Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The article mentioned that Julia de Boinville was a family friend.
Who did Julia know first: Edoardo or Princess Beatrice?

When I googled "Julia de Boinville", there were pictures of herself with Princess Eugenie. She is the co-founder (along with Princess Eugenie) of The Anti-Slavery Collective. According to The Anti-Slavery Collective's website, they have known each other before Universities and are very close friends.

Our Story
Eugenie AND Jules are Best Friends and Change-Hungry Abolitionists
We met on the bus on our way to a school trip and knew at once that this was just the beginning of a life-long friendship and adventure!

After following each other around the world, then to Newcastle University, and into our careers. In 2012, we went on a trip to Kolkata, India. Here, we visited an organisation called Women’s Interlink Foundation and first became aware of modern slavery. Aloka Mitra , the founder of Women’s Interlink, rescues girls from modern slavery, gives them a home and teaches them a simple vocational skill – fabric printing.

We were shocked to discover the extent to which slavery still exists. In fact, there are more enslaved people today than at any other point in history and, at any one time, someone is being trafficked within a mile of where you live. We often associate slavery with chains and shackles, but modern slavery is a hidden crime that is often hard to detect.

We spent the next 5 years educating ourselves. We became obsessive investigators and would visit anyone who could help us expand our knowledge; from policy makers, law enforcement agencies and academics, to NGOs, social workers and survivors. We asked everyone we encountered, ‘what can two young girls like us do to help?’ Without fail, the answer was always raise awareness. So this became our mission.

In 2017, we proudly launched The Anti-Slavery Collective.

https://theantislaverycollective.org/our-team/

I guess Julia de Boinville probably know Princess Beatrice first, based on the information on the website.

Neither really. She came into the 'family circle of friends' through Eugenie.

Her and Eugenie have been best friends for years, they went to school together. They founded the Anti-Slavery trust together.

https://theantislaverycollective.org/our-team/

Beatrice has got to know her through her sister. But they both have worked at Afiniti for the past four years.

I have never read Edo having a personal tie to her.

Nice to see them again. Both look great. I like Beatrice jacket the booth look good on her, Edo likes people to know who he is, good for him.

So it seems they are definitely living in London, probably still at the St James' flat.

I didn't think there was any reason to believe they didn't live in London (besides when they stayed in lockdown with his mother and at Royal Lodge for a time which were temporary).

Banda (Edo's business), Affiniti (Bea's), Wolfie are all in London. As well as friends and some of Bea's patronages.

They will likely move out of St James eventually but London is another story.

Very cute to see that on Instagram, Edo follows amongst many other hashtags one called “#beefashion” full of clothes and stuff with bee designs. I imagine he uses it to spoil his princess often.

He also follows “#pitchpalace”. Adjustments.jpg

How nice to see her again. I am glad that she believes reading a book is fun and important. Also nice of her to speak about her stepson. This lookdown is a trying time for people and reading is a great past time and ones fantasy for different places and people is working not just staring to a screen on a TV or Laptop. Here Dr Seuss will be banned, how sad. I think all over the world kids read these books, while they wore little. I am glad she supports World Book Day.

What an excellent article written by Princess Beatrice! :flowers:

When I read through the article, I actually imagine her speaking and writing with great passion.

I too find reading books a great way in going through lockdown and taking times away from computer screen. Love how she also opens up her dyslexia journey and how she turn her challenges into enjoyment.

I remembered doing the Premier's Reading Challenge in primary school, where we tried to read as many books as possible. The books themselves were selected and graded into year levels (K-Year2, Year 3 & 4, Year 5 & 6, Year 7-9)

Great article. Beatrice is well spoken/written.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie have always been out spoken about their struggles. Not simply taking on patronages (which they both have) but sharing with people their own personal battle. Beatrice with dyslexia and Eugenie with scoliosis they have really helped reach people by opening up. It always makes it more authentic and impact when you speak from experience.

Both her and Camilla have spoken about the power of reading during this past year. And it is so true. Books have definitely been a needed escape.

I love that she mentions reading with Wolfie. Bed time stories are great bonding time.

Here Dr Seuss will be banned, how sad. I think all over the world kids read these books, while they wore little. I am glad she supports World Book Day.
Dr Seuss has NOT "been banned." His estate and his heirs have decided they will no longer allow publication of six of his early books as they contain drawings that are insensitive to race. I am a children's librarian, and I know the books and the drawings and they would never be published today. Dr. Seuss himself was in the early process of revising some of them at the time of his death, saying that he was "embarrassed" by some of those early drawings.

Last edited:
I am very happy for Princess Beatrice. She seems well-suited to Edo.

She has also looked just super the last year or so, I wonder if there's more confidence there that comes from a happy relationship?

I am very happy for Princess Beatrice. She seems well-suited to Edo.

She has also looked just super the last year or so, I wonder if there's more confidence there that comes from a happy relationship?

I agree and I think it’s highly likely that that is exactly where her glow is coming from. Anyone who has experienced a relationship that isn’t do great and moved on to one that is very happy can tell you from experience that there’s absolutely a glow and a confidence boost that comes with being really loved and knowing that you are loved. In any case, she does look incredibly happy and it’s nice to see her so.

She is doing great work. I love her commitment to things that benefit others. And yes she looks very happy. She earned it.

Princess Beatrice spoke at the 20:40 Spring Cohort launch 2020

I like her staying busy. Do like her top. Actually it is really sad, there is no interaction with the people in person. It is time for this virus to disappear for ever . Everybody has enough of it.

What I love is that even amid the pandemic, all of the BRF have found ways and means to actually *reach* the people and keep their commitments to what they do. They could very well have hid behind the palace walls in fear of of this virus but that's not what they do. Like the rest of the world, they adapted and found ways to cope and *show* the world how they adapt and cope.

This is what be "of service" to the people really is in my book. ?

I couldn't agree more :) . 15 months ago, who would have thought we'd see the Queen doing Zoom calls? They're all making a wonderful effort.

I agree 100% Duty first self second. Happy Easter to the Family and to all members and guests of TRF.

Goodness me The Queen is more adept at doing Zoom calls than me, as I've never done one. It is great that the royals can keep in touch this way. Beatrice looks happy and I hope she is enjoying her new life with Edo.

yes, hopefully it's due to covid one doesn't see much of the couple, [...]
They are not working royals. Beatrice has a few chairties, but there is no need for Edo or his son to be seen....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom