Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to beleive that the queen would seriously want Andrew to appear in a public ceremony.. she may wish it were possible but she's not a fool and must know that it isn't possible.

I find it hard to beleive that the queen would seriously want Andrew to appear in a public ceremony.. she may wish it were possible but she's not a fool and must know that it isn't possible.

His name was on the Order of Service for today as the DM have a picture of it. What was the Queen thinking????

His name was on the Order of Service for today as the DM have a picture of it. What was the Queen thinking????

very foolish of her. even if that was just for the private parts.

According to an "exclusive" from Matt Wilkinson of the Sun, Queen Elizabeth had given permission for the Duke of York to participate in the Garter Day ceremonies, but at the last moment was persuaded by the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge to remove him from the public procession, although he will still attend the private events.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18864575/prince-andrew-charles-william-block-return/

Buckingham Palace confirms:

It is understood the decision for Andrew, whose reputation has been severely tarnished by his involvement in a civil sex case lawsuit, not to take part publicly in Garter Day was a “family decision”.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: “The Duke of York will attend the investiture and lunch today but will not be part of the procession or service.”

The original source of the image of the Order of Service was Chris Ship, royal reporter for ITV, who posted it on his Twitter account.

very foolish of her. even if that was just for the private parts.

The Duke of York is still attending the private investiture ceremony and luncheon. He has only withdrawn from the public procession and service.

][FONT=&quot]Prince Andrew will keep his taxpayer-funded security as Prince Harrycontinues his legal battle for U.K. police protection for his family, according to reports.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (RAVEC) determined that Andrew is still entitled to public-funded bodyguards despite stepping back from royal duties, The Telegraph reports.[/FONT]
][FONT=&quot]The cost of his personal security detail is estimated to cost between $600,000 and $3.6 million annually, according to the outlet.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
https://people.com/royals/prince-an...uit-for-u-k-police-protection-for-his-family/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ew-security-post-Jeffrey-Epstein-scandal.html

Last edited:
This isn't going down very well in the media.

It is just tabloid nonsense - it isn't true. I think they are seeing the whole cost of the Windsor estate and saying it personal Andrew security. He only get security when not at the estate - and when is he not in the estates? When he is travelling between them ?

I don’t believe that at all. Andrew just happens to live on a royal property that would be expected to have security. Also Andrew hasn’t left the country so bringing up Andrew to justify Harry’s case makes no sense to me.

This isn't going down very well in the media.
They have always have something to say

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew certainly goes up to Balmoral by car and/or plane, and back. Now, in post-Covid times he may go to Sandringham. That involves travel.

Andrew presumably visits his daughters, their families, and his friends in and near London. He may go on a golf course occasionally. Just because he isn’t photographed doesn’t mean he doesn’t move from his home at Windsor.

I can't believe his security is anywhere near that high, perhaps to protect Royal Lodge but most of that security is Windsor Estate.

At the end of the day we hear on one hand Edward and Anne don't get 24hr protection so part of me wonders why Andrew does, do we know for sure he does? No we don't because all BP will say on security issues is "no comment'. That means it is open for the media to say whatever they like and not get an official response back. We know Andrew happily paid for his girls to have protection once the Met stopped providing it, maybe he does the same. Who knows. Anything around royal security is always up for speculation. BP, the other royal households and even most members of the RF seem to recognise the best attitude when it comes to security is to say and confirm nothing. After all, declaring you don't get security is only going to make you more unsafe.

Last edited:
Andrew certainly goes up to Balmoral by car and/or plane, and back. Now, in post-Covid times he may go to Sandringham. That involves travel.

Andrew presumably visits his daughters, their families, and his friends in and near London. He may go on a golf course occasionally. Just because he isn’t photographed doesn’t mean he doesn’t move from his home at Windsor.

every time he gets on a horse, it seems like someone is around taking his photo, so I'd be surprised if he isn't photographed the times he goes off the estate

IMO it really is a non-story to bring up Andrew in the situation. The security at the castle is not for Andrew but for the castle. Andrew happens to be there and he is sensibly mainly staying on royal property so what do people expect?

I read somewhere that Andrew has already got to Balmoral, seemingly without being noticed.

Given that there have been breeches at Royal Lodge - with people actually getting past the police protecting the Lodge into the grounds and even into the Lodge itself it isn't surprising that there is security around Andrew.

The thing is that the level of security is determined by the police and we don't know what direct threats have been made against Andrew personally, if any.

Don't forget Salmon Rushdie had some of the tightest security in the land back in the 80s which has been reduced over time as it seemed the threat was reduced but it didn't have British security if he left the UK.

I suspect that Andrew's security is more around Royal Lodge rather than actual RPOs but he is still the son of the monarch and so would have some level of security - just as Edward and Anne have.

I am sure that the British public would rejoice if Andrew were killed - because he had no protection at all while living and moving around a little bit in the UK. The devastation that would be for The Queen would be such that that alone is reason for Andrew to have some level of protection.

IMO it really is a non-story to bring up Andrew in the situation. The security at the castle is not for Andrew but for the castle. Andrew happens to be there and he is sensibly mainly staying on royal property so what do people expect?

Yep exactly. It should also be noted that someone (maybe several people) have donated a large amount of money to the Anti- Monarchy party. So I expect these stories a lot for the next 5 years or so.

Yep exactly. It should also be noted that someone (maybe several people) have donated a large amount of money to the Anti- Monarchy party. So I expect these stories a lot for the next 5 years or so.

There is something going on in the media just now , there has been a constant drip drip of anti royal stories.
Maybe it is because the stories on other royals have dried up. Or somebody with a grudge is planting tales.

The Duke of York's approval ratings have been polling in the single digits for years, so it seems unnecessary to speculate about media or political conspiracies or the British public rejoicing in the prospect of him being killed as a way to explain the negative tone of the coverage. The Telegraph, which apparently broke the story, is by the way a monarchist-leaning newspaper.

I strongly suspect that whether monarchist or republican, Conservative or Labour, most taxpayers would prefer that the Duke of York's security be funded by himself and not the taxpayers, which is not the same as wanting him to come to harm.

Last edited:
As Andrew has no income, other than 50% of his navy pension (the other half is paid to Sarah as part of the divorce settlement), any security would be taxpayer funded via either The Queen or directly from the government.

The point is that the Metropolitan Police provide security according to NEED. and they are determining that Andrew needs the level he has. What threats have been made, if any, we don't know.

What I do know is that my British friends wouldn't care if he was killed other than the fact that that would upset The Queen.

Last edited:
There is something going on in the media just now , there has been a constant drip drip of anti royal stories.
Maybe it is because the stories on other royals have dried up. Or somebody with a grudge is planting tales.
Isn’t August or this part of the year, stories dry up? I think so because this story is unnecessary and stirring drama for no legitimate reason.

Last edited:
As Andrew has no income, other than 50% of his navy pension (the other half is paid to Sarah as part of the divorce settlement), any security would be taxpayer funded via either The Queen or directly from the government.

The point is that the Metropolitan Police provide security according to NEED. and they are determining that Andrew needs the level he has. What threats have been made, if any, we don't know.

What I do know is that my British friends wouldn't care if he was killed other than the fact that that would upset The Queen.

very strange? Why would people not care that a human being was killed/. d

I don’t think Andrew actually has RPO’s or personal security and he mostly stays where he should be.

There've been a lot of positive stories too. The coverage of the Jubilee weekend was overwhelmingly positive, and the papers lapped up the cute pictures of George at Wimbledon and Charlotte at the Commonwealth Games.

And of course people would care if anything bad happened to Andrew. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that you want them to be killed - it's a bit of a jump from one to the other.

August is generally known as "the silly season", when all sorts of non-stories appear in the press.

Last edited:
There is a difference between 'wanting someone to be killed' and 'not caring' if they were killed. No one has suggested anyone wanted Andrew to be killed. I said my British friends wouldn't care - not the same thing. None have ever suggested they wanted that to happen. They are saying 'if' it did they wouldn't care themselves but would be upset for the Queen who would lose her son.

There is a difference between 'wanting someone to be killed' and 'not caring' if they were killed. No one has suggested anyone wanted Andrew to be killed. I said my British friends wouldn't care - not the same thing. None have ever suggested they wanted that to happen. They are saying 'if' it did they wouldn't care themselves but would be upset for the Queen who would lose her son.

evenn if you dislike or hate someone there is quite a jump to I wouldn't care if he got killed.. unless soemone was as bad as Hitler

evenn if you dislike or hate someone there is quite a jump to I wouldn't care if he got killed.. unless soemone was as bad as Hitler

I don’t think Andrew actually has RPO’s or personal security and he mostly stays where he should be.

Im sure he has security men, he does occasionally lave the area, and Im sure he doesnt go iwthout some protection. the question is, who is paying for it. I hope it is the queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom