Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Church Service, Carriage Procession - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sermon was actually quite short imo. I have been at weddings when the sermons have been longer this his, and it was not a royal wedding.

You are so right.

Not my favorite arrangement of the song but must say I liked it a lot.

And vows, they actually are using their calling names, and not formal names. Surprised.

The good Reverend preached! It was a little long but the message of love conquering all was delivered. They are all one family now.

The choir rendition was lovely. I had another one in mind. Thankfully this wasn’t it.

Yes, it was generic and lacking in meaning.

Agreed. I started to get worried about it when he mentioned during an interview that he had never met Harry and Meghan and would be meeting them at the wedding. I figured then it was going to be a generic sermon, and I never like those at a wedding or a funeral.

The sermon certainly was in keeping with the idea that Harry and Meghan are doing things there own way. It was lovely and passionate, but probably very unexpected by some people.

Great that Meghan's mother is so well visible behind her

Weirdly awesome!

Well, for me the best part of it is that it's over now and I'll never have to watch or hear it again. But, you know, it's a very individual thing.

Done deal! They be married now!!!!!

Okay, wait, is it just me or it is a bit unusual that they're holding hands all the time? I've never seen anyone doing that during the wedding ceremony.

I like the John Rutter selection. Lovely.

Thank you! I wonder why she is sitting with the royal family!

She is distant family. She was grouped in with the family in the guest list for William and Kate as well. Close enough family to get a seat with them it seems.

Didn't like the sermon. I don't mind the impassioned tone but the message was repetitive and simplistic.

When Stand by Me came along I felt like I was watching the end credits of a romcom!

Love the giggles at certain moments and the looks they share, Harry has never been sexier!

Anyone ID'd that gorgeous diamond bracelet on Meghan's right wrist?

LaRae

The Chapel choir is a nice relief after that underwhelming Stand by Me

Reactions: Fem
Okay, wait, is it just me or it is a bit unusual that they're holding hands all the time? I've never seen anyone doing that during the wedding ceremony.

That’s just how they feel about each other. There is no right or wrong way for this. :flowers:

Anyone ID'd that gorgeous diamond bracelet on Meghan's right wrist?

LaRae

I think on the information released about the dress, shoes, flowers etc it said the earrings and bracelet were from Cartier. I think the information is on the dress thread

I knew her earrings were Cartier..she's had them awhile now...but nothing on the bracelet yet I can find.

LaRae

Ah ok so everything by Cartier? Cool.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom