Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Family, Current Events 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would have been lovely to actually see the child's face. I do not understand the point of these types of coy photos...why not simply avoid releasing any photo at all?:ermm:

But Happy Birthday to little Sienna Mapelli-Mozzi!

I agree, it's pretty pointless releasing a picture of the back of a child's head.

Wish they would be named working royals...in due time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both Beatrice and Eugenia were named working royals at some point. At some point in the next 10 years there may be only 5-8 working royals. That’s not enough people to carry the load.

Charles doesn't want more than about 6 - 8 so that will be about right.

The York girls were told years ago that they weren't going to be working royals and so went about doing their own thing.

Since Charles started really running things, during the late Queen's last couple of years they have hardly been seen - no balcony appearances, not even Trooping this year for either of them.

Charles actually believes that the days of about 5000 engagements a year total are over and 1000 - 2000 will be fine with William even seeing fewer needed.

There are no working royals under 40 and only 4 under 70 but the two most senior male royals are happy with that and aren't going to be adding any new workers for about another 20 years when George will have to step up, maybe. (why maybe - it was expected that William would start when he was about 30 but he was able to put it off until he was 35 and it will be hard to insist that George starts at a younger age than his father).

> The core of the RF is the King & Queen and the Prince & Princess of Wales. They are supported by Anne, Edward, Sophie. Secondary players are the Gloucesters. Alexandra and Eddie Kent are more or less retired now.

> Harry and Meghan would have been part of the core, but we know how that played out.

> With social media and modern communications, it is felt that the nation can be "covered" by the core royals. Whilst I am sure having another pair of hands would be useful to Charles and William, I just do not think there is public appetite for adding the 9th in line to the throne to the working family.

> The number of public engagements is probably not perceived by the Firm as the best way to measure the impact on the public of the BRF's work. Campaigns like the Earthshot Prize, the Heads Together and organisations like the Princes Trust do a lot of good work tat reflect positively on the RF.

> The core of the RF is the King & Queen and the Prince & Princess of Wales. They are supported by Anne, Edward, Sophie. Secondary players are the Gloucesters. Alexandra and Eddie Kent are more or less retired now.

> Harry and Meghan would have been part of the core, but we know how that played out.

> With social media and modern communications, it is felt that the nation can be "covered" by the core royals. Whilst I am sure having another pair of hands would be useful to Charles and William, I just do not think there is public appetite for adding the 9th in line to the throne to the working family.

> The number of public engagements is probably not perceived by the Firm as the best way to measure the impact on the public of the BRF's work. Campaigns like the Earthshot Prize, the Heads Together and organisations like the Princes Trust do a lot of good work tat reflect positively on the RF.

The Duke of Kent is hardly 'retired'. He has done over 70 engagements this year - not far behind the Duchess of Gloucester and thus not far behind The Princess of Wales.

He may not be as busy as he was a decade ago but that was pre-stroke as well as when he was only in his late-70s compared to his late-80s.

He only forgot that 2024 has 366 days instead of 365 :flowers:

Man, did these two luck out with each other ! I NEVER liked her very long time boyfriend, "Smiling Dave Clark" either. They split after a long time in 2016.
She has simply blossomed, and to me, Edo simply seems to adore her.

Actually they are in my top 3 Royal Weddings, post QEll. Everything.

William and Kate
Lady Gabriella Windsor and Tom Kingston
Princess Beatrice and Edo.

Last edited:
:previous:
I never liked Dave Clark either; he seemed such an opportunist, and I think he treated Beatrice very shabbily after ten years together.

She seems happy now.

I never liked Dave Clark either; he seemed such an opportunist, and I think he treated Beatrice very shabbily after ten years together.

She seems happy now.

Add me to the BOO DAVE, HURRAY FOR EDO club.

Smiley Dave rubbed me the wrong way for so many reasons. But he did Beatrice a huge favor. She should send him a fruit basket every July 17th on her wedding anniversary.:lol:;)

I never in a million years expected Beatrice to rebound as brilliantly as she did with her elegant, talented Edo. She has blossomed with him and has never looked better.

The Edo/Beatrice wedding is one of my Top Three BRF Royal weddings, along with Andrew/Sarah and William/Catherine.:flowers:

It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

The health issues make it feasible to bring in someone else without creating too much controversy; Beatrice seems like a reasonable choice.

It's very bad luck that the King and the Princess of Wales, and by extension the Prince of Wales, are all hors de combat at the same time, but that's just the way life is. The slimmed down monarchy isn't looking like such a good idea at the moment. But Beatrice might not be comfortable with the idea of carrying out public duties, or her work schedule may not allow for it.

Back
Top Bottom