Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In December and January, it is the season when it is not so hot than the other months, When I went for a cruse on the Nil and I made also a visit to the pyramids of Guizeh near cairo, i had to wear a pull morning and evening it was between 18 celsius and 20 celsius in the middle of the day ( at cairo) for the cruse, it was a little hot more. It was at the beginning of January. It rained a little in Cairo and other persons who were with my husband and I were very surprised.I do not think she is hot.Prince Albert wears the same red tee shirt as he did during their last holidays in Capri in may 2010 It is privat holidays and they wear what they want.Do some persons say you what to wear during your hokidays? It is the same.Let them and particulary her a little quite

I´m sorry, but if she wanted peace or tranquility she should have stayed in S Africa. She has chosen to become a public figure, and everybody is entitled to express an opinion. And we have to bear some really fanatic opinions.

Last edited:
I have also the right to say my opinion, who is the more fanatic here you or I, some persons are critizing Charlene Wittstock they hate her and they don't bear persons who defend her, who are you to call me fanatic, ? The liberty to say her own opinion is not in a same road, I say you will bear me longtime.I think this forum is a space of freedom

I have also the right to say my opinion, who is the more fanatic here you or I, some persons are critizing Charlene Wittstock they hate her and they don't bear persons who defend her, who are you to call me fanatic, ? The liberty to say her own opinion is not in a same road, I say you will bear me longtime.I think this forum is a space of freedom
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and so are we. So why do you keep jumping anyone whose opinion doesn't match yours? I know the Palace PR teams are working the Internet because they have already been caught on another message board. This isn't Monaco where its against the law to say anything negative about the Princely Family. Some people here do hate the Grimaldis and Charlene that is the reality of being who they are and those people are entitled to their opinion. There was nothing wrong with Mrsj comment Charlene does wear to much black and biege/tan for that matter. It would be nice to see her in more colors and not just an occasional red in a gown. A flowered dress with sleeves, or print suit would be nice.

i had to wear a pull morning and evening it was between 18 celsius and 20 celsius in the middle of the day ( at cairo) for the cruse,
For those of you who don't know what a "pull" is its French for sweater in America and jumper in England.

I agree with LadyMacAlpine and rosana.
Charlene just wears too much black, it would be nice to see her wearing some other colors.
And yes, melina premiere, i'm sorry but you are a fan of Charlene. The fact that you hate negative comments on her, you always defend her, and bring what Stephanie said about her being nice and beautiful....it all tells you are a fan of her. Which is not bad. But you can't expect that all here are going to be nice to Charlene.

Nicely said Nathalie Cox, and it would be nice to see Charlene in a more diverse selection of colors and prints.

I am wondering if all of the Grimaldi women are wearing neutral colors because of the bad economy. It's like I am expected to wear haute couture because of my job but I don't need to rub everyone's face with my wealth. It is like Charlotte was saying in the Elle interview about wearing appropriate clothing for the occasion and showing respect for others. There has been a backlash against people being too flashy during the recession.

FanOfMonaco, I think you might be right about this. It would be nice if the Grimaldi and others really cared enough to wear less flashy clothing.

And, in the end, everyone has the right to wear whatever they choose. Who are we to judge their clothing or behaviour?

Thank you Lady MacAlpine! Yes I was just implying the lady wears a lot of black too much IMO- would love to see her in color, not black, white, neutral that is all

Renata4711 said:
And, in the end, everyone has the right to wear whatever they choose. Who are we to judge their clothing or behaviour?

You're right of course but if we don't 'judge' ( I think of it more as discussing) then why have the forums? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Charlene's penchant for neutral colors. I only wear neutral colors because they are easily accessorized, I don't need as many clothes and I always know how I'm going to look.

And like Charlene I wear too much black. I love it. Its slimming and I always tend to bring color into my outfit with my accessories (jewelry, shoes, purses, etc.)

Which goes to show...you can't please everyone:flowers:

Though I will admit that wearing black in a Christmas card isn't something I would do. I would wear a jazzy twinset in a nice Christmasy color (or maybe wine).

And like Charlene I wear too much black. I love it. Its slimming and I always tend to bring color into my outfit with my accessories (jewelry, shoes, purses, etc.)

Which goes to show...you can't please everyone:flowers:

Though I will admit that wearing black in a Christmas card isn't something I would do. I would wear a jazzy twinset in a nice Christmasy color (or maybe wine).
I like Charlene's penchant for neutral colors. I only wear neutral colors because they are easily accessorized, I don't need as many clothes and I always know how I'm going to look.
Zonk, wouldn't it be nice then to see Charlene do as you are bring color into her outfits? She isn't that is the point. Also I haven't seen her wear the same outfit twice changing the accessories. If she changed a blouse or added a scarf it would be a welcome change. She looks good in Royal Blue. She's an attractive woman that everyone whose meet her has said she is nice. She is said to have a good sense of humor. The constant black is coming across as dull because your personality shows through what you wear. Zonk, I'm not saying you are dull either its how she is coming across. Wearing black to slim isn't something Charlene needs to do. If it is to cover her shoulders as someone said somewhere she wouldn't be wearing strapless all the time.

Last edited:
Well, here's the thing....and it might be hard for some.

But Charlene might actually enjoy wearing black clothes. It can be for personal preference or because she thinks it does something for her (maybe she has a body phobia that we don't know of) or because she thinks its a sophisticated color.

I agree it would be nice to see some color and again I wouldn't wear black for a Christmas card but who are we to tell someone what color to wear? Someone can certainly suggest that a royal blue would look good on her. But you can't make her wear it.

Well, here's the thing....and it might be hard for some.

But Charlene might actually enjoy wearing black clothes. It can be for personal preference or because she thinks it does something for her (maybe she has a body phobia that we don't know of) or because she thinks its a sophisticated color.

I agree it would be nice to see some color and again I wouldn't wear black for a Christmas card but who are we to tell someone what color to wear? Someone can certainly suggest that a royal blue would look good on her. But you can't make her wear it.
She has worn Royal Blue to a Ball in the photos I posted of her recently of the hair style I think is so attractive on her. She looked exceptionally nice that evening. It is probably a personal preference for black. Or it could also be that is what Armani keeps sending her and told that is what she should wear. Don't forget by Charlene's own admission and her mothers she knew nothing about fashion before going to Monaco and by people who saw her back then she couldn't walk in heels which should tell us something if we look back at how she use to dress. She has come along way since the first days we saw her in 2006. She just needs some color.

I have to confess that, like Charlene, I'm hooked on black with accessories, partly because others have confirmed to me that black plus red plus long silver grey hair suit me.

(Add to that the necessity of me having to wear a clerical collar with black clothing...)

If someone reasonably important has mentioned to Charlene that black suits her, then that's what she'll probably emulate - at least for a time.

And I do have to admit that black suits CW.

I have to confess that, like Charlene, I'm hooked on black with accessories, partly because others have confirmed to me that black plus red plus long silver grey hair suit me.

(Add to that the necessity of me having to wear a clerical collar with black clothing...)

If someone reasonably important has mentioned to Charlene that black suits her, then that's what she'll probably emulate - at least for a time.

And I do have to admit that black suits CW.
I have to disagree with you I don't think black suits her. Like Zonk you mentioned you use accessories. Charlene isn't using accessories and those I believe are the main two reasons people keep making comments about her always wearing black. 1. It doesnt' suit her 2. no accessories. If she is going to spend the money on a new outfit for every outing spice it up. There is going to come a point even the fashion critics are going to notice it and stop saying elegant and turn it to dull or boring black. IMO she is getting bad fashion advice.

Or she disregards all comments about her fashion choices, and does "her own thing"....
I would have thought that, in her position, she should adapt all her clothing to whichever event she is appearing.

I have a different twist on the recent mostly black wardrobe of CW.

Could it be that she (or someone at the palace) has got that her former wardrobe and look was being called "trashy", etc. and so they went a little too far the other way and pulled back her hair, and have her dressing in black which can be perceived as more sedate, classic, and not attention seeking?

Or another thought I had was that all the black could be so when people see her in her (most likely white/light) wedding dress it will supply some drama of suddenly seeing her in this dress after months of black? Just like seeing someone in casual clothes then suddenly in a tuxedo it makes a big impression.

It may be as simple as she likes it, but whenever I saw her in her own old clothes I don't recall much dark colors at all.

I think black can be very sexy, and "stunning" (I know you guys really like that word! ;)) when it is a good fabric and fit, or it suits the person. Just doesn't seem like that to me. I think there is more to it.

Last edited:
Hissy, you're on to something - "from black to virginal white...."
Not sure whether she can keep it up until June, though ... :)

The other, rather "lame" explanation could be that she follows her own "devices and desires" when it comes to clothes - like being hooked on one particular garment or accessory and wearing it until it falls apart :))

Hissy, you're on to something - "from black to virginal white...."
Not sure whether she can keep it up until June, though ... :)

The other, rather "lame" explanation could be that she follows her own "devices and desires" when it comes to clothes - like being hooked on one particular garment or accessory and wearing it until it falls apart :))

She wouldn't be the first:flowers:

Like Kate with those black seude boots and Zonk with a red twinset. My sister finally said....AGAIN? You have 20 twinsets in there...pick another one!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zonk, will you wear a twinset at the Forth Bridge ??
I was there this afternoon; the site is looking much better; it was to be finished in 12 weeks, but the excessive snow has caused delays.....

Hissy, as to "attention-seeking", isn't that what noble ladies (and gentlemen) are supposed to be doing?

Ha! Renatta4711 and Zonk! You guys are funny! (The twinsets aren't ALL red are they? Even though I love red....)

As for keeping it up until June she was in Egypt wearing a turtleneck so I don't doubt her commitment and drive if that's what she's sticking to!;)

As for the attention getting I meant the palace, or whoever is advising her, heard enough of the negative comments about her wardrobe, or lack there of, and went Quaker black up to her throat instead! :)

Basically CW needs to find a middle ground for a while until she can feel secure and comfortable in her own style. Now if we could only get Prince Albert not to wear some of the stuff he's been wearing lately.... :eek:

My feelings exactly, Hissy !!
PA is a lazy guy and doesn't deserve having a nice-looking woman on his arm !
He should be slimming in order to avoid the ghastly sight of his huge stomach at the Swedish wedding....

Alll of the Monaco women are wearing black. Check most pictures of Charlotte, Stephanie and Pauline at the circus, PC.Don't know why.

I have to disagree with you I don't think black suits her. Like Zonk you mentioned you use accessories. Charlene isn't using accessories and those I believe are the main two reasons people keep making comments about her always wearing black. 1. It doesnt' suit her 2. no accessories. If she is going to spend the money on a new outfit for every outing spice it up. There is going to come a point even the fashion critics are going to notice it and stop saying elegant and turn it to dull or boring black. IMO she is getting bad fashion advice.
Have to agree with you Lady Mac; black does not suit Charlene but the mention of royal blue does seem to bring a smile to my face. Again I have to agree on the accessories issue and I mentioned it way back- CW hardly uses accessories. I agree with you Lady Mac on everything you have articulated here. CW needs to just make more of an effort in the colour ; accessories style side - this is not a garagantuan effort it is just connecting the dots so we do not see her as a former athlete but the new princess. However Cw has made strides have to admit;but black overpowers her delicate features and fair colour. IN the CHristmas card maybe it was done at the last minute and CW had no chance to change;apparently this has been done to her before and I think they just maybe springing things out at her. who knows? Let's hope the wedding gown is a super success and that this new couple are happy which they truly appear to be.

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock attended the French Ligue 1 soccer match
between AS Monaco and Olympique Marseille at Louis II stadium in Monaco,
January 30, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

They don't look particularly happy here.

If they should go through with the wedding, I hope it works out for them, I have feeling that it just might not, work out that is.

One more observation, it always seems to me that Charlene is trying to hard, her stance, her look, her behavior. Also what is with the stringy hair this certainly is not a good look for her, if she is going to keep it long, it should have some style to it. I think she looked better with a bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom