Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 35: April - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for pictures and videos!!

letizia is very beautiful with her black dress! it's good to see her again even if it's a really sad event for Spain today!!
she seems very touched by these funerals... it's really sad!!

thanks for posting the pictures. It's great to see Letizia again even though it is for such terribly sad reasons. I think Felipe and Letizia are great with the people. The way they try comforting the families is really touching. You can see their sadness and compassion is genuine.

Thank you for you all for posting these pictures. It´s really nice to see how the princes of Asturias comfort the mourning families. They seem so genuine and moved by the sadness of the funeral. It´s also great to see Letizia again, she looks beautiful.

Thank you all for the photos, it's a shame that Letizia's first public events had to be such a sombre one. She is looking well though.

Felipe is really hands on with the victim's families. Very very touching. Such a sad occasion. It's heartbreaking.
With respect to Letizia. She looks lovely in her outfit post baby but this occasion seems to be hitting her hard. Her hair, in my opinion as it has been part of this discussion, is too flat and too long. Looks like it's weighing her down. Still think she's the lovliest creature ever.

Looking at these pictures brought tears to my eyes. A sad day for Spain. Good to see the public displays of compassion by the SRF.

Stellad

The Spain is a country totally engaged in the great world dangerous fights and has inside many possibilities of morning. Since her wedding - and yet before with the tragedy of the 11M- the Princess of Asturias went at least four times at impressive funeral as official person. As a former anchorwoman we can say that she know this kind of events but live it as a Crown Princess with the aim to sympatise with the families of the victims in their grief is an other duty that Letizia is doing fantasticaly. Is mainly for that that I'm very impressed by the Princess of Asturias, by her great capacity to share the sorrow and the tears.

After her personnal drama, this national morning can be difficil, but I'm full of admiration for the way how she is consoling the victims's families. It's so moving.

i like the haircut, although it wasn't a big change either. it looks difference but without creating much fuss about it, and that's good for a royal.

Yes, the Princess had face several misfortunes in this time, and this one this one is the worst part, to be next to the suffering of the families. Letizia, when still she was not even a Princess, had to face the most terrible thing, which was 11M. But surely, in this occasion she has lived of totally different form and assurance that of a more personal and hard form; she has passed very little time ago for a situation very similar to through the one that these persons live, they have lost of an unexpected and dramatic form the life of a very young person.

This sad occasion is not one where fashion should be discussed but I would have opted for a more conservative option, to be honest. A longer skirt with (normal) black stockings or trousers would be more appropriate here, especially together with Felipe's very formal army suit - that's my personal opinion.

I think her outfit is appropriate for the occasion and the weather.

Yes her hair is shorter but the bob is the same!

Hi biboquinhas, its seems like you negate every good thing you say about Letizia.

It must be difficult to attend this occasion if the loss of a loved one is still fresh in one's mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sad occasion is not one where fashion should be discussed but I would have opted for a more conservative option, to be honest. A longer skirt with (normal) black stockings or trousers would be more appropriate here, especially together with Felipe's very formal army suit - that's my personal opinion.

Of all the funerals the lovely Queen Sofia has attended in Spain she has never worn any of the things you mentioned above even when the King is in uniform. I think Letizia's outfit was appropriate for this occasion.

Poor families.. none of the soldiers were older than 21. :sad:

Felipe was very touched I loved how he comforted the families specially yesterday when he recieved the bodies (I got the chance to see both events live, the mass and the arrive of the bodies), he was so tender toward one special lady who was totally devasted, :sad: And Letizia she was so beautiful but at the same time so sad, she obviously really understand these families' pain.

Poor families.. none of the soldiers were older than 21. :sad:

Felipe was very touched I loved how he comforted the families specially yesterday when he recieved the bodies (I got the chance to see both events live, the mass and the arrive of the bodies), he was so tender toward one special lady who was totally devasted, :sad: And Letizia she was so beautiful but at the same time so sad, she obviously really understand these families' pain.

Yes it's a very sad act because the youth of the victimes. How the dedication of the Princes was poignant yesterday during this ceremony! Simple and direct they were, near to the famlilies and their grief. How in this kind of event the sorrow is becoming these of every body who listen a little the pain of this families.
Before to speak fashion, the tribute of the Pinces for this young boys who have gev their life for Spain and the peace seems to me the first reflexion that we must to have.

thanks for the last pictures!!! it's so sad!!

First of all I want to thanks very much for all the pics, videos, news about this so sad event. We have the great luck to have very expert pics' collectors, very pro's videos' downloaders ( I don't if the word is good ), very accurate news's readers to give at this forum its intrinsic qualities.

Some times, I regret some confusions of genre when the topic is so important as these of this thread about the soldiers's death, but it's the law of the number. It seems totally impossible to avoid this kind of mistakes, mainly when it concern the Princess of Asturias because what we want or not the personality of Letizia can conceal sometimes and for someones the principal item which is not necessary her person. I fear that we can't change any thing to this constatation let us hope that the informations still so good as know, the pics so fantastic and the videos so convincing.

These pictures are so imensely sad. I think it is amazing the way Felipe and Letizia are involved and try comforting and sharing these people's pain. It's so incredibly sincere, their sadness is real. I think Letizia can relate to them even better now that she has lost a sister and unsterstands what it is like to lose somebody you love. Though Lula is right, during her engagement and the terrible happenings in Madrid on the 11M the same genuine preocupation and sadness was visible. I think she is a person who really cares about others, a very warm person.

These pictures are so imensely sad. I think it is amazing the way Felipe and Letizia are involved and try comforting and sharing these people's pain. It's so incredibly sincere, their sadness is real. I think Letizia can relate to them even better now that she has lost a sister and unsterstands what it is like to lose somebody you love. Though Lula is right, during her engagement and the terrible happenings in Madrid on the 11M the same genuine preocupation and sadness was visible. I think she is a person who really cares about others, a very warm person.

It's not only Felipe & Letizia, but the whole family. I think their attitude is exceptional in situations like these. They are all very warm and affectionate when speaking to / trying to comfort people who have suffered a loss. I can't think of another royal family who is so close in a natural way to their people in situations like these.

In Letizia's case, it must have brought back memories of what happened to her sister. Her former career certainly helps to cope as I am sure she has witnessed a lot of sad and touching situations as a journalist as Felipe has during his years as Crown Prince. It takes a lot of strength to keep the balance between the compassion they feel for the relatives and the self control they have to show at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom