Prince and Princess Akishino have a son: Prince Hisahito

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am happy for Masako, she will not have the pressure to give birth to a son anymore. But it is bad for the emancipation of the Japanese women. For the past century the Netherlands had a female head of state. And there is no one who can say that did not work out.

i'm sorry anything that make the "little evil men" happy makes me SICK
i'm glad the princess and baby are ok, but i'm afaid this will just make masako's life more miserable.

The succession is but one aspect of what we have been discussing. The other is the treatment of women in the Japanese Imperial System and that is vastly different than in any of the "progressive" monarchies.

I believe I've never seen, at TRF, such a weird thread to congratulate a birth of a baby...:sad:

I will just say Congratulations Princess for your son and I wish you a long and happy Family Life:flowers:! Congratulations to Japan Imperial Family! Congratulations Japan!

Regards,
mtbcm

I don't normally follow the Japanese RF, but I saw the story on Yahoo and just wanted to add my congratulations. Masako looks so serene in the photos.

Congrats to the entire Emperial Household! Regardless of what happens to the succession laws it is wonderful that Kiko and Akishino have had a healthy baby!

I think it's a bit unfair how people are talking about Japan Imperial Family. In Spain or Monaco, for instance, the woman is still in second place too.

Congratulations Japan for this new Prince! Go bless him and the rest of the Family.

Regina said:
I think it's a bit unfair how people are talking about Japan Imperial Family. In Spain or Monaco, for instance, the woman is still in second place too.

Congratulations Japan for this new Prince! Go bless him and the rest of the Family.

Regina, you are correct. In certain places, Spain and Monaco, women are in second place regardless of their birth. And yes, both Cristina and Caroline are older than the Felipe (king in waiting) and Albert (now in charge at Monaco.) But there is a key difference that I think you are missing. If God forbid, something was to happen to Felipe (and he didn't have Lenor) and Albert...the women behind them could succeed them to the throne. In Japan...its not happening.

Now I would also agree..that perhaps its not fair for many of us to force our Western ideology or way of thinking on Japan. Who are we to say what they should do for their country?! I, for one, just find it odd and terribly sad that a country that is do advanced in its technology is so backwards on the rights of women. Or rather women in the imperial family.

mtbcm said:
I believe I've never seen, at TRF, such a weird thread to congratulate a birth of a baby...:sad:
mtbcm

Totally agreed with you this is a time for congratulation not write a bad word for Japan Imperial family rule

I agree that while we Westerns don't like the status of women in Japan, it is unfair to impose our ideology on Japan. If they choose to, they will develop in their own way at their own pace. It is something that the discussion of a female heir was even allowed to take place.
I also find it interesting that the power structure is eager to encourage the birth rate to increase in Japan. Women are marrying much later than in previous generations and having less children. I take it as an encouraging sign that women are exerting a bit more independence, which IMHO is all to the good.

Maureen

Greetings!

Well, I'm glad that both mother and child are doing well...but I still can't help feeling a little dissapointed.... I hope everyone in the family is happy and does not take this too hard. I wonder when we will be able to see the new baby...?

Madame Royale said:
Thanks for that info magnik :) I still wouldn't be surprised if they did infact know though but of course, I could be very wrong. And I doubt they would publically confirm whether they knew or not.

Well, since producing a male was the object of the exercise in the first place, it pretty well beggars belief that someone didn't know. Prince Akishino was saying that it was a boy a couple of weeks ago, wasn't he?

foiegrass said:
Prince Akishino wanted to have more children, but out of courtesy for the Crown Prince couple, he didn't have anymore after the two princesses. It is only when the Emperor gave them the permission to have children did they try for another child, which is the new prince of Japan.

I've heard that before, and if it's true, it's a sign of how artificial their lives are. The idea that one brother should be told to stop procreating because the other brother is now married is just amazing.

foiegrass said:
Prince Akishino wanted to have more children, but out of courtesy for the Crown Prince couple, he didn't have anymore after the two princesses. It is only when the Emperor gave them the permission to have children did they try for another child, which is the new prince of Japan.

This makes me feel a little better about the entire situation. I'm glad that the Imperial family seems to have been able to work though a tricky situation with grace and dignity. Congrats to all!! Wouldn't it be a hoot if P Masako got pregnant now??

Elspeth said:
I've heard that before, and if it's true, it's a sign of how artificial their lives are. The idea that one brother should be told to stop procreating because the other brother is now married is just amazing.

Yes, if true..it is very sad. You have that much control (or lack of control) of your life that you need permission to try for another child? Its one thing to regulate your daily work activities but your body?

if its true it is sad, sickening and somehow not surprising.

Aye whatever. I'm not saying congratulations or anything, because this was shady and unethical.

Princess Aiko should still be Empress.

Elspeth said:
The idea that one brother should be told to stop procreating because the other brother is now married is just amazing.

Oh, well that's what several members have been complaining about in last months... I never imagined a pregnancy, wether of a girl or a boy, would make so many people angry towards it...

That the Imperial House requested that one brother put on hold his life projects in order that no extreme pressure could be put over projects that were of main importance for the IA doesn't surprise me as much as reading people saying "Kiko shouldn't have become pregnant... poor Masako... Kiko made on purpose (I sure hope so, babies must be planned;) )... she even went on fertilisation process to do it... poor Masako..." and several blá blás that were said these last months.

Wasn't Kiko allowed to have another child, even try for a boy (hom many couples we know that try a girl or a boy for ages:rolleyes:)???? just because Masako couldn't?!?!?!?... My Goodness people were wishing for a girl just to hurt Kiko. She never seemed hurt with her two daughters, she looked every bit a proud mum looking to her princesses at a Christmas movie released by the Imperial House ...

Have we so less trust in human kind that we think that everything is part of a big conspirancy plan... many babies just happen - too much saké and romantic music ahahahah:lol: Maybe Prince Akishino suprised Kiko one night saying "To hell with all these rules, I want a baby and I want it now! Let's do it!!!!":wub: All planets were in right position that night, she had eat a certain ingredient that made her conceive a boy etc etc (I'm just citing some nonsenses a friend of mine tried to have a girl - she has 5 boys already;))

I'm looking forward to see the baby photos. I really wish them the best! As I wish for Naruhito and his family, and I hope they realise there is life behind Crysanthem Throne!!! And Kiko has just proven that...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Congratulations to Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko....Glad that they are having another baby.....
However, it's still sad for the Crown Princely family....Although we all know if Princess Aiko becomes the Empress, alot more of duties will fall on her shoulders, but it is still unfair to treat women like that.....although i'm a boy, but i think in the modern 21st century, it's not great with a patriarchal view exist. Yah, and now the baby is third in line to the throne putting Princess Aiko out of the important royal circles.

HMQueenElizabeth- I thought you were a female:ohmy: ..Back to the topic, I feel happy for the birth of the new prince and future emperor...But I still wish that Princess Masako and Prince Naruhito would have a child again..Well, there are rumors that Modern Technology had helped Princess Kiko to get pregnant and produce a son, if that is true, well Masako might have chances if she would try what Princess Kiko had undergone...but it would only create pressures again and I think that Masako is quite happy and much contented now..but if she and her husband would want to have another child, they could coz nowadays, with modern medicine nothing is impossible..

Last edited:
Congratulations to Japan Imperial family!
Wonder what name they will give little prince.
I still think that little Aiko should be future empress. It is time to change something.

This is soo shady. I hate the IHA sooo much.

I hope when Naruhito is Emperor, he'll get the balls to demand his daughter succeed him.

Afterall, as Emperor, they'll have to respect his wishes.

I must say that I quite believe those rumors that Princess Kiko was helped by technology in order to conceive and give birth to a baby boy, this was carefully planned..As you can see, the Princess had suffered Placenta Previa, meaningthe Placenta is low-lying or located on the lower part of the womb-and this is abnormal..There is a possibility that this is a complication of the artificial implantation or genetic procedures in order for the princess to conceive a boy..These are risky procedures and not all clients conceive and give birth successfully..I must say that it really takes a lot of courage and determination for a couple to try this procedure because of the risks and low success rates..Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are just lucky..

Hi.
If Masako gets to become pregnant and she has a boy...
How are the things?
Who will the heir be?

Rebeca said:
Hi.
If Masako gets to become pregnant and she has a boy...
How are the things?
Who will the heir be?

If Masako had a baby boy, then her son would be the heir.

Why is everyone so surprised that it has fallen on Princess Kiko to provide the heir to the Imperial throne? She has children more easily whereas for CP Masako it has been more difficult. This is Kiko's third child. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a fourth.

We're not suprised. We know the IHA is shady.

And Aiko should be the heir.

Laws of succession aside, a baby is always a blessing.
Congratulations to Kiko, Akishino, and their daughters on the birth of their new baby. Best wishes for good health and happiness to the little one.:flowers:

Laviollette said:
Denmark has changed its law to allow first-born succession but you are absolutely right about the others. This is the case with most monarchies, right or wrong, and I think Japan is unfairly singled out. Sure this is the Japanese royals thread but I don't see passionate debate in the other threads that have these rules except maybe Monaco because I'm the one objecting to the current succession there.
The law in Denmark is not changed yet. They have startet the Process to change the succession law last year after it was announced that Crown princess Mary is pregnant but the change is really difficult. It must changed like the Constituttion what means first it must passed in the Parliament and there has to be a general elcection and then the Law muss agfain voted yes in Parliament and then a Referendum has to be held where more than 40 % of the people entitled to vote, have to vote yes.

So if frederik and mary have nxt year a daughter and 2 years later a second son the line of succession will be, Prince Christian, newborn son, his sister.

Back
Top Bottom