Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 3 : Nov.2003 - Apr.2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by montecarlo@Dec 21st, 2003 - 9:48 am
Poor Ernst
Wow... is that Ernst?? He looks mighty skinny from that angle... not saying he's fat... well... maybe skinnier is the more appropriate word

montecarlo  Posted: Dec 21st, 2003 - 6:17 am

Yes, I have plenty more. I even have a close up of Andrea's behind but, I don't think it would be appropriate to add it.
Awwww !!!! ;)

From hellomagazine.com

MOST ELEGANT WOMAN 2003 RESULTS

And the winners are...

Queen Rania of Jordan.........32.3%

Catherine Zeta-Jones...........12.6%

Nicole Kidman.....................11.6%

Jennifer Aniston..................10.7%

Halle Berry..........................8.9%

Victoria Beckham.................8.8%

Princess Caroline of Monaco...5.1%
Elizabeth Hurley...................4.4%

Elle Macpherson...................3.3%

Yasmin LeBon......................2.4%

Victoria Beckham (a.k.a Posh Spice) defeated Caroline?!?!?

I'm not ashamed to say that I abhor that vile woman! God, I can't stand people who are so materialistic! Especially, those who love to throw it in peoples faces!!!

Jennifer Aniston beat Princee Caroline?

Christian have you noticed that there's a woman inside the boat with Ernst? I wonder if it's Caroline or Charlotte. I hope it's not Charlotte!

A bit off subject but here is a copy of the speech Princess Caroline gave at the ceremony for UNESCO

sorry it's not easy to read, it's translated from French

Speech of S. HAS. R. the Hanover Princess to the occasion of His nomination as an ambassador of Good Will of l’UNESCO Paris, December 2 2003

Misters the General Director, Excellences, Ladies, Sirs, dear friends, I thank you of all heart for this so warm welcome. Last L’an, lorsqu’il my proposed summer to become ambassador of good will and to rejoin prestigious so rows, I am myself all d’abord asked the question: why me? Because some looking at statistics I realized that I was part of the quarter of the adult women that escaped l’analphabétisme. Then, while studying the suggestions of missions that you thought to entrust me, I at length leaned myself on this one: “non definite Education and microcrédits for l’avenir of the girls and women in rural environment” And my response was: why not me? Being army of good will since not poorly d’années, so to the service of Foundation Princess Grace that of l’Amade, all two founded ones by my mother, and that work without relaxs in different domains for l’amélioration of the conditions d’existence of the children on the educational, cultural plan, morale and sanitary, an evidence s’est impose on me: All assistance to l’enfance, if she wants to be effective, depends necessarily,Help the woman, to the mother. C’est as a woman and privileged mother that I feel concerned and person in charge as for the taken charge of and the realization of this program.
there is a sentence of Joseph Conrad that can do us to smile, we other western women that saw our recognized rights and claim to be but that reflects in the remainder of the world an alarming truth: “Etre a woman is in terribly difficult reality: in fact, that consists essentially to have to deal with men”. Person does not put back in question the difference between a man and a woman; alone the positions creating controversial injustices. Because of the discriminations towards the women and the girls, these always remain deprived profit many major initiatives for the development. Consequently, their rates d’analphabétisme and unemployment very students, this that dune leaves, limit their timeliness and d’autre leaves, increases their dependance, particularly towards the men of their family. L’analphabétisme affects 860 million d’adultes of which close to the three quarters are women. This position does not represent uniquely an evident violation of the basic rights of the women and girls, she s’avère in addition extremely costly for the human development and the reduction of poverty. In fact, l’on knows that the decision strength of the women within their family increase according to their level d’éducation and their professional activity. Now, the latter factors have a certain influence on: - The reduction of the high rates of fertility to l’origine of surpopulation. - The reduction of pathologies running and mortality rate infantile. - A better information according at the disposal to take to save the children in the cases of endemic diseases or d’épidémies. The praiseworthy initiatives to educate and encourage the women to work while accepting definite employments raise nevertheless worries. The paid employments do not liberate necessarily the women of l’oppression within their family and do not give necessarily to the women checks it of their conditions, sometimes disastrous, of work. We can note an increase of the work load global of the women, especially the one of the poor women in the poor countries. But this are again the women essentially that carry the responsibility of the benefit of cares to the members of the family. They face a double loads: the one of the paid work and the one of the non paid cares benefit. The governments recognized that the non paid work, carried out by the women in the farms and the family, integrated businesses to market l’économie remains under evaluated. The family or community work paid no of the women is excluded by definition of the system of the national accounts because qu’il n’est not marketable. Therefore, pressures
s’exercent on the health of the poor women and on the one of their children; pressures s’exercent at the level of the scolarité of the girls that can be obliged d’abandonner l’école to replace their mother. But these pressures n’apparaissent not immediately in the calculations of the persons in charge of the political economical one. And l’on meet again some years later facing the same problems: déscolarisation or non-education of the girls and exploitation of the women. The exhausted women poorly placed to do voluntary work within the community NGO or to pass time to oversee the duties of their children and maintain reciprocity networks with their family and the neighbors that the economists call now “the social capital”. The programs of microcrédits became moon of the strategies keys in the fight against the poverty of the women. They target the women for cost reasons effectiveness and d’égalité, for the rates of reimbursements more students with the women. Would we be therefore not only more enduring, more workers, more liking but also more honest and more profitable! The projects of microfinancement succeeded increasing the level of the income of the women and the check of returned for them in a big party of the regions of the world. Nevertheless, the microfinancement all alone does not constitute a solution to reinforce the strength d’action of the divested women. It important qu’une put in value of the microfinancement does not create l’illusion that the divested women that about it profit have therefore less need of l’aide of the public services. It is equally important that the financial establishments macro more economical, more national and more international, work according to social criteria and not only according to financial criteria. The challenge that you propose me, Mister the General Director, fascinating east and I some am you recognizant. The objectives of the millennium for the development (OMD) and the objectives to reduce by half l’extrême poverty and the hunger as well as to realize legality of the sexes use guiding lines to the present project. Of the amount disturbing show us l’urgence dune such initiative, without wanting to enter into their detail. It is, I believe, basic to wonder: Qu’est-This qu’une woman when she n’est qu’une
slave and qu’elle is afraid? To what serves a mother if she cannot nourish, care for and protect his child? What becomes a granddaughter lorsqu’elle is sold by its parents? And at last, which sort d’homme will be the small boy that saw and lived all that? This are painful questions, but we here aujourd’hui united by the same will for qu’elles more never are not put, for I am convinced qu’éduquer a woman c’est to educate all a nation. S. has. R. the Hanover Princess President of the amade

Attachments

• photo_sar_unesco_2.jpg
    photo_sar_unesco_2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 373
Her welcome note as President of AMADE

Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover

Childhood lasts but a short time. It can be compared with the time dedicated by man to sowing: one cannot wait nor hesitate too long; without planting, the land will have nothing to offer but weed, and the sun will only make deserts expand.

To my mother, HSH Princess Grace of Monaco, who founded AMADE in 1963, children were a priority just as was the need for swift action aimed at helping them. She could never have imagined that effective work could be conducted through bureaucracy, endless meetings or wordy reports.

In my capacity as President of AMADE since 1993, I have kept a close eye on the progress made by our Association. I am pleased to see that my mother's principles, which are also mine, have been given a new impetus by all who are truly concerned with the welfare of the world's children.

The long-term humanitarian programmes operated by AMADE are part of a more global effort towards sustainable development. Our objective must be to continue to support such projects in all countries where the fundamental rights of the child are endangered. More and more threats are posed to children. Child blindness related to Vitamin A-deficiency, disabling malformations such as cleft-palate requiring facial surgery, HIV-Aids in children, illiteracy, street children left to their own devices or the children's condition in countries ravaged by economic recession, social deprivation and crime: all these are tangible difficulties which urge for action on our part.

These also are some of the main areas in which AMADE has been working over the past four decades, together with the essential reflection conducted in the field of ethics and legal issues pertinent to the rights of the child, particularly in the light of the many forms of mass violations of children's rights, from child trafficking to the enrolment of children in armed conflicts and all occurrences of commercial sexual exploitation of children on the streets of too many countries as well as on the internet.

In promoting the inalienable rights of the child, we shall foster the development of a more harmonious society by allowing our children to grow into adults fully responsible to their community.

Your contribution is crucial in order to help us continue our fight.

Attachments

• photo_princesse_hanovre.jpg
    photo_princesse_hanovre.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 663
Princess Caroline is a very intelligent and prepared woman. She looks pretty in the AMADE pic.

I have found some great videos of Princess Caroline on the online Monaco magazine Happy Monaco... www.happymonaco.com

here is a link to the best video!!! http://www.happymonaco.com/www/site/articl...t=2036&idCat=0#

It is her UNESCO ceremony

there are other videos as well you just go to the Recherche in the top left hand corner of the screen and type Princesse Caroline and more links come up.

She looks nervous when she is giving her speech she blinks a lot during her speech. Which is most likely a result from all the flashes. Yet still beautiful.

Another picture

Attachments

• flowers.JPG
    flowers.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 4,603
  • mouth.JPG
    mouth.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 302
  • un2.JPG
    un2.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 364
Thanks for the video link! It is certainly something nice to be able to listen to Princess Caroline nowadays, because the only footgae I have of her speaking is from a 1985 TV Special :eek:

I found this article about Prince Ernst-August in a 2000 issue of People Magazine.

"The Royal Wee: Princess Caroline's husband, Ernst-August, makes an exhibition of himself"

It was a treat for the schoolkids attending Expo 2000 in Hanover, Germany, June 15--a glimpse of royalty in the person of Prince Ernst August. But suddenly, according to witnesses quoted in Germany's Bild newspaper, the husband of Monaco's Princess Caroline urinated near the entrance to the Turkish Pavilion. "We all saw it, even our teacher," one child told a reporter. "It was kind of embarrassing."

It was just the start of a new round of troubling publicity for the 46-year-old prince. Hours after his alleged Expo-sure--which Hanover authorities are investigating--a flush-faced Ernst August collapsed at a piano recital and was taken to the hospital. Not long after that, he entered a German health center that offers massage and stress-management treatments. (Neither the prince nor Caroline, 43, who was seen at the center, had any comment.) The prince then phoned Bild from the center and, using vulgar language, harangued a female editor. (That incident is also being investigated.) "He's not a bad person," says a royal watcher who shares friends with Ernst-August. But, he adds, "he seems to be lacking some kind of inner equilibrium."

The prince--who made headlines in January for punching out a restaurant-and-bar owner--took out a full page ad in a German newspaper explaining that he did relieve himself but not on Turkish property. Since then he has kept a low profile, skipping a sculpture exhibition in Monaco that Caroline attended with her father, Prince Rainier, who has kept a dignified silence about the scandal. "He is temperamental," says one veteran Monaco watcher of Ernst-August, "and he seems to care primarily about enjoying himself."

Do you have any video or sound pics of Caroline speaking English? I've already heard both Albert and Stephanie speak English and their handle on the language seemed to be completely and totally fluent and native. I wonder if Caroline's English is like that. I know she went to the UK for several years to study, but she seems to me to be more French than both Stephanie and Albert. Well, anyway, I have to read Ulysees for one of my classes and I don't understand a line of the whole book. Seems to me Joyce didn't know English. Pray for me. Love, moi

I haven't seen any sound clips or video clips from Caroline speaking English except one, but I have no idea where it is. You have to remember that Albert went to college in America and Stephanie also spent more time abroad (English speaking countries that is) than Caroline.

I was wondering do you think Caroline and Ernst converse in French or German or perhaps even English considering they both lived in England for a while.

Caroline also speaks Italian, am I right, I think so considering she was married to an Italian.

Yes, Caroline does speak Italian. She has also gone to visit her deceased husband's family in Italy on many occasions. Mostly because of her children's need to see their father's family. Albert attended Amhurst College in Massachusetts. Stephanie lived with someone (I can't remember who) in California and Rainier visited her often.

I've decided to be a kind person and share my pictures of Caroline that I have been holding back on... :p

Attachments

• monac1.jpg
    monac1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 4,763
  • monac2.jpg
    monac2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,376
  • monac4.jpg
    monac4.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,400
  • monac3.jpg
    monac3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 6,285
Stephanie lived for quit sometime on the US during the late 80s. Albert frequently sees his Kelly cousins too.

No, I don't have any more pictures of her completely bald if that's what you mean... I'm glad you liked them! :flower:

This may sound strange but Caroline doesn't look bad bald, you know how some people have lumpy heads Caroline's head looks good!

"here is a link to the best video!!!"

Good video. Great quality.

"This may sound strange but Caroline doesn't look bad bald, you know how some people have lumpy heads Caroline's head looks good! "

I don't think so.

"I don't think so. "

I didn't say I LOVED her bald head.. I simply meant she doesn't look bad.. but I do think she looks much better WITH HAIR.... geez Dennis have some love :heart:

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 27th, 2003 - 12:23 pm
It's too ridiculous to reward these women (actresses, singers, etc.). for being elegant when they PAY stylists to tell them what to wear. Princess Caroline's style and aesthetic sense is her own, and she styles her own hair (at least, she said she did, in an interview). HELLO is too entertainment-celebrity-worship oriented to hold a poll like this.

Originally posted by mapie+Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mapie @ Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Dec 27th, 2003 - 12:23 pm
It's too ridiculous to reward these women (actresses, singers, etc.). for being elegant when they PAY stylists to tell them what to wear. Princess Caroline's style and aesthetic sense is her own, and she styles her own hair (at least, she said she did, in an interview). HELLO is too entertainment-celebrity-worship oriented to hold a poll like this. [/b][/quote]
Thank you Mapie. ;)

I certainly agree. Jennifer Aniston seems to be a nice person along with some of the other celebrities, but they are really slaves to designers and stylists. They can't seem to get dressed without wearing what is trendy and fashionable in the moment. I also find myself so annoyed sometimes that some of them even make best dressed list. Who puts some of these things together. On many ocassions I have found some of Ms. Aniston's ensembles along with those of other "best dressed" celebritites to be extremely tastless. For instance the dress that Jennifer wore the night in which she won her Emmy was not that great, IMO, and her hair was hideous. I really just wanted to hand her a brush. You would never see Caroline walking around with her hair looking like that.

These individuals really don't have "individual style" as Caroline and other royal women. Most of the royal women define their own style and wear what they like. No one has to tell them what to wear here, there, or anywhere.

Some celebrities are so tacky and absolutely have no class (e.g. Victoria Beckham a.k.a Posh Spice). I mean, you don't see royal women boasting about which designer made their dress or how much "bling bling" they have. My mother always said "it's rude to talk about money."

No, I agree. I was surprised that she did. Princess Caroline has a great style. I can't believe I said Princee though.

The very stylish Caroline at 14 years of age. Photo taken by Lord Snowdon.

...and as a very stylish adult.

Always chic...

by the way, I know some people are not crazy about this dress but for some reason I love it!

Another wonderful look...

And she looks great with really short hair! How could Victoria Beckham beat her in the style department?? :shock:

Attachments

• Caro.jpg
    Caro.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 365
  • carolinemonaco269.jpg
    carolinemonaco269.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 236
  • CaroRedCroix.jpg
    CaroRedCroix.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 256
  • CaroRedCroix99.jpg
    CaroRedCroix99.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 224
  • caroshort.jpg
    caroshort.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 327
Wow she looks exactly like Charlotte in the first pic Julia posted in this page! Or Charlotte looks exactly like her, whatever. :p

Caroline looks stunning in those pics. My favs are the Lord Snowdon 1971 portrait and 1998's Red Cross Ball. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom