National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all the pain caused before her wedding I don't find it at all surprising that she comes across as tense and reserved.

I thought Charlene looked distant and rather gloomy in the photos from today. She tried to crack a smile in some photos - which indicates she wants to be seen as happy at the event, but she seems to be struggling. I agree that she looked as if she'd rather be elsewhere.

After all the pain caused before her wedding I don't find it at all surprising that she comes across as tense and reserved.
She was fine for several years after all the stories before her wedding. It's much more recent - the last 3 - 4 years, since she has been more introvert and more serious in her demeanour.

She's definitely an enigma.

Maybe she is worried about something or somebody, it can be so not easy to show happiness. It can be hard, you must do your job, but your thought are elsewhere. What do we know about her parents, family, friends...? Not much...

I Wonder how she hasn't managed to smile a bit ! (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Order of St. Charles honours ceremony would have been today. Perhaps it's tomorrow.

I thought the Order of St. Charles honours ceremony would have been today. Perhaps it's tomorrow.

Usually that is done at the cour d'honneur of palais before the family heads to the cathedral.

Usually that is done at the cour d'honneur of palais before the family heads to the cathedral.

No I'm talking about the ceremony that takes place in the Throne Room in the days leading up to the 19th.

Speculative posts and comments have been removed. Thank you for your understanding.

I think you're talking about two different events.

there's St Charles which happens in the throne room a few days before National Day. :flowers:

I thought this a thread is about the Fête Nationale. On this day, before heading to the cathedral for the traditional Te Deum, there is always a ceremony on the cour d'honneur where civilians and military are decorated by the Prince.

I thought this a thread is about the Fête Nationale. On this day, before heading to the cathedral for the traditional Te Deum, there is always a ceremony on the cour d'honneur where civilians and military are decorated by the Prince.
You are not mistaken- this is a thread about the Fête Nationale and as such any events associated with it. So questions and comments about the events in preceding days go here - like the honours given inside the Palace.

On November 15 Prince Albert presented the Medals of Honour to Volunteers:

On 17 November on the occasion of the National Day of Monaco, Prince Albert with Princess Charlene awarded the Medals of Physical Education and Sports to the Ministry of State.

As part of the events related to the Monaco National Day, Princess Stephanie and her daughter Camille distributed to the Monegasque elders the traditional parcels this Monday, November 18 afternoon at Foyer Rainier III.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...cl7EsrdRzpmmtfFQHK8YZBMA24mSIr4de&__tn__=HH-R

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is it draughty in the Palace or cold in Monaco as the Princess is wearing her coat inside on both occasions.

Don't love coats worn as capes - Maxima does it as well. Just wear the coat! I must say the coat Charlene is wearing is beautiful - she always looks good in pure white.

Some things I noticed - she really didn't smile during the sports awards but she seemed less "vacant" than on her previous two appearances. At today's honours ceremonies she seemed more relaxed and did actually smile on occasion. I do think, however difficult she finds the language, that she might actually make an effort to say "congratulations" in French - it's only one word.

Nice to see Camille's father being honoured and to see Camille and Louis at the ceremony as well as Andrea.

Looking forward to tomorrow - I think it's my favourite Monaco event. Interested to see what Charlene will wear - want to see if she can beat 2016's outfit which I loved with its fabulous fabulous vintage vibe. Also curious to see how they integrate honouring Princess Grace's 90th into the ceremonies.

Charlotte is the only one absent. Beautiful Beatrice, her wonderful children..Elegant Tatiana..Alexandra, alone, smiling and very fresh..Carolina, charmant..Charlene, elegant, but impassive..Not a smile and from the videos you can notice a lot .. Never change expression, even the walk, the trend, she seems an automaton .. out of context. Prince Albert, instead, always sunny ... also Andrea and Pierre, beautiful and radiant.

Last edited:
Is the mass for Princess Grace because of her 90th Birthday last week or is there some other reason too?

Prince Jacques is wearing for the first time the Carabinier’s uniform ! It’s pity that they don’t stand next their parents in the court of honour just before the mass.

Yas, finally: Princess Stéphanie has a very good haircut that flatters her! She looks beautiful and stylish.

This is the second consecutive National Day that Charlotte has missed.:ermm:

Is the mass for Princess Grace because of her 90th Birthday last week or is there some other reason too?

There's Mass every National day at Monaco Cathedral and attended by the Princely and extended Princely Family.

There's Mass every National day at Monaco Cathedral and attended by the Princely and extended Princely Family.
Yes, I know, but this year Princess Grace is mentioned in the prayers. I didn't notice that in the last years.

Some people here say, that Princess Charlene doesn't look like she wants to be at some events, doesn't like to attend them. Well... what would you say about the Hereditary Prince Jacques then? :p

Yes, I know, but this year Princess Grace is mentioned in the prayers. I didn't notice that in the last years.

Some people here say, that Princess Charlene doesn't look like she wants to be at some events, doesn't like to attend them. Well... what would you say about the Hereditary Prince Jacques then? :p

Come on ! He is only a 4 years old child.

Some lovely new touches to this year’s celebrations: P Jacques looking ever so handsome in uniform and a special song composed especially for him. Add to that the beautiful rendition of “Amazing Grace” in memory of P Grace, and P Albert and P Stephanie still emotional after all these years since their mother’s passing. And of course, P Charlene lovingly supporting her husband through those difficult moments.

For me it's a drama to see Charlene at official events. No smile, empty eyes, like screeming out "help, get me out of here".
She seems absolutely not happy with anything concerning her role as a Princess of Monaco

The amorousnes from the beginning of this love story has totally gone.
Sad to see :sad:

Back
Top Bottom