Princess Iman of Jordan and Jameel Alexander Thermiotis: March 12, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the couple. “Jameel“....means he is converted to Islam or is his first name coincidentally Arabic???

Congratulations to the couple. “Jameel“....means he is converted to Islam or is his first name coincidentally Arabic???
I think he converted because he was previously called Jimmy not Jameel.

Last edited:
Finally the date has been announced, I can't wait, even if it's "just" the civil ceremony.

Edit: Jimmy has converted, although that hasn't stopped intolerant Muslims from spelling vitriol against him because they found...wait for it... pictures of Jimmy at his nephew's christening! The fact he has converted out of love for Iman, doesn't mean he has to break ties with HIS family. Some people are stupid beyond belief, as if the JRF didn't have a history of Christians marrying into the family.

Last edited:
He has to convert because he’s marrying a Muslim. He cannot marry a Muslim without converting. He will probably convert soon because the marriage won’t be valid if he doesn’t.

Yes Sir, you are right about this. I really didn't realise that such ancient laws are still existing. And it is very anti-women also, because a Muslim Man can marry a woman of different religion. But really now wonder because the women are not deemed as equal to men in that religion.

What they will get is that probably the man just converts because he loves and wants this Muslim woman, but he will also not be a true Muslim IMO, so it is all for the pretending and getting thru with their ancient and intolerant religious laws!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Islam

Yes Sir, you are right about this. I really didn't realise that such ancient laws are still existing. And it is very anti-women also, because a Muslim Man can marry a woman of different religion. But really now wonder because the women are not deemed as equal to men in that religion.

What they will get is that probably the man just converts because he loves and wants this Muslim woman, but he will also not be a true Muslim IMO, so it is all for the pretending and getting thru with their ancient and intolerant religious laws!

A child is muslim automatically if the father is muslim. Thats why its different between male and female marriages. Well, of course it's a more historically based right many centuries old. But that's how it's remained to this day...

By the way, her husband-to-be looks lovely. Good match.

Last edited:
Finally the date has been announced, I can't wait, even if it's "just" the civil ceremony.

Edit: Jimmy has converted, although that hasn't stopped intolerant Muslims from spelling vitriol against him because they found...wait for it... pictures of Jimmy at his nephew's christening! The fact he has converted out of love for Iman, doesn't mean he has to break ties with HIS family. Some people are stupid beyond belief, as if the JRF didn't have a history of Christians marrying into the family.

A very recent example: Princess Miriam Ghazi :flowers:

I don’t see why people are complaining about him still seeing his family, that’s an odd thing to complain about. The issue isn’t Christians marrying into the family because there are a few examples prior to this engagement and further marriage. The thing is that with the marriage there hasn’t been a marriage like this so recently and with the current King’s daughter. Plus I think this also has to do with the fact Jimmy is a foreigner.

A very recent example: Princess Miriam Ghazi :flowers:
Well the difference is that Miriam isn’t having children with Prince Ghazi and he’s not the son of the current king so the issue of religion isn’t there. Coupled with the fact that the Jordanian royals are also friendly with some of the deposed dynasties of Europe and Iman is very private so no one had a fair idea who her husband would be. I don’t think anyone expected a foreigner and non-Muslim too for the King’s daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Islam

Muslims and Jews have a similar thought pattern on marrying outside religion.

Unlike Christians where you have to be baptised, Islam and Judaism you are born into a faith. In Judaism you take your faith from your mother. If your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish. In Islam its the opposite, if your father is Muslim then you are Muslim.

Its understandable that they would wish for children to be raised in their faith. Iman marries a Christian and he doesn't convert, then her children are not Muslim. They would have to convert. If her husband converts, then their children will be Muslim from birth.

Just because you don't understand a religion doesn't make the religion ignorant or intolerant. There are intolerant people in all religions, and among atheists. Look at fundamental christians, they only value women as breeders. No reason to disrespect a religion simply because you don't follow the beliefs.

A very recent example: Princess Miriam Ghazi

Not really comparable.

1. The Jordanian royal in question is male. As religion passes from father to child, very different issue.
2. The couple are not of age children between them is a question.
3. The groom is simply a cousin to the king. Not the child of the king. Not such expectation.

Last edited:
If the husband to be of Iman is referred to by his Arabic name Jameel, he definitely converted to Islam.

Well the difference is that Miriam isn’t having children with Prince Ghazi and he’s not the son of the current king so the issue of religion isn’t there. Coupled with the fact that the Jordanian royals are also friendly with some of the deposed dynasties of Europe and Iman is very private so no one had a fair idea who her husband would be. I don’t think anyone expected a foreigner and non-Muslim too for the King’s daughter.

Not really comparable.

1. The Jordanian royal in question is male. As religion passes from father to child, very different issue.
2. The couple are not of age children between them is a question.
3. The groom is simply a cousin to the king. Not the child of the king. Not such expectation.

I am not sure if these comments are referring to Islamic or Jordanian law on interreligious marriages or to personal opinions. In the eyes of the law, the "differences" of not having children and not being the son of the current king are immaterial.

The only relevant difference under Islamic law is that a marriage between a Muslim man and a Christian woman is recognized as legal, whereas a union between a Muslim woman and a Christian man will not be considered as a legally valid marriage.

See these posts from the engagement thread:

I dont think any of them would marry outside the Islamic faith. Article 6 of the Royal family law states that members of the royal family are subject to the provisions of Islamic Sharia and other laws in force in Jordan, except for what is stipulated to the contrary in this law.

As in many countries where personal status laws are formulated in accordance with Islamic religious law, such a marriage would not be legally valid in Jordan.

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/up...21-INTERNATIONAL-RELIGIOUS-FREEDOM-REPORT.pdf

"According to the PSL [Personal Status Law], in accordance with its interpretation of sharia, marriages between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man are not permitted; the man must convert to Islam for the marriage to be considered legal."​

Queen Rania shared a special photo of Iman and herself today:

"Finishing touches before Iman’s Henna party tonight":

** instagram post **

Addition:

And here are some nice photos of Princess Iman’s Henna Party, also shared by Queen Rania:

** instagram gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Rania shared a special photo of Iman and herself today:

"Finishing touches before Iman’s Henna party tonight":

** instagram post **

Queen Rania used the same belt for her wedding dress back in 1993.

Photos & video from princess Iman’s Henna party.

Queen Rania, Princess Iman & miss Rajwa Alseif

https://www.instagram.com/p/CphYGfCMIwv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Video
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CphZ4QXokD5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

More photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/CphAcR3qUVb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding will be live shown on tv

Kuwaity royal family srrived in Jordan for the wedding

Very moving to see the late King Hussein greeting the newborn and her mother shortly after birth.

Beautiful video.?

I hope we will see the similar video in May about Crown Prince Hussein:)

:previous: The wedding is at 6pm Jordan time.

The Katb al Kitab ceremony for Princess Iman and Jameel Thermiotis will take place at Beit Al Urdun Palace, the official residence of King Abdullah and Queen Rania, and will be attended by 150 guests. The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. local time.

Back
Top Bottom