Princess Alexandra Engaged to Nicolas Bagory: November 7, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:luxflag2: :flowers:

Congratulations to the newly engaged couple.

Most? The only case in a European royal family in which a man who married a princess who was NOT the heir to the throne became a prince is Belgium: and Lorenz only became a prince of Belgium many years after his marriage - when they had ensured that his wife and children were in line to the throne to avoid Laurent (and his children) to end up on the throne in case Philippe didn't have any children.

So, it is the exception not the rule. And given that the house rules stipulate that children of Luxembourg princesses will carry their father's surname and don't provide any provision to make their husbands princes, it seems unlike that Alexandra's husband will be made a prince of Luxembourg (or Nassau).

As I wrote above, it happened numerous times in Spain, so while it is indeed still the exception and not the rule, Lorenz is not the only case in a European royal family.

Does his Linkedin say what his current profession is? The description in the announcement is rather vague.

Anyway, wonderful news. They make a beautiful couple.
We will see the Grand Duke lead his only daughter to the altar.

Where does Alexandra live?

On LinkedIn it says that Nicolas is publishing director, but does not specify which publication it is.

I believe the Grand Duke Henri will walk his daughter down the aisle.

I think Alexandra lives in Paris.

More information about Nicolas Bagory's professional life:
He is a Publications Director, based in Paris. Mr. Bagory translated Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury's biography of St. Augustine. The French title is Sur Augustin.
Royal Musings: Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg to marry

Last edited by a moderator:
As I wrote above, it happened numerous times in Spain, so while it is indeed still the exception and not the rule, Lorenz is not the only case in a European royal family.

True, in the past Spain treated the men marrying into the family the same as women marrying into the family (but they were already princes). Currently, Lorenz is the only one. So, currently in MOST European royal families the custom is for husbands of princesses to NOT be made princes and not the other way around as was claimed.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Belgium when Eleonore marries...

Congrats to the couple. It's not surprising that this wasn't known about publicly. Her siblings all managed to conduct private relationships, even Tessy getting pregnant at 19 and getting married after the birth was able to happen in a lower key way than it would in other monarchies.

This is lovely news. Wishing them a lifetime of happiness together. I’m looking forward to photos of the wedding.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

Congrats to the couple. They've managed to fly under the radar, so that's great for both of them. I assume they live in Paris (as that's where Alexandra lived and her fiancé is French). The groom looks quite a bit older than his 33 years of age (he is turning 34 on Friday).

Do they even have the tradition of 'maid of honour'? I don't recall they did at Guillaume and Stephanie's wedding - of course, they do need witnesses.

Stephanie had 2 older bridesmaids, usually would be considered maids of honor: Alexandra was 21 and Antonia Hamilton (not sure age). And then all the child bridesmaids/pages. And 2 witnesses each for civil

Claire and Felix only had small children at the church though (Alexandra and Claire's brother were civil witnesses). Gabriel and Noah were pages and the daughters of Peter Frankopan were flower girls.

The Lux family seems close to the Frankopans. Peter's brother Lawrence was one of Guillaume's witnesses. Their sister Paola is Lady Nicholas Windsor.

Does Nicolas Bagory's family still belong to the French aristocracy?
It's a shame they didn't reveal some information about Nicolas's family, at least his parents' names and if he has any siblings.

On the French language noblesseetroyautes.com blog it was mentioned in the comments that Nicolas's family all have Breton names from the region they come from, Brittany. He has a brother, Yann (Jean), and 2 sisters, Annaïk (Anne) and Gaïdig (Marguerite). His mother is named Gwenaëlle.

Congratulations to the happy couple! I look forward to another royal wedding.

Does Nicolas Bagory's family still belong to the French aristocracy?
It's a shame they didn't reveal some information about Nicolas's family, at least his parents' names and if he has any siblings.
I don’t think he comes from a noble family.

Fantastic news and how lovely they have managed to remain a private couple.

Sounds like a busy Spring" for the family - a wedding and a new baby.

I wonder what tiara Alex will wear and if the wedding will be in Luxembourg. Is there any tradition of marrying in any other church other than the cathedral in Luxembourg City?

Both her aunts (Marie-Astrid and Margaretha) married in the Notre Dame Cathedral, so I expect Alexandra to follow in their footsteps (and that of her eldest brother and sister-in-law).

I wonder what tiara Alex will wear and if the wedding will be in Luxembourg. Is there any tradition of marrying in any other church other than the cathedral in Luxembourg City?

I guess it will be in the Cathedral of Luxembourg as that is the biggest Church in the country. And likely she will marry in Luxemborug. From the luxemburgian Princesses only 2 of Grand Duchesses Charlotte's sisters married abroad at Hohenberg Castle in Bavaria and from the one who married in Luxembourg only 2 did not take place at the Cathedral in Luxembroug City but in Colmar-Berg-

He just has that prematurely grey hair that many Gaelic of Ireland and Brittany do.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

Stephanie had 2 older bridesmaids, usually would be considered maids of honor: Alexandra was 21 and Antonia Hamilton (not sure age). And then all the child bridesmaids/pages. And 2 witnesses each for civil

Claire and Felix only had small children at the church though. (Alexandra and Claire's brother were civil witnesses.) Gabriel and Noah were pages and the daughters of Peter Frankopan were flower girls. ...

In addition to the children, Claire and Felix had six adult bridesmaids and six adult groomsmen at their church ceremony, including Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien. The bridesmaids wore a pale blue chiffon and lace gown designed by Tadashi Shoji.

Last edited:
I guess it will be in the Cathedral of Luxembourg as that is the biggest Church in the country. And likely she will marry in Luxemborug. From the luxemburgian Princesses only 2 of Grand Duchesses Charlotte's sisters married abroad at Hohenberg Castle in Bavaria and from the one who married in Luxembourg only 2 did not take place at the Cathedral in Luxembroug City but in Colmar-Berg-

I hope they choose another church or abbey as I'm not overly fond of Notre Dame de Luxembourg as a venue.

Nice detail that the engagement was announced exactly 70 years after Alexandra's grandparents' engagement. Their wedding took place on April 9. Given that April 9 2023 is Easter Sunday, it seems unlikely they will pick the same day for their wedding as well...

I suppose it will be in late Spring - June.

Late Spring/ Begin Summer (first half of the year 2023). I suppose late June

Hereditary Princess Stephanie will be already after post-partum period.

More informations:
Nicolas Bagory is a Magazine Publications Director, based in Paris. One of the magazines is Dynastie, the French royalty magazine.

Royal Musings: Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg to marry

He apparently speaks Latin and is Sorbonne educated, which is very impressive. Good on Princess Alexandra for choosing such a brilliant life partner.

When Guillaume and Felix announced their respective engagements, there were photo shoots with Henri and Maria Teresa, the prospective in-laws, and interviews with the couple as well.

Louis had it with Scarlett Sirgue as well.

But not for Alexandra?

Maybe because Nicolas will not be titled?

Shall we expect a photo shoot and interview in the future for Sebastien and his future wife?

:previous:
I hope that closer to the wedding date, they will do a photo shoot and an interview, so that we can get to know the couple better.

Point de Vue has more information about Nicolas Bagory, Princess Alexandra's fiancé:

The name Bagory is of Basque origin - bago iri means "village of beech trees" - the family is indeed rooted in Breton soil;

Nicolas's 6th generation ancestor, Frédéric-François Bagori, born in 1829, worked as a carpenter in Marcillé-Robert, in the department of Ille-et-Vilaine;

He had an experience as a professor of literature at the private college of Hautefeuille and at the high school in Courbevoie, he held the position of director of publication at Première Part, a Catholic house publishing house oriented towards natural ecology and evangelization;

Finally, in 2021, it relaunched, with historian Philippe Delorme, the quarterly Dynastie.
https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/lux...iance-de-la-princesse-alexandra-de-luxembourg

Article from wort.lu about Nicolas Bagory, Princess Alexandra's fiance.
https://www.wort.lu/fr/luxembourg/q...prince-de-luxembourg-6373bb48de135b92368e7215

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles will just be turning 3 at the time of the wedding. I think maybe a little too young?

But I can definitely see Felix's two children Liam and Amalia participating.;)[/QUOTE

3 year is not to young. My newhew was 2 1/2 when he was the pageboy in my wedding and he did so well.

Last edited:
Anyone else surprised that the wedding date is so close to Stephanie' s due date?

Anyone else surprised that her religious wedding won’t take place in Luxembourg?

Not really, as the same happened with her brother Félix.
Moreover, the church of Saint Trophyme is near to Cabasson, where the Grand Ducal family own their summer retreat.

Back
Top Bottom