Official visit to Portugal: March 16-17, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for photo girls(Salma and Elsa M)you're doing a great job:flowers:
did the king attend the award ceremony at parliament with QRania?

The dress is old.

Can you specify? Is this the dress she wore to the opening of the Jordanian parliament in December? That's the only white (day) dress I recall her having worn in the last couple of years.

I'm very glad to know this royal couple is in Portugal, my country. Rania was so, so lovely in the pictures! A true lady :flowers: :flowers:

Rania was so, so lovely in the pictures! A true lady
More than pictures, I was impressed by her speech and how well articulated she is. We all know that, but she it stands out even more, when she's side by side with common polititians, as she doesn't even need to look at paper to deliever a speech in English. Very, very well done. :flowers:

More than pictures, I was impressed by her speech and how well articulated she is. We all know that, but she it stands out even more, when she's side by side with common polititians, as she doesn't even need to look at paper to deliever a speech in English. Very, very well done. :flowers:

I agree 100% with you, Elsa! And I am sure you're noticed how professional, regal but at the same time so relaxed she was side to side with the polititians.
Her white dress is precious, IMO.
Can't wait to see pictures of them at the gala! :flowers:

Thanks to all of you for the beautiful pictures and the videos.
It's nice that the king attended the award ceremony, I liked the queen's speech very much and her outfit during the ceremony.

Elsa M, She was brought up to be bi-lingual as most middle class Arabs are so that in itself isn't really any great shakes. She is very well coached and rehearsed for her speeches and like most celebrity people, she has her speeches professionally written for her. She has a huge staff in Amman to do it and help with her appearances, interviews and articles. Most Arabs are bi-lingual if they are from a reasonably well off background. :)

She is very well coached and rehearsed for her speeches and like most celebrity people, she has her speeches professionally written for her.
Anyway, it is impressive... at least for me. Other high-profile polititians also have staffs behind their speeches, but are not able to deliever it half as good as she did... I suppose one has to give her credit at least for that ;)

Another video from this afternoon:
TVNET

I've just seen images from the dinner, on tv. She's wearing a black outfit (no gala dresscode, apparently... sadly).

It would have been nice to see some glamorous evening dresses

Honestly, I don't like what either lady is wearing. Neither outfit is flattering. That last picture is a crazy/scary one!

Honestly, I don't like what either lady is wearing. Neither outfit is flattering. That last picture is a crazy/scary one!
Looks like a fake smile. Normally she has a very beautiful smile, but this time she exaggerate it :rolleyes:.

As watching some images of the Banquet, I noticed The Queen was wearing a violet badge attached to her dress and The King a pin in his suit. Does someone knows if TM were awarded the Order of St. James of the Sword. It is indeed a shame the Banquet wasn't white-tie like those held for the Swedish and Norwegian Sovereigns. It would be lovely to see The Queen wearing a tiara and the full decorations. At least, those are the only opportunities for them (Heads of State) to wear these decorations, otherwise doesn't make much sense to make them - it would be more logical to give just that appointment. Anyway, it seems the visit was extremely enjoyable and The Queen's speech was indeed sincere and very well articulated (and with no need to look to the papers). Hope The President can invite other Sovereigns to visit our country. A visit from Spain wouln't be surprise, since The President visited Madrid in 2006 and that would work as a return visit (keeping the tradition of King Juan Carlos to receive and visit all Portuguese Presidents). Thanks to all who posted photos and videos.

The prize ceremony at parliament was quite impressive.
Queen Rania's speech was heartfelt and one of her more candid ones. I thought she was quite expressive, as one would should be when talking about a subject they're passionate about.
Wonderful of her husband to be by her side.
I also thought QR seemed quite happy at the event.
Not a lot of pomp and glitter at the gala but then this isn't a state visit.

Last edited:
Looks like a fake smile. Normally she has a very beautiful smile, but this time she exaggerate it :rolleyes:.

She is smiling while speaking, I think.

Thanks Salma. Your memory is clearly much better than mine. I'm glad to see Rania recycling in these tough (global) economic times.

On another topic, I am impressed with the quality of photographs on the Portuguese president's website. His official photographer(s) is clearly much better than the one(s) who work for Petra (or the king?).

I agree with you Adamari, I like that Rania recycles her clothes /dresses like this, I find it reasonable not only because of the crisis but generally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallery from Hola: Galerías de imágenes

Thanks for all pictures and videos. I like her speech, as always. I think, she seems very proud that her son called her "cool", she also mentioned it at the Google Zeitgeit Forum.

Thanks Salma. Your memory is clearly much better than mine. I'm glad to see Rania recycling in these tough (global) economic times.
You´re welcome Adamari!:flowers: Is normal she recycles her clothes.

I like her gala dress she is beautiful. Usually jordanian royals prefer don´t wear tiara (except when they visit a kingdom).
Thank´s all for new pics!

Back
Top Bottom