Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whatever he does, he clearly has money through family or makes plenty of it. He is well connected...how that happened, who knows...

It means he has a salaried position, though. It's different from ownership.
To be a director normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies = financial interest.

Well whatever he does, he clearly has money through family or makes plenty of it. He is well connected...how that happened, who knows...

Ha. Yeah, his family is probably very gentrified country, maybe Gloucestershire, family. As far his social rise, it seems to me as being due, more or less, to his personality. For some reason, he is just one of those people who attracts followers. Understand it or not, like it or not, it seems to be the case with Guy Pelly. :lol:

But I agree with you zembla, where you say in other posts that he looks 12! Also I agree with something you once said about him looking like an excited cabbage patch doll!!!! :ROFLMAO: I dunno why, but I think he seems cool. I always kind of liked him for some reason..... hehe

I see what Skydragon means. Since he's director he'd be on the board, and yes, true, must have a share in the company profits.

Last edited:
from wikipedia: Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, Berkshire, England and was baptised in the Church of England.[1] She is the elder daughter of businessman Michael Francis Middleton, an airline pilot at the time of her birth.[2][3] Her mother, Carole Elizabeth Middleton, née Goldsmith, was a flight attendant (air hostess). Her mother's family has coal-mining roots tracing back to Hetton-le-Hole, in .......

I wonder if Mrs. Middleton is related to Sir James Goldsmith and his daughter, Jemima Khan.

Remember the recent book that alleged that Sir JamesGoldsmith was Diana's real father? Wouldn't that make for a twisted family tree if it were true.

To be a director normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies = financial interest.

must be a UK thing because thats not true on this side of the pond.

must be a UK thing because thats not true on this side of the pond.
That's why I put "normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies".
No, there is no requirement for directors to also be shareholders unless the company's own Articles of Association state this.
However, as the shareholders are responsible for appointing the directors it is common for the shareholders to also be the directors of small companies.
Company Director, Appointing a Company Director - SFS

I haven't seen any new pics of Kate for weeks now. Which event does this complaint refer to?
The article doesn't name an event, but it does say - Harbottle and Lewis have already obtained "disturbing" footage of the paparazzi outside Miss Middleton's London home to support any complaint - so they are probably pictures that just showed her leaving the house to go out, un-newsworthy that nobody dare publish! :flowers:

Prince William's lawyers are threatening fresh legal action to stop paparazzi following his girlfriend Kate Middleton

Prince's lawyers warn paparazzi off Middleton - Telegraph

Again? Have the paparazzi been following her lately? It seems like their pictures have not been selling well, no? Maybe it's just me but it seems to be a slow period in Kate candids. Maybe the paps are still following and photographing, but magazines aren't buying the pics?? The agencies could be stockpiling candid photos because they know after engagement announcements, the value of the pics will go way up. :confused:

I haven't seen any pics of her lately...but I don't see the big deal. She is technically a celebrity now...I have a feeling she has no problem dealing with it. And if she does, hire a bodyguard...her parents have the money.

I agree though...the value of her pics is probably nothing at the moment because they can't write any stories about her to correlate with the pics at the moment. And tabs don't buy her pics to highlight her style like most celebs, since she has no style, so...

I think it is more a case of the paparazzi following her waiting for something to happen. Candid photographs of her walking across the street aren’t of that much interest to anyone but ones of her with William would be worth a lot. They don’t know when she will be meeting him again so they follow her to make sure they don’t miss it or anything of interest that she might be doing. It must be a very strange way to live your day to day life, someone always following you.

I sometimes feel I’ve been reading the same articles for the last 3 years. They getting married, no they’re breaking up; Kate’s tired of waiting, no Kate’s happy to wait; they’re getting engaged on her birthday, no Easter, no Christmas, no Halloween. Gosh, I don’t think that they could make it any clearer that they have no idea what William and Kate’s plans are. All this speculating they are doing is getting annoying.

Thanks for posting that, Hilal, but could you please give us a brief English-language summary of the article? Most of the people reading this thread won't be able to understand it.

^The article mentions the supposed "secret pact" between the couple, as the News of the World had formerly proposed.

It goes on to speculate about William's desire to focus on his military and diplomatic training over the next two years, first in the RAF and RN this year, then in the Foreign Office next year.

It then quotes "friends of Kate" in suggesting that she has accepted the "imposed conditions" of the "secret pact", but speculates about "other sources" who claim that Kate is fearful that the passage of more time, without her influence, will cool William's feelings toward her.

It also mentions the well-known history of the five-year relationship, with Kate gaining the nickname by the magazines ("Waity Kaity") and proposes that her lack of continual occupation since quitting Jigsaw might make it difficult for her to have a productive life during this two more years of waiting.

So, in short, nothing revolutionary, or unsaid many times before. :rolleyes:

^You are most welcome, naturally. Now that I think of it, it's hilarious that the tabloids are calling it a "secret pact". Not so "secret" now is it? First, if the story is even true, it must have been a widely-shared "secret" among the "friends" who now are making these claims, and now the world is sharing in the secret, so where is the secret after all?! :lol: I love the dramatizations of the press. Secret pact, indeed!!!! :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Stories about William and Kate always remind me of the game ‘Chinese Whispers’. Someone writes an article about how they may have had a conversation in which they might have set out a plan for when they might marry and by the time it has done the rounds it’s all about secret pacts, cooling off and friends say this, that and the other. :rolleyes:

Basically these articles just repeat what royal watchers have been saying all along namely that 2009 would be the most likely time for a wedding, should William indeed intent to marry Kate. Despite of media speculation to the contrary, I don't think anybody ever seriously expected an "imminent engagment" between these two. That he has less time to see her due to his army commitments isn't a secret either. They just spice it up with that "secret pact" stuff. What would they need a "secret pact" for? Of course William and Kate know whether they want to stay together. It's the public and the press who don't. So based on what they see right now, namely that there haven't been any W&K sightings for about two months, they chose either of two options: 1. they are still together but keep very private and a marriage is planned for 2009 or 2. their relationship has "cooled off" and they are at the verge of another break-up. Either of these two options has a 50/50 chance of being true, IMO.
Noone will know for sure until/unless new pictures of them turn up or a break-up is confirmed. Till then the papers will keep on writing all sorts of imaginative stories of William and Kate's feelings, thoughts and future plans.

With so many photos of William and Kate on more recent holidays, you'd think Hola could have updated their database. :bang:

I don't think the house hunting article is accurate. I've seen similar reports in the past.

I think the recent house hunting speculation (and it's true that it's not the first) stems from Richard Kays column in the DM. He wrote:

My item about Prince William and Kate Middleton enjoying a pub lunch in Chelsea intrigues a reader who tells me that the part-time RAF trainee and his soignee girlfriend were later spotted looking over a house in Burnsall Street.
The smart residential enclave — close to the King's Road, where house prices start at around £2.2million — has a number of properties for sale.
But could the couple really be looking for a starter home? Clarence House decline to be drawn. "His private life is his private life and I can't comment," says an aide.

Here's the link: Is Anne the strongest Tory link? | the Daily Mail

I don't know how much truth there is to this. Even if they were indeed loking at that house, that of course doesn't mean that they will purchase anything together in the near future. And with William currently in the military during the week, I don't see why they should look for property together really. Kate would stay there alone most of the time anyways. She might as well keep her London flat and stay with William in CH when he's in London as they currently do, IMO. Maybe Kate is looking for an "upgrade" for herself.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom