Engagement of Princess Iman and Jamil Alexander Thermiotis: July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that even if she had the right under law to convert to another religion, it should not be very well considered in Jordan for a royal princess and daughter of the ruling King

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

What a pleasant surprise! Congratulations to the happy couple!

So if the King had given his permission his daughter to marry outside of her faith, a simple civil wedding would be acceptable? Or it would be a huge scandal?

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I dont think any of them would marry outside the Islamic faith. Article 6 of the Royal family law states that members of the royal family are subject to the provisions of Islamic Sharia and other laws in force in Jordan, except for what is stipulated to the contrary in this law.

Last edited:
She certainly would not be allowed to marry him if he did not convert or make the effort to do so. One of her aunts married Ned Donovan, an Englishman and he converted to Islam and I think he changed his name so.

She certainly would not be allowed to marry him if he did not convert or make the effort to do so. One of her aunts married Ned Donovan, an Englishman and he converted to Islam and I think he changed his name so.

Exactly! The JRFs are familiar with such marriages. Iman’s Aunt Princess Aisha was married to Mr. Edward Banayoti who also converted to Islam & took the name “Ashraf”. So did Princess Badiya bint Al Hassan’s husband Mr. Edward Blair who took the name “Khaled”.

Still no wedding date announcement?

Back
Top Bottom