Prince Daniel's Background (Family, Education etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Olle Westling attended at Kidney Medical Spring Meeting in Gävle on 7-8 May and spoke there in the morning of 7th May.
"Olle Westling tells in very fine way about his experiences with his kidney donation"

About Olle's speech at Dialäsen magazine, which is the leading Nordic magazine for transplant and kidney health care.
Prince Daniel's Dad: Donating is the best I have done!
Ten years ago, he gave his kidney to his son, Prince Daniel.
Olle Westling told in the Kidney Medical Spring Meeting in Gävle about the turbulent time before the transplant.
When Olle Westling and wife Ewa got children Daniel and Anna, they had little idea that their son would become one of Sweden's most famous people. Nor did they have any suspicions about kidney diseases.
Daniel played and did sports like most young boys. He trained ice hockey and motocross. It was only when he crashed with another boy at a football match and got concussion that the worries began. Daniel was taken in an ambulance to Sandviken's hospital and kidney problems were discovered there. The family was told that Daniel suffered from a congenital but not hereditary kidney disease. Since that day, Olle Westling was ready to donate his kidney.
Olle Westling was one of the speakers at spring meeting and told emotionally and with tears welling up in his eyes of the story how he managed to save the life of Prince Daniel. The way from disease message to transplant became long and turbulent with several obstacles along the way.
- Daniel ended up with motocross and started studying at Lillsved Sports Folk High School. He was careful with alcohol and took care of himself very well, says Olle.
- But in 2007 it became clear that he would soon become relevant for transplantation.
Both father and son needed to keep fit.
- Daddy, now you train for the transplant, Daniel called and told me. I started to exercise and walked at least 10,000 steps every day. I got test scores like a 20 year old and was hugely happy.
Everything looked promising for the transplantation. Until the first shock came.
- Suddenly, the doctor said I was not approved. I had too high PSA.
Sister Anna couldn't donate since she suffered from allergies. Ewa Westling was suddenly investigated quickly. Then came shock number two.
- Ewa's lymph nodes were enlarged so she couldn't be approved either. It became a very difficult situation for all of us.
Daniel started in dialysis and Olle had to do in-depth tests of the prostate. This time, the test results were positive and a date for transplantation was set.
- Finally I was approved.
Olle went to the hospital on May 25th and two days later the operation was completed.
- I had done some small operations before and the only thing I was afraid of was the nosocomial infection. The transplant went according to plan.
- But waking up at Huddinge, it felt like being at Stockholm Central. All the sounds sounded extremely loud and I had some poor oxygenation.
Olle had two stoppers in his lung and received treatment for six months.
- After that, everything has been flawless. Today both Daniel and I are feeling very well.
Olle was 64 years of age at the donation and retired from work as a social manager in Gävle.
- It was partly because of I could recover in peace.
Today, ten years after the kidney transplant, he still feels the same joy over the donation.
- It's definitely the best thing I've done in my entire life, says Olle Westling.
Prins Daniels pappa_ Att donera är det bästa jag gjort! – Dialäsen

Last edited:
Olle Westling will be telling about Forest Finns at Stenstansdagarna in Sundsvall on 14th September.
If you want to gain more knowledge about the Forest Finns' heritage, visit lecture with Olle Westling (by the way Prince Daniel's father) and Gunnar Ärnström in Kulturmagasinet on Saturday.
Facebook

Olle Westling attended at Kidney Medical Spring Meeting in Gävle on 7-8 May and spoke there in the morning of 7th May.
"Olle Westling tells in very fine way about his experiences with his kidney donation"

About Olle's speech at Dialäsen magazine, which is the leading Nordic magazine for transplant and kidney health care.
Prince Daniel's Dad: Donating is the best I have done!
Ten years ago, he gave his kidney to his son, Prince Daniel.
Olle Westling told in the Kidney Medical Spring Meeting in Gävle about the turbulent time before the transplant.
When Olle Westling and wife Ewa got children Daniel and Anna, they had little idea that their son would become one of Sweden's most famous people. Nor did they have any suspicions about kidney diseases.
Daniel played and did sports like most young boys. He trained ice hockey and motocross. It was only when he crashed with another boy at a football match and got concussion that the worries began. Daniel was taken in an ambulance to Sandviken's hospital and kidney problems were discovered there. The family was told that Daniel suffered from a congenital but not hereditary kidney disease. Since that day, Olle Westling was ready to donate his kidney.
Olle Westling was one of the speakers at spring meeting and told emotionally and with tears welling up in his eyes of the story how he managed to save the life of Prince Daniel. The way from disease message to transplant became long and turbulent with several obstacles along the way.
- Daniel ended up with motocross and started studying at Lillsved Sports Folk High School. He was careful with alcohol and took care of himself very well, says Olle.
- But in 2007 it became clear that he would soon become relevant for transplantation.
Both father and son needed to keep fit.
- Daddy, now you train for the transplant, Daniel called and told me. I started to exercise and walked at least 10,000 steps every day. I got test scores like a 20 year old and was hugely happy.
Everything looked promising for the transplantation. Until the first shock came.
- Suddenly, the doctor said I was not approved. I had too high PSA.
Sister Anna couldn't donate since she suffered from allergies. Ewa Westling was suddenly investigated quickly. Then came shock number two.
- Ewa's lymph nodes were enlarged so she couldn't be approved either. It became a very difficult situation for all of us.
Daniel started in dialysis and Olle had to do in-depth tests of the prostate. This time, the test results were positive and a date for transplantation was set.
- Finally I was approved.
Olle went to the hospital on May 25th and two days later the operation was completed.
- I had done some small operations before and the only thing I was afraid of was the nosocomial infection. The transplant went according to plan.
- But waking up at Huddinge, it felt like being at Stockholm Central. All the sounds sounded extremely loud and I had some poor oxygenation.
Olle had two stoppers in his lung and received treatment for six months.
- After that, everything has been flawless. Today both Daniel and I are feeling very well.
Olle was 64 years of age at the donation and retired from work as a social manager in Gävle.
- It was partly because of I could recover in peace.
Today, ten years after the kidney transplant, he still feels the same joy over the donation.
- It's definitely the best thing I've done in my entire life, says Olle Westling.
Prins Daniels pappa_ Att donera är det bästa jag gjort! – Dialäsen

Thanks, that story was far more complex than it seemed on the outside. Especially with Olle being refused to donate at one point and both Anna and Ewa also being disqualified. It must have been trying times for the family and all of that while Daniel was a well-known figure first as boyfriend and then as fiancé of the crownprincess. I wonder whether the engagement was even delayed until the moment it became clear that Olle was cleared and surgery could be scheduled.

And he made it literally in the last minute; persons over 65 are not allowed to be donors.

And he made it literally in the last minute; persons over 65 are not allowed to be donors.

There isn't any age limit for donors in Sweden.
"A living kidney donor must also be over 18 years of age. However, there is no upper age limit for either donor or recipient. Transplants can now and sometimes be performed up to 70 - 80 years of age. But transplantation can naturally become less possible and less suitable the older you get."
https://levandedonation.se/levande-donation/vem-kan-bli-donator/

Daniel's second cousin, olympic champion and former alpine skier Frida Hansdotter is one of the ten contestants for Mästarnas mästare (The Champion of Champions) in 2020. She reveals her two advance favorites.
Frida Hansdotter has not been able to enjoy life as a sports pensioner very long. She ended her careers as an alpine skier last spring and will now compete in the sun and heat for the first time in her life. She is one of those who go to Greece to compete who is the Champion of Champions.
- I hope the form stays in place. I have not driven as hard as usual this summer, but I feel I am in good shape. I have to live on old merits, says Frida Hansdotter with a smile.
Hansdotter om Mästarnas mästare_ “Jag har levt på snö – det här blir en ny utmaning“ _ SVT Nyheter
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1f-6Z0I_8M/

Mästarnas mästare will be shown on SVT next spring.

Olle Westling has attended at an event at bishop Karin Johannesson's visit in Ockelbo.

The bishop visits Ockelbo congregation on September 11, 12 and 15.
There was a panel discussion "Café Existens - The good life? How do we find it?" on Wednesday 11th September evening, where the bishop met Johan Stark (Secretary-General of the Swedish Basketball Association), Olle Westing (Prince Daniel's father), Eya Le Wartie (plastic surgeon with experience of non-profit work in Africa) and the chairman of the municipal council as well as the chairman of the church council.

Photo from the panel discussion, Olle Westling beside bishop Karin Johannesson. Photo from Facebook of the Ockelbo congregation.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=effcb5d6e9101bd9fd831554d28b579c&oe=5E0C2BBF

Daniel's second cousin, olympic champion Frida Hansdotter gave a long interview to Expressen where she spoke about her career, ending her career, the future, the death of her mother. And of course, Frida was also asked about prince Daniel.
In the Sports Gala in January, Frida Hansdotter got to meet her royal relative for the first time.
During dinner, the Olympic medalist sat next to Prince Daniel, married to Crown Princess Victoria.
Frida Hansdotter's mother is a cousin to Prince Daniel's mother, which makes the children second cousins.
- He's super nice. I met him down in Lausanne also during the Olympic presentation, and it's fun to meet him because many ask if we know each other.
Frida Hansdotter om mammans dödsfall, prins Daniel och nya livet

Frida Hansdotter is new ambassador for the charity Min Stora Dag (My Big Day)
Reigning Olympic gold medalist and ski queen Frida Hansdotter made a successful end to her skiing career. Now she is starting a new chapter in her life where she wants to make a difference for others through a new role as ambassador for the charity Min Stora Dag. The focus is to help create joy for children and young people with serious illnesses and diagnoses - a question Frida is passionate about.
- I have followed Min Stora Dag's work for a long time, and think it is an absolutely fantastic organization. Giving sick children the opportunity to take a break in their tough everyday life and do something that makes them happy can mean so much and that is exactly what Min Stora Dag does, says ski icon Frida Hansdotter.
Frida's ambassadorship will, among other things, involve participation and involvement in experiences for children and young people in the Min Stora Dag target group, where, of course, much winter fun is planned.
- I look forward to making a real difference for children who are struggling with a tough everyday life of hospital visits and treatments. The energy and energy that I have gained from skiing I take with me into this, Frida continues.
Frida Hansdotter ny ambassadör för välgörenhetsorganisationen Min... - Min Stora Dag

Prince Daniel's sister, Anna Westling Söderström, really has 'grace' but despite this she avoids the royal spotlight. She and the Crown Princess couple go on forest walks rather than on the red carpet together.
All three are sisters to a married royal, but Prince Daniel's sister, Anna Westling Söderström, has chosen a completely different path from Sofia's sisters - Lina and Sara Hellqvist. The Princess's sisters do not shed the royal spotlight and last week we saw them at a celebrity book launch.
Anna, on the other hand, is much more anonymous and lives a quiet life far away from the royal grand rooms. She is 49 years old, lives in Gävle with her husband Mikael and her daughter Vera, 15. Elder daughter Hedvig, 20, has moved out and lives now in Stockholm.
When there are solemn celebrations and royal baptisms, Anna and Mikael are always in place but they stay a little in the background. The couple always stands in the picture but sticks away quickly when the photographers' flashes have flashed clear.
There is no doubt that Anna loves her sister-in-law Victoria and her nieces Estelle and Oscar, but she does not seem to long to be in the spotlight, exactly.
When Victoria turned 40, Anna was there to celebrate. Both during the public ceremony at the Palace and the private party at Haga. She is there during the most important events, but those who hope to see Daniel's sister in a little more mingling context will be disappointed. If she can opt out of the red carpet, she does.
And maybe that's exactly what the Crown Princess appreciates most with her sister-in-law. When they hang out, in Gävle or at home at Haga, the focus is on cozy time with the family and lovely forest excursions instead of partying and glam.
Så lever prins Daniels syster Anna Westling _ Svensk Dam

Olle Westling celebrates today his 75th birthday.

Daniel's cousin Andreas Westling (38) and his wife Amanda (39) are at the list of couples who have the highest incomes in Sweden, they earned over SEK 14 million in 2018. At the list are 3451 couples.
Svenska paren som tjänar bäst – se lista kommun för kommun

Most of their income is earned by Andreas Westling, who is Senior Vice President of Vendavo and Managing Director Emea.
Leadership _ Vendavo

Victoria and Daniel attended Andreas and Amanda's wedding on 29th September 2012.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Andreas
https://mb.cision.com/Public/15864/...ze=1340:*&output-quality=60&output-format=jpg
Andreas and Amanda at Victoria and Daniel's wedding
At Estelle's christening
At Oscar's christening

Andreas was the Ceo of Navetti.
Vendavo acquired Navetti in 2018

Daniel's second cousin, former alpine skier, olympic champion Frida Hansdotter is one of the six swedish celebrities to sail over the Atlantic Ocean at TV-series "Över Atlanten" (Over the Atlantic).
In Over the Atlantic, six celebrities are given a once in a lifetime challenge to sail across the Atlantic Ocean. Week after week they learn how to sail, how to work as a team and how to fight the harsh ocean. Most of all the team is on a journey of self-discovery: who they are and who they want to be as human beings. Över Atlanten is the Swedish version of the finnish Rabbit Films original format Over the Atlantic.
Frida and the others left to their sailing trip yesterday. If everything goes according to plan, they will sail for three weeks starting from Gran Canaria and final destination is St Martin in the Caribbean.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...D&ig_cache_key=MjIyNzgxNzQyNjM4NTExOTQ2OQ==.2
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qvF2Bngof/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qbK44Hish/

The sail will be shown in the autumn 2020 at Kanal 5 and Dplay.

New love - Victoria has got an NHL pro in the family
Hedvig Blom is a regular guest at Victoria and Daniel. Now she has found a new love: NHL professional Victor Söderström.
Hedvig Blom is well known to all who follow the Swedish royal family. She is the daughter of Prince Daniel's sister Anna and the cousin of Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar.
The cousins ​​are also close to each other. For example, Victoria and the family celebrated Christmas together with Hedvig, mother Anna and father Mikael Söderström, and Daniel's parents Ewa and Olle Westling.
Now Hedvig has a new love, Victor Söderström, one of Sweden's most exciting young hockey talents. Victor was a hot boot when the NHL clubs in North America were looking for European star shots - and he was also recruited by the Arizona Coyotes. He is described as a great future name and has been praised by Swedish NHL star Oliver Ekman-Larsson, among others.
On December 1st, Victor posted the first picture where he and Hedvig are posing together as a couple.
Victor has thus been signed by the Arizona Coyotes, but the current season he spends on loan in Brynäs, the club that educated him from the age of fourteen. When the playoffs are complete (if Brynäs qualifies for this), he is expected to pack his bags and flow to Arizona.
Hedvig Blom ihop med Victor Söderström _ Svensk Dam

I've been waiting for when the swedish press writes about Hedvig and Victor's romance.
Victor posted this photo of them to his Instagram yesterday, on Valentine's Day.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8jpYgdl4zd/

Coyotes sign 2019 1st-round draft pick Victor Soderstrom to 3-year deal

Last edited:
The SHL star's new love: A relative to the royal family
Victor Söderström impresses in Brynäs and predicts a brilliant future in the NHL.
Besides, he has found love:
Hedvig Blom, 21, - cousin to Princess Estelle.
- It's great fun and she makes me in high spirits, says Söderström.
During the season the slopes have been recorded for 14 points in SHL and during Saturday night he scored a goal in the 2-5 loss away against Färjestad.
A nice gift for girlfriend Hedvig Blom, who turned 21 the same day.
- Yes, we did celebrate her a little this morning, but no more. We took the real celebration a week ago when it was a break, so it fit well, says Söderström.
The relationship provides an insight into a completely different world than the traditional one for a hockey player. Hedvig Blom is the niece of Prince Daniel and thus the cousin of Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar.
As eleven-year-old Hedvig Blom was a flower girl at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding and handed over the rings to the crown princess couple at the altar. Söderström thinks it is fun, but has not put much thought into the girlfriend's family ties.
- There is nothing to think about. Everyone is themselves and they are normal people, everyone is very kind people. Hedvig and I have known each other for about three years and she gets me in high spirits, so it's great fun, he says.
Victor Söderströms nya kärlek_ En släkting till kungafamiljen

Victor has also posted this cute photo of Hedvig to his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7OltsxlHuy/

Last edited:
Daniel's second cousin, former alpine skier, olympic champion Frida Hansdotter is one of the six swedish celebrities to sail over the Atlantic Ocean at TV-series "Över Atlanten" (Over the Atlantic).
In Over the Atlantic, six celebrities are given a once in a lifetime challenge to sail across the Atlantic Ocean. Week after week they learn how to sail, how to work as a team and how to fight the harsh ocean. Över Atlanten is the Swedish version of the finnish Rabbit Films original format Over the Atlantic.
If everything goes according to plan, they will sail for three weeks starting from Gran Canaria and final destination is St Martin in the Caribbean.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...D&ig_cache_key=MjIyNzgxNzQyNjM4NTExOTQ2OQ==.2
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qvF2Bngof/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qbK44Hish/

The sail will be shown in the autumn 2020 at Kanal 5 and Dplay.

Frida and the others arrived to Saint Martin ten days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8cI5WgH-sT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8c5mJ0nRSC/

Frida Hansdotter is one of the ten contestants (all former athletes) for Mästarnas mästare (The Champion of Champions) in 2020. They had a photoshoot for the press a couple of days ago. The program will start at SVT on 8th March.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlI7d-YlVPE5I_WatermarkPreview.jpg
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdl1lSUpbEpgfk_WatermarkPreview.jpg

Daniel's second cousin, former alpine skier, olympic champion Frida Hansdotter will hold part of the dry land training for the bandy team Västanfors IF from Fagersta.
- This is going to be super fun, fun to inspire and motivate, says Frida Hansdotter on the club's website.
On Monday, Frida Hansdotter, together with her partner Richard Jansson, runs her first pass with the guys. Regardless of whether or not the part of the hunter rest is included, the guys can probably expect it to be really hard.
- The goal is for the guys to beat Frida's record time from Mästarnas mästare (The Champion of Champions), says Richard Jansson and laughs.
Frida Hansdotter has over the years as an elite athlete accumulated a lot of knowledge about training that she now wants to share at home. Her partner Richard has himself played bandy in Västanfors IF.
- So Richard can bandy and I love sports. There are similarities in training between alpine and bandy with core and leg strength, says Hansdotter.
Efter rekordkrossen i Mästarnas mästare – nu ska Hansdotter fysträna Västanfors bandy _ SVT Nyheter
Guldmedaljören ska inspirera och motivera _ Västanfors IF BK _ laget.se

The first training session was this week
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_x5Ul6jnxF/

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning about Olle Westling and his motorcycles:

Did you know this about Crown Princess Victoria's father-in-law Olle Westling?
Crown Princess Victoria's father-in-law Olle Westling is a man with many unknown sides: After being silent like the wall for seven long years, he stepped forward and kept a great speech at Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Then he appeared as the best hunting professional and shot a moose when the king had his finest representation hunt. And so now: Olle Westling rides a motorcycle! He owns six!
A Suzuki from 2009, a Beta EVO from 2011, a Husqvarna Silverpil from 1960, a Monark-Jawa from 1963, a Suzuki from 1981 and a Russian Dnieper from 1983. The whole garage is full.
- As an old motocross rider, there will probably be some motorcyclists as well and I will have more time to mechanize and air my veteran motorcycles, Olle told Svensk Dam in connection with his retirement in 2008.
And about this thing about leaving professional life behind, he said:
- After 30 years as head of administration in three municipalities, my wife and I thought that was enough.
At that time, Olle had worked in the municipality of Sandviken since 1995, and when he left, he was head of over 900 municipal employees, primarily in the elderly care.
Olle Westling, who turned 75 in January, is otherwise most notable for giving Prince Daniel his life again: in 2009 he donated one kidney to his son.
Avslöjandet om Olle Westling – efter alla år _ Svensk Dam

The wedding photo of Ewa and Olle Westling, taken on May 14, 1967. The wedding took place in Hanebo church in Kilafors. To the tune of "Wedding March" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Ewa changed her maiden name Westring to Westling. They had a party for 150 guests at Bollbergsgården in Bollnäs.
How did they meet?
Ewa was courted at work, Olle Westling told in an SVT documentary about Prince Daniel and his family before the wedding.
In the mid-1960s Ewa worked at the post office in Kilafors. Young post cashier Ewa was good-looking and nice, Olle told with a twinkle in his eye how the young men in the area queued in front of the post office as often as they could to get a chance to say hello. Now Ewa and Olle have been married for 53 years.
Så har du inte sett henne_ Okända bilden på Ewa Westling _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Olle Westling celebrates today his 76th birthday.

Hedvig Blom's boyfriend Victor Söderström played his first NHL game last weekend.
Despite the eight-hour time difference in Sweden, Soderstrom's family and friends stayed up to cheer him on.
"I know my grandma watched the game with my parents, there, at three o'clock in the morning," he said. "And yeah, as I said, my girlfriends' family and a couple friends were watching too. For sure it was special knowing they were watching the game."
Soderstrom's Special Night

Hedvig Blom and Victor Söderström are engaged, both have shared photos of them and Hedvig's ring at their Instagrams. Hedvig has been in Arizona with Victor for some time, Victor plays at NHL-team Arizona Coyotes and now at its farm AHL team Tucson Roadrunners, he was drafted in the first round by Arizona Coyotes and has in Sweden played for both Brynäs and AIK. Many predict that he will become a world star in the future. Hedvig is 22 years old and Victor 20.
Hedvig: Yes Yes Yes!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMOgiN3lFRC/
Victor: Looking forward to life with you
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMOfXzRlzra/

The happiness of Love for the royal family - there will be a new wedding
Kärlekslyckan för kungafamiljen – blir ett nytt bröllop _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Is there any relation between her fiancé and her stepfather Mikael Westling Söderström?

Is there any relation between her fiancé and her stepfather Mikael Westling Söderström?
Most likely no. The surname is carried by 8500 Swedes and is the 96th most common surname in the country.

I don't think so. Anna and Mikael Westling Söderström have been together over eleven years. Hedvig and Victor have known each other for about four years, Victor told in February 2020 when their relationship became public that he and Hedvig had known each other for about three years.

In Hola!
Victoria y Daniel de Suecia, de boda_ se compromete una sobrina del Príncipe - Foto 2

Svensk Damtidning's article about Anna Westling Söderström and her family a couple of months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom