Prince Amedeo FAQs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have reasoned about him: about the surname, I have thought that Charles can be a descendant of both the Families; and to be a second cousin of Amedeo, can be only a great-grandson of Emperor Charles I of Austria. But there's no Charles in his descendants who are both second cousins of Amedeo and have, less or more, his age...

House of Bourbon-Seville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salvek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the current owner section. He's very wealthy and well educated.

Can I have more infos about him? Something sounds me strange:
1-the title of Archduke of Slavek: never heard something similar
2-the Royal House of Bourbon-Seville: never heard, never read in the genealogies of Bourbon House; in 1746, Seville was part of the Kingdom of Spain, so no Royal House of Bourbon Seville could exist
3-there's no Archduchesses Maria Victoria of Austria in Habsburg Family genealogies
4-if Charles is a descendant of Queen Victoria, he would be listed in the Line of Succession to the British Throne; but it isn't so...(Line of succession to the British throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
5-if Charles is an Archduke of Austria, he would be listed in Habsburg genealogies, but it isn't so...

If someone could clarify these points, I would be grate to him.

However, they couldn't be second cousins...

I am sorry but he definately is a fraud. Note that none of his parents and grand parents are listed, as is usual for ANY royal person (or even for many non royal persons) on wikipedia. The wikipedia article stays very vague about his anscestors though. The ones he does list, an Archduchess Maria Victoria, spanish Bourbons named Alphonse, Constance and Catherine (not exactly Spanish sounding names) are fake.

There is indeed a cadet branch of the Spanish RF, which received the title 'Duke of Seville', a title they still use. But this line never married a Habsburg AND the genealogy can be checked here, on Paul Theroff's online Gotha. Look at the descendants of 14c) Infante Francisco de Paula, duke of Cadiz. No Charles is there (and considering it is a Spanish duke I suppose Carlos would have made the fraudulous claim less obvious)

Furthermore, there are several mistakes in the wikipedia article that makes me believe that this is a person with a vivid imagination at work. Several errors in titles, style etc, and esp. the claim to have been on the best dressed list of Vanity Fair and one of the sexiest men alive seem far fetched. And it should be easy enough to check, after which we will find that this person was on no such list as he does not exist. He is also rather original in mixing titles that have never been mixed. Sadly this happens every so often, there is a person online who dedicates much of his free time claiming he is the rightful king of Prussia for example, and some years ago he spammed this forum with that information.

Now, I suppose somebody should contact wikipedia about it :whistling:

Last edited:
I more and more astonished!! what an enormous fake!! however this guy, becouse he involves in all this true and known people such as prince Amedeo, can have some legal trouble (I would say: I hope he will)

It is rather dodgy indeed, esp. as in the past many people (ab)used a fake title to win confidence of other people and in the end usually steal their money. In this case it is probably less innocent but still...

I find it somehow notable that this mysterious Charles pops up on April 1st! Can it a joke??? I have to admit that I don't know how difficult it would be to manipulate Wikipedia.

I am sorry but he definately is a fraud. Note that none of his parents and grand parents are listed, as is usual for ANY royal person (or even for many non royal persons) on wikipedia. The wikipedia article stays very vague about his anscestors though. The ones he does list, an Archduchess Maria Victoria, spanish Bourbons named Alphonse, Constance and Catherine (not exactly Spanish sounding names) are fake.

There is indeed a cadet branch of the Spanish RF, which received the title 'Duke of Seville', a title they still use. But this line never married a Habsburg AND the genealogy can be checked here, on Paul Theroff's online Gotha. Look at the descendants of 14c) Infante Francisco de Paula, duke of Cadiz. No Charles is there (and considering it is a Spanish duke I suppose Carlos would have made the fraudulous claim less obvious)

Furthermore, there are several mistakes in the wikipedia article that makes me believe that this is a person with a vivid imagination at work. Several errors in titles, style etc, and esp. the claim to have been on the best dressed list of Vanity Fair and one of the sexiest men alive seem far fetched. And it should be easy enough to check, after which we will find that this person was on no such list as he does not exist. He is also rather original in mixing titles that have never been mixed. Sadly this happens every so often, there is a person online who dedicates much of his free time claiming he is the rightful king of Prussia for example, and some years ago he spammed this forum with that information.

Now, I suppose somebody should contact wikipedia about it :whistling:

I checked the genealogy and didn't find him. I was just reporting what I found - which is in fact the ONLY information available on him anywhere online. I was a little surprised to read that he was suite mates with Amedeo at LSE in an article on Amedeo. After I read this I used all my internet skills ;) to find anything on him and that was all I could find, don't shoot the messenger - plz.

I've got myself on Luxembourg time this week and next (despite being in Pacific Standard Time) scanning the Luxembourg news for "major news" so I had to have something to occupy my late night bordem.

Surely, Amedeo would have requested a change of suites to avoid such a hanger on fake looking to milk a connection with him?

I am not shooting at all, LM, sorry if I made that impression :doh:!

I suppose that whoever was sharing a room with Prince Amedeo will be discreet enough not to spill the beans on wikipedia. I guess this 'Charles' person has also changed the wikipedia entry of Amedeo, so.... I suppose he might be changing more profiles of young royals too. So don't be surprised if you find a wikipedia engagement of Alexandra of Luxembourg or Alix de Ligne :napoleon:.

I am not shooting at all, LM, sorry if I made that impression :doh:!

I suppose that whoever was sharing a room with Prince Amedeo will be discreet enough not to spill the beans on wikipedia. I guess this 'Charles' person has also changed the wikipedia entry of Amedeo, so.... I suppose he might be changing more profiles of young royals too. So don't be surprised if you find a wikipedia engagement of Alexandra of Luxembourg or Alix de Ligne :napoleon:.

Seriously, I don't offend that easily so don't worry. :flowers:

I just assumed that Amedeo would have had a private room which would be understandable given his position. I'm certain he could afford the extra cost.

Amedeo's wikipedia page no longer contains any reference to this man we have established is clearly a fake and not Amedeo's second cousin as he claims to be, in any case. Someone who *cough, cough* reads and posts here may have removed it. :whistling:

Alexandra and Alix? Eww, just thinking about how closley related they are not to mention the other problem with that senario.

Does anyone know if he's working as a banker already? Has he moved to Switzerland or is he in Belgium, doing something else with the military?

Does anyone know if he's working as a banker already? Has he moved to Switzerland or is he in Belgium, doing something else with the military?

In June/July of last year it was stated that he was taking a year off to travel and improve his Spanish. He's been under the radar since then. He is most likely still on his extended vacation.

religion

I don't think he will have the problem since he's not first in line or second in line to the throne, just like Prince William who needs to marry a non catholic and Prince Guillaume who needs to marry a Catholic.:rolleyes:

Okey , but can he marry someone thats not catholic? Or someone thats not even have a religion..?

Technically he can marry anybody he likes. Legally he can even marry a man in Belgium. If his parents will be pleased is another matter of course. The only restriction might be the new rule in the Habsburg family that the bride has to be a christian. But considering his parents piety I would be surprised if he did not marry some very catholic countess or baroness at least.

What means "Hereditary Duke of Modena" and why his brother and sisters have the title of Prince and Princess of Modena?

His Father, Archduke Lorenz, is the claimant to the Dukedom of Modena; Amedeo is his heir, the Hereditary Duke of Modena

In June/July of last year it was stated that he was taking a year off to travel and improve his Spanish. He's been under the radar since then. He is most likely still on his extended vacation.

He spent some time in Barcelona, New York (around February) and he was recently in Chad, Africa on his travels. He could still be in Chad, I'm not sure. Probably other places too.

He spent some time in Barcelona, New York (around February) and he was recently in Chad, Africa on his travels. He could still be in Chad, I'm not sure. Probably other places too.

How do you know that ?

Thank you MAfan, and as Shika Pal i wonder how Lccje found that information, i cannot found anything about him.

I found out privately that he visited Barcelona and New York. I only knew he had been in Chad when pics were posted on his facebook page.

I have one question.

Will/Has Prince Amedeo visited India any time??

^^^ Sorry, I don't know. But Archduchess Marie-Astrid, Grand Duke Henri's sister, her son Alexander is in India right now for a month.

i am guessing he went to new york to secure his job? or maybe just for fun...who knows...but when will he move to new york is what i want to know?

It sounds like he likes to travel. He'll love living in New York City.

I know this may sound stupid, but please, forgive my ignorance.
In which country is this Duchy of Modena?

It sounds like he likes to travel. He'll love living in New York City.

He does love travelling.He worked in Chile for a year last.NYC?Even I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom