust the Spanish designers Adolpho Domínguez and Felipe Varela, for the daytime official acts of the next weeks, and Lorenzo Caprile, for gala gowns.

With or without Leonor?
One of the incognitos is whether the Princess will travel with her baby (like princess Mary of Denmark and other princesses) or not. In case the Princess of Asturias decides not to travel with little Leonor, then the first act of the girl after the baptism will be fulfilment of the familiar tradition of being presented to the Virgin of Atocha. Tradition says that the ceremony would be celebrated, when the girl turns five months old, around end of March or early April.

NEW MUM LETIZIA JOINS FELIPE BACK IN THE PUBLIC EYE

Letizia's agenda is packed with engagements for the first time since the birth of daughter Leonor in October. On Monday she made a lightning visit to Greece along with the rest of the royal household to pay tribute to Felipe's maternal grandmother, Princess Frederika on the 25th anniversary of her death.

At the end of the week the hard-working princess is off to the Bulgarian capital Sofia, where she'll open a centre for the Cervantes Institute, an organisation which promotes Spanish culture abroad.

And things are set to get even busier in the future as she'll be juggling caring for her baby with accompanying Felipe on visits later this year to several Latin American countries.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/09/felipeandletizia/

Everything is ready so that Princess de Asturias receives the Ham of Teruel number 3 million

Regulating Council of the Denomination of Origin Ham de Teruel has arrived at an accumulated production from three million pieces, a very important number that he wants to celebrate by all the stop giving to him the piece that makes that number to Princess de Asturias.
Doña Leticia Ortiz accepted past month of April of 2005 this award that tomorrow will receive from hands of the president of the Regulating Council of the Denomination of Origin, Ham de Teruel, Enrique Bayonne.
According to the cabinet of press in the page Web of the Real House (www.casareal.es), the hearing will be granted by His Heights Reales Princes of Asturias, reason why it makes think that Don Felipe of Borbón will be also present in the delivery of the Ham de Teruel number 3 million, inform sources into the Regulating Council of the Denomination into Origin Jamón de Teruel in an official notice.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/princesa_asturias_jamon_teruel_737463.htm

Last edited:
I think it is rediculous that she cant even recieve a ham alone, they have been married for more than a year now and she highly educated and is the mother of the heir. Its great with a team but one or two events alone a month would hardly hurt the team

Larzen said:
I think it is rediculous that she cant even recieve a ham alone, they have been married for more than a year now and she highly educated and is the mother of the heir. Its great with a team but one or two events alone a month would hardly hurt the team

It is true that already is time that they leave her to make things alone. But also it is true that the first act to the one that comes alone, is going to have expectation and many repercussion great in the mass media, and is better that it is a more important, slightly more serious act. The delivery of a ham is something anecdotal. I believe that it is better that her first act in solitary is in something that is identified by her and that is representative of the way for which she is going to direct her steps in her following acts.;)

Larzen said:

"Receive a ham." HEE HEE HEE. Sorry. You don't usually hear the words "Letizia" and "ham" in the same place so many times! Hee!

For some reason I think it is the SRF who won't allow Letizia to do public events on her own. I think they think she's too confident and when that confidence shows, conservatives will be up in arms just like when she "interrupted" Felipe at one of their first appearances together. I could be wrong but Spain is different from The Netherlands and Denmark. CP Letizia is expected to be seen not heard.

Laviollette said:
For some reason I think it is the SRF who won't allow Letizia to do public events on her own. I think they think she's too confident and when that confidence shows, conservatives will be up in arms just like when she "interrupted" Felipe at one of their first appearances together. I could be wrong but Spain is different from The Netherlands and Denmark. CP Letizia is expected to be seen not heard.

Letizia didn't interrupted Felipe, it was the other way around and this was widely discussed around this forum;)

Anna_R said:
Letizia didn't interrupted Felipe, it was the other way around and this was widely discussed around this forum;)
I know he actually interrupted her and she was just telling him to let her finish, but as you know the press blew this up and tried to make it as if she had interrupted PF. And so we all agree - Letizia should be doing solo engagements. :)

FHASIONABLE LETIZIA And MAXIMA PRINCESS And SPEAK SPANISH:D

Here is the link: http://www.lavox.com/protagonista/02-02-2005.php

The translation:

They have paid attention that the princess with more style of the moment and those that they are fashionable, they are the princess who speaks Spanish? they are Maxima and Letizia.

All this fashion nevertheless has like pioneer - although by many years she was the only princess who spoke Spanish and came from a plebian family - to the Cuban Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, nowadays Great Duchess and woman ' reinanté in the principality that his husband inherited of his parents - and that without title some (although originating of a exiliada family of high social rank and with money) enamored crazy to Enrique of Luxembourg, one of the most handsome princes of Europe for 20 years and even now!

And perhaps while Maria colored person Teresa, always full of curves and with a very tropical face learned all the secrets of the protocol and gave to inheriting light after heir the throne - never it imagined that in 2000 princesá would arrive at Holland Latin American other ': beautiful and ' Argentine girl bien' Maxima Zorreguieta, that the good education and the class are seen him over the clothes - and nowadays she is happy wife of inheriting prince Guillermo de Orange, princess of its new country (where she has learned to speak the difficult Dutch language) and mother of a gordita girl called Amalia that all Holland venerates!

And the last year the inheriting prince of Spain - that had had thousand fiancèes chose the less imaginable wife! A professional girl who became single and who was not nothing "pija" (but of family worker and very of middle-class) and of that he is in favor crazy of love and she cannot demonstrate it with greater face of adoration! Another princess who speaks Spanish, that is handsome, that is plebian and that conquered the heart of one of the unmarried ones more coveted of Europe!

They will have these princess and future queens something ' in común'?... Then many say that normales' is indeed the being women ', without nobiliarios titles - and without to have grown in the rigors of the protocol which causes that the princes feel very attracted them. And in case of Maria Teresa, Maxima and Letizia the three were in addition small college students, very modern and with personality! Some lesson to learn? That when it is spoken Spanish - and one smiles to the life, we can conquer until a the blue prince!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like her outfit. She looks too thin. Her legs are way too thin! She needs to eat more!! Only an opinion...

Roxsteve said:
I don't like her outfit. She looks too thin. Her legs are way too thin! She needs to eat more!! Only an opinion...

I do not understand the insistence in this subject time and time again. LETIZIA IS THIN. And it is not a question to eat more or less, or to want to be fatter or thinner, it is a METABOLISM question. And who time and time again does not understand it and insists on this subject, it is because it does not want to understand it. In the world there is fat people, normal people and thin people, each person have her metabolism. And there is fat people or thin people who cannot change that, because their body works of a certain way. That a person this thin one, does not mean that she don´t eat, or that this always to diet... is people who is naturally thin... and that no matter how hard it eats, does not go to get fat in excess. Letizia is a thin girl with a small body, and although she eats wonderfully is not going to get fat. :confused:

I have a friend who is very thin, more than Letizia. She eats perfectly, does not do diet nor anything similar. But she has a thyroid problem, and does what does does not get fat. The poor woman is desperate, because she does not want to be so thin, and cannot get fat. In this world where the thinness is too ideal and everybody wants to thin....very few people understands that it is people that is naturally thin, to that would like to get fat, but that by their metabolism they cannot.
Just as there is people who are fat and to that it offends to them that they are judged for that reason, is people who are thin and it happens to them the same.

Last edited:
I had reservations about Letizia at the beginning since Felipe is my favorite Prince but the more I read and see about her the more convinced I am that she is the perfect consort Princess. She has such an air of an intelligent and interested person in all the acts she attends and the Prince seems so much happier when he attends his engagements. I sincerely hope that the future brings many solo engagements for her and that she shines "SOLO".

Calm down Lula..Roxsteve is just givin his opinion...some can think like you..but others dont...;)

Adry said:
Calm down Lula..Roxsteve is just givin his opinion...some can think like you..but others dont...;)

I feel it, but it is that this seems an obsession, that I am incapable to understand. I do not understand that it is judged or crique to people to be fat or thin. There is much people who that does not choose it. And I do not understand that with Letizia it is insisted time and time again on this subject. :confused:

dear lula,it's obvious that the princess lost weight but i don't think she has health problems. i think she is a princess of difficult monarchy and people expect her a lot meanwhile she a perfectionist and a new mom with such hard and intense royal duties. she is the only cp who loses weight recently but looks stunning at the same time,so guys before saying anything about her weight please first look at her and other cps' aganda.
btw,thank you for all wonderful photos although i can't see some of them.

aryo said:
dear lula,it's obvious that the princess lost weight but i don't think she has health problems. i think she is a princess of difficult monarchy and people expect her a lot meanwhile she a perfectionist and a new mom with such hard and intense royal duties. she is the only cp who loses weight recently but looks stunning at the same time,so guys before saying anything about her weight please first look at her and other cps' aganda.
btw,thank you for all wonderful photos although i can't see some of them.

I do not believe that it is thus. In addition, if you still pay attention to Letizia has a little belly after the pregnancy, she has not recovered her previous figure. All the princess is lost weight, it is only necessary to see her images before and after the wedding; probably Mary of Denmark is lost many more weight than Letizia, but to Letizia it is note more because she is thinner, and no matter how little she loses its makes very evident.

maybe beacuse when L loses weight, her face shows it .anyway the most important thing is we and felipe always love and adore her whether she loses weight or gain it.but at the bottom of our heart we want her perfect,she made us perfectionist too.

aryo said:
maybe beacuse when L loses weight, her face shows it .anyway the most important thing is we and felipe always love and adore her whether she loses weight or gain it.but at the bottom of our heart we want her perfect,she made us perfectionist too.

For that reason I do not understand it, her aspect is the one that is and no matter how hard people insist on the subject, her aspect is not going to change because she has been born thus. I do not understand that people pay attention only to that when this act is a sample of which Letizia is a Princess who makes her work perfectly. It is very good for seeing speak it with politicians how Durao Barroso with normality.
It is evident that the Princes are wonderful and more and more happy, are untiring workers... only is that soon they return to show to us to the little Leonor. ;)

Well the fact is that she doesn't look ok so thinner, she wasn't like that during the fiance period or before, her face dosn't look as beautiful as she used to and even the hair is poor and boring, she's extremelly skinny I beleive she's stressed.

Lula, I agree totaly with you on two levels. First for the Letizia's little belly, i noticed that and i found it quiet charming ( hehehehe, may be I am jalous... )Secondly for her thinness, this question is becoming ridiculous, as you can see Letizia's mother and sisters, they are NOT FAT AT ALL. It's a metabolism strucrure of the women in this family to be thin; what is the problem. In my opinion, i think it's better to be slim at 30 years because somtime it's difficult for a woman to like stay at 50 years.

If the princess is perfectionnist, nervous, anxious, SO WHAT ! She has to do her job and she is doing perfectly with beauty, gracefully and intellignce and now smiling broad since the Leonor's birth.

And as you can see on ALL the snapshots that we have since two month she is particularly gorgeous with a thrue perfum of love. May be it's that wich is unacceptable, isn't ?

Princess Letizia has changed to her life much in the last two years. Now she has reponsabilities that before nontapeworm, she work in clase of subjects that has although not heard to speak in her life, she has a daughter, and she is in one posicion(Princess), in which she feels observed, everybody this slope of which she does, which says, that she clothes take, if she is handsome one if she is ugly one, if she says something bad...

It is normal that sometimes she feels under a lot of estress , she has had very just a short time to adapt to this new life.
The unic thing that we must to do is to give her a little time, time for she adapts to this new life.

She is an intelligent, cultured woman and mainly to if that if now we see it estress it is normal.

Letizia has all the conditions to be a great Princess of Asturias and to contribute monarchy one vision very near feeling of the town, and very fine ear to hear from the palace the emotions of the Spanish people.

Last edited:
Paty, your last sentence is beautiful and i share your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom