National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What they need to do is to look back at photos of previous National Day celebrations and analyze how their parents managed to make them appear, well, more like celebrations! Grace always appeared extremely incredible even later in life, with her weight gain. She managed to make Monaco appear more important and significant.

Almost all family members appeared that I hoped would be present at National day. Almost, because there were no Steph's children.
BTW, Steph looked as if she did not want to be there. She could at least pretend, it is her "duty" anyway to appear at this kind of event. She was only smiling maybe once.:ermm: Albert the opposite, seemed to be in good mood. I remember his pic from ND 2 years ago, he was really sad.
I liked the most Steph's outfit this year, although she could wear pumps not little booties. Charlotte' skirt was way too short for official event like this, but she looked lovely like always.:) Little Alexandra red stockings, I don't know...
Wonder why the entire family chose to wear black this year. Other royals often wear bright or light colors on National days.

Opera pics were nice. Charlotte dress was the best. I just wish I could see more of Caroline's outfit.

Thank YOU, Iceflower!:flowers:

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL

can anyone tell me where those photos are of alexandra - thanks so much

People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat. ;)

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!

People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat. ;)

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!

I do think that you have a point here! Especially for non-Europeans it might be not that clear that the Grimaldi's are considered in Europe as a sort of fake-royals, not to be taken too seriously in any case. Before Caroline was married to EA she, nor any other Grimaldi family member, was hardly ever invited to a major European royalty event such as weddings etc. IMO she only got that arrogant behaviour and look AFTER her up-marrying. Having all that in mind, it makes you look in a different way, that is for sure. The only reason I follow Caroline, who is about the same age as myself, is for fashion and style purposes. She used to have excellent taste. But her grave, self-important and "regal" behaviour is, to me, a bit silly. So let Charlotte wear mini, it suits her, she has the age, and..... she is NO royal, the other Grimaldi's are semi-royals, and Monaco National Day is not an important event. It is just some sort of soap opera.

:wub::DI was surprised to see how Caroline has aged from last year´s photos. Stephanie always looks bedraggled. I used to love Charlotte when she was a child, but lately I find her too haughty which for me is a bit ridiculous since her kind of "royalty" is flimsy to say the least. As for Alexandra, I agree totally with several of you who find her very bad behaved. But if she takes after Daddy physically, I hope it´s not also in temperament!!!

It is true, a really very handsome young man is Pierre !

In my opinion,as a fan of Princess Grace ,it is a pity to see all in black and with those horrible dresses,with those ugly shoes,.I think glamour and elegance have disappeared from Monaco since Princess Grace died.I think Caroline is aged for her age and Stephanie looks older than Caroline...
Charlotte is pretty, but in my opinion, has not good taste ,not glamour to dress.It is a pity they have not inherited the good taste,elegance and glamour of princess Grace.
It seems little Alexandra ,has not good manners to behave...For me,everything is a total disaster...Besides,the make up is ugly and also the hair style...They do not look as princesses,they seem common people...Of course,it is my opinion ,and it must be respected as I respect others...:flowers:

Within a few years Alexandra will surely provide tabs, mags and rags with lots of good stuff!:D

I love those 2 pics of Caro and Steph the look on Carolines face in the 2nd one :lol: and the way Steph is looking at her in the 1st one is beautiful .Thanks Michelle

I love those 2 pics of Caro and Steph the look on Carolines face in the 2nd one :lol: and the way Steph is looking at her in the 1st one is beautiful .Thanks Michelle

Me too, I thought they were really cute. Bet Steph told Caro one of her famous jokes ... and the 1st one ... it's just the look in Steph's eyes that tells more than words...

I hope that whatever it was between :bang:Caroline and Stephanie has - or is starting to - pass(ed); the recent pictures indicate that they are enjoying eachother's company :ROFLMAO: - hopefully, that continues.:rolleyes:

Prince Albert II of Monaco looks normal as usual sorry but nothing exciting.Princess Stephanie of Monaco does not look happy in most of the pictures which is terrible being she has a pretty smile.And Prince Caroline of Hanover looks nice and she is pretty but her age is starting to show.

hello!!!!
why is stephanie so sad???? i wanted to see her children....
well, they all are beautiful, but alexandra looks like her father too much

Glistening Seas

:lol: H-m-m-m Whatever was with Stephanie and Caroline--we never really noticed there being anything between them? If there was it was probably nothing more than the usual sibling stuff that happens thru stages of adult life apparantly. It always appears there's always something fun happening there at those festivities some of the pics on National Day seemed like they were having a greaaat deal of fun.

If we knew "how" to post the pics of Charlotte and little Alexandra you can see Alexandra and Charlotte are starting to have a strong family resemblence. The pics turned out beautiful.

Prince Albert always looks flashy! Did anyone ever notice that guy "never" seems to have a wardrobe malfunction (sigh):lol: oh-h-h for a peek in thaaat guys closet huh?? hee. It appeared on one of stephanie's threads awhile back that she wanted the kids out of the spotlight glare? Do her children have titles? Could it be since stephanie's children don't have titles and are so young she wants them out of the spotlight glare?

Caroline went thru a phase the same way it seems when the children were a bit younger. Just to give them a chance to be able to have a little "breather" from the public glare till they got older and could handle it for themselves, it seems. :harvest::advent:

:lol: H-m-m-m Whatever was with Stephanie and Caroline--we never really noticed there being anything between them? If there was it was probably nothing more than the usual sibling stuff that happens thru stages of adult life apparantly. It always appears there's always something fun happening there at those festivities some of the pics on National Day seemed like they were having a greaaat deal of fun.

If we knew "how" to post the pics of Charlotte and little Alexandra you can see Alexandra and Charlotte are starting to have a strong family resemblence. The pics turned out beautiful.

Prince Albert always looks flashy! Did anyone ever notice that guy "never" seems to have a wardrobe malfunction (sigh):lol: oh-h-h for a peek in thaaat guys closet huh?? hee. It appeared on one of stephanie's threads awhile back that she wanted the kids out of the spotlight glare? Do her children have titles? Could it be since stephanie's children don't have titles and are so young she wants them out of the spotlight glare?

Caroline went thru a phase the same way it seems when the children were a bit younger. Just to give them a chance to be able to have a little "breather" from the public glare till they got older and could handle it for themselves, it seems. :harvest::advent:
Glistening Seas, you are apparently wearing a very very big pair of pink glasses, as they say in the Netherlands. Hardly anyone in the world would call Albert "flashy". Maybe he is well-dressed, it seems that EA even hit the "best-dressed-men" top 10, but when a man is as unsexy as the first and as overall unattractive as the latter, this hardly matters anymore, does it?
As for the fun happening, it looked more like an not much wanted obligation for the majority of them, especially for Stephanie.

Glistening Seas, you are apparently wearing a very very big pair of pink glasses, as they say in the Netherlands. Hardly anyone in the world would call Albert "flashy". Maybe he is well-dressed, it seems that EA even hit the "best-dressed-men" top 10, but when a man is as unsexy as the first and as overall unattractive as the latter, this hardly matters anymore, does it?
As for the fun happening, it looked more like an not much wanted obligation for the majority of them, especially for Stephanie.

Stephanie knows her duties well, she takes them seriously and has no problem being there .. she even enjoys working for her country and is a very proud member of this family.

I think they all seem like they enjoy the national day stuff. When they are at the palace, I imagine they had fine drinks and food inside, that we don't see, and it makes it fun for them even if some of the ceremonial stuff is boring to watch. They all look like they were enjoying each other's company. It is probably a nice break for at least Albert and Stephanie. I bet it's a very easy "duty" for them. And the opera is probably enjoyed by them too. I mean, sometimes when they look at the cameras on arrival they don't look happy, but then you see a pic of them looking at each other, and then there is bemusement, almost always, shared quietly among them. I think anyone would enjoy an elegant night at the opera with the family, and the only complaint would be having those blinding flashes when you arrive. But who knows? This is all based on what it seems like to me. I have no idea what is the truth.

Alex is little girl that what kids do when they are uncomfortable and she didn't like her stocking. Why can't PS kids come and PA kids come. The whole family should be there to unity as one family. Even CW.:ROFLMAO:
Haha, yeah, the media would be all over it if CW turned out for this occasion. Shoot, every year they seem to be all over the ancipation: will she, won't she?

I do agree that Stephanie should rethink her decision about keeping her kids out of the National Day celebrations. I know and respect that she likes to keep them on the "down low," as we say in the US. But if any event should be excepted, it should be National Day, I think. After all, Louis and Pauline are teenagers and they are Monegasque and should enjoy the national celebration too. And if Camille participated as well, Alex would have a nice playmate during the day. Maybe Camille was watching on TV and laughed at Alex about the stockings. I thought the stockings thing was cute. She is only eight or nine ? so we shouldn't be so hard on the poor kid. If people give her a hard time at this age, how much grief will she have as an adult? Because you know it only gets worse! I mean, it always gets worse. No matter what you do and how old you grow and how much experience you acquire, there will always be people criticizing you and saying, "Well, not good enough," to say nothing of the judgment we place on ourselves!!!!:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree that Stephanie should rethink her decision about keeping her kids out of the National Day celebrations. I know and respect that she likes to keep them on the "down low," as we say in the US. But if any event should be excepted, it should be National Day, I think. After all, Louis and Pauline are teenagers and they are Monegasque and should enjoy the national celebration too.

I have to agree with you on that one too. ..
Please Steph, don't shoot me :ermm: .

19 NOVEMBER 2008, NATIONAL DAY OF MONACO After the festivities and celebrations of the National Day of Monaco Princesses Alexandra (daughter of Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst of Hannover), and Princess Camille (daughter of Princess Estephanie), enjoyed at the Fair Ground settled at the harbour of Monaco. Alexandra Hannover demonstrated great skills for climbing like spiderman, while Camille prefered the atractions where she was sit.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2j0duoi.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/63wrv6.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/23w3aqp.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/21o28b6.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/6i9mvn.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/1079vsy.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/54kes.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/w88i90.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/9bg0as.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2hey59e.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2h6eh5j.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/dmplwp.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/nl8lmo.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/17xooi.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/ngu23n.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/mkx2zd.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/sdfukl.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/21jua38.jpg

Glistening Seas

:Dwow whaaat fun they must have been. Looks like Alexandra is going to be a great climber! So glad to see Camilla and the other kids out having a good time!! they look wonderful. Cammilla is going to be tall after her mom it appears!! Whom are the other children with Alexandra and Cammilla photo's are they family as well or friends??:harvest::advent:

:wub::DI was surprised to see how Caroline has aged from last year´s photos. Stephanie always looks bedraggled. I used to love Charlotte when she was a child, but lately I find her too haughty which for me is a bit ridiculous since her kind of "royalty" is flimsy to say the least. As for Alexandra, I agree totally with several of you who find her very bad behaved. But if she takes after Daddy physically, I hope it´s not also in temperament!!!

Yes, they both have aged, Stephanie more so than Caroline. Stephanie has aged more because of lots of time spent in the sun. Caroline will be 52 and we certainly don't look young forever. I think Caroline still looks good for her age, she will be the same age as Grace was when Grace died in 1982. If you look at Grace at 52 and Caroline at 52, Caroline looks alot more youthful than Grace did.

thanks for the pics. camille is so beautiful!!!!!! i hope that they (alexandra and camille) enjoy together without riots like her mothers (i don´t know if you can understand me)

In my opinion,as a fan of Princess Grace ,it is a pity to see all in black and with those horrible dresses,with those ugly shoes,.I think glamour and elegance have disappeared from Monaco since Princess Grace died.I think Caroline is aged for her age and Stephanie looks older than Caroline...
Charlotte is pretty, but in my opinion, has not good taste ,not glamour to dress.It is a pity they have not inherited the good taste,elegance and glamour of princess Grace.
It seems little Alexandra ,has not good manners to behave...For me,everything is a total disaster...Besides,the make up is ugly and also the hair style...They do not look as princesses,they seem common people...Of course,it is my opinion ,and it must be respected as I respect others...:flowers:
My Goodness, such a big fuss over Alexandra's behavior on National Day. She is only 9, to stand for a long time and be around adults for most of the day was probably incredibly boring for her. She did what any other kid would do her age, she got fidgety and antsy and that's to be expected, afterall she's only a child not an adult!!

Some said here that Grimaldis didn't look royal enough at ND. 'Common they didn't look that bad and not worse than other royals. There were some missteps like Charlotte's too short dress, Alexandra's red stocking. Ladies could also wear hats, actually Elisabeth and Melanie did, but overall the whole family was OK.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think nearly everything has been criticised
by now - ageing processes, choices of clothes, behaviour, relationships,
attendance, non-attendance and so on. It's time to move on!

My Goodness, such a big fuss over Alexandra's behavior on National Day. She is only 9, to stand for a long time and be around adults for most of the day was probably incredibly boring for her. She did what any other kid would do her age, she got fidgety and antsy and that's to be expected, afterall she's only a child not an adult!!
Well,I think there are children polite and children" rude",as well as adults polite and adults rude,but of course it is my opinion...I do not want to discuss with anybody....I respect your opinion of course:flowers:

Yes, they both have aged, Stephanie more so than Caroline. Stephanie has aged more because of lots of time spent in the sun. Caroline will be 52 and we certainly don't look young forever. I think Caroline still looks good for her age, she will be the same age as Grace was when Grace died in 1982. If you look at Grace at 52 and Caroline at 52, Caroline looks alot more youthful than Grace did.
That is not true.Princess Grace was younger than Caroline,even when she was dead.Princess Grace had no wrinkles ,she did not spent her time in the sun...:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom